Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st November 2014, 14:20   #16531
Senior - BHPian

re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWind View Post
@Fullrevs Any idea how old the car is?
Asking, since I have also gone over a pothole (unsighted in daylight due to being on a shaded part of road under a tree) at 120 KMPH and came out only with my rims bent slightly.

But then I drive a boat
I think the car is 3-4 years old. It was a E61 I think. That shade didnt come in the E60's?!
Fullrevs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st November 2014, 23:29   #16532
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivr1612 View Post
So after two years of accident free ownership, fate finally caught up with me.
Nothing much serious, but a goat had to sacrifice its life.
I was doing Chennai-Thiruvalla on 2nd Oct. I had just crossed the final toll before Dindigul bypass right turn and was doing about 70-80 and was on the left lane.
A goat which was grazing on the grassy slope suddenly decides to run across the road giving me just enough time to make a quick right swerve.
But unfortunately it was not enough to avoid the hit. I didn't stop at the spot since I was travelling with wife and kid.
Just as I was approaching the Dindigul bypass an NHAI pickup stopped me and told me they has received a call regarding a hit and run. They were demanding Rs.6000/-. I showed them the dash-cam footage and managed to get some leverage. After some negotiations finally agreed on Rs.2500/- and left.
Find below the damages.

Chennai BHPians please advise where to get the repairing done. Should I get it done at Toyota ASC with insurance or at some FNG.

Friends, please be careful of animals loitering near the roads even if it is quite far. In my case it was not even on the shoulder of the road but on the grassy slopes.

Thanks in advance.
Team, after a massive delay I have uploaded the video. You can find it at

Though the goat as well as the issue is dead and buried, the video may serve some purpose.
rajivr1612 is online now   (17) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2014, 12:00   #16533
BHPian

This kind of thing really gets my blood boiling. rajivr1612 was driving perfectly safely when the goat comes running across. In the ideal world, shouldn't the owner of the goat be penalized for not tending too his property and allowing it to endanger the lives of other people?
braindead is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2014, 13:16   #16534
Senior - BHPian

I find the position of the shocks of the Beemer that hit the pot hole weird.

Isn't the top of the coil spring bolted on to the dome at the top right corner of the engine bay. So from what is shown in the picture , the spring got dislodged from there and then took a different angle and ended up outside that housing and next to the engine itself.
A pothole can do that?
Old 2nd November 2014, 17:28   #16535
Distinguished - BHPian

I think that a pothole, if it is too deep for normal tire rotation and suspension to handle entry and exit, could easily do that. Imagine hitting a wall, but with only one wheel
Old 3rd November 2014, 11:03   #16536
BHPian

Reckless biker at it again - successful at rocking multitple vehicles and people.

http://www.mid-day.com/articles/mumb...icles/15733191

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahesh_sn View Post
This accident occurred on the Airoli flyover off Mulund, on eastern express highway at 1.30 Am today. One of the co-passengers died and the rest including driver got injuries. The spot where the accident occurred is poorly lit. Apparently, accident was caused by an autorickshaw that suddenly appeared in front of the car. The driver then rammed into a divider on the Airoli flyover and overturned.

Source: http://epaperbeta.timesofindia.com/A...31102014012009
That is definitely scary, a case of road roulette.
I did the same route in the early hours on Saturday and almost half of the bridge was without lights.
Given the stretch and the sudden transformation from being light to darkness with speeding vehicles for company is an invitation for such mishaps. RIP poor young fellow who turned out short of luck.

Last edited by benbsb29 : 3rd November 2014 at 11:42. Reason: Merging back-to-back posts.
Old 3rd November 2014, 12:26   #16537
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivr1612 View Post
Team, after a massive delay I have uploaded the video. You can find it at

Though the goat as well as the issue is dead and buried, the video may serve some purpose.
Mate, i too faced the same issue. While driving from bangalore to tirunelveli by car in june 2011 to attend my friend's wedding, near karur a goat suddenly ventured into my driving path from the road divider. I was driving at around 85 kmph. It was not possible to avoid hitting the goat despite braking. Luckily the bull bar of my car took the impact. Otherwise for sure my car's right headlight would have gone for a toss. Still the right fog light broke.
I was in 2 minds whether to stop or not. The cleaner of a TATA ACE vehicle going ahead of my car waved me not to stop the car but carry on.
suresh_gs is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2014, 14:52   #16538
BHPian

First time I have seen an accident where biker himself caught fire. One more to the long list of risks during riding

It happened somewhere in China.

More details on this link:

http://indiatoday.intoday.in/story/w.../1/398883.html

Quote:
One such motorbike rider, Feng Ku, 32, turned into a human fireball after he crashed into the side of a car. (Scroll down for video)

Luckily for him, he survived what could have been a fatal accident.

Video footage shows Feng's suit catch fire just seconds before his bike burst into flames. The next second, he's seen on his feet running away even as the fire engulfs him.

The incident took place in the city of Quzhou in eastern China's Zhejiang province.

An onlooker said, "There was a horrific bang and screeching of brakes and then I saw the guy fly off his bike and land on the ground. Then he just burst into flames and ran off with a bloodcurdling scream."

Feng was taken to hospital with minor burns and is in a stable condition.
Old 3rd November 2014, 19:23   #16539
BHPian

Same old story. Alcohol + high speed driving (100 kmph +) + night time = crash. Guess the driver and occupants was wearing seat belts. walked awaywith few injuries. The car hit the pole and spun around. Pretty badly smashed. Looks like write off.

The driver decided to flee the spot. He started the car and tried to move the car. But the car did not budge. After the police shouted, he relented. The first picture shows the accident spot. Maybe he wanted to take a right or left turn. Came too fast and lost control.

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-swift_2.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-swift_3.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-swift_4.jpg
Old 4th November 2014, 11:54   #16540
Senior - BHPian

Bus jumps the divider and crashes into a Indica on the Tumkur road elevated highway.

http://www.deccanherald.com/content/...-bus-runs.html

Looking at the state of the car, the bus seems to have been doing good speed.
Old 4th November 2014, 15:25   #16541
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
Bus jumps the divider and crashes into a Indica on the Tumkur road elevated highway.

http://www.deccanherald.com/content/...-bus-runs.html

Looking at the state of the car, the bus seems to have been doing good speed.
Since the bus and the car were moving in opposite directions, even if both were travelling at a sedate 40 Kph, the speed differential between both will be something close to 80 kph.

Stronger barriers are needed on these elevated roads which are quite narrow by nature. Most of these elevated roads have just two narrow lanes where one bus can't even pass another. Since there are no intersections people drive pretty fast despite narrow width of the road. Even on such roads you find people stopping their vehicles for answering phone calls and nature calls. They just don't understand what risks they are posing to themselves and other road users when they do this. Most dangerous are the idiots backing up to take that exit they missed.

Last edited by Santoshbhat : 4th November 2014 at 15:26.
Old 5th November 2014, 11:46   #16542
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by trinity0114 View Post
Some more pics of the BMW accident in ludhiana. As per the local police the car was being driven at speeds of 200 kmph when the driver lost control of the car & it hit a roadside tree & ended up into pieces. The car in question is said to be a BMW 320i.
Look at that road, I don't even see a lane marking. Its a narrow road not a highway, and this stupid driver was doing 200 in that?

Last edited by joe_antony : 5th November 2014 at 11:47.
Old 5th November 2014, 12:26   #16543
Senior - BHPian

There were two collided trucks today morning at Gurgaon-Faridabad road in Gurgaon today. I think they caught fire also after the collision and one of them overturned. Any clue how and when this happened?
Old 5th November 2014, 15:08   #16544
BHPian

http://www.rediff.com/business/repor...s/20141105.htm

We are not at least taking concrete cognizance of the killer that took away a quarter million and maimed many more only last year.

The feeling grows on me that road manners are also an accurate reflection of the society that we live in today, manifesting mainly due to lack of respect to others, overindulgence, self-centered attitude, tendency to take shortcuts, pushing the onus and blame on to others, irresponsible behaviour, selfishness, showoff culture, expectations from government /authorities ..

On Introspection:
Can any amount of punitive measures curb the situation, unless root causes are addressed?

Love-all for Swift and Datsun GO in NCAP safety tests:
All said and heard, could this be a ploy by rivals, triggered by gloomy sales, with Datsun go acting as a filler here?
Quality as defined is fitness for purpose and people buying and using Maruti cars is the best endorsement.

Its another matter that no amount of safety features can help people hell bent on disaster, as I believe that the best safety measure is a good driver.

Mod Note : Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD!

To know how to multi-quote, click here.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by moralfibre : 5th November 2014 at 16:32. Reason: Back to back posts.
Arun yadav is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th November 2014, 16:32   #16545
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Quality as defined is fitness for purpose and people buying and using Maruti cars is the best endorsement.
No it isn't, because it is not informed.

I bought Maruti, some years back, but I doubt if I would have done so with this information to hand. I was not informed. I am now.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks