Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Post-War
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th November 2009, 09:37   #91
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndrojitSircar View Post
Mr. Shyam updateswith pics
Sorry, 'didn't have much to report yesterday, as I'd forgotten to take my camera with me!
Plus was having difficulty uploading images yesterday. Better now.
However, the only notable work that happened anyways, was that the diff/rear axle had finally been coated with red oxide primer, MUCH to my relief!! Trust me, I'm glad its done! : phew:

'will take pics. of it today.

Next to deal with are the rear leaf springs that have been long since demanding attention.

Another good news of yesterday is that I got the set of bushes for the front balance rod/stabiliser bar that I bought online on ebay, posted to fellow tbhpian suren181's address here. I was pleasantly surprised how remarkably quick it was in arriving! Here are a few pics. (the washers shown in the ebay pic. are not a part of this set):

The Vauxhall Wyvern Project-img_3896.jpg

The Vauxhall Wyvern Project-img_3897.jpg

The Vauxhall Wyvern Project-brodbush.jpg

I found them quite good and have emailed them for more parts needed. 'hope I get a reply from them atleast!

'happened to speak to your father 'Bumpu' yesterday, regarding a different matter. 'was nice talking to him, he seemed very knowledgeable of course. 'also told me you had a Standard Pennant in your family too, white and green, WBE something, until about 10-12 years ago. Any pics. of that car?

Last edited by Stanher : 11th November 2009 at 09:39.
Old 11th November 2009, 14:02   #92
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanher View Post
Sorry, 'didn't have much to report yesterday, as I'd forgotten to take my camera with me!
Plus was having difficulty uploading images yesterday. Better now.
However, the only notable work that happened anyways, was that the diff/rear axle had finally been coated with red oxide primer, MUCH to my relief!! Trust me, I'm glad its done! : phew:

'will take pics. of it today.

Next to deal with are the rear leaf springs that have been long since demanding attention.

Another good news of yesterday is that I got the set of bushes for the front balance rod/stabiliser bar that I bought online on ebay, posted to fellow tbhpian suren181's address here. I was pleasantly surprised how remarkably quick it was in arriving! Here are a few pics. (the washers shown in the ebay pic. are not a part of this set):

Attachment 225775

Attachment 225776

Attachment 225777

I found them quite good and have emailed them for more parts needed. 'hope I get a reply from them atleast!

'happened to speak to your father 'Bumpu' yesterday, regarding a different matter. 'was nice talking to him, he seemed very knowledgeable of course. 'also told me you had a Standard Pennant in your family too, white and green, WBE something, until about 10-12 years ago. Any pics. of that car?

Wow the bushes look good.

Well i don't think there are pics of that car because in those days we used to own a lot of cars and qwe didn't click pictures of them so no record.By the way what did you speak to him about ?
Old 12th November 2009, 17:49   #93
Senior - BHPian

Updates please Mr.shyam
Old 12th November 2009, 19:25   #94
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Wow the bushes look good.
By the way what did you speak to him about ?
Thanks, they sure do. I'm still waiting for a reply to my email to the senders.

'have sent you a pm about that.

Quote:
Updates please Mr.shyam
Sorry...lately I've been having trouble with the net, especially with uploading pics., at night! Mornings are relatively better.

Also no major update as of today, was busy with other works to handle, including my 1960 Lambretta. But got back the axle shafts after "throughing" at the lathe. And here are the pics. of the RO primered diff/axle.

Enjoy!

The Vauxhall Wyvern Project-img_3924.jpg

The Vauxhall Wyvern Project-img_3925.jpg

The Vauxhall Wyvern Project-img_3927.jpg

Last edited by Stanher : 12th November 2009 at 19:31.
Old 19th November 2009, 00:20   #95
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Sorry...lately I've been having trouble with the net, especially with uploading pics., at night! Mornings are relatively better.

Also no major update as of today, was busy with other works to handle, including my 1960 Lambretta. But got back the axle shafts after "throughing" at the lathe. And here are the pics. of the RO primered diff/axle.

Enjoy!

Attachment 226507

Attachment 226508

Attachment 226509
Well that looks better now after the primer on it.So what the current status?
Old 19th November 2009, 00:56   #96
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Well that looks better now after the primer on it.So what the current status?
Thanks! Well, rear springs finally given for alignment/resetting today. They said it would be over by this evening at 3pm but can collect them back only tomorrow.
So pics./further updates to be posted then too.
Old 25th November 2009, 02:17   #97
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks! Well, rear springs finally given for alignment/resetting today. They said it would be over by this evening at 3pm but can collect them back only tomorrow.
So pics./further updates to be posted then too.

Updates Please !
Old 25th November 2009, 20:41   #98
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Updates Please !
Nothing major as yet, sorry! 'been preoccupied lately, so haven't reverted to the car.

'got the springs back after the resetting, they seem to have done a good enough job. I hope they will work better from now on.
These are the only pics. I have of them now. To be refitted with the rear axle on the car.

The Vauxhall Wyvern Project-img_3982.jpg

The Vauxhall Wyvern Project-img_3983.jpg

The Vauxhall Wyvern Project-img_3993.jpg

The Vauxhall Wyvern Project-img_3994.jpg
Old 5th December 2009, 04:12   #99
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

'got the springs back after the resetting, they seem to have done a good enough job. I hope they will work better from now on.
These are the only pics. I have of them now. To be refitted with the rear axle on the car.

They look alright according to the pics.Whats the current status?
Old 6th December 2009, 12:54   #100
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
They look alright according to the pics.Whats the current status?
They do look allright, although am now wondering if I should've got them painted in primer before getting them reassembled...? Some things that are done may be far from how we would've wanted them to be, no matter how much we strive I guess!

Well, no updates as yet I'm afraid- mech's busy with another project of mine for now. But do watch this space!
Old 20th December 2009, 02:38   #101
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
They do look allright, although am now wondering if I should've got them painted in primer before getting them reassembled...? Some things that are done may be far from how we would've wanted them to be, no matter how much we strive I guess!

Well, no updates as yet I'm afraid- mech's busy with another project of mine for now. But do watch this space!
Well you can still paint them now wouldn't make much of a difference i would think.

Whats the current status ?
Old 20th December 2009, 11:06   #102
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Well you can still paint them now wouldn't make much of a difference i would think.

Whats the current status ?
Still on hold I'm afraid! I have the same group of people working on another project of 'mine' (which you'd already know by now) partly because of which the bodywork is not going to be started immediately. So I have plans to do up the engine/gearbox atleast and the diff. reassembled. I'm thinking of getting the engine block sandblasted. Worth a try?
Old 20th December 2009, 17:35   #103
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
So I have plans to do up the engine/gearbox atleast and the diff. reassembled. I'm thinking of getting the engine block sandblasted. Worth a try?

Well i don't think it'll be worth the money spent on it.Instead just get it scraped down and i would suggest you go with the colour these cars originally had on the engine which is a shade of green similer to the one on the citroen and other cars done by my dad.I think you should not spend more than what is required.

Last edited by IndrojitSircar : 20th December 2009 at 17:37.
Old 16th January 2010, 00:41   #104
Senior - BHPian

Whats the update sir ?Long time no update ?
Old 16th January 2010, 01:10   #105
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Whats the update sir ?Long time no update?
Sorry, as you know, have been busy with the other project!

My mech. had been searching high and low for a guy who could rebuild the diff. (only mechs. who've worked on cars like Ambys would be familiar with this) but finally found one guy who's incidentally near to my area who agreed to take on the job.
So brought the disassembled diff. all the way down in my car and it is to be handed over to the guy. Once the rear suspension's reassembled, planning to take on the engine, gearbox etc.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks