Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th September 2020, 12:30   #31486
Senior - BHPian

re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

Murder that is!! And damn, he was trying to flee!

At least 3 two wheeler's were hit. Not sure which one of them was fatal. All looks to be badly hit.
balenoed_ is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th September 2020, 13:26   #31487
BHPian

The Brezza was the culprit period. Hope no one was hurt in the Dzire that was rear ended by the lunatic on Brezza. It was a miracle that 2 more bikers were not killed either. Running away from Hit and run scene is bad in itself but the Brezza driver sounded almost as if he wanted more by going amok on such a crowded road. Exemplary punishment including life imprisonment with hard labour should be given for such killer drivers
venbas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2020, 15:30   #31488
BHPian

This is one of the worst and horrific accidents reported on this thread!.

This deserves to be on the homepage on what exactly should not be done, exactly the attitude to not show in case of a mishap and so on.

Do not be surprised if it is an under age driver or a drunkard or somebody without valid documents who panicked so much in fleeing, that he/she did not even know where the car was going! .
Nalin1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2020, 15:45   #31489
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arungeorge View Post
CCTV footage of that accident.

OMG! This is a CRIME. Going by the CCTV footage, he hit multiple vehicles at first, tried to escape, again hit two cars (Dzire, Baleno), a Biker, an auto and a Bus. 1 man was killed and many people were injured.

This guy should be charged for murder case. It was not an accident by any means, it was clearly a murder and no one in the right mind set would drive like that. As per the media reports the guy on the driver seat is a driver by occupation and the owner was beside him in the passenger seat. Looks like the driver is out of his mind. Atleast owner should have cautioned him or asked him to stop after the first accident itself. Both should be charged in this case.

After seeing all these incidents, I feel very scared to ride a two wheeler on main roads these days. I was on my fascino on Begumpet flyover and I had a very close call with a White Creta on saturday which was driven by a lady. She was on her phone and swerved into my lane all of a sudden.
WhiteSierra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2020, 15:58   #31490
BHPian

Quote:
Right from the moment the Brezza was visible in the footage, there were no steering input - the car just wen't ballistic. No brake attempt either. I don't think the driver was trying to flee. If it were, he would have swerved to avoid the traffic. It might have been some mechanical failure or a driver black out.
Old 7th September 2020, 16:50   #31491
BHPian

Happened in AC road, Alapuzha, Kerala, no more details available, unable to understand how it happened.
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-118907940_10221912238809616_3772967596607171421_o.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img_20200907_164614.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img_20200907_164644.jpg
Old 7th September 2020, 16:55   #31492
BHPian

Quote:
Like others mentioned, the driver must be tried under man slaughter.

If you look at the video, once Brezza hits the bus and stops, a man promptly exits from passenger side (driver exit is blocked by bus) and tries calling someone on phone. I think this passenger also may have role in encouraging the driver to flee after first hit with the biker.
Old 7th September 2020, 17:09   #31493
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bejoy View Post
Right from the moment the Brezza was visible in the footage, there were no steering input - the car just wen't ballistic. No brake attempt either. I don't think the driver was trying to flee. If it were, he would have swerved to avoid the traffic. It might have been some mechanical failure or a driver black out.
I think there is definitely a steering input after the first bike was hit. You can see the vehicle changing lanes from right most to middle and almost to the third lane. Please note that the driver should have stopped after the first accident, irrespective of whose fault it was. The video is not very clear for the first part.

Any person will be in some sort of shock/brain freeze after he/she has hit someone and driving in the same condition is in my opinion criminal negligence and can lead to all sort of mess as we can see in this video.
nagarjun is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th September 2020, 17:36   #31494
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bejoy View Post
He has steering input, and if that were the case, he should at least try the hand brake or stall the car instead of heading straight into the crowd.
Maverick5490 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2020, 18:39   #31495
BHPian

Quote:
If not for any vehicle issues, I doubt one, that's ruthless driving. The driver should have gone out of mind. He / she should have stopped the vehicle after the first incident, but preferred latter. God bless the poor souls who got affected for no fault of theirs.
vvivek85 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2020, 19:23   #31496
BHPian

News clipping from Times of India, apparently the owner of the car (sitting in passenger seat) fled the scene taking advantage of the confusion.
Also, it seems atleast 3 two wheelers are hit from the photo in clipping
Attached Images

deetee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2020, 22:12   #31497
BHPian

Absolutely no vehicle issues. The Brezza was clearly cutting across lanes trying to escape from the scene of crime. The Brezza driver must be tried for man slaughter. High time such criminal drivers get exemplary punishments to serve as a warning to others

Quote:
Originally Posted by VRJ View Post
There’s some commentary in the video, but I understand very basic Hindi, so I have no idea what he said. What do you folks think happened?
For this reason I am so scared to take out my Thunderbird 500 for long drives. Even after utmost anticipation we have so many morons on the road who cut across from all sides without warning that a long drive(especially alone) becomes a suicidal mission

Last edited by BlackPearl : 8th September 2020 at 03:16. Reason: Merged back to back posts and removed video link from the quoted part. Thanks.
venbas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2020, 23:02   #31498
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetee View Post
News clipping from Times of India, apparently the owner of the car (sitting in passenger seat) fled the scene taking advantage of the confusion.
Also, it seems atleast 3 two wheelers are hit from the photo in clipping

Yes, he got down after the Brezza came to a halt, took his phone out as if he was talking to someone, got mixed in the crowd and slipped away. He also should be punished for not stopping the driver after the first accident with a biker and a car (seen far off in the CCTV). Had he been a responsible owner, immediately after the first contact he would have asked the driver to stop, called an ambulance or at least take the injured to hospital near by. What appalls me the most is that he just walked off as if nothing happened.

Look at the way he escaped :

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-vlcsnap2020090722h51m38s477vert.jpg

Last edited by WhiteSierra : 7th September 2020 at 23:04.
WhiteSierra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2020, 07:39   #31499
Senior - BHPian

There was apparently a huge oil spill on the Mumbai Pune Expressway and this caused traffic jams and also a few accidents when trucks tried to cross the oil spill.
I wonder why the trucks tried to cross over. Even if they make it through, the oil stuck on their tires will have disastrous consequences if they continue driving!

News item: https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...w/77974872.cms

Last edited by BenjiRoss : 8th September 2020 at 07:46.
BenjiRoss is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 8th September 2020, 10:21   #31500
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenjiRoss View Post
I wonder why the trucks tried to cross over. Even if they make it through, the oil stuck on their tires will have disastrous consequences if they continue driving!
At times I suspect these trucker's feel they are in an Iron Man Suit and can just blaze through their route to Glory:
venbas is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks