Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Post-War
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st February 2010, 17:18   #76
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsag12 View Post
Initially the person was asking 300 but after bargaining it cost me 200. Is the amount paid OK. If you require i will definitely search one for you on my next visit probably coming Wednesday. You require only the toggle switches and the chrome meter surround or the full working meter. BTW which model meter is it.
Also the combination switch which i procured, is it available in the market.(new)
Switches are not available in the market. This type of meter came in late Delights and Early Presidents. I am looking for the Black Plastic Surround around the meter only, toggle switches are always welcomed.

I have the black plastic surround from my car as well as shyam has also given me one but both are cracked .
Old 21st February 2010, 18:04   #77
Senior - BHPian

OK so you want only the meter casing of this model. If i find it definitely i will get one for you. BTW which model fiat are you restoring. Also anyone who requires the old type combination switch can place their order as scrapper has some more pieces of it left with him. Pics attached. http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attach...-image0054.jpg
Old 21st February 2010, 19:45   #78
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manishalive View Post
Switches are not available in the market. This type of meter came in late Delights and Early Presidents. I am looking for the Black Plastic Surround around the meter only, toggle switches are always welcomed.

I have the black plastic surround from my car as well as shyam has also given me one but both are cracked .
Repair it with a mixture of sawdust and Araldite then sand the whole surround down Prime it then spray it. These surround are getting very difficult to find, so till you find one intact use the one you have. If done properly no one will be able to tel the difference.
Old 21st February 2010, 20:58   #79
Senior - BHPian

Opened up the delight meter for cleaning. Have almost done the interior cleaning job. The aluminum plate and toggle switches have come out very well. So is the dial surround. The outer shell of meter is to be worked upon. Will post its pics later.
Also can anybody state how to check the Clock (whether it is working or not) without installing it in car. See attached pics.
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat 1100 Club of Lucknow-image0064.jpg  

Old 22nd February 2010, 00:31   #80
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Opened up the delight meter for cleaning. Have almost done the interior cleaning job. The aluminum plate and toggle switches have come out very well. So is the dial surround. The outer shell of meter is to be worked upon. Will post its pics later.
Sagar, if you're referring to the silver meter, that aint a Delight one, it's from a PRESIDENT. So is the vertical PAL logo horn-button.

Last edited by Stanher : 22nd February 2010 at 00:37.
Old 22nd February 2010, 13:16   #81
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanher View Post
Sagar, if you're referring to the silver meter, that aint a Delight one, it's from a PRESIDENT. So is the vertical PAL logo horn-button.
OK Shyam bhai so it is the meter of President model. I stated it a delight one as Manish (manishalive) stated in his post no.76 that these type of meters came on late delights and early president models. The vertical PAL logo horn button is indeed from a president model. I picked it up when i felt something under my feet in the heap of car junk . I picked it up and uncovered it from the mud and what i see a rare to find horn button I got it for mere 10 Rs.
Old 24th February 2010, 08:28   #82
Senior - BHPian

OK so here are some updates on the WIP of the speedometer. Some before and after shots of the console. Final coat and polishing is yet to be done. The clock on the S1 speedo is not working when attached to the PCB of meter. Thinking of making a direct connection through soldering the wires.
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat 1100 Club of Lucknow-image0065.jpg  

Fiat 1100 Club of Lucknow-image0075.jpg  

Fiat 1100 Club of Lucknow-image0066.jpg  

Fiat 1100 Club of Lucknow-image0067.jpg  

Fiat 1100 Club of Lucknow-image0076.jpg  

Fiat 1100 Club of Lucknow-image0077.jpg  

Fiat 1100 Club of Lucknow-image0074.jpg  

Fiat 1100 Club of Lucknow-image0081.jpg  

Fiat 1100 Club of Lucknow-image0068.jpg  

Fiat 1100 Club of Lucknow-image0079.jpg  

Fiat 1100 Club of Lucknow-image0078.jpg  

Fiat 1100 Club of Lucknow-image0080.jpg  

Last edited by samsag12 : 24th February 2010 at 08:33.
Old 24th February 2010, 22:02   #83
Senior - BHPian

OK so finally reassembled the President meter after final coat and polishing. Some pics attached.
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat 1100 Club of Lucknow-presidentbefore3.jpg  

Fiat 1100 Club of Lucknow-image0082.jpg  

Fiat 1100 Club of Lucknow-image0083.jpg  

Fiat 1100 Club of Lucknow-image0086.jpg  

Fiat 1100 Club of Lucknow-image0088.jpg  

Fiat 1100 Club of Lucknow-image0084.jpg  

Old 24th February 2010, 22:12   #84
Senior - BHPian

Very neat work Sagar.

Start collecting many more such classic parts. it will be useful to others who may need it.
Old 24th February 2010, 22:58   #85
Senior - BHPian

Wow, the meter's looking great - how did you polish the black housing ? with what ?? Also, did you remove the glass and clean it from the inside ?
Old 24th February 2010, 23:25   #86
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
OK so finally reassembled the President meter after final coat and polishing. Some pics attached.
Wow, excellent sagar! That meter looks brand new!!
Old 24th February 2010, 23:28   #87
Senior - BHPian

Beautiful work on the speedometre.lovely immaculate restoration.
Old 25th February 2010, 02:00   #88
Senior - BHPian

Aha! Samsag12 showing us new ways of restoration, wonderful buddy, bye the way how did you manage to get the meter casing back to new form?
Old 25th February 2010, 10:10   #89
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun1100 View Post
Very neat work Sagar.

Start collecting many more such classic parts. it will be useful to others who may need it.
For sure. The collection of parts has started and majority of them will be collected for the benefit of club members and others who genuinely need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSelect View Post
Wow, the meter's looking great - how did you polish the black housing ? with what ?? Also, did you remove the glass and clean it from the inside ?
The work on the meter housing was carried in stages right from dis- assembling the meter to bare, washing it with soapy water,drying it applying thinner to make the surface rough and remove any grease type agent, applying 5 thin coats of black paint, drying it for a day(rather night) and finally polishing it with first a petrol based polish followed by pure wax based polish in order to make the plastic long lasting as it is nearly 38 years old already. Regarding the removal of glass you can see in the pic the chrome ring of the meter glass which holds the meter, meter plate and glass. It was a full fledged restoration work as meter was in a very bad physical condition.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanher View Post
Wow, excellent sagar! That meter looks brand new!!
Thanks for the complement Stanher.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hillram View Post
Beautiful work on the speedometre.lovely immaculate restoration.
Thanks hillram bhai.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chanu View Post
Aha! Samsag12 showing us new ways of restoration, wonderful buddy, bye the way how did you manage to get the meter casing back to new form?
Thanks for the complement buddy. Restoring a car includes all this work and often sometimes many people don't carry out these type of mini restorations. BTW Check the reply to Superselect's comment regarding the restoration of casing.
Old 25th February 2010, 10:26   #90
Senior - BHPian

BTW another meter restoration work is on. The casing of which can be seen above. Its a new type speedo with clock. The mechanical work has almost been completed. The issues of its clock were being discussed in the technical info thread.
BTW the small bulb in the pic, is it available in the shops. It is of the president's meter. Besides it is the regular side indicator bulb for reference.
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat 1100 Club of Lucknow-image0090.jpg  

Fiat 1100 Club of Lucknow-image0091.jpg  

Fiat 1100 Club of Lucknow-image0092.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks