Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st October 2013, 13:22   #5806
BHPian

Re: Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em

hi , what if cars sporting team bhp stickers are driven in a rash manner or are found breaking traffic rules , we all are a part of responsible community and should abide by the traffic rules. On 3 instances I have found T-BHP cars violating the rules??????
I urge my fellow bhpians to be responsible and lead by example to other motorists on the roas as well.
behaln is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st October 2013, 14:02   #5807
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by behaln View Post
hi , what if cars sporting team bhp stickers are driven in a rash manner or are found breaking traffic rules , we all are a part of responsible community and should abide by the traffic rules. On 3 instances I have found T-BHP cars violating the rules?????? I urge my fellow bhpians to be responsible and lead by example to other motorists on the roas as well.
Not all those who sport Team-BHP stickers are BHPians. More often than not when you find someone violating the traffic rules, it's a non BHPian. Not that BHPians don't break traffic rules, but it's a rarity at least from what I've seen.

Last edited by noopster : 31st October 2013 at 14:32. Reason: Fixed quote tag
Old 31st October 2013, 14:16   #5808
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gansan View Post
A police has has been registered against him for attempting to run over a RTO official and he is on bail.

Refer the news paper clipping a few posts up.
Oh sorry... there I go again, reacting to half information.

Thanks for correcting
Old 2nd November 2013, 12:04   #5809
BHPian

Today came across another bad driver in Pune. We both were on Old Mumbai-Pune road. I was following the right most lane and he was moving parallel to me on left lane. Suddenly I noticed that his Golden Toyota Innova (Mumbai registered) coming closer to my car in dangerous manner. He was reading/watching something on his mobile while driving. I honked and suddenly he noticed that his car is too close to mine.
Old 2nd November 2013, 13:31   #5810
Senior - BHPian

Two stellar examples of very bad parking:

Name:  ForumRunner_20131102_132405.png
Views: 1214
Size:  795.4 KB

Name:  ForumRunner_20131102_132358.png
Views: 1280
Size:  742.1 KB

OT: I liked those Hellas on the Alto
Old 2nd November 2013, 13:39   #5811
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by silversteed View Post

Both should be nominated for Worst Parking Awards.

I too like the Hellas on Alto. In my opinion, he should have placed them on the roof.
Old 2nd November 2013, 15:40   #5812
BHPian

Quote:
Two stellar examples of very bad parking: OT: I liked those Hellas on the Alto
Looks like they have tied Alto to Hellas.

Hellas are bigger than also.
Old 2nd November 2013, 16:01   #5813
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

OT Is this by any chance in Madikeri (Coorg)?
Old 4th November 2013, 18:54   #5814
BHPian

Today came across another bad driver, again it's a Toyota Innova. The vehicle belongs to some babu I guess. It had a red beacon on dashboard. Those who traveled on Old Mumbai-Pune road may be aware of Nashik Phata Junction, this vehicle was coming from Nashik and was supposed to travel to Mumbai. He entered wrong lane which is leading to Pune and came just opposite to oncoming traffic. I think only dumbest of dumbest can make such a mistake. As I was on right lane, I flashed headlight and he suddenly realized his mistake and some how managed to take U-turn and parked just behind me.

I was waiting for signal and he does not have patience, and kept on honking. Sensing his impatience, I moved my vehicle few meters ahead and he proceeded without waiting for signal. His number plate was hidden by a garland, which he might have put for puja ceremony.
Old 5th November 2013, 00:50   #5815
Distinguished - BHPian

Biker, ignoring a red signal, and beeping at other bikers, who have right of way, to get out of his way. I wonder if this guy even notices signals!
Old 5th November 2013, 10:33   #5816
Senior - BHPian

I came across a blockhead i10 driver, KA-xx-N-6394. This nincompoop was honking incessantly and using high-beams while tailgating me on Bangalore-Mysore highway at night. Interestingly, he was not able to pick the gaps and move ahead, for some reason known only to him. After a while I slowed down to a crawl and went to the shoulder, to let him pass. Now, I let him taste his own medicine for a couple of kilometres. Whenever I was directly behind that imbecile, I switched to high-beams. Gave me some sort of sadistic pleasure as my eyes had started hurting very bad. After a while, I passed him without any trouble. Noticed that he finally found the low-beam position of the HL stalk, and also learnt how to use indicators which, he would've mistaken as fancy christmas lights fitted on the four sides

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxTorque View Post
Both should be nominated for Worst Parking Awards.
Razzie awards would be a better option

Quote:
I too like the Hellas on Alto. In my opinion, he should have placed them on the roof
Please, don't give that imbecile ideas

Quote:
Originally Posted by 500ContyCruiser View Post
Looks like they have tied Alto to Hellas
You have a point!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
OT Is this by any chance in Madikeri (Coorg)?
Yes it is

Last edited by silversteed : 5th November 2013 at 10:46.
Old 5th November 2013, 11:04   #5817
BHPian

While traveling on Palm beach Road, a yellow plate Etios LIVA honked the hell out of me on a red light signal. I held my ground & did not budge. Once it was green, allowed him to overtake. Regrettably, evil side of mine took over. Thereafter, tailed him for a short distance and honked / flashed him. Realized the futility of it and soon gave up. Hope to not repeat this behavior again.
Old 5th November 2013, 11:42   #5818
BHPian

Viman Nagar, Pune.

BMW pulls over to the wrong side at a narrow junction, completely blocking my way as I was attempting a left turn. Reason: the guy wants to purchase some flowers from the stall int the left corner, and just doesnt have enough patience to park the car properly and and get out of the car to do this. Sits in the car, waves the flower seller to come over, and pays no attention to my honks .

I had to finally move past him by getting into the opposite lane, slightly inconviencing a bus coming in the opposite direction. Decided not to confront - what is the point.

Last edited by Bigzero : 5th November 2013 at 11:53.
Old 5th November 2013, 11:45   #5819
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigzero View Post
Viman Nagar, Pune.

BMW pulls over to the wrong side at a narrow junction, completely blocking my way as I was attempting a left turn. Reason: the guy wants to purchase some flowers from the stall int the left corner, and just dont have enough patience to park the car properly and and get out of the car to do this. Sits in the car, waves the flower seller to come over, and pays no attention to my honks .

I had to finally move past him by getting into the opposite lane, slightly inconviencing a bus coming in the opposite direction. Decided not to confront - what is the point.
You should have given him a flower with a note "Get Well Soon" and gone off . Buying a BMW made him think he owns the road, its funny how folks mindset changes with the kind of cars they purchase. They should be made to watch Top Gear thrashing the big brand cars.
motomaverick is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th November 2013, 16:04   #5820
Senior - BHPian

Courteous driving invites the wrath of some people here.

Today, I am driving on the BTM lake road. Traffic was a bit sluggish, so I stopped to let a couple of cars in the opposite side turn right (cutting across me). Mr. Duster behind me instantly started honking and flashing and being super aggressive. At one point, he almost rear ended me when I slowed down for a speed breaker. In the end, he was still behind me at the next signal - I maintained 40-50 kmph speed and he simply could not get past. Gave me the dirts when he finally got past me at the signal.
I guess he thought he taught me a lesson!
KiloAlpha is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks