Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th September 2013, 00:57   #14101
BHPian

re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroback View Post
And that is why people, you should always take Taxi when you are Drunk.
Why get drunk is the first place?
Old 20th September 2013, 01:42   #14102
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIC.BURNS View Post
Why get drunk in the first place?
The first place to get drunk at - should be home sweet home. I always advice my elders to tweak their culture - to allow their sons and daughters (over legal age limit) to drink at home - while they celebrate some event - this way they get to do what they like and stay safe.

It is sad to see people in their 30s and 40s try to hide the fact that they are drunk. To dodge the Bangalore cops after 8.00pm, I see guys who are drunk by 6.00pm and they ride their bikes home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
I agree with much of what you say, and also that I absolutely did not know the circumstances. But this is simply not right...
Not enough space? Then don't go there!
Recently I posted a thing from my father about Pedestrian right of way: "When does a pedestrian have right of way? Always, because you must never run into them."
I agree with all of what you say in an ideal world. I was just putting the priority of the lessons the general population needs to focus on. When people are riding drunk, in t-shits + flip flops, with their helmet hanging from their elbow, the 2 meter distance from a car would not help much.

Pedestrians having right of way! Now that is alien culture! The biggest vehicle has right of way! (being sarcastic here). When pedestrians and animals cross everywhere, and not at zebra crossings, it becomes an urban jungle where everyone fights for survival in their own selfish way. I see your point and follow it when outside India.
prasadee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2013, 09:06   #14103
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ad3952n View Post
hi team, saw this Tata safari parked opp. noida stadium on entrance of Sector 21 noida. Right corner of rear bumper and the entire left side including front left corner of windsheild totally smashed. Dont know how it happened.

thanks

AD
Looks like i was T-Boned by some vehicle similar in size.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prasadee View Post
The first place to get drunk at - should be home sweet home. I always advice my elders to tweak their culture - to allow their sons and daughters (over legal age limit) to drink at home - while they celebrate some event - this way they get to do what they like and stay safe.

It is sad to see people in their 30s and 40s try to hide the fact that they are drunk. To dodge the Bangalore cops after 8.00pm, I see guys who are drunk by 6.00pm and they ride their bikes home.
I guess there is no real reason why you should not drink outside or at home. It depends on what place you enjoy more. Even though my parents know about it and they have seen me drinking in family gatherings, am sure they would not want me doing the same in their house (i have my own now). I agree with them and i don't want them to feel uncomfortable. On the other hand, drinking at home always gets boring. With so many nice places coming up in most of the cities these days, why not go out and have fun. I usually do this once a week but i make sure i either hire a call driver or take an auto/cab back home. Makes me feel safe and responsible and urge my friends to do the same most of the time. They usually end up asking lot of questions, like, is the call driver safe? Taking auto back home at night when you are high on spirits may be risky. Could be, one could always plan well.
gurudutt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2013, 11:08   #14104
BHPian

Surprisingly there was a B2B traffic before OMR Sholls Toll today morning and noticed a pretty badly banged Auto and a two wheeler. It was not really adding up by seeing the condition of both the vehicles. Then noticed a Mahindra CAB van few yards away with banged front side without any windscreen.

Saw 3 ambulances were around and lot of chaos near the HCL SEZ gate.

Anyone got any info. I pray that should be only injuries no casualties. May all recover faster.

Thanks.
Old 20th September 2013, 11:52   #14105
BHPian

Quote:
The first place to get drunk at - should be home sweet home. I always advice my elders to tweak their culture - to allow their sons and daughters (over legal age limit) to drink at home I see your point and follow it when outside India.
Hi
Though the advise seems to be logical. There are issues of adaptability and acceptance. Moreover alcohol consumption in Indian climatic conditions does no good to consumer of the stuff.

The issue is why drink and drive . Like someone said if drink and drive is illegal why do bars have parking facility.
Cheers
Old 20th September 2013, 12:37   #14106
BHPian

Nearly Made a sandwitch of a Honda Activa this morning on my way to DLF (Hinjewadi). The couple on Activa were following me from Hinjewadi Phase-I till Maan Gaon.
Out of nowhere the rider decided to over take me at the Maan Devi Temple (Square). There was a car coming from the other side. There was no space to overtake even for an ant to pass either vehicles. I waived my hand to indicate not to pass, for no use off-course. The activa stopped, with its front wheel bang in between the Bumpers of my Safari & oncoming Verna (I guess). Had he tried to still pass both cars, he would have made a dent in at least one car. The guys in Verna were some localites who started abusing the activa straight away. I can even recall some praises for the lady sitting as pillion, from verna guys. Pillion lady was smiling shamelessly directly staring at us, instead of having any regrets or try to calm down her partner.
The only thing we could say to them "Bahut jaldi mein lagte ho, jahan bhi pahunchoge sapariwaar hi pahunchoge" (You seem to be in hurry, wherever you'll reach will reach with your family).
Showing no regrets at all, the couple fled the spot, laughing; & till wherever we could see them, they were flying on the wrong side of the road.
God knows what were they upto.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieseldunk View Post
Like someone said if drink and drive is illegal why do bars have parking facility.
Cheers
No offences, but this seems to be applicable only for those who drink responsibly.

Quote:
Pedestrians having right of way! Now that is alien culture! .. When pedestrians and animals cross everywhere, and not at zebra crossings, it becomes an urban jungle where everyone fights for survival in their own selfish way. I see your point and follow it when outside India.
What i see these days, that pedestrian crossing the roads, turn their faces in opposite direction of the oncoming traffic, straight away pretending that they are not watching the road or the oncoming traffic. Some even slowing down while crossing after they have seen an approaching vehicle. .
It is the oncoming traffic that has to watch out for them.

Last edited by saurabh2711 : 20th September 2013 at 12:47.
Old 20th September 2013, 14:36   #14107
BHPian

If you feel like having a drink, leave your car at home / office and hire a taxi. Even if it is just a peg or a couple of pegs, never ever drive home from the bar.
P.S: THIS POST DOES NOT PROMOTE THE USE OF ALCOHOL.
sharoncr_17 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th September 2013, 15:24   #14108
Senior - BHPian

Good Afternoon team, following the above posts of @saurabh, I am hereby sharing a similar experience that happened to me today morning. While crossing the signal at Sector 30-36 crossing in Noida a biker broke the signal from right and came crashing on the right corner of front bumper of my City. Thankfully the protectors and vinyl wrap on the bumper saved it from dent and scratch the only thing was that the protector fell of after a while. I pointed him out at the signal and he shamelessly saw and then took his earphones out to speak with me moreso he was without helmet. I felt so furious but did not want to have an argument as the people behind began honking. Truly they are very unruly and uneducated.

thanks

AD
Old 22nd September 2013, 11:02   #14109
BHPian

Had a minor hit yesterday morning.

I was parking my car at Deedi Kollam, when a teen opened the right rear door of his spark and banged against my left OVRM. His door hinges were bend and the door wouldn't close, there was a hairline crack on my mirror case.

The funniest part was that the teen and his father started acting smart. Finally I had to put my best foot forward and asked them to JFO.
Old 23rd September 2013, 12:08   #14110
Senior - BHPian

Hi team, saw this rear-ending hit up at Sector 16, Film City Road Noida today morning. The Nano's Rear Right bumper corner was damaged and the right rear quater panel too was hit. After the hit indica tried to reverse and flee but unsuccessful due to traffic.

thanks

AD
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-indica-vs-nano.jpg  

Old 23rd September 2013, 17:32   #14111
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Guys,

Please avoid any discussion on the consumption of alcohol, in accordance with rule #11.

Thanks
Old 23rd September 2013, 18:32   #14112
BHPian

Off late I have started driving real slow in the city (40Kmph). About a week ago on a cut a SUV on the other side was taking a U turn. I stopped almost 10 Mtrs before the SUV and after almost 2 seconds I hear a thud from the back of my car. I get out only to see another swift rear ending mine. Music in the car was loud and driver was a teenage boy. He came out of the car with only one thing on his mouth "Sorry Bro... Sorry Sorry Sorry". I calmly said "Sorry won't repair the dent in my car" and I then drove off. Though furious from inside cause I had just got both the cars bumpers repainted a month ago but told myself that at least the guy instantly apologised and I was his age once. One of my employees was with me and he was pretty much surprised with my reaction. He said "Bhaiya aaj kal zayda hi kush hain".

Today writing this I feel pretty proud of myself.
Switch is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2013, 20:15   #14113
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switch View Post
Off late I have started driving real slow in the city (40Kmph). A SUV on the other side was taking a U turn. I stopped almost 10 Mtrs before the SUV and after almost 2 seconds I hear a thud from the back of my car. I get out only to see another swift rear ending mine. I calmly said "Sorry won't repair the dent in my car" and I then drove off. Though furious from inside cause I had just got both the cars bumpers repainted a month ago but told myself that at least the guy instantly apologised and I was his age once.
Hi switch, good evening. The way you tackled the situation was very deligent. Where did this thing happen to you? Hope nothing of major sorts on the bumper. Driving in the city is becoming a nightmare day by day. Even Noida is day by day becoming traffic's favorite destination. Take care for future and drive safe and smart.

thanks

AD
Old 23rd September 2013, 20:49   #14114
BHPian

Though this slightly , couldn't resist myself sharing this with fellow bhpians here because I couldn't find a better thread to fit this.

Most of us will be knowing India leads the world in road accidents claiming one life every 4 minutes. It is mandatory that our motorist should learn from Germans how to move our vehicle out of the way of an ambulance / fire truck.

treadmark is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2013, 20:54   #14115
BHPian

Right in front of main NTPC building. The U-Turn right in front of RTO's office. I was coming from GIP side heading towards flex.

Nothing major on the bumper as such but the bumper latch was broken which I got fixed and painted last time around. The latch is open again. Tough it doesn't look so bad.

And Thanks for the nice words

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks