Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Ride Safe
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st October 2013, 11:13   #1261
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Riding Gear thread

I am very curious to know one thing. How do you guys manage to wear all that riding gear, especially the jackets, during our summers?
Old 1st October 2013, 11:15   #1262
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gansan View Post
I am very curious to know one thing. How do you guys manage to wear all that riding gear, especially the jackets, during our summers?
Cos we all feel, Sweating is more pleasurable than watching boring hospital ceilings
Shubz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st October 2013, 11:17   #1263
Senior - BHPian

No jokes please! I am serious! Don't all your inner garments get absolutely soaked by sweat? One will have to head back home immediately after the ride for a bath and dress change, no?
Old 1st October 2013, 11:20   #1264
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubz View Post
Cos we all feel, Sweating is more pleasurable than watching boring hospital ceilings
or as Aditya's earlier signature read - ATGATT: coz its better to sweat than to bleed
IronH4WK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st October 2013, 11:24   #1265
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
No jokes please! I am serious! Don't all your inner garments get absolutely soaked by sweat? One will have to head back home immediately after the ride for a bath and dress change, no?
on a serious note, Gansan sir - IF you remember we are riding. and the breeze takes care of evaporation. Yes by the time we get back, we are all drenched and stinking of sweat and we definitely bathe and change. Don't think we'd go straight away to a mall to meet WAG's and be shunned

What else could one think of doing after a long ride?

On another serious note - when I went for my HD test ride, I carried a pair of jeans, my riding jacket, my gloves, my helmet and riding shoes.. All that for a <3 km test ride within city limits. Not to impress anyone, but just to be safe. Bike can be mended, bones too - but at what cost (not literally meaning $$$)

Last edited by Shubz : 1st October 2013 at 11:26.
Old 1st October 2013, 11:27   #1266
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
For better comfort (and to absorb vibrations) one can also consider buying the silicon gel insoles from Dr. Scholls. They can be cut to size and placed inside the shoes. They do not move around and provide excellent cushioning for quite a long time without any deformation in the gel layer. Gel pads are also available but these are only good for the heel area.
Never found these types at the BATA shops. The Dr Scholl ones I got (for my AlpineStars boots) are foam with perforated cloth that start slipping and bunching up when damp (with sweat) and are then a pain.

Any photos Aditya? I need a set for each of my riding boots (the racing Alpine Stars as well as the touring RSTs).

Last edited by ebonho : 1st October 2013 at 11:29.
Old 1st October 2013, 11:38   #1267
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
What else could one think of doing after a long ride?
Thanks! I am toying with the idea of getting a CBR 250 R, which will need at least some rudimentary riding gear! I was wondering if I can ride it to office or to functions in nearby towns - say, Pondy - wearing those! Hence the query!

I bought a nice jacket when I lived at Bangalore for some years - nothing fancy, just for winter wear - and I find it impossible to wear here, except for a couple of months every year!
Old 1st October 2013, 11:43   #1268
Senior - BHPian

Gansan sir. I ride to work often. I Wear a mesh jacket, gloves, Helmet etc. Take them off when I reach office. Wait for the sweat to kinda evaporate and then head to the desk. I even carry a deo can :-)
Old 1st October 2013, 12:33   #1269
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
No jokes please! I am serious! Don't all your inner garments get absolutely soaked by sweat?
Take a look at this. It might have the answer you are looking for

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post
Never found these types at the BATA shops. The Dr Scholl ones I got (for my AlpineStars boots) are foam with perforated cloth that start slipping and bunching up when damp (with sweat) and are then a pain. Any photos Aditya? I need a set for each of my riding boots (the racing Alpine Stars as well as the touring RSTs).
Doc, you can find these at Mochi, Health & Glow outlets and other footwear shops. It comes in a light yellow package.

I am in the learning and development field which requires me to deliver training sessions for the whole day through the week. Been using these gel insoles for almost a year now and they are fantastic. They stay in place and do not move around and don't lose their shape or cushioning ability as well. They come in a large size with a template which you can use to cut to your size.

P.S. Place them with the white part facing upwards and the blue one which is the gel layer faces downwards.

Here is a pic for you:

The Riding Gear thread-20131001-12.07.29.jpg
n_aditya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st October 2013, 16:24   #1270
Senior - BHPian

Anyone read this: http://bikeindia.in/dainese-gear-coming-soon/
Old 1st October 2013, 16:33   #1271
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by parrys View Post
Yep. This was in the cards for a while. The store is being opened by Tusker Harley owner. Mr. Reddy. Who I now know cos of my HD booking. :-)
Old 3rd October 2013, 00:34   #1272
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks! I am toying with the idea of getting a CBR 250 R, which will need at least some rudimentary riding gear! I was wondering if I can ride it to office or to functions in nearby towns - say, Pondy - wearing those! Hence the query!

I bought a nice jacket when I lived at Bangalore for some years - nothing fancy, just for winter wear - and I find it impossible to wear here, except for a couple of months every year!
A lot of jackets have perforations or mesh for good airflow.
Old 4th October 2013, 01:46   #1273
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I have been using Alpine stars T-GP plus air jacket for the past 6 months, though it is designed for hotter climate, it is not very comfortable especially in traffic. But I do wear them while riding be it on my CBR or my buddy's Stunner.

http://www.planetdsg.com/alpinestars...reviews_id=175

You could also try Spartan gear, good stuff at reasonable price.
http://www.spartanprogear.com/

Quote:
which will need at least some rudimentary riding gear!
ATGATT, All The Gear All The Time.
Old 5th October 2013, 17:46   #1274
Senior - BHPian

Folks: I tried out a AGV riding pants sizes L & M. Problem is that when I wear the L, the knee protection is below my knee, near my shin.

The M size is too tight.

What options do I have? I dont think I like leg guards like the bionic knee.

Any suggestions for other brands? Where could I look for them? I tried these out at Lets Gear Up.

Thanks a ton.
Old 5th October 2013, 17:51   #1275
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridhu View Post
Folks: I tried out a AGV riding pants sizes L & M. Problem is that when I wear the L, the knee protection is below my knee, near my shin.

The M size is too tight.

What options do I have? I dont think I like leg guards like the bionic knee.

Any suggestions for other brands? Where could I look for them? I tried these out at Lets Gear Up.

Thanks a ton.
When you try pants on, you try them on sitting on the bike you ride/would be riding. The position of the knee armor then is what matters.

DSG and Cramsters both make their own brand riding pants from what I know.
ebonho is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks