Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th June 2011, 18:34   #2191
BHPian

Re: Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em

Quote:
Originally Posted by odyssey045 View Post
...not even bothering to look at their mirrors before changing lanes..
Forget looking at the mirrors, most have them folded; as if that's a reason for not noticing the other vehicles.
Old 16th June 2011, 22:19   #2192
BHPian

A swift orange LDi driver was changed his lane just like any other regular Bangalorean driver.
He was not wearing his seatbelt.
He overtook us on OA Road, and my driver was aghast to see the very same sticker "I drive safe" - Team-BHP - The Definitive Indian Car Community - Portal that adorns my car, on the backside of the swift.
What is ironic, is that the sticker depicts a seatbelt too, and the car was peppered w/ team-bhp stickers all over.
Old 17th June 2011, 01:04   #2193
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
I cut other vehicles off, honked rudely at two wheelers on the highway for blocking my way, swerved from left to right, until I managed to catch up with that TT. Once there, I suddenly changed lanes, forcing him to brake, cheap satisfaction engulfing me. Drove like an absolute moron, for those 10 minutes.
Well, I've done the very same thing with an Innova guy some time back, even touching triple-digit speeds briefly to "hunt" him down. After it was over, I realised that the worst that could've happened from the Innova guy's action was probably a few scratches on my car, but no bodily harm. But, with the kind of driving I did to chase him down, I could've ended up in much bigger danger - and this with my wife in the front seat and my daughter sleeping at the back. It was just not worth it. That incident has actually helped me to become a lot calmer these days on the road.
Old 17th June 2011, 14:23   #2194
Senior - BHPian

Look at this guy how he has parked taking two parking slots in my office. All the rest of the cars were parked properly.
Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-20110617-10.37.54.jpg
Old 17th June 2011, 14:36   #2195
Team-BHP Support

Another near miss.
I am on a wide road(without divider), with 2 lanes on each side.
As usual, the left lane as rickshaws.
I am behind a Nano, doing around 20kmph. The drive is on the cell phone.
I honk a couple of times, and this guy does not change speed. When oncoming traffic thins, I decide to overtake.
And guess what, Just as I start to overtake, this guy takes an abrupt right turn!
I slam the brakes, and miss him by inches.

No indicator, his ORVM is folding, and he is driving with one hand, with other on phone, and turning.
Old 17th June 2011, 15:19   #2196
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
Another near miss.
I am on a wide road(without divider), with 2 lanes on each side.
As usual, the left lane as rickshaws.
I am behind a Nano, doing around 20kmph. The drive is on the cell phone.
I honk a couple of times, and this guy does not change speed. When oncoming traffic thins, I decide to overtake.
And guess what, Just as I start to overtake, this guy takes an abrupt right turn!
I slam the brakes, and miss him by inches.

No indicator, his ORVM is folding, and he is driving with one hand, with other on phone, and turning.

A lot of these imbeciles have graduated from bikes to cars and have taken the (bad and dangerous) habits with them.

On bikes they are dangerous on car lethally so - given the limited visibility and maneuverability of the bigger vehicle.

Today I met an unusual bad driver.

While coming to work today I encounterd a red coloured Indica. the car had a banged up rear hatch door so I was anyway cautious. He kept driving very slow (25kmph roughly) on the middle of a 2-lane road. No amount of honking and glares from bikers who overtook both of us could budge him. I kept thinking this moron is most likely talking on phone. Once he went to th left and I thought he is giving me way. I start overtaking and what do I see, he is slowly coming back to the center I had to brake to avoid hitting him. Honked sharply but got no response.

The road cleared to 3-lanes, I overtook (though our man did swerve a little in my direction - I don't think on purpose) and saw in the rearview mirror - no mobile phone ! he was just slow and dangerous
Old 17th June 2011, 15:28   #2197
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankjha1806 View Post
Look at this guy how he has parked taking two parking slots in my office. All the rest of the cars were parked properly.
Why did you black-out his number plate? These guys should be exposed!!
Old 17th June 2011, 15:36   #2198
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ch.nathan View Post
Why did you black-out his number plate? These guys should be exposed!!
Wouldn't want to create unintended trouble at office hence blacked out the number plate.
Old 17th June 2011, 15:50   #2199
BHPian

Folded LH and RH RVM are so common in Kolkata that some people think us who drives with both open as "anari" .
Old 17th June 2011, 16:08   #2200
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by archat68
Folded LH and RH RVM are so common in Kolkata that some people think us who drives with both open as "anari" .
Same here in Bangalore, you rarely find people driving with open rear view mirrors.

One of my friends actually asked me why I keep them open and drive in traffic and unnessasarly put them in danger. According to him, Rear view mirrors are only for "L" boards!! I was speechless..!!
Old 17th June 2011, 16:30   #2201
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vina View Post
A lot of these imbeciles have graduated from bikes to cars and have taken the (bad and dangerous) habits with them.

On bikes they are dangerous on car lethally so - given the limited visibility and maneuverability of the bigger vehicle.

Today I met an unusual bad driver.

While coming to work today I encounterd a red coloured Indica. the car had a banged up rear hatch door so I was anyway cautious. He kept driving very slow (25kmph roughly) on the middle of a 2-lane road. No amount of honking and glares from bikers who overtook both of us could budge him. I kept thinking this moron is most likely talking on phone. Once he went to th left and I thought he is giving me way. I start overtaking and what do I see, he is slowly coming back to the center I had to brake to avoid hitting him. Honked sharply but got no response.

The road cleared to 3-lanes, I overtook (though our man did swerve a little in my direction - I don't think on purpose) and saw in the rearview mirror - no mobile phone ! he was just slow and dangerous
Very very true. The guys who have graduated to cars make an entry to a main road from a side road and if he wants to go right, he will go for some distance through the right of the road and then move over to left. They think that they are one hundred per cent right.

Today I came across a guy in an Indica and my experience was exactly similar to you. More over I saw a TBhp sticker on the rear hatch of the car. I was taken aback. When he stopped the car I went near hem and enquired. But luckily for us the guy was not a team bhpian, and he doesn't knoe a thing about the sticker he carries as he has purchased the car recently.

I have a snap which I will add in sticker sighting thread in the evening.
Old 17th June 2011, 16:42   #2202
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeev k

Very very true. The guys who have graduated to cars make an entry to a main road from a side road and if he wants to go right, he will go for some distance through the right of the road and then move over to left. They think that they are one hundred per cent right.

Today I came across a guy in an Indica and my experience was exactly similar to you. More over I saw a TBhp sticker on the rear hatch of the car. I was taken aback. When he stopped the car I went near hem and enquired. But luckily for us the guy was not a team bhpian, and he doesn't knoe a thing about the sticker he carries as he has purchased the car recently.

I have a snap which I will add in sticker sighting thread in the evening.
Just to avoid such situations, the first thing I did when i sold my old car was, remove my Team BHP stickers.. I don't want some idiot driving around with them!!
Old 17th June 2011, 16:47   #2203
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pri2 View Post
Just to avoid such situations, the first thing I did when i sold my old car was, remove my Team BHP stickers.. I don't want some idiot driving around with them!!
You said what in fact I wanted to say, Remove the stickers before selling the car to avoid sending wrong message about TBhp to the community at large.
Old 17th June 2011, 17:34   #2204
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeev k View Post
You said what in fact I wanted to say, Remove the stickers before selling the car to avoid sending wrong message about TBhp to the community at large.
It also could be that the member itself may not be driving, it could be his friends or somebody else. We could not always assume that the drivers are always the member of this forum, but then some members might be driving like that as well, we are not all that innocent
Old 18th June 2011, 12:52   #2205
BHPian

Hi
Coming to this point of the T-BHP sticker feel that it would be better to have a specific sticker given to members only (active members alone)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks