Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th January 2013, 11:34   #4936
Senior - BHPian

Re: Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em

Quote:
Originally Posted by voodoochild View Post
I believe I've seen this same Duker, or a like-minded one, multiple times on Pashan Road. Hope the cabbie beat some sense into his head.
I have seen other Dukers ride the same way. As a matter of fact, I have to yet spot a sanely ridden Duke. I hope I dont end up judging these by sight as I do the Pulsars and Dzires of my world.

As for the beating sense part, I doubt the cabbie had enough sense for himself, considering the way he was driving. He would definitely not have any sense to spare for anyone else. I do admit, its easier to preach than to practise.

Quote:
And I'm to take this route by cab (I'm not even an IT chap!!) almost every day now
Its good to hear that non IT chaps are also taking cabs now! Dont hit me for that, I did try to take a cab about which I have ranted elsewhere on this forum.
selfdrive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th January 2013, 11:48   #4937
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
Its good to hear that non IT chaps are also taking cabs now!
Cab taken not out of choice. I'd prefer my trusty Roadking, rain or shine! Its just that desk and workshop are situated worlds apart, and we're required to do this circus everyday. But thats a story for another day.

Cheers,
Rahul
voodoochild is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th January 2013, 12:58   #4938
Senior - BHPian

driving on the wrong side of the road to get across instead of going ahead and taking a u-turn!

KA-03-MN-5075 - gray ANHC:
8-Jan-13 10:00am
Koramangala 4th block

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-_mg_9673.jpg

KA-05-MF-6478 - biege Innova:
8-Jan-13 10:02am
Koramangala 1st block

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-_mg_9674.jpg

and this is a regular sight on 14th Main Indiranagar - parents coming to drop their kids at New Horizon school; don't even bother to stop on the side!!

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-_mg_9672.jpg

Last edited by IronH4WK : 11th January 2013 at 13:01.
Old 11th January 2013, 13:58   #4939
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post
driving on the wrong side of the road to get across instead of going ahead and taking a u-turn!
If I had just one shiny rupee for every time this was attempted outside my house, I too could start my own airline just to go broke in style! Lets see if I can get a few shots of these jokers for this thread soon.

For those who know, this happens between Armament Colony and Sakaalnagar's gate no. 1 on Baner Road in Pune. And to my greatest misfortune, the gate to my apartment is bang in the middle of this suicidal stretch
The caring parents of the Innocent Times playschool don't seem to bother parking their cars too well either. Getting out of my apartment gate becomes a real chore.

And apparently two wrongs make a right, as high-beams seems to be a constant companion of wrong-side.

EDIT:
Quote:
KA-05-MF-6478 - biege Innova:
8-Jan-13 10:02am
Koramangala 1st block
H4WK, that would be 5478

Last edited by voodoochild : 11th January 2013 at 14:01.
Old 11th January 2013, 15:45   #4940
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
H4WK, that would be 5478
I disagree, doubting Thomas!

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-image1295989434.jpg

Time to get 'em specs, eh?

Last edited by IronH4WK : 11th January 2013 at 15:47.
Old 11th January 2013, 16:05   #4941
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post
I disagree, doubting Thomas!

Time to get 'em specs, eh?
Oh nein! I'm too young to get old! Apologies! Thomas shall doubt no more!

But, if I may ask, why are you prowling the streets of Bengaluru photographing the derrieres of large, ungainly Japanese lawbreakers? That too, DSLR and all!
Old 11th January 2013, 17:01   #4942
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Oh nein! I'm too young to get old! Apologies! Thomas shall doubt no more!

But, if I may ask, why are you prowling the streets of Bengaluru photographing the derrieres of large, ungainly Japanese lawbreakers? That too, DSLR and all!
That DSLR is not a gadget/gizmo that IronH4wk carries. It is a limb, part of this body, and probably defines his existence!!
KiloAlpha is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th January 2013, 18:27   #4943
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiloAlpha View Post

That DSLR is not a gadget/gizmo that IronH4wk carries. It is a limb, part of this body, and probably defines his existence!!

It all began many years ago when the gates of Team-BHP were opened for me. it was not long before I bumped into the stickers thread (that's when i started taking pictures). Few days later I bumped into this thread and but God said it was bland. Then God said, let there be pictures and lo there were pictures! On the seventh day God rested and outsourced the task to me! I've been walking this lonely path ever since!

psst.. I think Karthik's explanation makes more sense

On a serious note, i like taking pictures and I have one or the other camera with me almost wherever I go. Contribution to the bad drivers thread is just a byproduct.

Last edited by IronH4WK : 11th January 2013 at 18:35.
IronH4WK is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 11th January 2013, 20:38   #4944
BHPian

Guess what. I know another class of morons.

At a junction, they will-
Use their left indicator to go left.
Use their right indicator to go right.
Use both their indicators to go straight.
Old 11th January 2013, 22:57   #4945
Senior - BHPian

here's one of our members driving on the wrong side of the road to get ahead at the Frazer Town flyover signal this evening:

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-_mg_9719.jpg

shameful!
Old 12th January 2013, 00:37   #4946
Senior - BHPian

Got rear ended today

I am on a 4 laned road ( 2 lanes on each side ) separated by a divider. I am on a signal, in left lane as i have to go straight, As signal turned green, I started driving sedately.

Suddenly, the auto in front of me stops in left lane to catch some passengers. I was around 40 kmph at that time, i have 2 cars gap between me and auto. So, i applied brake and came to halt and after 1 second, I hear a loud THUD. A guy in wagon r, was busy looking elsewhere, so couldn't brake in time and rear ended me.

I saw him coming in my RVM, but i didn't had enough time time to react. I got furious and went down. The guy was not ready to accept mistake and said, why did i applied brakes, After wasting 10 mins. I carried on, as there was no point in arguing with the idiot.

Damage has been done to rear bumper, paint has been chipped off. Thank god nothing major happened. Few days back, a guy in santro ran into my front bumper and now this idiot, took the charge of rear bumper.

Need to get them repainted now
Old 12th January 2013, 01:08   #4947
BHPian

It was 7.30 in the morning on a 2 lane road minus the divider about 3 weeks back. I was about to turn left and there was an i20 at a very far distance behind me. I had to cut into a parking lane and indicated left much in advance and was on the left most lane anyway.
This car approaches me with a loud horn and increases the speed trying to overtake from whatever little space is on the left. He was pretty far behind but his honking got to me and just as I was ready to forgive the idiot for his insanity and refusal to overtake from the right as the road was completely empty with no other traffic in sight he stops his car looks at me and abuses. What was more surprising was that he was old and looked a very decent man.

It was my turn to act like an idiot and I got out of the car to give him a piece of my mind. He scans me as I get down and makes a run for it.

Why do such people exist? Although I must acknowledge getting down to teach him a few manners wasn't a wise decision.
Old 12th January 2013, 09:52   #4948
Team-BHP Support

In my recent trip to Kerala, I noticed that the roads have vastly improved, and so has the urgency of road users. The urge to reach the destination faster has gone into dangerous levels.

Two episodes below:

1) Last Monday – while patiently moving with the slow traffic near the Thrissur Zoo, an unruly tipper truck almost brushed my car and stopped a few meters away, narrowly missing a couple of bikers in front. A couple of minutes later I found myself next to this truck, slightly lowered the window pane and asked the co-passenger (or cleaner in local terms), what’s the urgency to put other road users in risk. Absolutely no reaction and no eye contact. Suddenly the maniac driver saw some space in front, got through there, and somehow passed through the traffic, with the agility of an auto-rickshaw. While doing so, he scratched a brand new Alto 800 in front. No words to describe these callous acts.

2) Wednesday night (around 11pm), back to Cochin airport for the return trip. Our driver was going around 90kmph, and an Ikon 1.8D zipped through the left, and we could see the car going zig-zag on the new 4-lane highway. When we reached the airport, saw the same car just before the departure terminal, with front bumper on the floor, and a dismantled dashboard inside!
Old 12th January 2013, 11:49   #4949
Senior - BHPian

Came across this educated and learned moron today.

Drives an Endy with his family and chottus and still did not have the manners and common sense to match his age and looks.

I was patiently waiting at the toll gate in the left most queue. A tipper with the current political flag barges to my left on the mud, I roll down and ask him where he is trying to go, he gives a look and goes two vehicles ahead and manages to force himself in. Alright, he is uneducated and has a political flag and hence manners is something that is least expected from him. Tailgating him was this moron, I try not letting him in but he uses brute force and barges in just at the barricades before the toll, I lose my cool and ask him to roll his windows down, he does, and I politely ask him in english, 'Don't you know the concept of queues?', he says he just followed the lorry. Fair enough, I said, 'That's fine, but follow the queue, and people waiting before you are not fools'. Pat comes the reply, 'Thanks for the info, would follow it next time' and the moron continues what he was doing. Just let him go, he just spoilt my morning!
Attached Thumbnails
Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-dsc_0210.jpg  

Last edited by DRIV3R : 12th January 2013 at 11:50.
Old 12th January 2013, 12:15   #4950
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
In my recent trip to Kerala, .....reach the destination faster has gone into dangerous levels.
1) .. unruly tipper truck almost brushed my car and stopped a few meters away, narrowly missing a couple of bikers in front....... he scratched a brand new Alto 800 in front. No words to describe these callous acts.
Plus one to that one. Dangerous fellows are the Tipper trucks, Some Eicher Trucks, both of whom drive very dangerously and throwing caution to the winds. Of late I have seen some white painted Eicher trucks at breakneck speed and actions akin to autorickshaws but speeds many notches higher. The third lot is, you don't believe are School Buses. These yellow buses have turned to be another nightmare in the mornings with their exploits.
rajeev k is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks