Search this Thread
Old 2nd December 2017, 08:04   #9826
Senior - BHPian

Re: Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em

Quote:
Originally Posted by tilt View Post

I challenge anone here to top that story
Challenge accepted.

On the highway from Krishnagiri to Salem, passed a Laura. The driver was carrying a baby in his left arm and speaking into a mobile with the other hand. There was no one else in the car.

He was probably steering with his elbow and knees - I can't think of any other way.

I stopped at the next police patrol car sighting a few kilometres down the road and briefed them what was happening back there in the Laura.

This doesn't fall under the category of bad, more towards stupid or suicidal. While I have seen several bad drivers, this one tops my list.

I hope I don't see anyone worse than this.

Last edited by AMG Power : 2nd December 2017 at 08:25.
AMG Power is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2017, 21:57   #9827
Senior - BHPian

Few from my end.

1. Biker criss crossing on the wrong end

2. The bus driver goes from extreme left to right. Also spot the vehicles crossing the zebra crossing and stopping to the left of the video while the people on the right side of the video stand behind the white line.

3. At Jayanagar 4th block people double park on a road which is already small and lots of people walk. Also spot signal jumpers at the end.

Old 4th December 2017, 10:16   #9828
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harsh79 View Post
"Life is precious", is it?
Sorry, but the only thing I could focus on in the entire video was the extremely crisp cutoff from the Mini H1 7.0

On a serious note, you’ll get to see countless daredevils on two wheelers riding on the wrong side of the road in order to save time by taking the shorter & more unsafe route in New Delhi.
There have been many instances where I have had cars blocking my way, as they were traveling on the wrong side of the road, just so that they wouldn’t have to make a u-turn from an intersection a couple of hundred metres away.
AShubrah is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th December 2017, 11:21   #9829
BHPian

In the first picture, the helmet seems to be to protect his elbow!

In the second picture, this person did not care to look behind before moving out from a standstill! A case of "the road ahead is clear, and hence good to move out and ride on!"
Attached Thumbnails
Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-helmet-elbow.jpg  

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-biker-pulling-out-left-without-looking-behind1.jpg  

Old 6th December 2017, 11:22   #9830
BHPian

Today I had a very narrow escape from a very stupid Innova driver who was on the extreme right side on a blind turn. I am a regular on this stretch and know the kind of idiots who are rampant on these roads, so I am always slow and with a foot on the brakes at these turns, which is what saved me today. I could not curse that guy as my windows were up and also that chap drove away in a hurry. All is well that ends well.

sparky@home is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th December 2017, 12:21   #9831
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky@home View Post
Today I had a very narrow escape from a very stupid Innova driver who was on the extreme right side on a blind turn.
Maybe we can blame it on the black cat (or mongoose) that crossed your path in the first few seconds of the video.

Where is this? Almost every other turn seems like a blind turn and most drivers seem to drive a bit fast for such roads.
Old 6th December 2017, 12:36   #9832
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post

Where is this? Almost every other turn seems like a blind turn and most drivers seem to drive a bit fast for such roads.
Typical inner Kerala roads, this. Curvy and blind and most of the people are regular users of the road and drive fast since they know the roads well.
I did most of my initial driving on roads such as these in Kerala and it helped in fine tuning my driving quite a bit.
tharian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th December 2017, 12:42   #9833
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
Maybe we can blame it on the black cat (or mongoose) that crossed your path in the first few seconds of the video.

The road seems to be very familiar, and sparky@home’s location says KL-08 which is Thrissur
Imagine rampant private buses popping at every 5 minutes at those blind turns!
vb-saan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th December 2017, 16:44   #9834
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
The road seems to be very familiar, and sparky@home’s location says KL-08 which is Thrissur
Imagine rampant private buses popping at every 5 minutes at those blind turns!
This is the road from Amala Hospital to Pavarty/Chavakad/Guruvayur, very busy
Arterial road. Unfortunately senseless driving is rampant and would seem to be the rule rather than the exception. Infact on my way back from town, i had a near miss with an Auto Driver.
sparky@home is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th December 2017, 10:49   #9835
BHPian

Here are 2 instances of those who are expected to frame the law and to enforce them muscling their way into traffic.

Here is one where a car sporting a flag of a political party unwilling to wait for their signal to turn green.
Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-political-party-vehicle-unwilling-wait-turn-right-into-usman-road.jpg

A car that identifies itself as belonging to the law enforcement wants to make a right turn where it is not permitted to. Not only is this person breaking the law, their act is followed by others who follow suit. All this right under the noses of a policeman who is generally present at this junction (though not visible in this picture)
Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-cop-vehicle-wants-make-illegal-right-turn.jpg
swissknife is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th December 2017, 12:15   #9836
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swissknife View Post
Here are 2 instances of those who are expected to frame the law and to enforce them muscling their way into traffic.

The second one does not belong to law enforcement, it looks like someone has stuck the sticker on their personal vehicle to do exactly what they are doing
Old 7th December 2017, 14:38   #9837
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arvind71181 View Post
The second one does not belong to law enforcement, it looks like someone has stuck the sticker on their personal vehicle to do exactly what they are doing
It may not be an official vehicle, but the owner could be a cop. I have seen ex servicemen sticking small stickers on their cars, saying ARMY, NAVY etc, though it has no value.
Old 8th December 2017, 01:00   #9838
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I have seen ex servicemen sticking small stickers on their cars, saying ARMY, NAVY etc, though it has no value.
Ex/serving servicemen... and anyone else who feels like it? I wonder if a) it carries any weight or privilege, and, b) if anyone ever checks!
Old 8th December 2017, 09:45   #9839
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Ex/serving servicemen... and anyone else who feels like it? I wonder if a) it carries any weight or privilege, and, b) if anyone ever checks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky@home View Post
It may not be an official vehicle, but the owner could be a cop. I have seen ex servicemen sticking small stickers on their cars, saying ARMY, NAVY etc, though it has no value.
They do carry some 'weight'. I have seen cars with such stickers sail past toll booths. They also get preferential treatment when there is a traffic pile up or when they jump a red signal (at least in the case of cars with 'Police' stickers.)
Prowler is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th December 2017, 13:09   #9840
BHPian

A funny thing happened when I was trying to cross a main road. I had cleared one side and was waiting at the median intersection to cross over. There only one car approaching me. It was quite some distance and I could have easily crossed over, but a sixth sense made me look over and I see that the TSD (triple distilled idiot) is accelerating. I stepped back as I was not intending to commit Suicide. What escapes me is that chap could have let me pass, since there was a traffic block and he stopped after crossing me. So that chap had only two intentions according to me, one he wanted to run me over or else he wanted to be one up and cut off my crossing. Whatever be, he is grade “A”
TSD. God help us, with these kind of idiots rampant on the road.
sparky@home is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks