Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th July 2022, 21:12   #211
BHPian

Re: Delhi to Bangalore : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by airbus View Post
During end of March I drove from Kurnool, AP to Seoni, MP, a distance of 897 kms in 14.5 hours. Details on this thread (Suggestions for Bengaluru - Assam - Bengaluru road trip).

We stayed at Vatika Celebrations in Seoni. If there is no wedding on your arrival day, you should get a room.
Thanks airbus, noting down your advice.
Old 11th July 2022, 13:45   #212
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaksjr View Post
Thanks airbus, noting down your advice.
You can also consider stopping at Narsingpur on day 1 then it would be easy reaching Hyderabad next day. Theres a hotel called Hotel the Grand Shukarana. Stayed twice there while doing Delhi Hyderabad, first time it was good, second time after lockdown quality dropped a bit. Its right on the highway so no tension of getting inside city and all.

From Agra to Gwalior traffic is pain, after that you make up time as roads are good. Just start early.
nitinralli is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2022, 15:23   #213
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli View Post
You can also consider stopping at Narsingpur on day 1 then it would be easy reaching Hyderabad next day. Theres a hotel called Hotel the Grand Shukarana. Stayed twice there while doing Delhi Hyderabad, first time it was good, second time after lockdown quality dropped a bit. Its right on the highway so no tension of getting inside city and all.

From Agra to Gwalior traffic is pain, after that you make up time as roads are good. Just start early.
Thanks, Nitin. Agra to Gwalior traffic seems to be a common complain on this thread, so I am sure I will face it too
Narsingpur seems like its a good mid way halt between Delhi & Hyderabad, breaks up the distances quite evenly. Will keep your suggested hotel in mind and look for other options, if any.
chaksjr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th July 2022, 09:13   #214
BHPian

Quote:
You can also consider stopping at Narsingpur on day 1 then it would be easy reaching Hyderabad next day.
Any suggestions to stay at in Hyderabad around the ORR entry and exit points?
Medchal entry and Bangalore highway exit. There are a lot of hotels around the airport, which seems like the preferable location since I could then directly dart out of the city onto the NH44.
Any hotel in particular one might suggest here?
Old 15th July 2022, 10:49   #215
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Any suggestions to stay at in Hyderabad around the ORR entry and exit points?
Medchal entry and Bangalore highway exit. There are a lot of hotels around the airport, which seems like the preferable location since I could then directly dart out of the city onto the NH44.
Any hotel in particular one might suggest here?
Would suggest staying at Financial District. Very easy in and out through ORR. Lemon tree hotel Gachibowli is one hotel you can checkout. Rest you have many options in Financial district like Hyatt, Marriott etc
Old 15th July 2022, 11:02   #216
BHPian

Quote:
Would suggest staying at Financial District. Very easy in and out through ORR. Lemon tree hotel Gachibowli is one hotel you can checkout. Rest you have many options in Financial district like Hyatt, Marriott etc
Completely missed this area, thanks Nitin.
Old 15th July 2022, 11:18   #217
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Completely missed this area, thanks Nitin.
Most welcome.

Also just remind me to update road conditions here as I would be again on road from 23rd July from Hyderabad to Delhi.
Old 24th July 2022, 13:21   #218
BHPian

Quote:
Most welcome.

Also just remind me to update road conditions here as I would be again on road from 23rd July from Hyderabad to Delhi.
Hi Nitin, reminder.
Old 25th July 2022, 10:48   #219
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi Nitin, reminder.
I started from Hyderabad at 4:30 and reached Jhansi lemon tree at 7pm.

Roads have taken a hit after rains. MH roads still remains the worst of the lot. Big and deep pothholes. So drive carefully. MP as usual cow menace.

Somehow i escaped a scary situation around Gwalior where on toll both Kavarias were stone pelting on cars as there was a accident at night when a truck mowed down 6 people. Lucky i escaped.

From Jhansi to Gwalior roads are excellent as always. From there till Agra is pain cause of traffic. Took a new narrow bypass route in order to avoid entering Agra city and reach expressway.
Expressway there was no police checks at toll booths this time so did some good rally speeds
Reached Delhi at 1pm. Ashram remains pain area both side due to work.

Let me know if you want to know anything else.
Old 25th July 2022, 10:58   #220
BHPian

Quote:
I started from Hyderabad at 4:30 and reached Jhansi lemon tree at 7pm.

Roads have taken a hit after rains. MH roads still remains the worst of the lot. Big and deep pothholes. So drive carefully. MP as usual cow menace.

Took a new narrow bypass route in order to avoid entering Agra city and reach expressway.
Expressway there was no police checks at toll booths this time so did some good rally speeds

Glad to read you escaped that situation around Gwalior!
I am planning to stop at Narsinghpur as suggested by you earlier, so would just want an estimate from you on the time needed to do Delhi to Narsingpur (early morning departure) and Narsingpur to Financial District (early morning departure as well).
Also any particular spots to look out for speed cams, if you might remember.

My plan is to do Vasant Kunj - Agra via Yamuna e-way - Narsinghpur on day 1. Narsingpur to Hyderabad on day 2, and Hyderabad to Hosur on day 3.
Old 16th August 2022, 12:36   #221
BHPian

Apologies for posting twice in the same thread..

Left Delhi on 12th morning and arrived at Hosur on 14th evening.
Day 1 - Departed Vasant Kunj at 5:45AM in the morning, drove through Yamuna e-way, Gwalior, Jhansi to reach The Grand Shukarana, Narsinghpur at 5:30PM in the evening. Maintained speeds at or below 100kmph.
Day 2 - Departed at almost 6AM and reached Fairfield by Marriott in Financial District at Hyderabad by 5:45PM. Similar speeds with no over speeding. Some bad roads in Maharashtra but not for too long. We managed to beat GMaps predictions on both days without driving aggressively.
Day 3 - Since the drive was shorter, we left leisurely at almost 8AM post breakfast at the hotel. Drove through Bengaluru city instead of bypassing through village roads, reached Hosur post 6PM. Roads were excellent throughout barring some construction work going on at Ananthapur.

The car averaged 20.5kmpl as per the car's MID (did not check the tank-2-tank method) and even though I was the only one driving among the 3 us I was pretty energetic post the drive without a sore body part, which is a testament to the cruising capabilities of the Ecosport.
Old 16th August 2022, 18:39   #222
BANNED

Quote:
From Jhansi to Gwalior roads are excellent as always. From there till Agra is pain cause of traffic. Took a new narrow bypass route in order to avoid entering Agra city and reach expressway.

I am going that way in a few weeks. Can you highlight in maps which area is a traffic headache? Because the route that Google maps is showing me appears to skirt around Agra.
Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
Delhi to Bangalore : Route Queries-044ff016ee154fabbafbb337e32cd5c3.png  

Old 18th August 2022, 06:41   #223
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragul View Post
I am going that way in a few weeks. Can you highlight in maps which area is a traffic headache? Because the route that Google maps is showing me appears to skirt around Agra.
Thanks!
The route between Agra and Gwalior has a good amount of traffic, which means that autos and local 2 wheelers are in plenty. Post Gwalior the roads are decently empty.
Old 8th September 2022, 12:09   #224

Hi. I'll be travelling with family from BLR (Hebbal) to Delhi on 24th Sep (I'll be the only driver), and planning to take the NH44 route as that seems to be the shortest route per GMaps. This is how I am planning to breakup this whole trip as I am trying to avoid night driving as much as possible.

Day 1: BLR to Nirmal (807 KM)
Day 2: Nirmal to Sagar (667 KM)
Day 3: Sagar to Agra (432 KM)
Day 4: Agra and Mathura sightseeing.
Day 5: Mathura to Delhi (154 KM)

I have done couple small trips recently, but this will be my first long road trip and hence not sure what all to plan for or to expect. So, I am looking for feedback from you all on this route and plan.
  1. Does this plan look OK or should I change night stop locations?
  2. Any recommended hotels along this route without going too far away from NH?
  3. Recommended do's and dont's?
Old 9th September 2022, 17:23   #225
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by f9_abs View Post
  1. Does this plan look OK or should I change night stop locations?
  2. Any recommended hotels along this route without going too far away from NH?
  3. Recommended do's and dont's?
1. Not driving at night is a good decision, especially in the Nagpur - Agra stretch, as its full of cows/bulls on the road, anywhere and everywhere. Though traffic will be less, animals will be in plenty. Do take care. Roads are great throughout, except for stretches in Maharashtra.
2. I did a 2 stop journey with halts at Narsinghpur & Hyderabad (DEL-BLR), so I don't have hotel recommendations for you as none of the stop points coincide. Would only recommend that you research hotels well before so that you can directly head to one post reaching your stops.
3. Invest in a dashcam if you already haven't, would be of great help in long trips and unknown locales if, god forbid, you get into any trouble.

Have a safe trip!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks