Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th October 2023, 13:39   #256
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Delhi to Bangalore : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjr0498 View Post
Hello,

I heard some folks say that the Nagpur-Jabalpur route is now completely screwed! Is that true? I plan on doing that stretch in the coming week!
Entire stretch from Agra to Hyderabad is a complete mess. Either cows or potholes the size of cows. As of a month back.

Not sure how the above gentleman did not encounter any of these things. Not a chance that the entire stretch could have been relaid this quickly.

Last edited by Red Liner : 30th October 2023 at 13:40.
Old 30th October 2023, 13:42   #257
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hello,

I heard some folks say that the Nagpur-Jabalpur route is now completely screwed! Is that true? I plan on doing that stretch in the coming week!
Am also driving the coming weekend will update this stretch once am done.
Old 30th October 2023, 13:45   #258
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Hello,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post

Not sure how the above gentleman did not encounter any of these things. Not a chance that the entire stretch could have been relaid this quickly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gajadonga View Post
Am also driving the coming weekend will update this stretch once am done.
Remains excellent and can be done in 4 hours easily. This is the latest status.
paragsachania is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th November 2023, 16:53   #259
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
Remains excellent and can be done in 4 hours easily. This is the latest status.
Very true roads are in good conditions and no hassles as such. Did this stretch last weekend
gajadonga is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th November 2023, 18:16   #260
BHPian

Hello,

I might have to drive down from Gurgaon to Bangalore in a few days time and wanted to check if this route is still the best option:

Gurgaon - Agra - Jhansi - Sagar - Nagpur - Hyderabad - Bangalore

I'm going to be driving solo and the plan is to cover as much distance as possible. Would 2 full days of driving with a nights break be sufficient to cover this distance safely. Or, do I need to budget for another day?

Thanks !
Old 8th November 2023, 23:10   #261
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vignesh.cv View Post
Hello,

I might have to drive down from Gurgaon to Bangalore in a few days time and wanted to check if this route is still the best option:

I'm going to be driving solo and the plan is to cover as much distance as possible. Would 2 full days of driving with a nights break be sufficient to cover this distance safely. Or, do I need to budget for another day?

Thanks !
Hey,
I did this route twice last year. Best option for this journey.

I did it solo too.
Started 4pm from Noida, checked into a hotel after jhansi at 11pm.
Couldn't sleep as the hotel had a function and was playing loud music, managed to get a 2 hour power nap.
Left at 4am, reached nagpur by 11am, Hyderabad by 4pm and finally Bangalore by 11pm.
Took me about 27 hours of driving time to cover ~2200kms.

I wouldn't recommend this though if you haven't done a lot of cross country solo driving. The exertion due to speed is intense.
My car was lowered so the body exertion was high as well.

Best is to start early from Delhi and check in at nagpur by the night, rest properly and cover nagpur to bangalore the next day.

The strech in MP is really beautiful as you go through parts of Pench Forest but be very very aware of animals on the road.

Also, a general rule of thumb when covering such distances is to have an extra day and night, be cool and calm and not to worry too much on the time. The distance is a lot and the key is to average good speed other wise the day will pass and you would not be seeing the distance reduce.

As for the road condition, perfect all around.

All the best!

Last edited by bhphog : 8th November 2023 at 23:15.
bhphog is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th November 2023, 11:11   #262
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhphog View Post
Hey,
I did this route twice last year. Best option for this journey.

I did it solo too.

Best is to start early from Delhi and check in at nagpur by the night, rest properly and cover nagpur to bangalore the next day.

As for the road condition, perfect all around.

All the best!
Many thanks for this, I was also planning the same. If it doesn't work out for whatever reason, planning additional stop over at Hyderabad. I have driven done max 800km in a day with breaks. So, this might be a stretch and hope it'll be manageable given the weather this time of the year.
Old 19th November 2023, 01:48   #263
BHPian

For biker doing Bangalore - Delhi, Is there a faster and reliable route to bypass Hyderabad as bike are not allowed on the ORR?
Old 19th November 2023, 06:06   #264
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhphog View Post
Started 4pm from Noida, checked into a hotel after jhansi at 11pm.
Couldn't sleep as the hotel had a function and was playing loud music, managed to get a 2 hour power nap.
Left at 4am, reached nagpur by 11am, Hyderabad by 4pm and finally Bangalore by 11pm.
Took me about 27 hours of driving time to cover ~2200kms.

I wouldn't recommend this though if you haven't done a lot of cross country solo driving. The exertion due to speed is intense.
My car was lowered so the body exertion was high as well.

Question: Won't the Delhi-Nagpur section tire you down? I understand it's good road these days. Won't this induce fatigue. It's about 1000km and traffic?

If needed the other break point can be Gwalior? Say start late on Day -1 and drive till Gwalior. Stay overnight and next day drive at leisure to Nagpur. And on the next drive to Bangalore. If one can't make it there is always Hyderabad on the way to break.
Old 19th November 2023, 08:15   #265
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkSolo View Post
For biker doing Bangalore - Delhi, Is there a faster and reliable route to bypass Hyderabad as bike are not allowed on the ORR?
No. Halt on the outskirts of Hyd on whichever direction you choose for the night. Leave first thing in the morning to wipe through the city before the traffic picks up.
Old 19th November 2023, 10:59   #266
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Question: Won't the Delhi-Nagpur section tire you down? I understand it's good road these days. Won't this induce fatigue. It's about 1000km and traffic?

If needed the other break point can be Gwalior? Say start late on Day -1 and drive till Gwalior. Stay overnight and next day drive at leisure to Nagpur. And on the next drive to Bangalore. If one can't make it there is always Hyderabad on the way to break.
It's doable considering roads are pretty sorted. However, what you suggest makes sense. My body and mind were used to long distance cross country driving during that period as I had done delhi-manali, delhi-udaipur, etc so I guess i could take the fatigue.

Gwalior is a good break point, and nagpur too. Plenty of hotels on the highway itself, no detour required. Hyderabad - I'm not sure how much you would have to drive inside the city.

Honestly, to each its own. Ultimately, one should not exert the mind and body to a point they are not comfortable. Hotels are there pretty much at every town you pass, only place I didn't see them was between Hyderabad and Bangalore.
bhphog is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2023, 16:00   #267
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vignesh.cv View Post
Hello,

Wanted to update this thread as I covered this last week. The traffic was tolerable until about Mathura. Post that, it was busy and you have to slow considerably to navigate around the numerous crowded sections. The roads are good until Gwalior. From then on, you have lot of bad patches especially after crossing Jhansi. It's better to take a break if you are covering this stretch towards late evening or night. Take a night halt after Jhansi or Sagar and start the next day. You simply cannot hold the same pace as you did before Gwalior. The road conditions are mixed until you reach Narsinghpur. Post that, the roads get better until you reach Nagpur. I had to take a break at Narsinghpur as it was already midnight and did not want to push my luck further. I ended up covering the Nagpur stretch the next day.

I would not suggest covering Gurgaon - Nagpur in one day, unless you can start very early from Gurgaon.

Nagpur to Bangalore via Hyderabad is about 1100kms - this stretch is in good condition and you can cover this in a day if you start early enough. I started at approx 5:45am from the hotel in Nagpur and was at home in Bangalore by 9:45pm. You can hold decent speeds all through. There aren't many hotels until you cross Nizamabad, so you will have to plan around that if you want to stop for breakfast somewhere.
vignesh.cv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2023, 17:02   #268
BHPian

Jhansi - Nagpur - Hyderabad - Bengaluru

I did this stretch in Aug 2023 on the way back from Lucknow. While roads are mostly great, covering it in 2 days is still a stretch, with several conditions applied. Jhansi - BLR is 1700+ kms, so unless we have some stretches access-controlled like the Mahamarg, it is a little beyond my comfort zone at least. Even if traffic is less in most part of this route, highways in India are always full of surprises so we cannot actually cruise at 100-120 always.

The first problem is that road surface is not great all the way. Sections around Narsighpur, Lakhnadon, Hinganghat - Pandarkhwada, and even Adilabad - Nirmal had issues - bad surface, deep ruts, occasional closure of one lane for repairs, and moon craters near MH-TS border. The climb near Lakhnadon can also slow one down if two trucks compete at 10 and 12 kmph. It was surprising to see sections in TS being bad, considering it was known for great surface.

Secondly, outskirts of Nagpur and Hyderabad, not the least, Bengaluru, have high traffic. Nagpur - Butibori was too much bike traffic, Medchal was like office commute, and Shamshabad had flyover construction. Till Mahbubnagar the traffic did not really clear up. Finally, bumper to bumper traffic at 60 kmph once we entered KA. These don't matter much in Nagpur - HYD or HYD - BLR commute, but greatly increase stress if we skip one.

Thirdly, not many good accommodations where we could break the journey. I am aware of world famous TBHP approved hotels at Sagar and Narsighpur (and I confirm Deepali at Sagar is good enough - we went there for breakfast), but we could really do with some good places to stay around Adilabad or Nizamabad, where options are limited.

An early start from Delhi can bring one to Hotel Deepali, Sagar (650 kms), then break again at Nizamabad, about 750 kms on either side. But until some of the above issues are sorted, better to take one more day and enjoy the drive.
Old 5th March 2024, 06:16   #269

Hi,
I have driven from Delhi to Bangalore and back in the past, normally Delhi - Gwalior (or Jhansi) - Jabalpur - Nagpur - Hyderabad - Bangalore.

When I drove previously it did not take as long as Google maps is showing now. This route used to take much less time than the other routes via the western Ghats. At present it is showing around 1 day 12 hours for this route, and 1 day 11 hours for the western ghats route. For just a comparison I put my origin and destination in both Delhi and Bengaluru rather than the individual stops so I could see the estimates for both routes.

I feel the Hyderabad-Bengaluru and Nagpur-Hyderabad estimates are longer than expected.

I was wondering if one can provide some guidance on which route would be better over the next couple of months and why there is a larger than expected estimate ? Is it just my imagination? Has the eastern route become longer or the western route become shorter?

I will not be able to drive for more than 5-7 hours per day, so am planning to stop and rest at most convenient places. I drive almost exactly the speed limit or less as I use cruise control. I stop every couple of hours to take a rest break.

Last edited by KarthikK : 5th March 2024 at 06:22.
Old 5th March 2024, 08:06   #270
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandizer View Post
Nagpur-Hyderabad
The only possibly delay would be construction work happening immediately north of Hyderabad for about 30 km or so. I was starting from Kamareddy at 6 am, so I didn't lose any time in this section.

Ideally I'd have expected Jhansi-Nagpur to take more time than before, since last year's monsoon had taken a toll on the section and several drivers have reported surprise potholes and craters. One of the reasons I took Kota-Biaora-Nagpur from Jaipur during the holiday season.

If you want to try a new route you can try Delhi-NE4-Jaipur bypass-Jhalawar-Bhanapura-NE4-Ratlam-Dhamnod-Dhule-Chalisgaon-Aurangabad-Solapur bypass-Chitradurga-Bangalore. Only 2 sections you need to watch out are the Jhalawar-Bhanapura connectivity and the known construction on Dhule-Chalisgaon sector. HCVs aren't allowed on Kannad, so many have reported phenomenal drive times for Indore-Auranagabad compared to the past.
narayans80 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks