Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th March 2022, 21:46   #181
BHPian

Re: Delhi to Bangalore : Route Queries

I plan to drive back to Bangalore like I did the last time, though it was from Bangalore to Shimla back in October 2020 (end of the month). Have decided on two routes -

1. Shimla > Chandigarh > Delhi > Jaipur > Udaipur > Surat > Mumbai > Pune > Satara > Hubli > Davangere > Tumakuru > Bangalore

Or the same old trusted route that I drove from

2 .Shimla > Chandigarh > Delhi > Agra > Jhansi > Sagar > Seoni > Nagpur > Hyderabad > Bangalore

How is the condition across both the routes. From what I am reading, it seems that the roads for route number 1 are good plus I will get plenty of restaurants/hotels which the second route are short of.
swunkjyn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th March 2022, 01:02   #182

Hi,
I recently drove from Bangalore to Noida.15 days back. I can vouch for route 2 on the reverse.
Near perfect route. Did it in 3.5 days with plenty of rest and multiple stopovers at Hyderabad, Pench and Gwalior. Found less traffic on NH44 ,so it was a dream to drive.
yes there are less restaurants on the way but that should not be a spoilsport , there are a couple of road side hotels in between Hyderabad and Gwalior. They are not world class but not pathetic as well ,We found this road to be well maintained ,private cars and trucks few and far in between, will try and post pictures when I have some time.

I have heard that route 1 is a busy route and takes more time than route 2.I presume that is a much busier route since lot of trucks ply on that route. There are a couple of videos on 91wheels and Autocar youtube channels which could either corroborate or invalidate this hypothesis. There are plenty of food options on that route(1) since it is closer to main cities.
abhi_trekker is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th March 2022, 17:13   #183
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi_trekker View Post
Hi,
I recently drove from Bangalore to Noida.15 days back. I can vouch for route 2 on the reverse.
Near perfect route. Did it in 3.5 days with plenty of rest and multiple stopovers at Hyderabad, Pench and Gwalior. Found less traffic on NH44 ,so it was a dream to drive.
Hi,
I am Narsi from Bangalore. I am planning a drive from Bangalore to Delhi next month. Planning to take the route via Hyd, Nagpur, Agra.
I wanted to spend a day in Pench and go on safari. Would be of great help if you can give me some details of stay, how to book safari etc.

I can call you if you wish to

Regards
Narsi
Old 15th March 2022, 11:23   #184

Quote:
Originally Posted by narsi_6989 View Post
Hi,
I am Narsi from Bangalore. I am planning a drive from Bangalore to Delhi next month. Planning to take the route via Hyd, Nagpur, Agra.
I wanted to spend a day in Pench and go on safari. Would be of great help if you can give me some details of stay, how to book safari etc.

I can call you if you wish to

Regards
Narsi
Pench jungle is spread out in Maharashtra and Madhya Pradesh. If you plan for a safari on Maharashtra side - the famous gates are Sillari and Khursapar with maximum chances of sightings. Sillari also has good spread of resorts for stay. I personally like Pench on MP side with Khawasa, Rukhad (both buffer) and Karmajhari (Core). There are good resorts here as well.

For booking the safari you can use below websites:
Maharashtra side - https://nationalpark.mahaonline.gov....ilability.aspx
MP side - https://forest.mponline.gov.in/Index.aspx#

As next month is peak summer, you can opt for morning safari which starts around 6 AM. Once you have fixed the gate, you can then probably book a resort nearby based on your budget (there are moderate to really expensive options).
niks4568 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th March 2022, 12:28   #185

Sure we can talk...let me know a number and I can call you personally. I had actually planned for a safari in Pench as well but then resisted the urge.
abhi_trekker is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th March 2022, 13:00   #186
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swunkjyn View Post
I plan to drive back to Bangalore like I did the last time, though it was from Bangalore to Shimla back in October 2020 (end of the month). Have decided on two routes -

1. Shimla > Chandigarh > Delhi > Jaipur > Udaipur > Surat > Mumbai > Pune > Satara > Hubli > Davangere > Tumakuru > Bangalore
2 .Shimla > Chandigarh > Delhi > Agra > Jhansi > Sagar > Seoni > Nagpur > Hyderabad > Bangalore

How is the condition across both the routes..
Route 2 with eyes closed if you want to reach at the earliest. You get very less traffic from Gwalior to Hyderabad which is roughly 1400+km of stress free driving. Only problem is the amount of cattles on the road in MP. Food is decently available on MP stretch (MPTDC midways). And you don't have to face any heavy traffic zones (like around Mumbai etc - exception Agra to Gwalior is a poor highway with too many stoppages and traffic mismanagement)
Old 15th March 2022, 21:12   #187
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi_trekker View Post
Sure we can talk...let me know a number and I can call you personally. I had actually planned for a safari in Pench as well but then resisted the urge.
Thanks a lot. I am unable to PM you since you are a newbie. I am not comfortable in sharing my number here. Can you mail me @ narsisha@gmail.com? I will share my number over email and we can connect.

Thanks again
Old 21st March 2022, 17:04   #188
Senior - BHPian

Folks, even I am planning a Bangalore to Delhi drive in 2nd week of April. Figured its a 3 day trip with 2 night stop over. Options on the table are

Day1 -> BLR - HYD
Day2 -> HYD - Sagar
Day3 -> Sagar - Gurgaon

On day 1, I can drive more but not sure where to stay after Hyderabad? Nagpur within 1 day seems a stretch. Any thoughts?
Old 22nd March 2022, 12:21   #189
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supertinu View Post
On day 1, I can drive more but not sure where to stay after Hyderabad? Nagpur within 1 day seems a stretch. Any thoughts?
Bangalore - Nagpur is doable in a day. However, it depends on you crossing Hyd on time. If you able to cross Hebbal around 4.00 - 4.30AM, you can stop for breakfast just short of Hyderabad and then cross Hyderabad ring road around 11.00 AM. That way, Nagpur can be reached before sunset.

Agree on the issue in having no proper location to stop past Hyderabad. However, you reach Hyderabad too soon to consider that as a first day night destination.
mpksuhas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2022, 15:45   #190
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Bangalore - Nagpur is easily doable in a day, now that most of the poor stretches around TL-MH border are completed. If you leave Bangalore by 4 am, you should be at Nagpur ring road by 6 pm or so.
cool_dube is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th April 2022, 14:10   #191
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
Bangalore - Nagpur is doable in a day. However, it depends on you crossing Hyd on time. If you able to cross Hebbal around 4.00 - 4.30AM, you can stop for breakfast just short of Hyderabad and then cross Hyderabad ring road around 11.00 AM. That way, Nagpur can be reached before sunset.

Agree on the issue in having no proper location to stop past Hyderabad. However, you reach Hyderabad too soon to consider that as a first day night destination.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_dube View Post
Bangalore - Nagpur is easily doable in a day, now that most of the poor stretches around TL-MH border are completed. If you leave Bangalore by 4 am, you should be at Nagpur ring road by 6 pm or so.
Folks did a Bangalore Delhi trip on the weekend of 9 and 10 APril. It was myself and a driver in my XUV500. Did Bangalore-Nagpur on day 1. Left BLR by 4 45am and reached Nagpur around 7pm. Excellent roads throughout and very limited traffic esp from Hyd to Nagpur stretch. Only issue being no eateries after Hyd. Stopped only for Bfast once and remaining were short stops for tea/coffee or restroom.

Day 2 we started at 5am from Nagpur and I reached home in Gurgaon by 8 30pm. Again amazing roads all the way. Traffic increases fair bit from Gwalior to delhi but manageable. We did only a lunch stop at Jhansi and some short ones for tea/coffee.

Total of 44 tolls around 3.5K paid. Worth the money and fasttag was sooo helpful in saving time. Car kept us all comfy in 45deg summer heat. I reached home without any physical tiredness. More of lack of sleep due to early starts.

Last edited by supertinu : 11th April 2022 at 14:13.
supertinu is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th April 2022, 01:08   #192
BHPian

Quote:
Did this trip finally happen?
Unfortunately couldn't go ahead with the plan.

Hopefully some day I will be able to plan it again.

---

Good luck to everyone who is planning their own trips

I have heard the Delhi to Jaipur highway has some construction going on which is slowing the traffic significantly. Don't have an update of whether they have completed the works.
Old 14th June 2022, 11:42   #193

Hi all, this is my first post here after following this platform for 20+ years. I am planning a trip from Noida - Bengaluru. Time is of essence, so the route is Noida > Agra > Jhansi > Sagar > Seoni > Nagpur > Hyderabad > Bangalore. Plan is to leave on Thursday evening (16th June) or Friday early morning (17th June). It would be me, my brother in law (second driver) and my 12 year old niece (summer vacation road trip for her). Car is Creta diesel. While we have driven to Udaipur, Shimla, Mussourie, Amritsar, Jammu etc. in the past this is going to be a long drive. Need inputs on:
1. Place to stay at Jhansi (assuming we start on Thursday evening)?
2. Place to stay at Nagpur (assuming we start on Friday morning)?

Will be happy to get suggestions on good restaurants on the way. Thanks in advance.
Old 14th June 2022, 13:28   #194
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKR268 View Post

Will be happy to get suggestions on good restaurants on the way. Thanks in advance.
Jhansi : Lemon Tree
Nagpur : The Legend Inn
nitinralli is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th June 2022, 16:21   #195
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKR268 View Post
Hi all, this is my first post here after following this platform for 20+ years. I am planning a trip from Noida - Bengaluru. Time is of essence, so the route is Noida > Agra > Jhansi > Sagar > Seoni > Nagpur > Hyderabad > Bangalore. Plan is to leave on Thursday evening (16th June) or Friday early morning (17th June). It would be me, my brother in law (second driver) and my 12 year old niece (summer vacation road trip for her). Car is Creta diesel. While we have driven to Udaipur, Shimla, Mussourie, Amritsar, Jammu etc. in the past this is going to be a long drive. Need inputs on:

I did this trip recently couple of weeks back over 2D 1N from Gurgaon to BLR with stopover at Nagpur. THis does require lot of intensive driving of about 14-15 hrs each day starting from 5am. If with a kid you feel its too much then plan DEL-Narsingpur-HYD-BLR. PRoblem is that beyond Nagpur there are no good options to stay till Hyde, so you need to divide travel accordingly.
supertinu is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks