Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Post-War

Search this Thread
Old 6th June 2010, 23:27   #136
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndrojitSircar View Post
I suppose the engine is also not off so then the option left is to put the rear suspension back and move the car and first take the engine and gearbox off and then get a good place and then open both the suspensions up after that.
Exactly!
Yes, engine and gearbox are not yet off.
Incidentally, I have a plan to get the block sandblasted after stripping it bare. I saw a video of someone who did so for his 'bug' fiat 500C engine block on youtube. What are the pros and cons, viz. any risk of the sand entering the cylinder orifices and thus damaging the inner walls?
Old 6th June 2010, 23:31   #137
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanher View Post
Exactly!
Yes, engine and gearbox are not yet off.
Incidentally, I have a plan to get the block sandblasted after stripping it bare. I saw a video of someone who did so for his 'bug' fiat 500C engine block on Youtube. What are the pros and cons, viz. any risk of the sand entering the cylinder orifices and thus damaging the inner walls?

You don't need to get it done. Apart from that why do you want to spend on something that is not required and do it just because you saw it on a video? Will let you know the pros and cons of it.

Last edited by IndrojitSircar : 6th June 2010 at 23:33.
Old 2nd March 2013, 21:25   #138
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The Vauxhall Wyvern Project

Sorry about the really long silence!

To cut a long story short, the car is now moved (for restoring) to the hands of a fellow team bhpian (in Bangalore) who is more likely to do full justice to the restoration!

We should be seeing updates from him here shortly!
Stanher is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th March 2013, 00:37   #139
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanher View Post
Sorry about the really long silence!

To cut a long story short, the car is now moved (for restoring) to the hands of a fellow team bhpian (in Bangalore) who is more likely to do full justice to the restoration!

We should be seeing updates from him here shortly!

Has the car gone to the Famous Tbhp restorer in bangalore ?
IndrojitSircar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th March 2013, 22:19   #140
BHPian

I've just read through the entire thread from beginning that seems to have NO end.

Reminds me of a joke.
What did the Sadist say to the Masochist? - "Beat me!"
What did the Masochist reply? - "No!"

I'm so very moved and impressed with the detail of the photos and dialogue and all the support fellow BHP members have offered! And most of all Shyam's meticulous attention to every detail.

It's this kind camaraderie that makes BHP one of my favourite places to visit and contribute to. Just some great enthusiasts sharing a wonderful passion to preserve and cherish the creativity and engineering of days gone by.

I'm so looking forward to seeing the finished car and knowing all about the long journey of it's resurrection. I just hope I'll still be around.

It would be interesting to have a sense of the costs to date of this project if I might be so bold.
john a milne is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th March 2013, 00:14   #141
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndrojitSircar View Post
Has the car gone to the Famous Tbhp restorer in bangalore ?
You will get to know that very soon Indro

Quote:
Originally Posted by john a milne View Post
I've just read through the entire thread from beginning that seems to have NO end.

Reminds me of a joke.
What did the Sadist say to the Masochist? - "Beat me!"
What did the Masochist reply? - "No!"

I'm so very moved and impressed with the detail of the photos and dialogue and all the support fellow BHP members have offered! And most of all Shyam's meticulous attention to every detail.

It's this kind camaraderie that makes BHP one of my favourite places to visit and contribute to. Just some great enthusiasts sharing a wonderful passion to preserve and cherish the creativity and engineering of days gone by.

I'm so looking forward to seeing the finished car and knowing all about the long journey of it's resurrection. I just hope I'll still be around.

It would be interesting to have a sense of the costs to date of this project if I might be so bold.
Well, T-BHP is indeed such a nice place. A good car never dies
Old 8th March 2013, 17:41   #142
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
You will get to know that very soon Indro

Well, T-BHP is indeed such a nice place. A good car never dies
Right time, Santhosh came back from the US and he sees his car LIVE for the first time.

Well, we are meeting again on Monday to discuss on the Direction on this Project.
Attached Thumbnails
The Vauxhall Wyvern Project-486011_636045033088789_1027617747_n.jpg  

PAVAN KADAM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th March 2013, 20:29   #143
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by john a milne View Post
'appreciate your kind words John! Although all the same I regret I wasnt able to do much justice to the car while it was in my custody! It should see better days now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
Right time, Santhosh came back from the US and he sees his car LIVE for the first time.

Well, we are meeting again on Monday to discuss on the Direction on this Project.
Great to know he's finally got to see his car 'in the flesh'! (assuming that's him in the pic.?)

Also if I might ask, whats the story behind the Millecento in the background?
Old 12th March 2019, 13:55   #144
BHPian

Same car is Exhibited G D Vintage Car Museum Coimbatore in Original Condition . There are very rare Vintage/ Classic cars on display .Very good collection of pre & post war cars .
Old 1st February 2020, 14:59   #145
BHPian

Vauxhall Wyvern 51- how to assess value

Hi folks ,
Just wanted to get advice on how to arrive at a reasonable price for selling a classic.
I have a Vauxhall Wyvern 51 in my dad's garage. Not in great shape. But not gone to scrap. I.e. everything is intact as far as I can see.should be restorabl
No blue book for such cars that can work as a guide.Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Attached Thumbnails
The Vauxhall Wyvern Project-img_20190831_114453737.jpg  

vikrantw1 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2020, 14:33   #146
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Vauxhall Wyvern 51- how to assess value

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikrantw1 View Post
Hi folks ,
Just wanted to get advice on how to arrive at a reasonable price for selling a classic.
I have a Vauxhall Wyvern 51 in my dad's garage.
It would greatly help if you pull out the car from the garage and share some detailed pictures, exteriors, interiors, dash panel, engine bay etc.
KartikeyaL is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th February 2020, 09:45   #147
BHPian

Please contact me at 7907861930 for advice regarding Vauxhall . I am owner of Vauxhall - Velox 1949 -50 Single owner car .

Most Viewed