Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th August 2018, 13:33   #26896
BHPian

re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeroamit View Post
Luckily his stars were good and he survived.

My God, what an absolute suicidal idiot! Absolutely biker's fault. Very lucky that your wife braked in time - else she'd have been caught up in a legal mess for no fault of hers. Also lucky that you car has a dashcam. Damn, I think dashcams are now absolutely required to guard against these morons.
Old 5th August 2018, 15:01   #26897
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by haria View Post
My God, what an absolute suicidal idiot! Absolutely biker's fault. Very lucky that your wife braked in time - else she'd have been caught up in a legal mess for no fault of hers. Also lucky that you car has a dashcam. Damn, I think dashcams are now absolutely required to guard against these morons.
An absolute moron. Do you think this biker learnt is lesson? Most probably not and might be blaming the truck for appearing in front of him.

I know a person who rides suicidally like this and blames everyone on the road for hindering him. My friends and I have talked to him few times to ride safe but he is a YOLO type of person who thinks endangering himself and others on the road is an adventure.

Last edited by Yieldway17 : 5th August 2018 at 15:02.
Yieldway17 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th August 2018, 23:21   #26898
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yieldway17 View Post
I know a person who rides suicidally like this
During daily commute, this behavior especially among two wheeler riders of criss-crossing and zig zag riding and cutting across lanes between the small gaps is so common that people riding straight and maintaining lane discipline is a rarer sight.

A mandatory training and awareness building on the importance of maintaining lane discipline for all people with a driving license is the need of the hour.

Last edited by for_cars1 : 5th August 2018 at 23:28.
Old 6th August 2018, 15:12   #26899
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by venkyhere View Post
People are people. We just share interest in vehicles, we dont share the same moral compass, and hence there is no point into forcing someone into changing his/her opinion. Lets get back to accident pics
The moral compass we are discussing is the minimum necessary as a citizen - either a general citizen or a TBHP member. Pray, tell us where the moral compass is held high for a TBHP member, compared to a responsible citizen? In other words, what activity the general public is encouraged but not expected of a TBHP member?
Quote:
If a forum member thinks a mob is justified, so be it - people have opinions. Why this attempt to force TBHP members into ideal netizens ?
Nobody can force a thought or an idea. What we are doing is listing the merits & demerits of the argument. It is up to individuals to judge themselves. Coming to mob justice, hope nobody is a victim of one because mob doesn't think.
msdivy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th August 2018, 20:36   #26900
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdivy View Post
The moral compass we are discussing is the minimum necessary as a citizen - either a general citizen or a TBHP member. Pray, tell us where the moral compass is held high for a TBHP member, compared to a responsible citizen? In other words, what activity the general public is encouraged but not expected of a TBHP member?
rash (tailgating closely, scaring slow movers with jerky maneuvers) driving on the highway, completely bonkers behaviour in city traffic - I have seen umpteen examples of original TBHP stickers do that. Not expected from the member of a forum that discourages insane speeds and rash driving

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdivy View Post
Nobody can force a thought or an idea. What we are doing is listing the merits & demerits of the argument.
Discussing probably causes of accidents after pics are posted, is what this thread is for. Discussing social behavior after the motoring related incident is over, is distracting and beyond the scope and necessity of this thread. Discussing probable causes of an accident is a learning experience, which can possibly equip us to avoid the same mistakes. Analyzing mob behaviour, how does it help ? as you rightly said, a mob does not think. So why analyze ? Just pray that mob psychology does not make things dirty post an accident.

Last edited by venkyhere : 6th August 2018 at 21:00. Reason: grammar
venkyhere is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th August 2018, 21:19   #26901
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by venkyhere View Post
I have seen umpteen examples of original TBHP stickers do that. Not expected from the member of a forum that discourages insane speeds and rash driving
The presence of a sticker only proves that someone had a few hundred bucks to spare. Nothing more. Definitely nothing about membership here, or any claim to good manners. :-)
binand is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 7th August 2018, 12:12   #26902
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
The presence of a sticker only proves that someone had a few hundred bucks to spare. Nothing more. Definitely nothing about membership here, or any claim to good manners. :-)
Agree. Also when we buy stickers, we get several from team-bhp. I had spare stickers that I gave my friends and relatives. So definitely not all that have stickers actually bought them
bhpfaninblr is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th August 2018, 19:35   #26903
BHPian

Spotted a New Octavia in Corrida Red with nose damage on NICE today around 11 AM between Mysore Road and Kanakpura Road sections. From the colour it seemed like it was a vRS unless Bright Red is an option on the regular Octavia now as well. There was also a Mercedes B-Class in White parked behind it, though it did not look like it had anything to do with the accident. Both cars were there on the right most lane almost beyond the solid line. The Octavia was getting loaded on a flatbed.
Old 8th August 2018, 08:44   #26904
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Thanks to Animesh Sengupta for sending these images in. Heartfelt gratitude for sharing it with other enthusiasts via this Team-BHP page!

Quote:
Got these images of a multiple car crash in Pune, the culprit seems to an over zealous Renault Duster.
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img20180807wa0015.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img20180807wa0016.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img20180807wa0017.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img20180807wa0018.jpg
GTO is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 8th August 2018, 08:54   #26905
BHPian

Does anyone have any information regarding the school bus accident near Q City in Hyderabad?

On my way back home (around 5:30PM), I saw a school bus that had gone off the road and hit the wall. There were police at the scene and as usual, a crowd had gathered. I didnt see any ambulance nor any children in the scene. Hope the accident occurred when the bus was returning AFTER dropping the kids.
Old 8th August 2018, 09:04   #26906
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Thanks to Animesh Sengupta for sending these images in. Heartfelt gratitude for sharing it with other enthusiasts via this Team-BHP page!
Is that a Vento under the Duster? The A-pillar seems to be intact
vb-saan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th August 2018, 09:35   #26907
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
Is that a Vento under the Duster? The A-pillar seems to be intact
Yes, it is indeed a Vento and it has certainly saved it's front passengers from serious injuries. Although, the gravity & physics also play a big role here as Duster's major weight is transferred to it's front wheels in this position.
However, things could have been drastically & devastatingly different, if Vento's A pillar had collapsed. Duster's weight would have shifted towards passengers!

I am no experts in analyzing accidents, just wondering what would have happened if it was a Baleno or Celario (no offence to owners please) in place of Vento
Acharya is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th August 2018, 10:05   #26908
BHPian

Quote:
Any info on the exact location of this accident in Pune?

I don't think Duster is the only culprit here. Even if it was going fast and braked suddenly, Vento must be tailgating it or not concentrating on road.

Or was the Duster reversing? In any case, a freak accident this is.
the_skyliner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th August 2018, 10:16   #26909
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks to Animesh Sengupta for sending these images in.
Quote:
Got these images of a multiple car crash in Pune, the culprit seems to an over zealous Renault Duster.
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_skyliner View Post
I don't think Duster is the only culprit here. Even if it was going fast and braked suddenly, Vento must be tailgating it or not concentrating on road.
True, and also there is at least another car missing in these pictures, the one that rear-ended the Civic. looking at the Damage to the Civic, that may also be a Sedan. Cumulative energy of the Vento, Civic and the 4th car would've resulted in the Vento getting pushed under the Duster.

On a different note, looking at this accident, I wonder if the Duster also should be fitted with an under-run bar?
hemanth.anand is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th August 2018, 10:19   #26910
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_skyliner View Post
Correct. But it's not the Vento.

Quote:
Thanks to Animesh Sengupta for sending these images in. Heartfelt gratitude for sharing it with other enthusiasts via ...
Here's a video grab from a video posted on one of the groups on Facebook. There was a truck in front of the Duster and there was a truck behind the last car as well. These three were sandwiched between the two and this is the result. Unfortunately, cannot find a way to share the video here. The frontal damage on the Duster substantiates that.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-screen-shot-20180808-10.14.31-am.jpg  

shubhodeepdas@g is offline   (6) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks