Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th September 2022, 11:31   #226
Senior - BHPian

Re: Delhi to Bangalore : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by f9_abs View Post

I have done couple small trips recently, but this will be my first long road trip and hence not sure what all to plan for or to expect. So, I am looking for feedback from you all on this route and plan.
  1. Does this plan look OK or should I change night stop locations?
  2. Any recommended hotels along this route without going too far away from NH?
  3. Recommended do's and dont's?
Sagar you can stay at Deepali Hotel, its World famous here in TeamBHP (though i never stayed there)

Agra you can stay at Ramada Plaza by Wyndham Agra. Its right on the Agra expressway so easy in and out for you.

As mentioned above dont drive at night specially when you enter MH MP UP. Apart from Dashcam, buy a good tyre inflator and a puncture kit.
nitinralli is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2022, 19:33   #227

Hello folks

After goong through the thread, we are currently enroute from Gurgaon to Bangalore.

We tried to divide the trip in 3 days with ~1/3rd distance everyday. (overall 2100 km - ~700 km/day)

On Day 1, we decided to stop in Sagar for the night at Team BHP's recommended Hotel Deepali.

For the Day 2, wanted an opinion, whether to aim for Hyderabad (as per popular opinion) or go for Nizamabad/Adilabad.

In case of Hyderabad, I know finding accommodation wont be a hassle.

But need restaurant and stay recommendations for Nizamad/Adilabad since they are almost 1/3rd distance but couldn't find any information on this in any thread.

Thanks everyone in advance for the upcoming replies and previous precious information in the thread.
Old 30th September 2022, 20:44   #228
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a26genius View Post
restaurant and stay recommendations for Nizamad/Adilabad
I can recommend TSTDC Haritha Indur Inn at Nizamabad. It is strictly a budget hotel, but has very good parking and the restaurant was also decent at least for non-veg (I stayed here back in 2018).

I think there is another TSTDC in Adilabad, which might be marginally better than this as per pics back then. But again, it won't be anything special compared to private hotels including the one you opted in Sagar.
Old 6th October 2022, 10:57   #229
BHPian

Hi All,

Planning a trip from Noida to Bangalore. 3 people travelling in a MERC GLA200. Seeking a better place for accommodation for overnight stay as will have female travelling too.

Any recommendations on the plan ? I currently am thinking

Noida- > Narsinghpur Day 1 "The Grand Narsinghpur"

Narsinghpur -> Hyderabad Day 2 " Any good Hotel"

Hyderabad - > Bangalore Day 3

Any recommendations apart from this ?
Old 6th October 2022, 14:17   #230
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alive2Drive View Post
Hi All,

Planning a trip from Noida to Bangalore. 3 people travelling in a MERC GLA200. Seeking a better place for accommodation for overnight stay as will have female travelling too.

Any recommendations on the plan ? I currently am thinking

Noida- > Narsinghpur Day 1 "The Grand Narsinghpur"

Narsinghpur -> Hyderabad Day 2 " Any good Hotel"

Hyderabad - > Bangalore Day 3

Any recommendations apart from this ?
The Grand Shukrana @ Narsinghpur is actually the only choice right on the highway around that area, and its pretty decent. Rooms were clean, service was quick.

On day 2 would recommend looking at a hotel in the financial district (gachibowli). I had stayed at the Fairfield, there are other good options as well like Lemon Tree, Hyatt, Sheraton etc depending on how much one wants to spend. It'll be an easy entry & exit onto the ORR so that no time is wasted in city traffic.
Old 6th October 2022, 14:24   #231
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaksjr View Post
The Grand Shukrana @ Narsinghpur is actually the only choice right on the highway around that area, and its pretty decent. Rooms were clean, service was quick.

On day 2 would recommend looking at a hotel in the financial district (gachibowli). I had stayed at the Fairfield, there are other good options as well like Lemon Tree, Hyatt, Sheraton etc depending on how much one wants to spend. It'll be an easy entry & exit onto the ORR so that no time is wasted in city traffic.
Any other options for the trip ? Do we have any other alternate options of a similar travel with same timelines?
Old 6th October 2022, 14:28   #232
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alive2Drive View Post
Any other options for the trip ? Do we have any other alternate options of a similar travel with same timelines?
Narsinghpur breaks down the Delhi Hyderabad stretch into 2 exact halves, hence is the ideal stopping point for the 1st day. I would recommend keeping this as the halt and staying at the grand shukarana.
I've only done this trip once hence not aware of other options. My itinerary was exactly like what you have planned and it was a comfortable sunrise to sunset drive on both days, without driving aggressively.
Old 30th January 2023, 16:57   #233
Senior - BHPian

Need to do Bangalore to Dehradun in early april in 2 days. It will be me and wifey driving. What is the best place to halt in between?

Is it possible to do BLR-Narsinghpur (starting from BLR at 3am) in one day or is it stretching too far and I should stop in some hotel near Nagpur or maybe Pench?

Any bad stretches I should be aware of? I'm driving in my V40 which is a bit low in terms of ground clearance but is a great highway cruiser.

Last edited by reignofchaos : 30th January 2023 at 16:59.
Old 1st February 2023, 10:34   #234
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by reignofchaos View Post
Need to do Bangalore to Dehradun in early april in 2 days. It will be me and wifey driving. What is the best place to halt in between?

Is it possible to do BLR-Narsinghpur (starting from BLR at 3am) in one day or is it stretching too far and I should stop in some hotel near Nagpur or maybe Pench?

Any bad stretches I should be aware of? I'm driving in my V40 which is a bit low in terms of ground clearance but is a great highway cruiser.
I would not recommend doing that long of a stretch in one go. Bangalore to Nagpur in itself is a stretch for covering in a single day, Narsinghpur is another 4 hours approximately at the minimum. Till Dehradun should be done with minimum 2 stops (Nagpur & Delhi), unless you and the better half are planning to drive non-stop with 1 pax sleeping and the other taking the wheel.

The only bad stretches till Delhi would be before Nagpur after crossing over to Maharashtra, not for much distance though.
Old 1st February 2023, 16:39   #235
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaksjr View Post
I would not recommend doing that long of a stretch in one go. Bangalore to Nagpur in itself is a stretch for covering in a single day, Narsinghpur is another 4 hours approximately at the minimum. Till Dehradun should be done with minimum 2 stops (Nagpur & Delhi), unless you and the better half are planning to drive non-stop with 1 pax sleeping and the other taking the wheel.

The only bad stretches till Delhi would be before Nagpur after crossing over to Maharashtra, not for much distance though.
Have done 1100km and 1000km on consecutive days before on worse roads (BLR-Kolkata) with just me driving in a Honda Brio. So was wondering whether this is doable since we have a far better car now and wife can also drive decently.

That time, we left at 4am and drove till 8pm and then did a night halt in a hotel and then started again next day at around 6-7am. Was just planning to duplicate the same schedule.

Also have multiple experiences of doing 1000+ km in a single day - BLR-Mumbai, Kanyakumari - BLR, BLR to Hyderabad and then back same day etc.

However if it turns out to be too much, will break into 3 days. This is the reason I wanted to hit Narsingpur better still Sagar on day 1. Then the second day would be relatively easy.

Last edited by reignofchaos : 1st February 2023 at 16:40.
reignofchaos is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st February 2023, 16:56   #236
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
However if it turns out to be too much, will break into 3 days. This is the reason I wanted to hit Narsingpur better still Sagar on day 1. Then the second day would be relatively easy.
We too have done Bangalore to Seoni in a day while driving to Jabalpur few years back. With 3:30am start from Yelahanka we were in Seoni at 7:00pm.

Only 2 weeks back we did Bangalore to Nagpur with a 3:00 start from Airport toll and Butibori (11 km before Nagpur ring road/bypass) at 17:10 with adequate breaks. We were 4 cars. A single car will save time, especially during breaks and refueling.

In general, if an advise is given to do long distances like these, it ends up creating an impression that if I have done it, everyone else can do it too and hence it is being forced upon. I have often noticed this.

But reading your post and experience of chugging along the highways covering longer distances, Seoni or Narsingpur should not be an issue to cover in a day, provided you make the entire trip efficient with a super early morning start. When we had done Bangalore Seoni, the Pench corridor work was still in progress and do was the flyover near Mansar after Nagpur that slowed us down too.

It also also imperative that these trips are not done based on speed records but mainly on how efficient one is at ideal cruising speeds and you will know it better.

Last edited by paragsachania : 1st February 2023 at 16:57.
paragsachania is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st February 2023, 17:54   #237
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
We too have done Bangalore to Seoni in a day while driving to Jabalpur few years back. With 3:30am start from Yelahanka we were in Seoni at 7:00pm.

Only 2 weeks back we did Bangalore to Nagpur with a 3:00 start from Airport toll and Butibori (11 km before Nagpur ring road/bypass) at 17:10 with adequate breaks. We were 4 cars. A single car will save time, especially during breaks and refueling.

In general, if an advise is given to do long distances like these, it ends up creating an impression that if I have done it, everyone else can do it too and hence it is being forced upon. I have often noticed this.

But reading your post and experience of chugging along the highways covering longer distances, Seoni or Narsingpur should not be an issue to cover in a day, provided you make the entire trip efficient with a super early morning start. When we had done Bangalore Seoni, the Pench corridor work was still in progress and do was the flyover near Mansar after Nagpur that slowed us down too.

It also also imperative that these trips are not done based on speed records but mainly on how efficient one is at ideal cruising speeds and you will know it better.
Yep my primary reason to do it in 2 days if possible is to save extra time for the Dehradun - Spiti leg of the trip which is more interesting and will offer much better vistas. I wish to do that slowly in a gradual manner enjoying the views.
reignofchaos is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2023, 09:25   #238
BHPian

Quote:
Have done 1100km and 1000km on consecutive days before on worse roads (BLR-Kolkata) ..

.. Also have multiple experiences of doing 1000+ km in a single day - BLR-Mumbai, Kanyakumari - BLR, BLR to Hyderabad and then back same day etc.
In that case BLR to Narsinghpur will be doable for you. The roads are pretty much great throughout. Do watch out for cattle on the road post entering MP. The roads may be devoid of trucks and traffic in general, but our 4 legged brake checking friends will slow you down aplenty.
chaksjr is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 21st March 2023, 04:35   #239
BHPian

I am back at it again, having done twice, now I have to do it twice more. First 2 drives were alone and this time with Family.

October 2020 - Bangalore to Chandigarh
Feb 2022 - Chandigarh to Bangalore

But in both the cases, I have used the same route.
Shimla > Chandigarh > Delhi > Agra > Jhansi > Sagar > Seoni > Nagpur > Hyderabad > Bangalore

I know this route is the best and simplest. However this time I was planning to go via the MH route. Wanted to hear from fellow members who have recently done it through Mumbai or should I skip this altogether. Via this route, I may get an opportunity of going through the Mumbai-Delhi Expressway.
Old 28th April 2023, 08:45   #240
BHPian

Gents
Planning to drive down from Kangra (HP) to Ooty on 2nd May 23, have 4 days at my hands.
D1: kangra- Chandigrah- Delhi- Agra
D2: Agra- Jhansi- Lalitpur- Sagar-Nagpur
D3: Nagpur-Adilabad- Nizamabad- Hyderabad- Bangalore
D4: Banngalore-Hosur-Krishnagiri-Salem-Erode- Coimbatore- Ooty
Req esteemed members on their opinion on the
1. Feasibility in this time frame
2. Recent road condition experience if any
3. Night halt options at Agra, Nagpur & Bangalore
Would be driving solo in an XUV700, can drive for 10-12 hrs/day max.
Much thanks!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks