Search this Thread
Old 28th October 2021, 21:43   #11791
BHPian

Re: Pics: Accidents in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by RohaNN_kWh View Post
How bad is your judgement?
Squid Driver: YES
Guy has the audacity to play flashlight flashlight to make the oncoming traffic stop on a single lane but not slow down himself.
The worst driver I have ever seen. He is more than a SQUID
saisree is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 29th October 2021, 07:54   #11792
Senior - BHPian

Re: Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam_machine View Post
I guess we have a winner hands down for the 2021 Darwin awards. On a more serious note, the driver of that jeep should have his license cancelled. The kind of idiocy we get to see on our roads is just
longhorn is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 30th October 2021, 11:14   #11793
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
The 140 kmph limit was proposed for "expressways". And expressways don't allow 2 wheelers either.
I just beg to differ here. Why should the speeds be reduced on expressways? As the technology is advancing in the automobiles, the speed limit has to go up. Just to protect the morons, we cannot hold ourselves back. Delhi-Mumbai expressway is coming up in next few years. The travel time declared is 15 hours. How can a person drive at 80 and expect to reach Mumbai in 15 hours. Talking about myself, if i do not have my family with me, i drive nonstop for 16-17 hours. Its only me and my machine.

I see two-wheelers on Yamuna expressway and Agra-Lucknow expressway. But they are very few and less. The reason is heavy toll that is charged. For two-wheelers, one side toll from Noida to Agra is around 215. And on Agra-Lucknow Express is around 350. Am sure that government can make it free for them as well. But if it is made free, we will see all the villagers from nearby villages racing with their splendors and other bikes on these expressways. I believe that just to avoid any retaliation from two wheeler fraternity, they have levied toll. Normally, people do not take their two wheelers on these expressways and those who do so, drive responsibly.

Probably, the toll rates for two-wheelers should be levied at par with four-wheelers to discourage them from entering any highway or expressway. They should be forced to use the service lanes instead or not use highway at all. Patrolling by the authorities should be intensified and penalty should also be increased manifold to reign the rogues.
su1978 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th October 2021, 12:26   #11794

Quote:
Originally Posted by SN88 View Post
Remember this ad by Ceat? Its exactly how our roads are.
I honestly thought only our roads are horrendous, until one reads things like this aircraft that landed on wrong end of runway. ATC or Pilots or it’s just that the aircraft decided to do be just a bit naughty 5 days ago. This could have been sooo much worse.

Do I think that there is a direct relationship between road and airways? It’s the same people!!

https://www.thehindu.com/news/nation...le37157860.ece
Old 30th October 2021, 12:42   #11795
BHPian

Here is another one by Ceat - even more common

SN88 is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 30th October 2021, 13:45   #11796
BHPian

Quote:
Here is another one by Ceat - even more common
Excellent ads by Ceat. Blood boiled on hearing that "andha hai kya". So realistic.
batladanny is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 30th October 2021, 14:21   #11797

Quote:
Remember this ad by Ceat? Its exactly how our roads are.
I honestly thought only our roads are horrendous, until one reads things like this aircraft that landed on wrong end of runway. ATC or Pilots or it’s just that the aircraft decided to do be just a bit naughty 5 days ago. This could have been sooo much worse.

Do I think that there is a direct relationship between road and airways? It’s the same people!!

https://www.thehindu.com/news/nation...le37157860.ece
Old 30th October 2021, 17:08   #11798
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldWays View Post
I think it more likely that a pilot, 100% professional in the work (but mistakes do happen) somehow becomes a moron when riding his bike home after signing off.

A friend, a senior engineer in a multinational company, splits his work time between USA and his home office/workshop in Chennai, He told me that, as a driver, he is unrecognisable as the same person behind the wheels of cars in USA and India. He has the learning and education to not be part of the problem, but reverts to old ways as soon as he gets home to India.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st October 2021, 10:02   #11799
BHPian

I spotted another idiot in bandra yesterday. The child with someone was sitting on the roof of their car through the sunroof!! Even his legs were out and not inside the car. I tried to overtake to give the driver a piece of my mind but being a narrow lane I couldnt and lost him then.
I hope god gives them some sense before it is too late!!
Attached Thumbnails
Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-img_20211030_2323215798.jpg  

SN88 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 31st October 2021, 12:47   #11800
BHPian

Quote:
I spotted another idiot in bandra yesterday. The child with someone was sitting on the roof of their car through the sunroof!! Even his legs were out and not inside the car. I tried to overtake to give the driver a piece of my mind but being a narrow lane I couldnt and lost him then.
Since the number plate is clearly visible, is there anyway you can share this photo with Mumbai Traffic Police, say Twitter/Facebook etc.? The only way these idiots will learn is the hard way
srvm is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 31st October 2021, 13:55   #11801
BHPian

Quote:
That sunroof is going to stop working properly soon enough How dumb a person can be ? How can a person sit on the sunroof of a moving vehicle ! What if that moron driver is not paying attention on the road, what if that idiot on the roof falls down and some very very bad thing happens ! Who's going to be responsible for that ? I'm just amazed at this carelessness about one's life they have.
As they say, money can buy things, but it certainly can not buy you some common sense
Akshay6988 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st October 2021, 13:58   #11802
BHPian

Don't know if it belongs here or not but still posting as am also looking for advice.
Wasn't very dark sun films banned in India long back?

Spotted this Scorpio today, with very black tints. How and where can I complain? Will it be futile to do so?
Attached Thumbnails
Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-img_20211031_135255.jpg  

Candy$Cars is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st October 2021, 14:49   #11803
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy$Cars View Post
Don't know if it belongs here or not but still posting as am also looking for advice.
Wasn't very dark sun films banned in India long back?
Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy$Cars View Post
Will it be futile to do so?
Also Yes

Isn't violation of such rules by UP-registered SUVs just the norm by now? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
N.A.GTC is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st October 2021, 16:02   #11804
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by N.A.GTC View Post
Isn't violation of such rules by UP-registered SUVs just the norm by now? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Another common trait of these vehicles in NCR is stickers indicating caste. Recently there was a ban enforced on those stickers.
cryptarchy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st October 2021, 17:33   #11805
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I spotted another idiot in bandra yesterday. The child with someone was sitting on the roof of their car through the sunroof!! Even his legs were out and not inside the car. I tried to overtake to give the driver a piece of my mind ...
Please, guys, do not do this! The wish to do a social service is appreciated, but it is just too dangerous. What if the child falls in front of your car?

Treat such people like an obviously drunk driver: dangerous to get anywhere near. Keep back, and well clear.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (14) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks