Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th December 2013, 17:14   #5926
BHPian

Re: Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em

Quote:
Originally Posted by sohail99 View Post
Even more chaos owing to bad drivers and completely useless management of traffic on DGE Toll!
Good one friend. I enjoyed the siblings rivalry of Toyota Innova and Etios. If you don't mind can you do a favor by mentioning the highlights timings? Because it's difficult to watch full length videos.
MaxTorque is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th December 2013, 18:07   #5927
BHPian

Watch the video fully. I don't know what to say of this rider. is he drunk? is he a learner? is he an idiot? I am not sure to which category he belongs except that I was laughing

ashkamath is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th December 2013, 22:07   #5928
Distinguished - BHPian

We have seen that one before, and detective work suggests that it is China, not India --- but they sure seem to have a lot of the same problems. So many accidents in one junction. Incredible.

I do wonder if he ever got out of that hole alive. I'm really not sure whether to hope so ...or not.
Old 5th December 2013, 16:37   #5929
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxTorque View Post
Good one friend. I enjoyed the siblings rivalry of Toyota Innova and Etios. If you don't mind can you do a favor by mentioning the highlights timings? Because it's difficult to watch full length videos.
Sorry for that!

Will keep that in mind! Thanks!

But, I only try to put the parts, where queue jumping and bad driving is happening in the videos that I post.

The last 20min video, was full of bad driving and complete chaos, each and every second of it!
Old 6th December 2013, 18:22   #5930
BHPian

Today while driving across a very bad stretch of road, there was this biker who suddenly moved left into my lane. He was so close that I had to bang my foot on the brake and palm on the horn with equal might to save his precious life and catch his attention. On listening to me honking he got mad at me and started abusing. I got closer and suggested to him that he atleast checks out his rear view mirrors before making any such move, and that his manoeuvre could have been dangerous only for him. Then was the biggest surprise I could get, he stormed back at me saying, "Look at the condition of the road, there was a pothole I was avoiding. If you are so concerned get that repaired first".
swarooppatil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th December 2013, 19:38   #5931
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 500ContyCruiser View Post
This lady should top the Bad Drivers nominee list
God save people from her!
Looks like this video was removed from YouTube. Anyone has replacement link?

Last edited by Eddy : 7th December 2013 at 14:44. Reason: Please do not quote videos in your post. It hampers readability for our small screen users. Thanks
Old 7th December 2013, 21:55   #5932
BHPian

Today I came across the worst driver I have encountered till date.
I was driving on the Trichy Tanjore bypass and I notice a Hyundai Eon driving in the middle of the road,hogging both the lanes. I was on the right lane so I just honked and this guy moved to the left after holding me up for about 5 minutes, Ok no problem I come across such idiots everyday. Now I am almost 3/4 past that guy and I notice a block on the left lane and since I was on the right lane cruising at around 60kph continued on, but this Eon guy just swerved into my lane coming very close to my left fender I hand to simultaneously brake, honk and swerve very close to the divider to avoid a hit. Now for the best part after he crosses I catch upto him with me fuming from my nostrils and this guy has the audacity to scold me even after he was the one that almost caused an accident. I still wonder why does the RTO give a license to every single idiot on the road.
P.S. I had just driven down from Chennai to Trichy and visted a few places in and around Trichy and was tired after clocking about 450kms and being behind the wheel for 7+hours and that is what saved that guy from getting a good lecture from me.
To all BHPians : I am 19 years old and I have noticed in the past 1 1/2 years that I have driven that these morons on the road who commit a mistake always try to blame me just cause I am young dude driving. Why do people have this attitude or is it just pure ego?

Last edited by Shanksta : 7th December 2013 at 21:56.
Old 7th December 2013, 22:51   #5933
Distinguished - BHPian

Maybe you notice it because, at your age, most of the other drivers are older than you, but it isn't really to do with age, it is a culture of never being wrong. Yes, I suppose that is a kind of ego.
Thad E Ginathom is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 8th December 2013, 11:56   #5934
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Maybe you notice it because, at your age, most of the other drivers are older than you, but it isn't really to do with age, it is a culture of never being wrong. Yes, I suppose that is a kind of ego.
Actually I am very conscious of every move I make while driving, because the general perception when it comes to a young adult (<21) behind the wheel of a vehicle is "look there goes another immature moron",thanks in no small part to many other bad drivin' youngsters. That is why I tend to notice most of these egoistic looks and remarks.

Last edited by Shanksta : 8th December 2013 at 11:58.
Shanksta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th December 2013, 12:28   #5935
BHPian

Came across a two wheeler rider with a baby in his lap. The baby was seated opposite to the rider and he/she was in deep sleep. Whenever he applies brake, the baby moves forward slightly. The rider was struggling to take care of many things at same time. Don't know how a parent can gamble with his child's life.
MaxTorque is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th December 2013, 12:35   #5936
BHPian

I'm afraid of young couples in love behind the wheel of a car or a bike. They are apprehensive of traffic rules as their mind is not on driving, they can veer of to the side or drive slow middle of the road causing frustration to other road users. If the couple is young, say a teenage boy, we've got ourselves a hero here. He's gonna rev his bike or car long and hard probably even has a loud after market exhaust attached. He will accelerate on small and empty roads and thanks to his young age will think he's invincible and will never fall of bike this is also accompanied by a thought that he is super tough guy and will pick up a fight needlessly with every one who crosses his path.

Tips on identifying them.

Lovers: they will hold hands, the girl may be clenching her boy tightly giving the boy an uplifting to push his bike to the limit, they will be lost, they will be laughing, they will mostly just ignore you even if you honk at them

Young teenagers going to pick up their girls: this one is easy. He will most likely wear a hood, won't wear a helmet, will be seated a bit relaxed position and not the regular upright position, will have tattoos as a part of some 'gang', spike hair, hand bands, a loud aftermarket exhaust, his turns will be sudden, his lean angles will be very low, will honk continuously.

Tips on handling them.

Lovers: keep your distance

Young boys: keep your distance!
D'Artagnan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th December 2013, 01:55   #5937
BHPian

Had two unnerving experiences over the past couple of days.

The day before- was driving from the aga khan palace side towards nagar on the highway. I intended to take the turn towards airport road. People who drive here will know that there is the dumb BRT being made making life hell for almost everyone here. Anyways cut to the chase. I put on my indicators about 20 metres before the turn. (Turning left). Check my Rvm and left ORVM and I see this biker on a splendor trying to squeeze into the non existent space between my car and the temporary divider -and he was going straight!!! I brake but am already committed to the turn and stop while this guy bangs into the left rear door, thankfully only his bike handle, almost loses his balance and somehow drives on. In the heat of the moment I gave him an earful ( frankly a couple inches here or there and it could have been worse, for the chap who wasn't even wearing a helmet). He stopped looked at me and said I honked, you should have stopped. I was like are you serious! Just told him to ride safe my car can be repaired a cracked skull cannot. Luckily I always drive with my ORVM open or I would hand not seen him and probably crushed him against the divider. I just don't understand why can't people stick to lane driving. Also why speed up on intersections, turns when not required! Looking as I was turning with my indicators on almost 20 seconds before I turned why couldn't he just slow down and wait for me to pass! What's the hurry to lose ones life?

Today while returning from office, near the Chandan Nagar police station intersection was stuck behind a santro. The chap was driving extremely slow and holding up traffic. He even braked erratically almost causing a Tavera to crash into him. The road ahead was wide open. I flashed my lights once. The car stood there in the middle of the intersection. And all of sudden he puts the car in reverse! I was about 1 car length behind him when this happened and this chap keeps reversing! I honked once then stood on it ( along with a couple of other cars) and this chap goes 'bang' into the front of my car. Luckily it happened at a slow speed. Phew! He then crossed the intersection and pulled over to the side. I was going to give him an earful when I saw that he was smirking as if he did something great. Oh the audacity of that chap! I didn't stop as I didn't want to block traffic and also didn't want to lose my temper ( was in a nice mood). Well I just shudder to think if it was a kid on a bike instead of my car when this chap pulled this stunt could have led to a bigger accident as there are lots of heavy vehicles on this stretch.
Old 20th December 2013, 07:22   #5938
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by torquecurve View Post
I just don't understand why can't people stick to lane driving. Also why speed up on intersections, turns when not required! Looking as I was turning with my indicators on almost 20 seconds before I turned why couldn't he just slow down and wait for me to pass! What's the hurry to lose ones life?
Bikers have their own rules to follow while they are on road. I have came across bikers who keep on trying to overtake from the left when I have already turned on my left indicators.

The roads are too crowded in Pune and on top of that our local authorities are bringing BRTS (Bus Rapid Transit System). The project is in the implement phase for the last 2-3 years. The bus shelters have been made on the right side ( or between highway and service roads) of the road. Any clue why they did not go with current system (bus stop on the left side).
Old 20th December 2013, 11:15   #5939
BHPian

An invitation for Accidents

Hi folks,

We witness so many strange things on Indian roads on daily basis. However, I was wondering if some people knowingly invite trouble for themselves. They themselves give invitation to accidents and then blame the authorities for not enforcing laws.

I came across two such instances,

A) The guy on a scooter carries balls almost every week and passes through the Sarita Vihar (Delhi) take Kalindi Kunj to reach Noida. I have come across this guy so many times.

B) In the second case, these people have an Langoor as a pillion rider. Little did they realize that if at all the languor jumps it can cause an accident. I witnessed this on my way to airport Terminal-3.

What can be done, if people not only expose themselves to dangerous situations but put the other commuters to risk as well.

My purpose of opening this thread is to request members to post pictures where they feel people invite accidents and risk themselves.

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-team-bhp3.jpg

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-team-bhp4.jpg

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-team-bhp1.jpg

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-team-bhp2.jpg

Request to Mods: Though I have tried hard to search the threads, but I couldn't figure out a thread like this. If such a thread exists, please merge this with that.
mints21 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2013, 20:07   #5940
Senior - BHPian

Re: An invitation for Accidents

Quote:
Originally Posted by mints21 View Post
B) In the second case, these people have an Langoor as a pillion rider. Little did they realize that if at all the languor jumps it can cause an accident. I witnessed this on my way to airport Terminal-3.
Do they realize they are carrying a monkey or the monkey is hitchhiking a ride? The monkey has a baby too. Quite funny, this must also feature in the jokes thread.
msdivy is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks