Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th November 2013, 10:21   #5911
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soumyajit9 View Post
I have felt that if the AC is on for a longer time, in re-circulation mode, it causes drowsiness.
That is correct Saumya. In recirculation mode, the oxygen levels reduce because there is hardly any intake of fresh air from outside which makes one drowsy and less attentive due to increasing levels of CO2.
Hence, always toggle between fresh air & circulation mode every few minutes, esp. on longer drives.

Regards,
Saket
Old 27th November 2013, 13:59   #5912
Distinguished - BHPian

There is no point in recirculation mode unless the outside temperature is very high, or the outside air is very polluted.

For many of us, this is the case on most days, but not all India has all-year summer.
Old 28th November 2013, 10:10   #5913
Senior - BHPian

A Toyota Etios VxD. Driven by a moron today morning on Tavarekere Road, he just cut me across on purpose and I was pissed off, showed him the gesture, he was actually eager in watching my reaction after he cut me in his IRVM.

He then parked the car on the middle of the road, turned off his car, took the keys, and comes towards my car huffing and puffing. I ask what and he bluffs some expletives in the regional language. I stay composed and say, 'Come to the police station if you dare'. Meanwhile, the vehicles behind start honking and this moron goes and take his car out of the way and starts driving the same way.

I come to office and check his number on BTIS and am not surprised that he has couple of unsettled violations on his name.
Old 28th November 2013, 14:17   #5914
BHPian

This lady should top the Bad Drivers nominee list

God save people from her!
500ContyCruiser is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 28th November 2013, 14:57   #5915
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 500ContyCruiser View Post
This is a post worth for our official joke thread

Cramps, Cramps. I can't stop laughing.

Cheers!

Last edited by myavu : 28th November 2013 at 14:59.
Old 28th November 2013, 15:29   #5916
Distinguished - BHPian

It's a good joke --- but ridiculous stuff can happen to anyone.

Only yesterday, I got out of my car to check the correct tire pressures (on a sticker inside the fuel filler cover) and the car started to roll towards the vehicle having its tires inflated before me. Would have made a very funny video (not for me though!) if I hadn't jumped back for the handbrake in time.

But... would it have been any less funny because I'm not a woman?
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2013, 19:03   #5917
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Was riding a 2 wheeler and switched on the turn indicator in advance before making a right turn (and verified on the RVM that no one was behind me) but just as I'd partially made the turn, I felt something wrong - a vehicle very close to me.

It was another 2 wheeler so I just stopped for a moment and he moved a little away from me to almost extreme right side of the road, zoomed past and quickly moved to the left side of the road in front of me, a dangerous manouevre scary now to even think about it since it happened so fast!
Old 28th November 2013, 19:09   #5918
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 500ContyCruiser View Post

God save people from her!
Looks like she just came out of the circus ring. Look at her reaction after the crash landing.
Old 28th November 2013, 19:13   #5919
BHPian

I was riding my Duke 390 returning home from a long coastal ride and after entering Goa ( narrow roads), I slowed down as there was a state bus ahead of me laboring around a blind left curve very slowly because there was a slow moving loaded tempo in front of the bus. It was a blind curve but having known the roads since long, I decided to tread carefully behind the bus and slowly tried to glide pass the pass on its right side. At that very juncture, the state bus suddenly swerved to its right completely blocking my route and I hit the brake hard coming to a stand still and lost balance momentarily and to my utter surprise I find an Alto ( karnataka regn) trying to overtake me from left and almost hitting me. I managed to regain composure and slowly nudged behind the bus even though the left side was wide open. Slowly the bus gave way and I over took him from his right and to my surprise the Alto was racing from the left of bus, over took me from my left and sped off.

I was thinking like, I am riding a motorcycle and still overtaking on the right and this 4 wheeler is racing past on the left without a damn or horn or whatso ever added with lots of screaming from the passengers. Just a thought for them to be safe crossed my mind as I eased my throttle
Old 29th November 2013, 03:45   #5920
Distinguished - BHPian

An aside...

I spend a lot of my driving time cursing two-wheelers. It is very interesting to read some of the stuff here as experienced by two wheelers, both with regard to other bikers and to larger vehicles.

No offence to the good bikers. I know you guys are out there. Trouble is, nobody ever notices the good drivers, because good driving is wonderfully uneventful and unnoticeable
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 29th November 2013, 08:28   #5921
Senior - BHPian

I wish I was a mind reader or Leonardo from Inception to get into the minds of these bad riders.

This happened on the 8th Main & the Inner Ring road junction near Koramangala 6th Block. People who travel often on this road will know how some folks take the wrong lane to get ahead of folks towards the junction when you are coming from 3rd Block side wanting to take the right onto the Inner Ring road.

On one such occasion lovely evening I with wife & kid driving on this road came to the junction to take the right with half of the car already over the zebra crossing when an immortal rider and his pillion comes from the other side of the divider and takes a left, right in front of my bumper. I had to brake, showed my irritation with a loud honk but then who cares.

So that brings us to the first line of this post. What really runs through the mind of these folks, don't they have families to go back to? I know if I had hit the rider the blame would have been on me even though he was wrong but blames apart arent these folks scared that some day the same stunt in front of someone not really noticing much can end up in a hospital. Its like beaitng a dead horse.
Old 29th November 2013, 12:18   #5922
BHPian

On the 26th I was driving in heavy traffic and was on the left most lane behind a DTC Bus on a 3 lane road. I was maintaining a good enough distance, not too close yet ensuring not too far either for the benefit of those behind me. Since DTC buses do tend to halt suddenly and when driving behind them you have no idea of what's in front of the bus it is only safe to maintain distance.

What really annoyed me repeatedly were bikers who would over-take me from the left and then pop up in front of my car almost touching the bumper of the bus and the front bumper of my car and start swerving to the right to see if they could over-take. If not, they would again come back towards the left. All this while I have my foot on the brake. This happened with atleast 5-6 different bikes. If because of those idiots I have no time to react and hit them I'd be the one in trouble for their mistake. While fuming with windows closed I honked and this biker asks me if I'm too much of a hurry and I replied saying not really, unlike you I am not a suicide mission. He didn't bother to argue anymore and continued with his left right tactics.

I finally got frustrated and had to change lanes to maintain my sanity and to avoid an accident. 10 minutes later there was a massive traffic jam and the biker who argued with me and others like him were literally climbing a high pavement and fellow bikers were helping in the lifting process as if its an unwritten 'bro-code' to not follow any traffic rules. I don't think they will ever learn.
Old 4th December 2013, 15:01   #5923
Senior - BHPian

Even more chaos owing to bad drivers and completely useless management of traffic on DGE Toll!

sohail99 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th December 2013, 15:56   #5924
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sohail99 View Post
Even more chaos owing to bad drivers and completely useless management of traffic on DGE Toll!
OMG! the comedy of it! one needs a car like in the Death Race to drive in these conditions

btw, the 550GW got two cameras?
Old 4th December 2013, 16:34   #5925
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post
OMG! the comedy of it! one needs a car like in the Death Race to drive in these conditions

btw, the 550GW got two cameras?
Yea its a 2Channel dvr.
Full HD up front and HD rear cam.

Install is completely stealth. I also use a Anypower Li-ion battery pack to power it when I am not in the car.
sohail99 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks