Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd September 2021, 15:13   #11641
BHPian

Re: Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverKill View Post
It's true when they say expect the unexpected on Indian roads.
ORVM's what are they for? Just to make the car look complete.(I guess)
I think s/he did see you in the rvm and still decided to go for the overtake since they did not want to slow down behind the truck. I have seen this many times on highways where people do not care that they are endangering lives of other road users and just swing the steering wheel at their whim.
Old 22nd September 2021, 15:21   #11642
BHPian

There are those who believe as long as they are in the right lane they have the right of way to overtake anyone to the left and that the onus is on the vehicle on the left to let them pass.

They believe these vehicles are wrongly overtaking them from the left when they are simply sticking to their own lane which is faster.

Not sure how to explain to them that this is NOT a case of overtaking from the left.
Old 22nd September 2021, 18:19   #11643
Distinguished - BHPian

When you take-off without checking your mirrors...

This was at Mudigere town, Karnataka yesterday evening. The driver behind the wheels of the white M800 was a complete moron. Look at the way he moves off from standstill barely avoiding a sideswipe. He was lucky as the other car driver swerved away in time.

He continued to drive like a complete idiot even after this overtaking recklessly.
paragsachania is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2021, 23:48   #11644
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
The driver behind the wheels of the white M800 was a complete moron. Look at the way he moves off from standstill barely avoiding a sideswipe. He was lucky as the other car driver swerved away in time.
Somebody did that to me only yesterday evening. Even when I made my presence felt, he still tried to push in.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2021, 09:58   #11645
Senior - BHPian

Noticing way too many people (on 2 wheels and 4 wheels) cutting across from the left to take a u turn in front of you instead of getting behind you and then taking the turn.

People are slowly forgetting to turn on indicators even taking right turns into traffic.

While our traffic was also a study in methodical chaos, it's slowly just becoming chaos...in totality.
deathwalkr is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2021, 15:58   #11646
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathwalkr View Post
While our traffic was also a study in methodical chaos, it's slowly just becoming chaos...in totality.
This is very true. There may have been complete disregard for rules, but drivers understood each other, so the whole thing somehow worked. This understanding seems to be getting less.
Old 24th September 2021, 02:52   #11647
anb
BHPian

Found this on youtube. Polo and Fortuner racing on 2 lane highway

anb is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 24th September 2021, 17:06   #11648
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anb View Post
Found this on Youtube. Polo and Fortuner racing on 2 lane highway
Name:  ML06S2256.png
Views: 304
Size:  200.4 KB

Must be mighty proud of the validated car and curfew pass issued by the government department, to flaunt it arrogantly.
silversteed is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th September 2021, 13:57   #11649
BHPian

This happened a few days back on my way back home. I was in the process of overtaking a parked pickup, when I see this auto coming from ahead, he was literally like “a bat out of hell”, I just stopped and held my breath, how he managed to shoo thru the gap was sheer luck, and to top it the pickup also started to move. That was a close call. That auto driver must be reborn race driver.

sparky@home is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th September 2021, 12:24   #11650
BHPian

How could this happen? The unfinshed bridge is quite high above the ground level.
Sran is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 28th September 2021, 13:12   #11651
BHPian

People living in the Mumbai suburbs might be aware of how painful it is to drive in Aarey, specifically if you drive in the opposite side of traffic.

Rickshaw's/bikers/cars all are the same here. Zero patience and all of them feel it's ok to use the opposite side lane at their convenience. Other road users be damned.

Cherry on top in this footage is the Police van which enters my lane.
I don't think he was in a hurry or attending to some urgent matter nearby, if that was the case his sirens/emergency lights would be on and would have continued in my direction instead of correcting course.

It's very difficult to control our anger and emotions while encountering such morons on daily basis.

God bless us all.
OverKill is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 28th September 2021, 13:54   #11652
Senior - BHPian

Tata Harrier runs over the foot of DCP: Driver detained by police, car seized

Source : CarToq

Quote:
Bengaluru Police have detained a leader of the Kannada organisation for running over the foot of a DCP. The incident happened when the DCP was doing his duty on the call of Bharat Bandh by the protesting farmers.

The vehicle belonged to a protestor. According to the police, there were posters on the windshield of the vehicle. The posters restricted the view of the road ahead and created multiple blind spots. DCP told the media that due to the restricted view, the vehicle ran over his foot. The DCP suffered injuries as the tyre crushed half his foot. However, he is in a stable condition and is expected to recover soon.
AutoNoob is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th September 2021, 17:53   #11653
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sran View Post
How could this happen? The unfinished bridge is quite high above the ground level.
I'm wondering how any part of the thing reached the other side! And I've made a mental note not to trust Mohan's logistics!

The bus in the flood is scary. We might say that the youngsters are more interested in video than rescue, but I wonder what would have happened if they ran in there. Probably more deaths.
Old 28th September 2021, 18:59   #11654
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky@home View Post
Quite a save!
This is why my dad always taught me not to overtake by following the car in front because the car in front may have done his overtake by calculating the timing just enough for his passage. In that case, you will be caught in a tricky situation!
Seems like this is what happened here!
Everyday on Indian roads teach a new lesson!
Candy$Cars is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th September 2021, 19:01   #11655
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post

This was at Mudigere town, Karnataka yesterday evening. The driver behind the wheels of the white M800 was a complete moron.
On a different OT note, I could count atleast 8 M800 (mix of older and later versions) as well as several Altos (and maybe 2 Zens) in that short clip. That's quite a rarity to see so many M800s in one area! Last time I saw so many M800s and Altos was in Kathmandu (they have a huge # of M800 and Altos running as taxis and private cars in that city).
ninjatalli is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks