Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th May 2018, 18:31   #106
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Delhi to Bangalore : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_dube View Post
If the NGP-DEL stretch is comparable to the BLR-HYD-NGP one (in terms of road conditions) then BLR-DEL seems doable in 2 days with a stop at Nagpur. What do you think?
  • Delhi - NOIDA - Agra : Very Good
  • Agra - Gwalior : Good Dual carriageway Road
  • Gwalior - Jhansi : 130 kms of Work in Progress stretch and depending on the time you do this, it can take 3 to 5 hours easily
  • Gwalior - Sagar - Narsingpur : Empty, fast dual carriageway
  • Narsingpur - Chindwara - Nagpur : Good Single carriageway

When we drove, it the occupants were mainly gents with no real need for hunting for a place to break. So it all worked out quite well. I still recollect that we were in NOIDA at 20:00 on Day 1 and out of Nagpur by 15:30 on D2. That is around 19 Hours which also included a long snarl before Narsingpur due to an incident. Overall it had taken us 29 Hours to do NOIDA to Bangalore, non-stop and 2 drivers.

Quote:
Should be okay since these will be solo drives or at best, an all-boys drive, not a family drive for sure.
Reading your post, I was assuming this to be the case .

Quote:
The more I think about it, the more I lean towards doing it over 3 days. What would be a good itinerary for a 3-day drive?
You can refer to this thread too where I have provided some options.

Bangalore to Dehra Dun route query (Bangalore to Dehradun : Route Queries).

With 3 Days plan, you still do Bangalore - Nagpur in a day which is still comfortable for seasoned drivers which I presume you to be.

Then break Nagpur - Delhi into 2 by doing Nagpur - Jhansi and then Jhansi - Delhi for the last leg.
paragsachania is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 28th May 2018, 20:25   #107
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Guys, what is the best possible option for a Bangalore-Delhi run? Doable in 2 days?
Quote:
Thanks Parag. I have done Bangalore-Nagpur in a single stretch multiple times and Bangalore-Raipur (approx 1400 km) in a single run couple of times.
If you are comfortable driving 15-16 hours a day, then you can cover Delhi-Bangalore in 2 days. Last year during my return drive from Himachal, we covered Agra-Nagpur in 13 hours. You can see my detailed update here,Agra-Nagpur.

So, if your start point is Delhi, then its another 2-3 hours for you.
arun_josie is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 11th September 2018, 12:38   #108
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
  • Delhi - NOIDA - Agra : Very Good
  • Agra - Gwalior : Good Dual carriageway Road
  • Gwalior - Jhansi : 130 kms of Work in Progress stretch and depending on the time you do this, it can take 3 to 5 hours easily
  • Gwalior - Sagar - Narsingpur : Empty, fast dual carriageway
  • Narsingpur - Chindwara - Nagpur : Good Single carriageway
I am planning to ride my bike from bangalore, with the port of halt a few days later being narkhanda. Keeping this in mind:

Day 1: bangalore to nagpur via hyderabad
Being on a bike i am being routed via the city. Is there any escape from this? Whatever time i leave from bangalore i am sure to be caught in the hyd city mess.

Day 2: nagpur-delhi?
Following your advice, the route map looks pretty clear, but do i cross delhi and halt or do i halt before delhi and cross the city the next morning? I am leaning towards the latter.

Day 3: noida/delhi - chandigarh - shimla - narkhanda.
What route do i take from noida/delhi? Do i need to go through delhi city or is there some bypass available?

I intend to do the same thing in reverse after the trip.

Does anyone or you parag have a list of coco/reliance petrol bunks all along this route? Will save me the bother of needing to hunt for something when on the road.
Old 11th September 2018, 14:48   #109
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
Whatever time i leave from bangalore i am sure to be caught in the hyd city mess.
There is no mess you will encounter if you manage to stay at the outskirts and closer to Nehru Ring Road
Quote:
Day 2: nagpur-delhi?
Following your advice, the route map looks pretty clear, but do i cross delhi and halt or do i halt before delhi and cross the city the next morning? I am leaning towards the latter.
For NOIDA you need not cross Delhi if that is your ultimate destination for D2. Also remember that Gwalior Jhansi section will slow you down due to bad roads (130 Kms). If you want to hit NOIDA, Sohna Road from Gurugram can be a good option but I will leave it to the Delhi experts to comment here.

Quote:
Day 3: noida/delhi - chandigarh - shimla - narkhanda.
What route do i take from noida/delhi? Do i need to go through delhi city or is there some bypass available?
If you ever thought of not entering Delhi at all, there was this beautiful Rewri Rohtak Panipat route that would totally bypass you from anywhere closer to Delhi

Quote:
Does anyone or you parag have a list of coco/reliance petrol bunks all along this route? Will save me the bother of needing to hunt for something when on the road.
I will pass you some details around it as I returned from Jabalpur last Sunday and here is a detailed account on the same.
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th September 2018, 12:20   #110
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
There is no mess you will encounter if you manage to stay at the outskirts and closer to Nehru Ring Road
If there is a possible route map for this section, I would be grateful.

Quote:
For NOIDA you need not cross Delhi if that is your ultimate destination for D2. Also remember that Gwalior Jhansi section will slow you down due to bad roads (130 Kms). If you want to hit NOIDA, Sohna Road from Gurugram can be a good option but I will leave it to the Delhi experts to comment here.
Actually I dont care what my destination for D2 is as long as I am en route and closer to my ultimate D3 destination of Narkhanda. Could you or someone else help advice accordingly?

Quote:
If you ever thought of not entering Delhi at all, there was this beautiful Rewri Rohtak Panipat route that would totally bypass you from anywhere closer to Delhi
Do you suggest heading from Nagpur to Rewri directly on D2? My other question is if I stay in Nagpur outskirts on D1, is it safe to ride out the next morning via Pench at 4 AM?

Quote:
I will pass you some details around it as I returned from Jabalpur last Sunday and here is a detailed account on the same.
Thank you, this does contain details of the pitstops as well as the petrol bunks. I will try to map out a semi-detailed itinerary for the Blr-Narkhanda section and put it up here for feedback basis your detailed trip log.
Old 14th September 2018, 12:22   #111
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Pardon my ignorance here. I missed the fact that you were riding which means you cannot take the Hyderabad Outer Ring Road to reach the other end (Highway leading to Nagpur) and your best choice is some guidance from Hyderabad BHPians or fastest route to escape via Googlemaps.

Quote:
Actually I dont care what my destination for D2 is as long as I am en route and closer to my ultimate D3 destination of Narkhanda. Could you or someone else help advice accordingly?
Since I recently returned from Jabalpur, I will have some advice based on the fact that you intend to cover good (1000 kms) distance in a day.

If you are planning to halt at Nagpur on first day, pushing it till Seoni is a matter of another 2-2.5 Hours at max or even lesser by a fast bike. Seoni has less options to stay but we ended up at this lovely place called 'The Grand Rajwada' off Seoni Bypass and closer to the main highway

Beyond Seoni the destination for D2 would purely depend on progress you make which will again be dependent on how you tackle the Jhansi - Gwalior stretch which is around 130 kms of mess due to 4 lane expansion work and this alone can take most energy out of you

Let us for instance say you manage Nagpur (1100 Kms) or Seoni (1230 Kms) for Day 1, you can then target either Ghaziabad/NOIDA (before Delhi, 900 Kms) or Panipant (beyond Delhi, 1050 Kms) to halt for Day 2. The good thing is that Yamuna expressway does not restrict 2 wheelers.

Quote:
Do you suggest heading from Nagpur to Rewri directly on D2?
Answered above and the suggestion for Rewri was only if you had opted for the Western India route (Pune - Nashik Dhule Ratlam Jaipur). Since you are inclined towards Central India (NS Corridor) route, you can ignore that suggestion for now and may be evaluate that during you return journey. Honestly, if you want super fast roads, less traffic and can live with basic sanitation facilities along the entire route, NS Corridor is one road to take and ignore everything else. With Family and kids and elders, NS Corridor has to be a well planned choice. Not in your case though.

Quote:
My other question is if I stay in Nagpur outskirts on D1, is it safe to ride out the next morning via Pench at 4 AM?
Absolutely safe. On return we crossed Pench only around midnight (we were at Seoni for Dinner on return around 11:00 PM). Good thing is that you will only have decent truck traffic and no slow hoggers. Only caution is that you drive very carefully under artificial lights inside Pench reserve as I have mentioned that there are quite a few nasty potholes, especially in the ghat sections here.

Quote:
Thank you, this does contain details of the pitstops as well as the petrol bunks. I will try to map out a semi-detailed itinerary for the Blr-Narkhanda section and put it up here for feedback basis your detailed trip log.
You had earlier asked for Reliance fuel stations, here are few in chronological order starting from Bangalore to Karnal, all on your left hand side as you drive North:
  1. After Kurnool: LINK
  2. 25/30 kms after Hyderabad exit: LINK
  3. After Crossing Nizambad Bypass: LINK
  4. After Adilabad: LINK
  5. After Hinghanghat: LINK
  6. If you plan to stay at Seoni, there is one inside Town: LINK
  7. Between Lalitpur and Jhansi: LINK
  8. At Dabra, before Gwalior: LINK
  9. Karnal: LINK

Last edited by paragsachania : 14th September 2018 at 12:25.
paragsachania is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th September 2018, 14:16   #112
BHPian

Quote:
Unfortunately the only option is to brave and negotiate your way through Hyderabad city. Taking state highways through smaller towns and villages is a painful and time consuming task.

There are multiple routes you can follow from Shamshabad.;
- Route 1
- Route 2
- Route 3

The advantage of route 1 and 3 is, it goes via. original Paradise restaurant. Biriyani

You can take a decision depending on traffic density on the day.
strawhat is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th September 2018, 13:43   #113
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawhat View Post
Unfortunately the only option is to brave and negotiate your way through Hyderabad city.

You can take a decision depending on traffic density on the day.
Quote:
Pardon
Thank you both so much. Here is my revised plan:

D1: Blr-Hyd (Stay at Hyd Outskirts)
- Would you have any suggestions on which area to stay in and maybe even a hotel? We would like to use the evening to sight see Hyd sans our bikes, and get some good food.

We will exit Hyd by 4 AM and hence will ride right through the city and escape.

D2: Hyd-Chinndwara/Seoni-Sagar (~900 kms)
- Any suggestions for stay? I have only chosen Sagar because it seems like a good 900 kms/day ride from Hyderabad and will help us take it a bit easy the next day through Jhansi-Gwalior. Other suggestions are welcome.
- Parag, do you still suggest going via Seoni as opposed to Chindwara? Should we avoid Chindwara for some reason? Google does offer both route options. I see that your quote "helps you avoid getting into Nagpur completely as you bypass the city end to end via Oriental Bypass" holds true. I also see that you have just used that route, so will be keen on your advice.

D3: Sagar-Jhansi-Gwalior-Greater Noida (630 kms)
- Any suggestions on stay in Noida close to the highway?

D4: Noida-Chandigarh-Narkhanda.

Does this work?

Last edited by Red Liner : 18th September 2018 at 13:52.
Old 18th September 2018, 15:58   #114
Senior - BHPian

I did Bangalore - Delhi during the last week of August in my Civic.
Initial plan was to do it in 4 days with stops in Hyderabad, Nagpur, Jhansi since I was the only driver. However did it in 3 days and did not stop at Jhansi. Did Delhi from Nagpur in one shot.

MH roads some areas not so great. MP and UP roads were good, not great but biggest problems were bikes and cows and cows and cows on the road. They will force your to slow down to 10-20 km/hr. Very frustrating. Also it seemed it was illegal to have 2 people on the bike. Minimum is 3 and more the better.
Altocumulus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th September 2018, 17:47   #115
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
- Would you have any suggestions on which area to stay in and maybe even a hotel? We would like to use the evening to sight see Hyd sans our bikes, and get some good food.
I would be wrong person to advise here because I have mostly bypassed the city or stayed at Kollur (Off ORR) and driven around the Financial District only.

Quote:
We will exit Hyd by 4 AM and hence will ride right through the city and escape.
Sounds like a perfect plan and this will also ensure you will do the beautiful Hyderabad - Adilabad section before traffic builds up. However, you will face some misc traffic soon after Hinghanghat till you enter Nagpur Ring road as this will be around morning peak hours (0930-1030).

Quote:
D2: Hyd-Chinndwara/Seoni-Sagar (~900 kms)- Any suggestions for stay? I have only chosen Sagar because it seems like a good 900 kms/day ride from Hyderabad and will help us take it a bit easy the next day through Jhansi-Gwalior. Other suggestions are welcome.
If it works for you, which I think it very well should given the fact that you make an early start on D2, nothing like it.

Hotel Deepali is quite a popular one closer to the highway at Sagar.

Quote:
- Parag, do you still suggest going via Seoni as opposed to Chindwara? Should we avoid Chindwara for some reason? Google does offer both route options. I see that your quote "helps you avoid getting into Nagpur completely as you bypass the city end to end via Oriental Bypass" holds true. I also see that you have just used that route, so will be keen on your advice.
I had done the Chindwara route 2 years before and the roads were good, rather fantastic and single lane most of the section after Nagpur till you hit the T Junction at Narsigpur to join back the NS Corridor.

Few BHPians including arjithin took this on return from Ladakh last year and said that it had developed potholes and also more speedbreakers were added.

However, considering how fresh is my update regarding the other route via Seoni, I will today vote for it any day because:

- Only 30 Kms of 2 lane through the forest, still very beautiful
- Take Nagpur ORR/Bypass all the way to exit the city
- Recently done 4 lane between Mansar and Seoni

These 3 reasons make it a better choice today.

Some more food for thought there. I chose 2 common points for both the routes, 1 where you just about enter Nagpur Bypass and the second point at the junction where Chindwara route meets NS Corridor and see the difference with time and Kms:

Delhi to Bangalore : Route Queries-nagpur-narsingpur.jpg

Quote:
D3: Sagar-Jhansi-Gwalior-Greater Noida (630 kms)
- Any suggestions on stay in Noida close to the highway?
Better to check with those from the NCR Region. They will be able to suggest the best.

Quote:
D4: Noida-Chandigarh-Narkhanda. Does this work?
Early morning start from NOIDA, so you get to beat traffic between Delhi and Panipat will really help here.
paragsachania is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th September 2018, 19:25   #116
Distinguished - BHPian

Parag, this sounds perfect! I think we are close to sorting the route out, and now just the hotels remain. Kudos to your patience in answering all our questions here man!
Red Liner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th November 2018, 09:58   #117
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

For a Bangalore-Delhi drive (destination is Ghaziabad if that helps) what are the route options and what are the places recommended for overnight breaks ?
Old 21st November 2018, 08:12   #118
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
For a Bangalore-Delhi drive (destination is Ghaziabad if that helps) what are the route options and what are the places recommended for overnight breaks ?

It depends on what your priority is. Are you looking at the fastest route or looking at good facilities throughout?

Quickest is via Central India - Less traffic and can be done in two days. Facilities for breaks are not great but still manageable.

Via Mumbai, Baroda is longer, more truck traffic beyond Mumbai but main advantages is it has good facilities throughout.

Via Pune, Dhule - This is again a decent option. Dhule - Ratlam - Chittorgarh has less traffic and not much facilities as well.
arun_josie is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2018, 12:40   #119
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
It depends on what your priority is. Are you looking at the fastest route or looking at good facilities throughout?
Thanks Arun!

This is for a friend and at this point, he is just looking at all the options with pros and cons before deciding on one. Would be great if you can detail out each option with a drive plan (he prefers day time driving, so do mention possible places for overnight halts as well in each of the route options)
Old 23rd November 2018, 13:01   #120
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Thanks Arun!

This is for a friend and at this point, he is just looking at all the options with pros and cons before deciding on one. Would be great if you can detail out each option with a drive plan (he prefers day time driving, so do mention possible places for overnight halts as well in each of the route options)
NPV, The pros and cons for most of the choices is mentioned below. I am sure this should give your friend some insight before choosing the right option.

Quote:
I wanted to 'exactly' know this and glad you did.

I will make it really simple first:

Advantage Hyderabad - Nagpur route:
  • More lung space for your car's air filter; more empty, super long and really fast stretches to drive

• Not heavily urban when compared to western India route, hence time taken to cross towns and cities is fast to very fast
Disadvantage Hyderabad - Nagpur route
  • Lack of basic facilities; You are at mercy of Dhabas most of the times between Hyderabad Nagpur & Nagpur to Jhansi

• Lack of urban areas means lack of support in case you need any - Mainly because you are really far from the nearest town that can service or tow your car(s)

• Road construction work between Jhansi and Gwalior - This is a 130 Kms of painful stretch that can easily take 3.5 Hours, especially when you would have flown like an Aircraft for first 1500 kms!
I had a colleague with his family drive in Crysta to Jallandhar last week and knowing how the Central India route is, I advised against it because he was with family. Last year in his Honda City too, he took western India route via Mumbai but due to wrong timings and default route, he ended up spending hours crossing Mumbai as well as Udaipur. Basically, with Hyderabad route, you need to plan things else you need to be extremely flexible.

So I suggested him the following:

Bangalore - Pune - Mumbai - Vadodara - Ahmedabad - Mehasana - Palanpur - Abu Road - Pali - Beawar - Ajmer - Jaipur - Gurgaon - Delhi and he reached this time all happy!

Attachment 1757245

The above route helps you beat the mess around Ahmedabad and Udaipur Exit. Interestingly, Google doesnt even throw this as a route (even when it ist faster) until I myself dragged the route through the via Points I would normally prefer to drive here.

So with this, here should be your plan:
  • Bangalore - Pune : 11 Hours (you know this will be easy for you)
  • Pune - Ahmedabad : 11-12 Hours
  • Ahmedabad - Jaipur - 10-11 Hours
Essentially, you will have to halt thrice on both routes whether Central or Western.

In the end, you have many more choices as below:
  1. Bangalore - Hyderabad - Nagpur - Narsingpur - Chindwara - Jhansi - Gwalior - Agra - NOIDA - Delhi (Central India)

2. Bangalore - Mumbai - Ahmedabad - Himmatnagar - Udaipur - Chittorgarh -Kishangarh (Ajmer) - Jaipur - Gurgaon - Delhi (Western India)

3. Bangalore - Mumbai - Ahmedabad - Mehasana - Palanpur - Abu Road - Pali Beawar -Kishangarh (Ajmer) - Jaipur - Gurgaon - Delhi (Western India but bypassing Ahmedabad - Udaipur section and through less traffic prone route till Ajmer)

4. Bangalore - Pune- Nashik - Dhule - Ratlam - Nemuch -Chittorgarh -Kishangarh (Ajmer) - Jaipur - Gurgaon - Delhi (Western India but totally bypassing the busy Mumbai - Ahmedabad - Udaipur Section)

5. Bangalore - Pune - Mumbai - Vadodara - Halol - Godhra - Ratlam - Nemuch -Chittorgarh -Kishangarh (Ajmer) - Jaipur - Gurgaon - Delhi (Western India that bypasses Ahmedabad - Himmatnagar - Udaipur)
With so many choices and overall timings hardly making significant difference, and for a fact that it is not going to be a non-stop drive, I would personally pick the 3rd one from the list for onward and first one for return.

This is because the 3rd one wins hands down when it comes to facilities and options to break compared to any other route. Furthermore, by just driving 1-1.5 hours extra each day in comparison to central India route, you will still get to reach your destination via a better 'Equipped' route.

Also, the reason why I will suggest you return via different route (If that is a plan) is because you will get perspectives of both quite easily to weigh the pros and cons that I have mentioned.
The only important thing that changes now with the central India route is that one need not do Nagpur - Chindwara - Narsignpur but continue driving on the main NS corridor doing Nagpur - Mansar - Pench - Seoni - Lakhnadon - Narsingpur as its fully (or nearly) done since I last drove 2 months back.

The updates are on the quoted post below:
Quote:
Drove from Bangalore to Jabalpur and back over the last weekend and specific updates are as below:
The central India route is not bad. In fact it is very peaceful to drive as you cross less towns and cities that you otherwise do via Western India options. However, for many irregular travelers, too peaceful also is something negative. So, if your friend is looking for plenty or even decent options at regular intervals to stop by or even stay for the night, then driving via central India route should be a 'Planned' affair.
paragsachania is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks