Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd June 2012, 11:04   #4006
Senior - BHPian

Re: Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em

^ few pictures to support your point

smartass wondering if he should get ahead of the fools waiting..
Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-_mg_6817.jpg

nope, not a good idea!
Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-_mg_6818.jpg

look at 'em nincompoops waiting in line! yippee!
Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-_mg_6827.jpg

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-_mg_6828.jpg

i just love this city!

Last edited by IronH4WK : 23rd June 2012 at 11:06.
IronH4WK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th June 2012, 00:25   #4007
BHPian

Okay so I'd like to share a couple of incidents that happened yesterday:
Incident 1- I had gone out in my car to buy some stuff. There is a small road which goes towards my building. It is a two-laned road with 1 lane for each direction + sufficient space for parking cars on both the sides.
I was driving towards my building in the correct lane and there is a slight left after some distance. Now some dimwit had parked his red Palio on the corner. So while approaching the left turn I couldn't see properly because of this stupid car which was parked. It was a blindspot. So I carefully slow down and take the turn (In my lane) and all of a sudden I see this Silver WagonR coming towards me in my lane at ~55-60kmph!
I slammed on the brakes but that guy reacted so slowly and his car's front bumper touched my Spark's bumper. I honked continuously and that guy comes next to my car, opens the driver side window, makes a bad gesture and zooms off! Fortunately nothing bad happened but I was just wondering what would happen if someone reaction time would have been slow and there would be an accident. I felt like giving him a piece of my mind but his wife and small kid were in the car so I just kept quite.
Anddd by chance if there would have been any accident then people would have still blamed me because I'm a young teenager (I have a valid license) and that man was in his late thirties. This is the mentality of some people , if a young guy drives his own car then he is showing off , if someone has money to buy an expensive car then he is a spoilt brat! And then there are people who can't differentiate between driving fast and driving rashly.
(in the pic, the black car is mine and the silver one is the wagonr. I couldn't make the palio properly so Ive just marked the place where it was parked)
Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-idiot.jpg

Incident 2- This happened yesterday evening on the western express highway in a Meru cab. Not a bad driver I guess, but a bad passenger. So this car was ahead of me and the road was pretty empty so I was doing 80-90 kmph and the meru cab was also at a similar speed. Anddd then all of a sudden, the left rear door opens, the passenger spits out and throws some litter and then coolly shuts the door!
This is so dangerous at such a speed! What if there was some car which was passing in the left lane!
Old 25th June 2012, 00:36   #4008
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post

i just love this city!
If you love that city, I can assure you sir, you will most certainly love every city in India.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrangeWizard View Post
Incident 1- and all of a sudden I see this Silver WagonR coming towards me in my lane at ~55-60kmph!
Come on, give that family guy a break, perhaps yours was the only road he could put his tall wagon into its paces without tumbling it?

Last edited by esteem_lover : 25th June 2012 at 00:49.
Old 1st July 2012, 17:07   #4009
Senior - BHPian

Spotted two Ferrari's (at least the black one was) - black and red - take a u-turn at Trinity circle and floor it. Agreed you've machines people can only dream about, but don't open your throttle in crowed streets - there were people coming on to the road to check out the noise!
Old 2nd July 2012, 14:05   #4010
Senior - BHPian

I had an incident on Saturday evening in town. I was joining queued up traffic at a signal in Kothrud when I noticed that an Indica was trying to cross the road from my right to get into a lane which was to my left. He is already blocking the oncoming traffic and I am holding up perhaps 3 cars and a couple of two wheelers (none of whom are honking). Our signal is yet to turn red.

So I waited and motioned for him to pass with a perfectly polite wave. No unnecessary smiles either. I had allowed enough space for him to go sideways if he wanted to. This driver guy gets half out of the driver window and starts yelling at me to move up. I roll down the window and shout back at him saying I was only asking him to go. No remorse on his part, so I move up and wait for the signal to turn green. Traffic behind me has piled up and no one is allowing him any space. he finally loses patience with people honking at him and backs up to let some traffic go.

Would it not have been easier for him to just go when I allowed him the space?

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
After I parked, we got out and I saw that this guy had his wife and little daughter in tow and looked every bit an urban professional as anyone else. Very surprising- I had been expecting a bunch of insolent youngsters chewing gutkha. Guess bad driving is universal.
looks like the insolent youngster got married, had kids and earned enough to buy a car. But wait, forgot to imbibe any decency. Is it surprising any more? I hope his kids dont imbibe this behaviour.
The problem with many of these morons is that if anyone tries to point out their mistakes, they just get abusive or violent. Because they dont have a valid reason to justify their stupid behaviour in any case.

Last edited by selfdrive : 2nd July 2012 at 14:06.
Old 2nd July 2012, 14:48   #4011
Senior - BHPian

This incident took place on Saturday during peak traffic hours. I was on a 3 lane road in the left-most lane in bumper to bumper traffic and wanted to turn left into a lane ahead. I see all the cars changing to the middle lane and saw this black Fortuner with plastic covers on the seat parked in a no stopping zone with his hazards on. I went behind and honked as the driver was inside with with ac on looking in his IRVM. He did not move and chose to ignore. I had no option to change lanes and halted next to him. Now his vehicle was blocking half the mouth of the lane I wanted to enter and was blocking a whole lane during peak traffic hours too. Here is the conversation:

(I tapped his window)
I: move from the way, can't you see your creating a mess out here.
He: how dare you touch the vehicle?? do you know who it belongs to??
I: I don't care, you are causing inconvenience.
He: It belongs to the CM's son, how dare you touch the vehicle??
I: So?? can't you hear people honking, just move over and stop in the lane if you have to.
He: this is the CM's son's vehicle and he started abusing.

I looked in my RVM and saw this line of cars behind me waiting for me to move. I calmed down and drove off from the trouble maker. There was a traffic cop right in front of us who chose to ignore the Fortuner (and I don't blame him as these VIP's generally are a pain in the backside for the law enforcement authorities.) For 1 second I thought I'll beat him up for abusing cause he was this typical thin driver with a moustache who can be made straight with two tight ones but I preferred calming down and driving away as nothing can be said to those who are not willing to understand.

On a lighter note there is something I really wish to do on our streets to inconsiderate idiots. Enjoy the video:

S2!!! is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2012, 14:49   #4012
BHPian

So yesterday I was out and about mall hopping in my lovely garden city. So there's a u turn a few meters away from the mall. Drove upto the divider and started taking the u turn. Traffic wasnt much as it was 930pm. Few cars had piled up to let me go as there was construction also on the road and had to reverse the car to complete the turn.

Then comes this sumo gold blue taxi most probably a call centre cabbie. He sees why are people magnanimously waiting and even helping a person to take a u turn. Sees a bit of space in front and starts accelerating. Ive my mom sitting at the passenger side. The sumo nearly rams into my car by a few centimetres.
Now he shows me anger as is expected of low mentality people. And when i dont respond starts abusing seeing that ive a middle aged lady in front all this while he was blocking the traffic on his lane.

His passengers continue to stare in awe and shock why the cabbie was behaving so wierdly. Meanwhile i kept moving forward and nearly crept close to his door so that he couldnt open it just in case he tried to be physical. All this while i could make out his blood red eyes and he was also probably drunk. People started honking at him and some even shouted. Finally after 2 long minutes he moved on just to drop some passengers at the mall.

I wonder for what joy he couldnt wait behind the traffic for 5 seconds when i couldve easily taken the u turn and left in that time. Anyways after he moved away traffic behind was pretty helpful in helping me reverse my car. The drunk cabbies here never get beaten up by the public i guess. A good spanking once in a while ought to wisen them up. Roads will always be full of idiots.

Regards.
Parthasarathig is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2012, 15:08   #4013
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S2!!! View Post
On a lighter note there is something I really wish to do on our streets to inconsiderate idiots. Enjoy the video:
Looks like a military vehicle. My god. Shocking.

Last edited by bblost : 2nd July 2012 at 15:18. Reason: Please remove embedded video from quoted posts. Thanks.
Old 2nd July 2012, 15:19   #4014
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupratikDebnath View Post
Looks like a military vehicle. My god. Shocking.
OT:

yes, that is a military vehicle (Humvee HMMWV; and its written on the video - HOW TO DRIVE A HUMMER IN IRAQ) and that's have they've to drive; nobody gives way otherwise.

i wish i could drive like that in Bangalore roads; special treatment for autos who think they own the roads

Last edited by IronH4WK : 2nd July 2012 at 15:23.
Old 2nd July 2012, 15:21   #4015
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post
OT:

yes, that is a military vehicle (Humvee; and its written on the video - HOW TO DRIVE A HUMMER IN IRAQ) and that's have they've to drive; nobody give way otherwise.

i wish i could drive like that in Bangalore roads; special treatment for autos who think they own the roads
Another OT:
Autos are H4 editions. At least driver-attitude wise, they really are!
Old 3rd July 2012, 22:26   #4016
Senior - BHPian

This Alto is parked in our back lane daily in this way. I think that the owner is not knowing his own mistake while parking his car.There is a large open space a little ahead of this spot where he can park properly.He comes home very late and can see all other cars parked in a correct manner,even then he does this.
Attached Thumbnails
Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-d-076.jpg  

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-d-075.jpg  

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-d-074.jpg  

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-d-073.jpg  

Old 4th July 2012, 00:45   #4017
Distinguished - BHPian

Some people don't seem to actually park their cars, they just stop them and get out.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 4th July 2012, 10:09   #4018
BHPian

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em? Well, saw one today morning at Kundalahalli signal and unfortunately, the car had a LTD sticker in the middle of the rear bumper. It was a morello Ford Fiesta TDCi SXi (KA 03 N 7424), driven by a person who seemed to be in real hurry. At Kundalahalli signal, coming from Marathalli, he was in the middle lane and wanted to turn left towards ITPL. The signal was green only for left turn and the police had placed lane dividers for the left lane. He jumped the straight signal and tried to cut across to the left lane.

After this he was trying all kinds of circus to get ahead, overtaking through left, right and centre. But at the turning towards Ryan school, he was caught up in the right lane traffic with school buses trying to take a right. I saw him in the rear view mirror, as I was turning to my office and he still was doing the antics. One humble advice to whoever it was, please drive carefully or atleast remove the sticker from your car. It gives a very negative impression of the forum that it's members are a road racing community

Last edited by khan_sultan : 9th February 2019 at 08:45. Reason: edited post for better readability
Old 4th July 2012, 11:12   #4019
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IQBAL VEERJI View Post
This Alto is parked in our back lane daily in this way. I think that the owner is not knowing his own mistake while parking his car.There is a large open space a little ahead of this spot where he can park properly.He comes home very late and can see all other cars parked in a correct manner,even then he does this.
Seems he is willing to get some scratches on the car. Hate the people who park their cars in this manner. Block the road and cause inconvenience to others. I have people who stop their car right in front of my building gate even though there is enough space ahead. I have to come from behind and honk continuously. When will some common sense prevail in these people?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parthasarathig View Post

Then comes this sumo gold blue taxi most probably a call centre cabbie. He sees why are people magnanimously waiting and even helping a person to take a u turn. Sees a bit of space in front and starts accelerating. Ive my mom sitting at the passenger side. The sumo nearly rams into my car by a few centimetres.
Now he shows me anger as is expected of low mentality people. And when i dont respond starts abusing seeing that ive a middle aged lady in front all this while he was blocking the traffic on his lane.

Regards.
Have faced this many a times on Mumbai streets. Although there are autos here who create nuisance more than the cabbies. If I am waiting for some one to complete a turn, some other auto comes in from the left and tries to squeeze in from the gap even a bike would shy. Why can't you wait 5 seconds do that both the drivers can peacefully complete the turn.

This reminded me of another incident. Theres a U-tuen near my building where a Estilo guy was takin a u-turn. He has to reverse the car a little because some idiot had parked a car at the corner stopping his way.
He slotted into reverse and started reversing, the people driving straight waited for him to reverse, but then suddenly a guy on his activa decides to pass the car. The Estilo brushes the activa and the activa guy gets down and starts abusing the Estilo guy for all fault of his. He had easily seen the Estilo reversing and also the reverse lights of the car and then too decides to move ahead. If he would have waited for some seconds that would have saved him a lot of trouble of abusing others!

Quote:
Originally Posted by S2!!! View Post
HOW TO DRIVE A HUMMER IN IRAQ - YouTube
The video is amazing. This shows that if our cabbies had Hummers, this is what would be Indian traffic! Thank god Sumo's don't have Hummer quality!

Last edited by bblost : 4th July 2012 at 12:46. Reason: Removed embedded video. Thanks.
Old 4th July 2012, 12:44   #4020
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carzone

When will some common sense prevail in these people?
Perhaps never. The problem with us is we have become too civilised and look down upon such behaviour as shameful. This is taken advantage of by everyone else like cabbies, nonsense parkers etc.
When one day they abuse someone who knows who may come out of the car and give them a nice thrashing that remind them of the spankings that mom and dad forgot to give them. This is the most decent way i could pen my thoughts on this forum.
Parthasarathig is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks