Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th September 2013, 00:48   #5671
Senior - BHPian

Re: Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
I have stopped posting in BTP site, all they do is put a fine of Rs. 100 which will go unnoticed by the owner. I have seen a post here regarding a BMTC bus which has around 34 violations since 2010 unpaid.
Anyways, I will drop a mail to Bimal. Thanks for the details!
So true. Fines slapped are so less that no one bothers to even pay them. Paying bribe and getting away is easier and cheaper .

Yes, but you could fire Bimal for not taking proper driving lessons for the instructors themselves. Bad driving is one thing, but Teaching bad driving is crime, and should never go un-punished.
You have the vehicle number and time. They should easily find out the instructor of the vehicle at that time and fire him.
Old 23rd September 2013, 12:46   #5672
BHPian

I spotted a Maroon Renault Pulse RXZ on old madras road this morning. This car was stuffed with soft toys on the rear parcel tray. I see many such cars on roads where people place soft toys, cushions etc on rear parcel tray, blocking the whole view through IRVM.

Are people comfortable driving like that? Or they are just driving blindly?
Old 23rd September 2013, 14:34   #5673
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
People are comfortable driving blindly.

We can see when OVRMs are folded: I bet many of those people do not adjust or use their inside RVMs either. Why should they care if the rear window is covered with names, slogans, soft toys, etc if they never look through it?

The don't look, they don't see, they don't care.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2013, 20:26   #5674
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pahwa View Post
I see many such cars on roads where people place soft toys, cushions etc on rear parcel tray, blocking the whole view through IRVM.

Those are the cars you should maintain a safe distance from. Speaking about me, atleast I am not at all comfortable even if I miss the LHS mirror. I am very particular about the RVM adjustments in my car, or in that case, any car I drive.

The day I got the delivery of my car, my sister bought some good nice soft toys and like the example you gave, she wanted to put those on the parcel shelf. That never happened. I too have seen many cars with these on parcel shelf and both RVM's also folded in. I always wonder how these guys manage to keep their cars scratchless!

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 24th September 2013 at 07:53. Reason: Typo mistake corrected
carzone is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th September 2013, 13:00   #5675
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pahwa View Post
I spotted a Maroon Renault Pulse RXZ on old madras road this morning. This car was stuffed with soft toys on the rear parcel tray. blocking the whole view through IRVM. Or they are just driving blindly?
Well they seem to have developed a 7th sense of driving. They are also very sure that you will have an extra pair of eyes and extraordinary driving skills to compensate for what they lack. Most of all their commonsense is also on minus and you have to make up for that also.

Toys are more impt than lives for them.

cheers
Old 25th September 2013, 11:10   #5676
Senior - BHPian

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-image735840563.jpg

This AP registered Ritz ending with 7171 was being very rash and cutting across traffic overtook a 3 wheeler from the left. This 3 wheeler driver swerved to the left to avoid you narrowly missing being rammed from behind by a BMTC bus !

Remove that sticker from your car if this is how you drive daily !
Old 28th September 2013, 00:41   #5677

My first post in tbhp, and what a friday night!

Topic: How a drunken/messed up driver was brought down.

We live in Bangalore, BSK 3rd stage to be exact.
All times mentioned below are approximate.

9:45PM: I just had my dinner and was about to go to bed. I saw a Temp trax without lights trying to take a right turn in a narrow lane near my house, but he couldnt, he tried to backup but couldnt put reverse gear too since it was slipping. After a while he manages to pull in to reverse and go straight dangerously close to the street parked vehicles, almost hitting them. I grow suspicious on his driving manner

9:50PM: The same Tempo trax comes in again from the corner, i thought "what the ****", this time he bangs an open gate of a house and nearly misses hitting a neighbor woman who was parking her two wheeler inside, he is driving all over the place. Now i know this is a druken driver and the moment he passed, i was feeling guilty that i could do nothing about this maniac. All i could see was a KA-34 registration. Some of the neighbors heard the sound (of the gate banging) and came out and were discussing what happened with the woman who missed bieng hit by the tempo trax

9:53PM: The maniac is back!, he is apparently going around in circles and has chosen our street to be his hit&run track!. I cant take this anymore. At the same time two good samaritans are trying to disable the truck by pulling the keys out etc. but the drunk is relentless. The truck just disappears with a few people chasing it on feet!. Now i am pissed off, i frantically search for the key to my wife's two-wheeler and without putting even any footwear, i am now in pursuit on bare feet.

9:55PM: After two minutes i meet the good samaritan en-route who is still chasing the tempo trax on feet but losing the chase. He managed to grab hold of the tempo's key (which he showed me) but strangely the tempo trax is still running like crazy. I ask him how can it be running without the key?

I take the good samaritan on my pillion and off we go beating war drums (I mean screaming and warning people ahead). Hearing our voices, the drunk races ahead and bangs a gate of a house again. The gate (about 10 feet wide) falls like a deck of cards, however the truck just changed direction with the impact (in the drunks favor) and drives away and the pursuit is still on. We decide not to scream since he will speed up and cause an accident or something. So we decide to have a silent pursuit and catch him in traffic ahead.

After about a half KM later, he nearly misses running over a couple of bikers, the bikers are take by surprise, we quickly give them the update and they follow the pursuit too. We enter Katriguppe main road, the tempo trax is now stuck in traffic (after bumping into a vehicle), but nobody except 3 or 4 of us know that this is a hit and run vehicle. Everybody is concerned about reaching their home a few minutes early. My pillion rider opens the door of the truck and i pull out the maniac. He falls on the ground and cannot even sit or see straight. There was a huge traffic jam, Less than a minute later a couple of cops came out of nowhere and they took control of the situation.

I could have played safe by staying indoors with my family, but i didnt want to. I just couldnt let a drunk maniac driving recklessly around in my neighborhood who could be back tommorow if not caught today.
kishgator is offline   (44) Thanks
Old 28th September 2013, 07:02   #5678
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kishgator View Post

We live in Bangalore, BSK 3rd stage to be exact.
All times mentioned below are approximate.
What a horrible experience in the end of a hectic week. It is good that few Samaritans, including you chased that moron and could put an end to his mad run. Kudos. Else he would have continued his journey in the same manner.
MaxTorque is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2013, 12:01   #5679
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kishgator View Post
Welcome to the forum and what what a way to introduce yourself. I think you did the right thing and wish every citizen is also concerned about the safety of others as well and help them in the need of the hour!

Good show mate and take care.
sumathindra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2013, 20:18   #5680
BHPian

Today while going to office in Office Cab around 1:50 PM, I saw madness of Hyundai I20 Car Driver to commit dangerous act ( I would say Suicide). On ORR, just after Banaswadi Underpass (towards Hennur side), two trucks (2-axle & 3-axle) were plying occupying Fast lane and Middle Lane respectively. Due to trucks proximity to each other, this guy in I20 (Regd. :KA03-ML-690) was not able to overtake them and was blaring Horn like maniac. Our Cab Driver was following the truck in middle lane with safe distance. Hyundai I20 car guy was frustrated so much that he all of sudden decided to overtake truck from Left side ( Slow Lane) and then overtook the truck in Middle Lane and then suddenly applied braked in the middle of road ( his speed must be 70 Km/Hr) and that too in front of Truck. Luckily, truck Driver was able to brake in time and then I20 guy sped off on ORR towards Hebbal. We were shocked to see such a madness, which could have resulted in injury/loss of life to that guy only. Its really sad to see such kind of nonsense frustrated people, who do not care about their life. By his looks he seems to be educated, but for sure even an illiterate won't take similar action endangering his own life.
Old 1st October 2013, 23:54   #5681
BHPian

On a day that had relatively less traffic, this is what I encounter a couple of turns before I hit Graphite India road (road leading from ORR to Graphite India road).

There was nothing to do, but sit back and wait.

All this because some people think that they and their time is more important/valuable than other's.
Attached Thumbnails
Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-20131001_091607optimized.jpg  

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-20131001_091728optimized.jpg  

Old 3rd October 2013, 13:03   #5682
BHPian

To the not-so-gentleman driving black alto with reg no. DL3C AG XXXX- wait for others in front of you to move when in a queue. Do not jump the queue and block others coming in opposite direction. Also, if you suddenly decide that you are the only one smart and others are idiots waiting in line, try to check your rear view mirror (oh, get one first) to make sure no 2-wheelers passing next to you have to take evasive measures to save themselves.

If you cant do the above, please get rid of the "TEAM-BHP" stickers on your ride.
D-nav is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2013, 18:37   #5683
BHPian

in Hyderabad, anyone else noticed an Innova with play station portable placed on top of internal rear view mirror. the PSP was facing the driver and some movie playing on it. driver was all alone so it was not for entertaining others
Old 4th October 2013, 01:02   #5684
Distinguished - BHPian

Here's one of the worst parking examples ever!

Parking as if he owns the place --- although, as pointed out on that thread, maybe he does!
Old 4th October 2013, 02:34   #5685
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

My daily commute to college was about 20kms 6 months back, But as i changed my house it has reduced to 10kms. I everyday encounter the following-
1. Auto-rickshaws- For them turn signals are mere showpieces i wonder if they have ever used them. You honk hard at one or just respond to his words. He will catch you remove your 2-wheelers keys and call his fellow rick drivers. All of them will harass you to the maximum level possible(had a personal experience when i was using the activa, fortunately the people around me on 2-wheelers scolded him and he left).
2. Girls on gearless scooters- They have a right to do anything with their talibani scraf's on. They would come in the wrong way, you say anything and the intensity of their hungama is terrible. Turn signals are used only on when they feel like using them(you see girls are moody). The other slow pokes of this kind on the right lanes with their headphones on are the worst because either are they talking to their bf's or listening to songs and kind of dancing. You will rarely find them with their helmets on.
3. Dudes on bikes- Black Ray Ban's and Open shirt buttons or jacket and the dude is usually found riding a 220/bullet/R15.etc They are usually found swinging across lanes until they encounter a 100-110cc gearless scooter with a female on it. Suddenly they decide to be sedate or probably even worsen at times. Helmets? oho their hair style is spoiled so please such things are out of question.
4. Cabbies- A yellow plate bearing indicab/tavera/sumo is injurious to health. Loud music, mirrors closed and swinging across lanes. Maintaining a distance from them is the best thing you can do for your own betterment.

These are the major mess creators. We also have the PMT's, Tempo's.etc creating problems, but they are still less. Before i used to honk or probably show them their mistake but nothing changed infact i kept getting frustrated, so now i just honk loudly when it is beyond my patience and leave it. I sometimes come via the highway and to add to this list we have the 6-seaters there. I still find the truckers better than all others on the highways. They do use turn signals while changing lanes and do give space to other highway users whenever possible.

Last edited by asit.kulkarni93 : 4th October 2013 at 02:40.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks