Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th December 2017, 12:24   #9871
BHPian

Re: Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em

Quote:
Originally Posted by harsh79 View Post
This one had a few 'choice words' for not letting him through, when asked what his problem was, says "come I'll tell you".
What happened.. Did he ran away?? He at first, looks coming towards your direction on the wrong side & end up in an altercation with you. My guess he wanted to enter in a brawl with you, but due to the sheer embarrassment of not being able to control his puny bike, thought otherwise.

Were that you coming from the side of the car walking towards the bike: to listen "what he wanted to tell you"

Quote:
Originally Posted by swissknife View Post
Bad riding on 3 counts, at least!

1. Not wearing a helmet
2. Peeping to overtake a bus on a narrow bridge that has a no overtaking boards
3. Defaced number plate

Here are 2 bikers, one texting just before a corner and another talking on the phone in a narrow stretch.
In my collage days, used to here that the amount of money Bill Gates earns every Minute (& then break it to every second) : he earns so much that picking up a 10$ note from the floor will result in losses more that to what he has picked up.

All the specimen in your PICs look a classic case of Bill Gates of India, on an austerity drive. They don't have time to stop & be safe; in-stead they are so busy-they decided to continue on the bike itself. Shame.

Let them learn the hard way.

Regards,
Saurabh

Last edited by saurabh2711 : 27th December 2017 at 12:31.
Old 27th December 2017, 17:34   #9872
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabh2711 View Post
What happened.. Did he ran away?? He at first, looks coming towards your direction on the wrong side & end up in an altercation with you. My guess he wanted to enter in a brawl with you, but due to the sheer embarrassment of not being able to control his puny bike, thought otherwise.

Were that you coming from the side of the car walking towards the bike: to listen "what he wanted to tell you"
He looked inebriated, probably the reason he couldn't manage his bike.

I did get out to enquire what his problem was but as you can see he bolted.
harsh79 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th December 2017, 18:42   #9873
Distinguished - BHPian

One of the very unsafe practices.

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-img_3933.jpg
dhanushs is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 28th December 2017, 09:56   #9874
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanushs View Post
Whenever I see such morons standing out of sunroofs (and I do see a lot of them around), it only reminds me of daily wagers standing in those tempo trucks being ferried around for work. For them, it is a question of their livelihood, but I don't understand why someone would pay so much money to be feel how it is to stand like that on a truck.

What I would like to tell them:
You have all the luxury inside, so you might as well enjoy what you paid for. If you want to stand on a truck, I am sure you could do it for free. Maybe even get paid for it
selfdrive is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 28th December 2017, 10:50   #9875
BHPian

A biker jumps a median near the war cemetery near St.Thomas Mount, Chennai. He is wearing a helmet that isn't strapped as well!
Attached Thumbnails
Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-biker-jumping-median.jpg  

swissknife is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th December 2017, 11:09   #9876
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanushs View Post

Attachment 1710150
I don't think so. With so many Airbags, ABS, EBD, Traction control plus the Mercedes badge and money everything is safe. Sorry for the sarcasm.

If you are in Hyderabad, you will see so many such examples where kids pop out of the sun roof and enjoy the drive. In my apartment complex there is a family who always lets their son stand out of the roof and seemingly proud about it. I wonder if it is ignorance or arrogance ?
sunishsamuel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th December 2017, 22:24   #9877
Distinguished - BHPian

I was crawling with my RC 390, as the traffic was dense with bikes riding in wrong direction and roads are pathetic inside Trichy. Then comes this idiot, blazing all the 35 horses of that poor Dominar 400, riding very rashly.

And people say KTM riders are the bad ones. Bad riders are on almost all bikes, irrespective of brand or the BHP!

Last edited by PrasannaDhana : 30th December 2017 at 22:25.
PrasannaDhana is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st January 2018, 17:35   #9878
Senior - BHPian

Just avoided an accident yesterday on the way to Bangalore near Krishnagiri. One learning for me is I should also try to be more careful as on viewing the video I see those guys doing those antics earlier, if I had noticed the same during the drive, probably could have done a safer braking.

excuse the audio, that was a youtube default
arvind71181 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2018, 07:17   #9879
BHPian

And they just keep coming.

harsh79 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2018, 10:36   #9880
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arvind71181 View Post
Just avoided an accident yesterday on the way to Bangalore near Krishnagiri. One learning for me is I should also try to be more careful as on viewing the video I see those guys doing those antics earlier, if I had noticed the same during the drive, probably could have done a safer braking.

excuse the audio, that was a Youtube default
Watched the video a few times - that must have been scary at proper highway speeds! I had a similar incident couple of days back (again, on the Krishnagiri-Hosur stretch), when a man in a scooter saw me, heard me honk, stopped, and then decided to cut across. I missed him by a whisker.

Having said that, I noticed that the white Fortuner in the right lane appeared to have lifted off just before you overtook him - and immediately after you overtook the Fortuner you encountered the morons on the bike. Did that guy see something you couldn't, and so he slowed down?
KiloAlpha is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2018, 12:25   #9881
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harsh79 View Post
And they just keep coming.
Have noticed this - people coming on the wrong side will always have their high beam on As such you are on wrong side, and above that you want to blind the guy coming towards you. I don't understand these guys logic
mallumowgli is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2018, 13:07   #9882
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mallumowgli View Post
I don't understand these guys logic
You are hereby sentenced to a gazillion years in prison with nothing but your most boring, irritating thing for company - for using logic and 'these guys' in one sentence

If those nincompoops had even a peanut sized brain, they wouldn't be doing what they're doing. One of the reasons for the gentle giants of the highways, read, long distance truckers, stick to the right-most lane is to avoid these smartypants who ride/drive against the flow of traffic, most often on the left-most lane.
silversteed is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2018, 13:12   #9883
BHPian

The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly:

The Good:
I am at Hong Kong market. I come out of the mall, to see a lady trying to reverse her car -- and not being able too. Thanks to. A person has parked his bike, smack in the middle of the road. So I diligently [being a gentleman and Tbhp member, respectively] help her reverse out. She knows I am aiding her, but refuses to lower her driver side window. So like a selfless fool [that I am], I continue to guide her, using sign language and hand-facial monikers. At some instances, she almost hits the bike, but I prevent it. Finally after her multi-point reverse is complete, she guns off. A thanks? Acknowledgement of help received? Hell, no. What is that. OK TATA BYE BYE.

The Bad:
A by-stander watches me provide the reversal instructions. In between he is giving obnoxious lines like "jaane do, jaane do" [let it go, let it go] -- at the point where the car almost hits the bike. Basically being more of a nuisance, rather than a help. Once the car leaves, he looks at me "yeh teri bike hain na" [this is your bike right]. I just did not know what to say. I walked off, with slumped shoulders. Looking at the melancholy sky, and wondering is it pathetic fallacy or actually the weather. Sigh.

The Ugly:
I pick up my mom from T1 airport and am at the first red light. It changes, and I cross over, but a car from the left signal, illegally jumps the light and stops all vehicles, but I get through [by swerving behind his bumper], and the light goes red. After a few meters my mom exclaims "a cop is asking you to stop". I see a cop signaling, but follow his line of sight, and he is looking "above my car". Then I see the drama in my ORVM. A biker has jumped the light, and a cop is trying to stop him. He swerves the cop, the cop grabs the bikes grab rail. The biker's sense of lawlessness, stupidity, and engine throughput; prevail. Under the pull back force of the cops hands, the biker wobbles dangerously left and right for almost two meters, and subsequently sets him and his machine free from the hands of the law. Looks back from his scarf covered face, and guns off. The cop in front of me, just looks aghast.
asingh1977 is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2018, 17:08   #9884
Senior - BHPian

Need to check if the wide angle view in my dashcam caught this today on the way to office:

Busy junction without signals or cops. It's a free for all with might is right law in effect [like most places].

Surprising i see an i10 stopped at the stop line on the left of the junction and i think man, this guy is letting the straight line pass...imagine to my horror when i see that he is talking on the phone oblivious to the irritated queue behind him!

Every day is a surprise :(
deathwalkr is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2018, 18:06   #9885
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asingh1977 View Post
I pick up my mom from T1 airport and am at the first red light. It changes, and I cross over, but a car from the left signal, illegally jumps the light and stops all vehicles, but I get through [by swerving behind his bumper], and the light goes red. After a few meters my mom exclaims "a cop is asking you to stop". I see a cop signaling, but follow his line of sight, and he is looking "above my car". Then I see the drama in my ORVM. A biker has jumped the light, and a cop is trying to stop him. He swerves the cop, the cop grabs the bikes grab rail. The biker's sense of lawlessness, stupidity, and engine throughput; prevail. Under the pull back force of the cops hands, the biker wobbles dangerously left and right for almost two meters, and subsequently sets him and his machine free from the hands of the law. Looks back from his scarf covered face, and guns off. The cop in front of me, just looks aghast.
A debate relating to this took place in the Rants in Bangalore thread as well. I've seen the extent to which bikers go, in order to escape the questioning by a cop or even simply to pay a small fine and go ahead, in Bangalore as well. Policemen who put their arm out thinking that it is enough to warrant a stop were shocked when the bikers simply grazed their arms and gunned the throttle to escape. This is the biker tradition that caused policemen to alter their strategy by removing the keys from the ignition but the bikers became oversmart and to counter this, swung it all variety of moves to duck the cop.. this gave birth to the waving the lathi (stick) and moving in in their direction until the biker comes to a halt. Sure this manner or enforcing the law can seem threatening and anti-constitutional, but I don't think there is a better way, few times the police even use the car as a shield and stop the car before grabbing onto the bike behind the car, both times I had stopped at their signal, I was sure that they had a valid reason and I came to a dead halt and they grabbed the overspeeding perpetrator quickly.

Not the best way to do it, might even create an unnecessary incident hence I feel its about time ALL us citizens merely pull over for the police without making up the lack of due cause in our minds. In America one escape from the law would see them being punished severely. If we give the police the confidence of compliance, then maybe they will also stop risking others lives as well as theirs, in trying to bring guilty motorists to book.
dark.knight is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks