Search this Thread
Old 9th May 2023, 16:52   #241
BHPian

Re: Delhi to Bangalore : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vtach View Post
Planning to drive down from Kangra (HP) to Ooty
Trip update:
Drove to Wellington (TN) from Kangra (HP) , ~ 2900 kms over 4 days thru the North-South corridor, SH27-NH 44 - NH275- NH150A-NH766-NH181.

D1: Kangra- Hoshiarpur- Chandigrah-Delhi-Agra. Average roads till Hoshiarpur, quite good thence till Chandigarh. Excellent Chandigarh to Delhi highway. Need to take the Eastern Peripheral Expressway (EPE) bypassing Delhi to take the Yamuna Expressway (YE).
The speed limit is 120 kph on EPE but the expansion joints give a scare at higher speeds. No 2 wheelers allowed here.
YE has a 100 kph limit but the joints and road surface in general felt much better engineered, a lot of 2 wheeler traffic though.

D2: Agra-Gwalior- Jhansi-Sagar- Lakhnadon- Seoni-Sitapur
Lots of cattle & trucks in this stretch, 2 wheelers with at least 3 occupants trying to overtake the slow moving lorries with neither giving way to fadter traffic. Worst road manners witnessed here; with bikes,tractors, trucks, bullock carts, combine harvesters, submersible pump driven desi jugaads' you name it..being driven left, right, criss cross and sometimes even in opposite direction to the traffic, with impunity!
Road surface mostly average to below average, many places with ruts due to heavy lorry traffic, few excellent & few potholed stretches.

D3: Sitapur- Hinganghat- Adilabad-Hyderabad- Kurnool
Excellent roads in Telangana, the MH stretch around Pench was very good but then deteriorated to long potholed sections. Absence of cattle on the roads immediately noticed on entering MH from MP though!

D4: Kurnool- Bangalore- Mysuru- Gundlupete-Mudumalai- Wellington
Bangalore- mysuru highway is a bliss, excellent surface mostly. Average NH 766, sub par NH 181 therafter. Highway police were no where to be seen prior to Telangana & TN.

Had a temporary number, Fastag worked seamlessly throughout. Got stopped only twice by cops, that too when they were checking all vehicles in each of these states.

Utter lack of a half-decent coffee shop/ restaurant/ restroom all along this route still as many others have brought out. Making these roads access controlled will reduce a large number of accidents. Would prefer exploring NH 48 in future rather than take this route.
Attached Thumbnails
Delhi to Bangalore : Route Queries-20230502_141650.jpg  

Last edited by Vtach : 9th May 2023 at 16:57.
Vtach is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2023, 19:00   #242
BHPian

Any decent stay options at Nagpur on the Delhi - Bangalore highway, without deviating into the City. Not looking at pricier ones, if it is good enough to park the car and have a good sleep, it should be fine.

KK
Old 3rd July 2023, 19:15   #243
BHPian

Apologize if this is not the right thread ---

Is there a practical way to drive from Bangalore to Dehradun bypassing Delhi\NCR (because we'll be in a 10+ year old Diesel vehicle, which's banned in NCR and likely will get impounded).
Old 3rd July 2023, 23:29   #244
BHPian

What is the better route from BLR to Indore?

1. BLR-Vijaypura-Aurangabad-Dhule-Indore (Google Maps suggested)

2. BLR-Pune-Nashik-Dhule-Indore

I think Vijaypura-Aurangabad is bliss now? I am concerned with Kannad Ghat section in this stretch, so am also looking at the Pune-Nashik option, though it is 100 kms more but tried and tested GQ till Pune.
Old 4th July 2023, 12:47   #245
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadFiend View Post
Apologize if this is not the right thread ---

Is there a practical way to drive from Bangalore to Dehradun bypassing Delhi\NCR (because we'll be in a 10+ year old Diesel vehicle, which's banned in NCR and likely will get impounded).
Even if you take Agra expressway towards Noida and then take EPE you wont face issues with cops.

If wanna play safe then you can take Aligarh Meerut route from Agra.
nitinralli is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2023, 16:19   #246
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayukh42 View Post
What is the better route from BLR to Indore?

1. BLR-Vijaypura-Aurangabad-Dhule-Indore (Google Maps suggested)

2. BLR-Pune-Nashik-Dhule-Indore

I think Vijaypura-Aurangabad is bliss now? I am concerned with Kannad Ghat section in this stretch, so am also looking at the Pune-Nashik option, though it is 100 kms more but tried and tested GQ till Pune.

Had driven the route 1 in Dec 2022. Bangalore - Aurangabad is excellent and
Dhule to Indore Very Good. Best section is Chitradurga to Hospet. Apart from Kannad Ghat, road widening was happening from end of Kannad ghat till Dhule. Hence progress was slow. Time taken will be less in route 1.
pramodpk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th September 2023, 20:44   #247
Senior - BHPian

Guys, I'm planning a December trip, Ghaziabad to Bangalore with

Delhi-Kota-Ujjain-Indore on first leg (NE4 to Dausa and then NH48 from Nivai)

Indore-Aurangabad-Solapur (NH52) on second leg

Solapur-Bangalore on final stretch (NH50 followed by NH48 all the way to Bangalore)

night stays at Indore and Solapur

the route information above is from Google maps - I want to know if anyone has any pointers on this route, please

I'll be driving with one companion driver (to split the driving between the two of us - the other guy is a professional driver), mostly during day hours or may be early evenings around destinations

Last edited by vina : 7th September 2023 at 20:45.
vina is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th September 2023, 16:27   #248

Hello,

This being my first post on the domain might have a few errors.

Quite a late post , I’ll be driving back from Gurgaon to Bangalore(near the airport) tomorrow morning.
2 weeks back we drove from Bangalore with night halts in Nagpur and Agra. We started at 4:15 on day one and at 7:30 AM on day 2 and reached the destination by 6 PM.

Car for the trip: Fortuner 4x4(2019) automatic

We’re planning to do the return trip with only 1 halt at Nagpur.
Had a sudden thought while driving in Gurgaon when i saw a sign board to the Mumbai expressway.
Wanted the forum’s advice on whether we should switch to the Mumbai expressway and take the GQ route instead of the NS corridor since the roads in Maharashtra are riddled with potholes and the drive from agra-gwalior was full of very slow moving traffic with no highway mannerisms at all.
Cheers
Old 29th September 2023, 20:32   #249
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0money3doors View Post
whether we should switch to the Mumbai expressway and take the GQ route instead of the NS corridor
NS corridor is the most time efficient route.

GQ is a not worth if Bombay is not your destination. Bombay-GJ section is seeing lot of traffic on a daily basis.

If you just want to try a different route, you can drive Delhi-NE4-Lalsot-Bundi-Kota-Udpura-NE4-Ratlam-Lebad-Manpur-Dhule-Malegaon-Yeola-Vaijapur-Samruddhi Mahmarg-Aurangabad-Solapur-Hospet-Bangalore.

It'll give you the opportunity to drive 3 section of expressways, not touching any major city. One known problem is connecting Kota-Jhalawar road to NE4 as the interchange is not complete.
narayans80 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th September 2023, 21:25   #250
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayans80 View Post
If you just want to try a different route, you can drive Delhi-NE4-Lalsot-Bundi-Kota-Udpura-NE4-Ratlam-Lebad-Manpur-Dhule-Malegaon-Yeola-Vaijapur-Samruddhi Mahmarg-Aurangabad-Solapur-Hospet-Bangalore.

It'll give you the opportunity to drive 3 section of expressways, not touching any major city. One known problem is connecting Kota-Jhalawar road to NE4 as the interchange is not complete.
Where do you suggest one takes overnight halts on this route? Would this be equivalent in time to the NS corridor?
Old 30th September 2023, 07:59   #251
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vina View Post
Guys, I'm planning a December trip, Ghaziabad to Bangalore with

Delhi-Kota-Ujjain-Indore on first leg (NE4 to Dausa and then NH48 from Nivai)

Indore-Aurangabad-Solapur (NH52) on second leg

Solapur-Bangalore on final stretch (NH50 followed by NH48 all the way to Bangalore)

night stays at Indore and Solapur

How did this go mate? What is your feedback? How did the overall legs turn out each day?
Old 3rd October 2023, 18:33   #252
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
Where do you suggest one takes overnight halts on this route? Would this be equivalent in time to the NS corridor?
You can do Delhi Bangalore in 2 days aggressively on N-S corridor. This route will easily spill into the 3rd day.

From Bangalore you can plan Aurangabad (western suburbs would give easy access to the bypass) easily. If you can push it would be Shirdi (pick a hotel on the northern end of town) or Nashik (if you are aggressive) on day 1. Day 2 would be Kota or Bundi or Jaipur. From there reach Delhi on day 3.

From the other side, I don't think I'd push past Dhamnod Foodie on day 1. Dhule is too aggressive. I'd look at options starting from Bijapur to Hospet at most for day 2 and reach Bangalore on day 3.
narayans80 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2023, 19:23   #253
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayans80 View Post
You can do Delhi Bangalore in 2 days aggressively on N-S corridor. This route will easily spill into the 3rd day.
I was about to write this thought when I read yours. Am just thinking once the Delhi-Mumbai expressway comes we should be able to do :

Delhi - Ratlam (expressway) - Indore (Lebad) - Dhule.- Aurangabad - Solapur - Bangalore.

Question is what is best 4-lane option from Solapur to Ratlam (basically a seamless connect to the Delhi-Mumbai Expressway)

Last edited by ampere : 3rd October 2023 at 19:26.
Old 29th October 2023, 12:30   #254
BHPian

Hi All, few days back i.e from 13th Oct to 22nd Oct, I did a SOLO DRIVE Bangalore-Hyd-Nagpur-Jhansi-Lucknow (2 days with stopover at Nagpur) and Lucknow-Indore-Pune-Bangalore (3 days with stopover at Pune).

I drive a Virtus GT and oh man, whatta a car it is, keeps going on and on and on without fatigue while delivering bmw level performance and braking while giving a decent mileage of 13-14.

Next up I am planning to do Bangalore to Gurgaon (with a separate plan to hit Manali-Leh) on Nov 5th and ended up checking this thread. Google says, Bangalore - Gurgaon via Dhule which is through Hosapete, Solapur, Aurangabad and then via Ratlam, Kota, Deoli?

Being a SOLO aggressive driver (expecting super tarmac), is this route the best one or should i go via Nagpur?

Last edited by sam_sant2005 : 29th October 2023 at 12:39.
Old 30th October 2023, 13:21   #255
BHPian

Hello,

I heard some folks say that the Nagpur-Jabalpur route is now completely screwed! Is that true? I plan on doing that stretch in the coming week!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam_sant2005 View Post
Hi All, few days back i.e from 13th Oct to 22nd Oct, I did a SOLO DRIVE Bangalore-Hyd-Nagpur-Jhansi-Lucknow (2 days with stopover at Nagpur) and Lucknow-Indore-Pune-Bangalore (3 days with stopover at Pune).

I drive a Virtus GT and oh man, whatta a car it is, keeps going on and on and on without fatigue while delivering bmw level performance and braking while giving a decent mileage of 13-14.

Next up I am planning to do Bangalore to Gurgaon (with a separate plan to hit Manali-Leh) on Nov 5th and ended up checking this thread. Google says, Bangalore - Gurgaon via Dhule which is through Hosapete, Solapur, Aurangabad and then via Ratlam, Kota, Deoli?

Being a SOLO aggressive driver (expecting super tarmac), is this route the best one or should i go via Nagpur?
ssjr0498 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks