Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Post-War
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd June 2009, 13:41   #226
BHPian

The tinworkers weem to have done a phenomenal job.. Way to go..
Old 22nd June 2009, 17:10   #227
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by the mole View Post
I dont have manuals for your particular type. i do have original manuals for my car. If you want those I can email them to you next week. lets see if Karl has a copy that we can send to you. He has this particular model.
You can find a 55 model manual in Italian here (link provided by Karl himself)

http://www.millecento.it/manuale-uso...ipo-A-1955.pdf
Old 22nd June 2009, 20:30   #228
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manishalive View Post
You can find a 55 model manual in Italian here (link provided by Karl himself)

http://www.millecento.it/manuale-uso...ipo-A-1955.pdf
Nah Manish that link wont work, unfortunately the Millecento Site in Italy has now made the manuals available only to paying members. Anyways my scanning is nearly done. I will definately upload my PDF's this week.
Old 22nd June 2009, 21:50   #229
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by upspeed View Post
Amol,
Are the manuals available?

Quote:
Hi Sanjeet the car indeed seems to have a great bodyline, I dont have manuals for your particular type. i do have original manuals for my car. If you want those I can email them to you next week. lets see if Karl has a copy that we can send to you. He has this particular model.
Could i have a copy of the manual of the 56 model too, if an electronic copy is available. Also, I had a query about the 56 model, is it okay to post it here?
Old 23rd June 2009, 22:38   #230
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gendarmee View Post
Could i have a copy of the manual of the 56 model too, if an electronic copy is available. Also, I had a query about the 56 model, is it okay to post it here?
ofcourse I am going to upload it here as a free download, please feel free to post any questions you may have. How is your resto comming along?
Old 23rd June 2009, 23:33   #231
BHPian

That'd be neat!
Thanks. didnt want to spam this thread. Resto hasnt yet started. Dont know when it will exactly but i figured its not a bad idea to start collecting parts that we'd need. Im planning on cleaning and polishing it to get some good pics.
Here are few of my questions regards that.
First look was the headlights. The ones on the car have a flat glass, while this one i found this in the
boot, while looking for the hubcaps, this has a concave glass, is it the original kind? ( would just replacing the glass make it original)
Attaching a pic of whats under the hood. Wondering if the Air filter is original, I've just seen the round type air filters hence the doubt.

The last pic is of the lever in unlocked position, saw that on one of the pages here.
Thanks a tonne.
Attached Thumbnails
Restoration of MTP 8389 a 1956 Fiat 1100-21062009015.jpg  

Restoration of MTP 8389 a 1956 Fiat 1100-21062009016.jpg  

Restoration of MTP 8389 a 1956 Fiat 1100-img_2256_headlight.jpg  

Restoration of MTP 8389 a 1956 Fiat 1100-img_2267_underhood.jpg  

Restoration of MTP 8389 a 1956 Fiat 1100-img_2283_door.jpg  

Last edited by gendarmee : 23rd June 2009 at 23:44. Reason: to add more pics
Old 24th June 2009, 08:23   #232
Senior - BHPian

Sorry for poking in between, but could not resist. In the engine bay what an originality

1. The Air filter 2. the Brake oil bottle 3. the horn on left side below the battery stand 4. the air intake duct on right of radiatir with the operating wire connected.

As for the lights I believe the one found in the trunks are original, for confirmation, gurus please answer .
Old 24th June 2009, 09:56   #233
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gendarmee View Post
First look was the headlights. The ones on the car have a flat glass, while this one i found this in the boot, while looking for the hubcaps, this has a concave glass, is it the original kind? ( would just replacing the glass make it original)
Attaching a pic of whats under the hood. Wondering if the Air filter is original, I've just seen the round type air filters hence the doubt.
As I've said in the past, this is a very very original car. Airfilter certainly is original, you might have to do some R&D to get an element to fit. Headlights currently on the car are not original, those from the boot are. Could you find the hubcaps? Try restoring the reflectors and reuse it, it is impossible to find. I see no markings on them so they might be Indian replicas, but look identical to the originals. The headlight rings should be aluminium for these models, try getting them made. Else, rechrome these, they will look great too. The headlights should have further apparatus fitted to the rear end to light up the engine bay from the inside. Are these present? If I remember right your parking lights are also the very rare smaller units.

If I remember correctly your numberplate light was from an Amby, hunt for the original, not too difficult to find. Bootlid handle was from a Padmini I think. Treat that steeringwheel, meter surrounds, and 'Millecento' script plate like gold, it is probably of equal value today in that condition.

Remove the FIAM horns, reconnect the original (visible under the battery box), it sounds super. Take care of that metal blade radiator fan, and the water pump and pulley too. As mentioned before, the brake fluid reservoir is a treasure.

Happy motoring!

Last edited by karlosdeville : 24th June 2009 at 09:58.
Old 24th June 2009, 22:35   #234
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post
Headlights currently on the car are not original, those from the boot are. Could you find the hubcaps? Try restoring the reflectors and reuse it, it is impossible to find. I see no markings on them so they might be Indian replicas, but look identical to the originals.
I agree but then I am sure there was a huge supply of After Market replicas in places, incidentally i found photos from my fathers architecture thesis from 1972 when Nariman Point did not exist, but there are 2-3 Dukkar cabs visible. So i assume if you lost your headlights in the early 70's you could still get a bunch of aftermarket dukkar headlight. Th.ese look close to the Jawa ones though.

The engine bay is amazingly original, that means the 56 non centre light dukkars had the batteries on the carb side, and the air control duct winds its way on the passenger side (opposite side).

Do you have the original keys on this car, If so can you post pics here for reference? You have one amazing car buddy.
Old 28th June 2009, 12:33   #235
Senior - BHPian

Okay the manual is scanned and ready, any suggestions how to upload? even as PDF it is 50 MB. I was thinking of uploading it one page at a time. I had it scanned at a higher resolution so that uf one wanted they could print the whole thing out in colour and put in the glove box
Old 28th June 2009, 13:31   #236
BHPian

Quote:
Okay the manual is scanned and ready, any suggestions how to upload? even as PDF it is 50 MB. I was thinking of uploading it one page at a time. I had it scanned at a higher resolution so that uf one wanted they could print the whole thing out in colour and put in the glove box
I think rapidshare would work. Heres the link RapidShare: Easy Filehosting

Thanks for the efforts.

Regards,
Adheesh Parelkar
Old 8th July 2009, 15:37   #237
BHPian

the mole: Work on my Elegant has re-started and have a request. Could you kindly post the Wiring diagram from the manual for my reference or e-mail it to me at suren181(at)yahoo.com. It would be of great help. The manual, if possible would be even more lovely for now the assembly of the car has started.
Old 8th July 2009, 20:48   #238
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suren181 View Post
the mole: Work on my Elegant has re-started and have a request. Could you kindly post the Wiring diagram from the manual for my reference or e-mail it to me at suren181(at)yahoo.com. It would be of great help. The manual, if possible would be even more lovely for now the assembly of the car has started.
Dear Suren, No issues I will start uploading the scanned manual tomorrow two pages at a time, whoever wants it can download the pages as and when required I have scanned them in a way that if you have a good printer and print it on a slightly heavier paper you can assemble a replica yourself.

The original manual especially the English version is extremely rare and cost me 5K, So I am going to put it in a watertight box and put it in my locker.
Old 8th July 2009, 21:59   #239
BHPian

Quote:
The original manual especially the English version is extremely rare and cost me 5K, So I am going to put it in a watertight box and put it in my locker.
Boss, I am totally indebted to you for doing this for me. I owe you bro. Thank you once again.
Old 9th July 2009, 15:22   #240
Senior - BHPian

1957 fiat 1100 103 E owner's manual

I am herewith posting over several threads the above mentioned manual which I have scanned. Please note that the original is verey very rare especially in English.
Hopefully it will raise the standard of everyones restoration to new levels.

You should be able to print them out and make your own Elegant manuals

Hopefully others will follow suit and post copies of their manuals for everyones enjoyment.

Enjoy!!
Attached Thumbnails
Restoration of MTP 8389 a 1956 Fiat 1100-document.jpg  

Restoration of MTP 8389 a 1956 Fiat 1100-document-2.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks