Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th January 2021, 11:33   #32206
Senior - BHPian

re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

Speeding Innova kills Tiger in Corbett Tiger Reserve, Uttarakhand. The tiger’s body was recovered approximately 150 metres from the site of the accident.

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-smartselect_20210109113016_chrome.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-smartselect_20210109113025_chrome.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-smartselect_20210109113038_chrome.jpg

Quote:
An SUV hit the tiger near Bhakra bridge on Ramnagar-Nainital highway around 9PM on Wednesday. Our team rushed to the spot on receiving the information,” said Khyali Ram Arya, range officer of Fatehpur forest range, in Ramnagar forest division. Corbett Reserve has the highest tiger population density in India, according to a July 2020 report by Union Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change.
Source
Venkatesh is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 9th January 2021, 12:12   #32207
BHPian

100% the fault of the car driver. Why would one over speed in a wildlife reserve or a national park? And how did the car hit a tiger. Was it laying on the road and did he not see it? I doubt it just jumped in front of a car.

The best way to enjoy a national park or reserve is to drive slow and be on the lookout for animals
scorpio2107 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 9th January 2021, 12:24   #32208
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sram View Post
This one is from chennai, wondering why he went straight for the median.
Solo person in the car and he is being treated for injuries.
Distracted by phone stereo or lost in thought and a median without a signpost at eye level. Thankfully nothing serious happened.

That tiger accident is just sad :(

Haven't been to the sanctuary but night time private driving is allowed inside?

Last edited by deathwalkr : 9th January 2021 at 12:25.
deathwalkr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th January 2021, 12:29   #32209
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
Speeding Innova kills Tiger in Corbett Tiger Reserve, Uttarakhand. The tiger’s body was recovered approximately 150 metres from the site of the accident.
Feel bad for the tiger. Feeling terrible for the Innovas's driver-owner duo. Their life is doomed!
jeeva is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th January 2021, 12:42   #32210
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
And in India we want a Legender version of Fortuner with 200+ bhp and 500 Nm torque. Sometimes I feel it's better to give slower cars in our country considering any fool with money can buy anything and play with someone else's life. They don't even spare animals in their own habitat.
Storm2.0 is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 9th January 2021, 15:24   #32211

Quote:
Originally Posted by bejoy View Post
https://keralakaumudi.com/en/news/mo...rakkara-(video)

Couple dies in a horrific crash in Kottarakkara, Kerala.

Attachment 2104223
I can’t imagine how the driver of the bus must have felt. Seeing a car coming towards you at such a speed and you can’t do anything. Almost looking that couple in the eyes. Horrible!
rj02 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th January 2021, 15:59   #32212
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sram View Post
This one is from chennai, wondering why he went straight for the median.
Might be he was new to the car and misjudged the distance between the left side of car and the divider.

Had he steered more towards right before reaching the divider, he could have avoided climbing that divider.

Last edited by IndigoXLGrandDi : 9th January 2021 at 16:01.
Old 9th January 2021, 16:09   #32213
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeeva View Post
Feel bad for the tiger. Feeling terrible for the Innovas's driver-owner duo. Their life is doomed!
Assuming the owner is not the driver, he/she should be alright. This is what insurance is for.

As for the driver, he deserves to face legal consequences. We drive often through such forest reserves between Mysore and Kerala and it is abundantly clear that the animals have priority and that drivers need to be careful and stick to low speeds.
McLaren Rulez is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 9th January 2021, 16:40   #32214
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The images of the aftermath have been shared by the owner of the vehicle, Sajeev Pulkunnu.

The owner states that the accident was caused when a lorry suddenly swerved into his Harrier’s path. To avoid hitting it, he drove the vehicle off the side of the road and lost control. The vehicle drove over a felled tree, lying in the fields nearby, causing it to roll over. Finer details of the accident, like the exact location and time, are not yet known.
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-tataharrieraccident1.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-tataharrieraccident4.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-tataharrieraccident3.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-tataharrieraccident2.jpg

Source
Venkatesh is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 9th January 2021, 23:25   #32215
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenjiRoss View Post
Is this a lucky biker or a skilled biker?
That biker is stupid, ignorant, and has no care and consideration for others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fx14 View Post
The moves by the pedestrian contributing to the incident are incredible too. Observe his attitude even after the incident.

If only such characters realise that they are on a road and not in their garden.
Should the pedestrian have been standing in the middle of the road? Probably not, but that is no licence to run them down. Can't bikers just learn to drive a safe line? Away from risk to themselves and others?
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th January 2021, 00:32   #32216
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
Spotted this crash on SH25 near Bansur in Rajasthan yesterday. Don't know the details.

Attachment 2103438
Here's the dashcam video of the crash site:

The Endy seems not to have a permanent registration plate yet, and has a UP15 (Meerut) temporary number on the rear bumper.
SS-Traveller is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 10th January 2021, 10:12   #32217
BHPian

Poor overtake manoeuvre gone wrong!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
Here's the dash cam video of the crash site:
The Endy seems not to have a permanent registration plate yet, and has a UP15 (Meerut) temporary number on the rear bumper.
setuniket is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th January 2021, 13:13   #32218
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Should the pedestrian have been standing in the middle of the road? Probably not, but that is no licence to run them down. Can't bikers just learn to drive a safe line? Away from risk to themselves and others?

From what we see in the video, the biker stuck to the left side of the road when the pedestrian was on the right side of the road facing the other way. I think he expected to go behind the guy. I don't think he anticipated the pedestrian stumbling backwards through the road. I don't think it would have made much of a difference on which line he took if weaving about is his response to danger.

Name:  motorcyclist.png
Views: 3767
Size:  476.7 KB

If I saw a man on the other side of the road - facing away from the road I don't think I would have expected him to try and walk backwards through the road.

But this guy looks to be going a bit too fast for that narrow road. Without a helmet as well!

In any case, he should have been slowing down rather than attempting to weave past the pedestrian - probably overconfidence in his skill leading him to judge that he could easily navigate around him.

Last edited by playingpossum : 10th January 2021 at 13:31. Reason: add a missing point
Old 10th January 2021, 13:39   #32219
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by playingpossum View Post
From what we see in the video, the biker stuck to the left side of the road when the pedestrian was on the right side of the road facing the other way. I think he expected to go behind the guy. I don't think he anticipated the pedestrian stumbling backwards through the road.
The pedestrian's actions are weird. It's certainly a case of bad pedesting! However the biker does that thing of taking it for granted that the guy will move for him and driving close. There is the whole road there: why drive within arm's reach!

If riding or driving within a step or three of a pedestrian, one should not be surprised if they take those steps... In an unexpected direction.

Normally, I say one should always pass behind. That wouldn't save us from this reverse walker!
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th January 2021, 14:02   #32220
BHPian

The road is rather narrow, I would not feel confident in taking any line past the pedestrian.

Name:  motorcyclistoverlay.png
Views: 6790
Size:  479.9 KB

From the pedestrian's position at the start - the edge of the road is at most three or four paces away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post

If riding or driving within a step or three of a pedestrian, one should not be surprised if they take those steps... In an unexpected direction.

Normally, I say one should always pass behind. That wouldn't save us from this reverse walker!
Definitely agree with you on this.

I think his main mistake was assuming that he could weave past the pedestrian when he started stumbling backwards - when he should have used his brakes.

Last edited by playingpossum : 10th January 2021 at 14:05. Reason: paces not steps
playingpossum is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks