Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Post-War
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th February 2010, 21:54   #1
Senior - BHPian

Fiat 1100 Club of Lucknow

Being inspired from the other fiat clubs, i am taking an initiative to start Fiat 1100 Club of Lucknow. So all the Nawaabs of Lucknow a.k.a bhpians who are ardent fans of Fiat 1100 family of cars and 118NE series are most welcome to join this club irrespective of whether they own a fiat or not they must have love and respect towards these cars.
Moreover, i would like the support of members of the other fiat clubs present here in guiding and helping me to promote this club. Also would really appreciate if other members are able to provide information and share their experiences regarding fiat 1100 family of cars and 118NE series which would act as the building blocks of this club.
Hoping to see some activity in this thread.
Regards
Skumar
Old 4th February 2010, 21:57   #2
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Sagar!!!

So officially this is the Fourth Fiat Club in India!! Whoa!!! This is getting exciting..

AAL the best.
Old 4th February 2010, 22:06   #3
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Mr. Arun. Each and every person who loves this machine feels very sad when one views or listens the scrapping of a fiat. It applies to me too as many of my relatives literally gave away their prized possessions to the scrap dealers just to clear out the space in their house for a new piece of tin machine.
With the help of formation of fiat clubs across the country, one can prevent such type of activities and would promote the preservation of these cars which were once an integral part of the life of every Indian of free India.
Old 4th February 2010, 22:13   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsag12 View Post
With the help of formation of fiat clubs across the country, one can prevent such type of activities and would promote the preservation of these cars which were once an integral part of the life of every Indian of free India.
Very well said.

The situation right now in Bangalore wrt Fiats is that still only 20% of the Fiat owners know about our Club.

But the guys in Scrapyard know about the Club. Nowadays they try not breaking some Fiats if the condition is above average. But then its their business and livelihood to break Fiats and earn money. No way it can be stopped considering the demand for Fiat engines from Mumbai taxi wallahs.
Old 4th February 2010, 22:18   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun1100 View Post
But the guys in Scrapyard know about the Club. Nowadays they try not breaking some Fiats if the condition is above average. But then its their business and livelihood to break Fiats and earn money. No way it can be stopped considering the demand for Fiat engines from Mumbai taxi wallahs.
Now this really is good news! Good to hear something like this for a change! If only the same had happened in case of Standards a decade+ ago!
Old 4th February 2010, 22:19   #6
Senior - BHPian

Welcome! You are now really in the league. This shows the passion you have for Fiats. Not only in owning, also in helping others own/maintain and saving some of the Fiats from dying. I dont need to wish you any luck. Fiats will get the necessary luck.
Old 4th February 2010, 22:22   #7
Senior - BHPian

Best wishes Sagar ! May Lucknow shine like a beacon guiding other cities for similar clubs. Glad to see the passion in you, all the best.
Pune, Mumbai, and Bengaluru are always available - at your service !!
Old 4th February 2010, 22:33   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Very well said.

The situation right now in Bangalore wrt Fiats is that still only 20% of the Fiat owners know about our Club.

Its something unique to hear
Secondly, don't worry regarding the demand for fiat engines as by the end of this year or the mid of next one, the fiats plying on the roads of Mumbai would go off road considering the order of RTO. So there will not be a problem in this regard but will surely make the parts available for fiats scarce as many local units will shut down the production of fiat parts even of inferior quality.
Old 4th February 2010, 22:36   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkykar View Post
Welcome! You are now really in the league. This shows the passion you have for Fiats. Not only in owning, also in helping others own/maintain and saving some of the Fiats from dying. I dont need to wish you any luck. Fiats will get the necessary luck.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSelect View Post
Best wishes Sagar ! May Lucknow shine like a beacon guiding other cities for similar clubs. Glad to see the passion in you, all the best.
Really appreciate that Funkykar & SuperSelect
Old 4th February 2010, 22:39   #10
BHPian

Nice initiative sir, all the best for your club and will surely spread the word.
Old 4th February 2010, 22:56   #11
Senior - BHPian

@Sagar: This is how we spread the message about our Club when we started.

Just make a small pamphlet about your Club. Describing for whom the club is and give your contact details.. Wherever you find a nice Fiat, go to the owner and give a pamphlet to him. Fix up a date for a club meet and invite all to attend the meet.

Trying taking the phone no.s of all the Fiat owners you meet. Prepare a small excel sheet of the member names, contact details, car model, regn number etc.

I have attached one such pamphlet.
Attached Files
File Type: doc Pamphlet.doc (1.75 MB, 740 views)
Old 4th February 2010, 23:08   #12
Senior - BHPian

This phamplet is so nostalgic. This phamplet got us many Fiatians together. Try it!
Old 4th February 2010, 23:09   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

So officially this is the Fourth Fiat Club in India!! Whoa!!! This is getting exciting..
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSelect View Post
Oops forgot about another Fiat Club. Thats, Fiat 1100 Club - Kangayam in TN started by Mehul1100.

So here goes the list... Pune, Mumbai, Bangalore, Kangayam and Lucknow!!

Some pics of Fiat 1100 Club - Kangayam.
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat 1100 Club of Lucknow-1.jpg  

Fiat 1100 Club of Lucknow-2.jpg  

Fiat 1100 Club of Lucknow-3.jpg  

Fiat 1100 Club of Lucknow-5.jpg  

Fiat 1100 Club of Lucknow-6.jpg  

Fiat 1100 Club of Lucknow-untitled.jpg  

Old 5th February 2010, 00:23   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsag12 View Post
Being inspired from the other fiat clubs, i am taking an initiative to start Fiat 1100 Club of Lucknow.
Regards
Skumar
Congrats Mr. Kumar. Well done! Welcome to the FIATful family.

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkykar View Post
Welcome! You are now really in the league.
I dont need to wish you any luck. Fiats will get the necessary luck.
I'm not trying to be sentimental here, but believe me, FIATs do bring you luck and owning and saving a FIAT automatically makes you a very Lucky Person, - Oops! sorry, a FIATfully Lucky person.
Old 5th February 2010, 00:36   #15
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations & best of luck for a such a good initiative. hope to see some really good models.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks