Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st July 2021, 13:17   #11521
BHPian

Re: Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrasannaDhana View Post
How NOT to drive a 5.3 meter pick up truck.

I wish people mind their vehicle's dimensions, and for God's sake, have some patience and common sense.
Looks like he has made the jump from a nano/2 wheeler directly into the mammoth that the V-cross is..

That was just plain bad driving.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shady View Post
Idiotic tipper driver in Kerala
Rash driving by the tipper truck driver, but sorry to say that you were being quite rash yourself.

Last edited by Turrrb0 : 21st July 2021 at 13:28.
Turrrb0 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st July 2021, 19:22   #11522
Senior - BHPian

Re: Pics: Accidents in India

This Ford Ikon pulled a really risky maneuver at a blind curve in a no-overtake zone. He just completely occupied the wrong side of a narrow two-lane road! It was a 30kmph zone and I was not exceeding the speed limit.

clevermax is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 21st July 2021, 21:28   #11523
Distinguished - BHPian

Some kids get their egos inflated when they drive a big car. This XUV500 guy was bullying everyone in the back by tailgating rather closely and honking like a maniac.

While overtaking me (I was driving my Kwid, the datestamp has my storme label though) he got too close to my car, while I was already in my lane. After the overtake, he hastily proceeds to tailgate the lorry, takes the right lane to overtake one of them, but suddenly decides otherwise and brakes, in the same lane and then takes left. Pretty irritating to sane drivers around.

PrasannaDhana is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2021, 19:40   #11524
BHPian

This Innova driver had some ego for sure and was overtaking very rashly and cutting through very small gaps.

Last edited by ronford : 22nd July 2021 at 19:41. Reason: Hyperlinking video correctly
Old 22nd July 2021, 19:54   #11525
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronford View Post
This Innova driver had some ego for sure and was overtaking very rashly and cutting through very small gaps.

https://Youtu.be/UIcC_6SrVX4
Oh wait!

The camera car (guess it is you) is pretty rash too, specially at 0:09 - you could have had some patience with that poor two wheeler guy

and 2:10 - Auto and lorry were already occupying their lanes and you did squeeze into the gap.

The Innova for sure was worse.
PrasannaDhana is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2021, 20:03   #11526
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I thought you were pointing out to the car with the dashcam until the end of the video. Either way, that Innova driver was too overconfident or just didnt want to lose the momentum he had gathered. I have noticed this behaviour myself many instances where the Innova driver would have gathered speed and doesnt want to slow down. Usually leads to many rear endings like even in this case the Innova was quite close in that gap and the bus driver did make some more gap. Perhaps its due to the poor performance of the Innova at triple digit speeds, the drivers dont want to slow down.
audioholic is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2021, 20:49   #11527
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Also rash driving from the camera car.
Old 22nd July 2021, 22:49   #11528
BHPian

Quote:
Others have already pointed out that the driver in the car with the dashcam also belongs to the same community. I’m also of the same opinion.

Curious to know, at the end of the video whether the car with dash cam slowed down or sneaked into that little space between the bus and the lorry?
saisree is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2021, 00:51   #11529
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shady View Post
Idiotic tipper driver in Kerala
That reminded me of the movie Duel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
More than bad driving, it was the super loud exhaust that was irritating. We had the windows closed and still it was loud.

Excuse the commentary .
That beep would've been interesting These RICErs
silversteed is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2021, 09:09   #11530
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevermax View Post
This Ford Ikon pulled a really risky maneuver at a blind curve in a no-overtake zone. He just completely occupied the wrong side of a narrow two-lane road! It was a 30kmph zone and I was not exceeding the speed limit.

https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=pXFPy33qM-8
What a horrible driver! Doesn't deserve to get behind the wheel of any vehicle. Really wonder if 'self preservation' is part of his dictionary.
Old 23rd July 2021, 21:15   #11531
Distinguished - BHPian

This cabbie is in some hurry

One of those incidents when you rather feel sorry for the person than get angry. This lady did not have the common sense to look ahead before overtaking a stationary bus, that too riding over a speed bump. And when she had the view, she clearly ignored a big white SUV with headlights being lit, and horn blaring.

Funny thing is, she signaled me to squeeze into the gap after coming to a startled stop Guess two wheelers think all vehicles can fit into spaces their bikes would.

Last edited by PrasannaDhana : 23rd July 2021 at 21:35.
PrasannaDhana is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 24th July 2021, 14:15   #11532
BHPian

Road rage in Delhi.

Dangerous driving by taxi driver in Ghaziabad. He was distracted, nearly hit me and a biker, and ran a red light.

NG_EV is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 24th July 2021, 17:45   #11533
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NG_EV View Post
Road rage in Delhi.

https://Youtu.be/hM_FOXtt_xM
That Honda is peak Delhi/Haryana. Jumping between lanes, unable to drive in a straight line, and when you almost collide with someone else, go intimidate them.
N.A.GTC is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th July 2021, 20:41   #11534
Distinguished - BHPian

I couldn't imagine a lorry or a bus or a hormonally charged teen motorcyclist riding fast on that road when this elderly couple joined the main road blindly from an intersection. Didn't even waste a second to stop and look if any vehicle was coming on the main road.

PrasannaDhana is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th July 2021, 11:17   #11535
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhorn View Post
What a horrible driver! Doesn't deserve to get behind the wheel of any vehicle. Really wonder if 'self preservation' is part of his dictionary.
Yes, things could have gone wrong at two places. #1 - At the blind curve, if there was an oncoming vehicle. #2 - When he entered the pocket road through the wrong side, if there was a vehicle coming through that road to in the opposite direction.

But then, he is gifted with a third eye, right? He saw straight through the obstacles and verified that the other side is clear.

Last edited by clevermax : 25th July 2021 at 11:25.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks