Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Post-War
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th March 2009, 14:19   #106
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by S@~+#0$# View Post
I love all models of the VW buses but my preference is in the same order that they were released. For me the Splitwindow comes first, next the Bay and then the Transporter.

I have only seen one Splitwindow in person(even you were with me) and a few Baywindows including yours. Are Splitwindows shorter than the Baywindows in length?
All VW's look cute

Dont remind me about our VW Split sighting in Bangalore, It was so damn traumatic , we even forgot to take pictures of it. So near yet so far.

The overall proportions of a Split is smaller than the Baywindow, The Baywindows are bigger than them by a small margin : ).

Last edited by PAVAN KADAM : 4th March 2009 at 14:30.
Old 4th March 2009, 14:50   #107
Senior - BHPian

Pavan,

The below pictures itself are making me drool over the VW!! I am really waiting to see the final outcome!!
Old 6th March 2009, 13:26   #108
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by getsurya View Post
Pavan,

The below pictures itself are making me drool over the VW!! I am really waiting to see the final outcome!!

You are 60 hours away from the final paint is done. This sunday, i am putting up the final painted Bus pics

Paint procured, Fittings ready. ....Countdown begins
Old 6th March 2009, 17:13   #109
Senior - BHPian

Reminds me of the Sri Harikotta preparations that happen once a while ! All the very best for a successful completion and wishing to see it live on road soon !
Old 6th March 2009, 17:32   #110
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
You are 60 hours away from the final paint is done. This sunday, i am putting up the final painted Bus pics

I am in love with the bus now! The feminine looking picture did me in!
Two days wait for the painted pictures, We are waiting eagerly!
Old 6th March 2009, 17:45   #111
Senior - BHPian

Hey Pavan, I spotted a Bay Window today near Lingarajapuram Flyover going towards the ring road. Maroon and white and for a moment thought it was you. TMJ regn.

Look forward to your finished bay window! Add some curtains, and you're all set for bollywood. Deewar and Amitabh!

cheers!
Srini
Old 8th March 2009, 22:11   #112
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by desigNation View Post
pavan kadam-great effort dude,good to see the latest pics,recently saw a tamil movie called "saroja",which had a similar van fully restored.the movie is nothing great but the van was worthg looking at.

Hi, That red colored VW van was actually belongs to my friend and he is willing to sell it. He said the total restoration with the van costed around 2.8L and he is quoting the same for deal.

This VW is celebrity in term's tamil movies, lots of tamil movie fans will know this van as it acted in more than a dozen movies.

As fars as the driveterrain this vehicle got everything original. If any takers PM me to get my friend's number. Pictures from the Saroja movie are here:

Restoration of 1971 VW Baywindow Microbus: Restoration Complete-sarojastills20.jpg

Restoration of 1971 VW Baywindow Microbus: Restoration Complete-sarojastills22.jpg

Restoration of 1971 VW Baywindow Microbus: Restoration Complete-sarojastills24.jpg

Name:  sarojastills25.jpg
Views: 6393
Size:  76.3 KB
Old 9th March 2009, 07:32   #113
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

When it will ends? Its Monday now
Old 9th March 2009, 11:05   #114
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjothi View Post
When it will ends? Its Monday now
, Some unforeseen circumstances Sunday plan was cancelled, now re-scheduled to Tuesday.

Since its Holi , it'll be nice to play by colouring my VW Bus
Old 9th March 2009, 11:49   #115
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
, Some unforeseen circumstances Sunday plan was cancelled, now re-scheduled to Tuesday.

Since its Holi , it'll be nice to play by colouring my VW Bus
Just curious, will you stand in front or behind the gun? Happy Holi.

BTW, talking of split vans. A lot of these have left the country in the last 2 to 3 years, they were taken back by foreigners. It is legal. I just managed to grab the last one available, now they are just not seen.
Baywindows were plentiful in India, and then the movie industry discovered them. First many film stars had them, then they thrashed them in movies, now not many left. And they are such charming busses!
Cheers
Old 9th March 2009, 12:20   #116
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by harit View Post
Just curious, will you stand in front or behind the gun? Happy Holi.

BTW, talking of split vans. A lot of these have left the country in the last 2 to 3 years, they were taken back by foreigners. It is legal. I just managed to grab the last one available, now they are just not seen.
Baywindows were plentiful in India, and then the movie industry discovered them. First many film stars had them, then they thrashed them in movies, now not many left. And they are such charming busses!
Cheers
Sirjee,

I have learnt spraying the base coat, and maybe i might spray one panel myself, just for the satisfaction of having been involved in painting also.
So far i've done a miniscule bit of welding, tinkering,tapping,applying body filler, surfacer , sanding, helping the mechanic do the engine and some odd jobs. But when it comes to some major jobs like spot checking and painting, i make sure i stand along with my painter and get things done, Hence tomorrow i'am bunking Office

Wow.. to know you own one Split,Yes there are handful of them around the country, There were 2 baywindow Buses and 1 split in Bangalore, One that i knew and was about to be picked up got, sold to someone, one Bay is restored and running around Bangy and the other is mine sourced from Hubli, The split belongs to a friend of mine and is getting restored and will be on road shortly.

Kindly share the pics of your Bus with us sir.

@ smsrini:- Guruve, you are most welcome to see it anytime you want, just give me a buzz if you are around Hebbal tomorrow. Its getting its final coat tomorrow.

Last edited by PAVAN KADAM : 9th March 2009 at 12:23.
Old 11th March 2009, 09:22   #117
Senior - BHPian

Where is the bus ???

Pavan hope you enjoyed playing holi with your bus by giving it a good paint job, please post pictures of your bus.
Old 11th March 2009, 09:41   #118
Senior - BHPian

Pavan,

Baega nim bus photo thorsi! Waiting for the beauty to be unveiled!!
Old 11th March 2009, 10:09   #119
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harit View Post
Indeed. I do know of one here in Hyd., owned by a tbhpian, carbug (pics. posted some time earlier) It was formerly an ambulance, now undergoing full restoration.

Then I'd seen a green & white one with an AAX regn. (circa late 60s/early 70s) abandoned in a lane, just once, a few years ago.....unfortunately I couldn't remember which area here that was and was never able to track it down!
Old 11th March 2009, 10:40   #120
BHPian

I was present when Pavan's bus was getting painted yesterday. The color is yellow (slightly less bright compared to his Beetle) and white - yellow for the body and white for the roof and bumpers. I was only able to stay till the first coat of yellow was sprayed. Must say, the color combo suits the bus very well and he does follow a very meticulous process.

Pavan: Bring on the pictures soon mate

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks