Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th March 2012, 14:10   #61
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Delhi to Bangalore : Route Queries

Try for an early start from Delhi, earlier than what you are planning as per your last post (5-6 am), tourist traffic from Delhi towards Agra starts early in morning itself, more so since summer vaccations starting. Hence say a start of 4 AM or before will help you in reaching Agra by around 7AM. This way you can reach Sagar bit early and have good rest before your long second day. Remember,cross Agra and Sagar is just ~500 Kms.
mpksuhas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th March 2012, 15:07   #62
v&v
Senior - BHPian

Re: Bangalore-Delhi-Bangalore Roadtrip

Quote:
Originally Posted by addyhemmige View Post
If I start off from Delhi early in the morning (maybe around 5-6 am), when can I reach Sagar? I was thinking if I can reach Sagar for the night (maybe by 9pm), I could try to reach Hyderabad the next evening (I don't mind if it is late night). Delhi-Sagar is approx 700 kms and Sagar-Hyderabad is around 900 kms as per google maps. I know I'm stretching on day 2, but I would prefer to stay for the night in Hyderabad than someplace before. So, even if I can leave Hyderabad late next day, I should have no problems reaching home by midnight.

Btw, How are road conditions in the Delhi-Agra-Gwalior sector?
Will be tight. if you start 4ish then hope fully you will hit Sagar by 7 to 8 pm.
Same goes for Sagar - Hybd but doable.

The sectors which will slow you down - Agra bypass(20kms), Dholpur(10kms), Gwalior bypass(20kms), Entire Gwalior - Jhasi (Last 40kms) route and Jhansi - Babina (25kms)

Babina to Sagar is a good 200 kms. We needed 4 hours to cover it.

So you will need a good 8 to 10 hrs to reach Jhansi. You will need to drive tough 14 to 16 hrs of drive to cover 650 odd kms.

IMO it will be very tiring.

Last edited by v&v : 30th March 2012 at 15:08.
v&v is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th March 2012, 16:45   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Ranjit. I am not able to stretch the trip by a day, hence I have to cover as much ground as possible within the available time. If I start off from Delhi early in the morning (maybe around 5-6 am), when can I reach Sagar? I was thinking if I can reach Sagar for the night (maybe by 9pm), I could try to reach Hyderabad the next evening (I don't mind if it is late night). Delhi-Sagar is approx 700 kms and Sagar-Hyderabad is around 900 kms as per google maps. I know I'm stretching on day 2, but I would prefer to stay for the night in Hyderabad than someplace before. So, even if I can leave Hyderabad late next day, I should have no problems reaching home by midnight.

Btw, How are road conditions in the Delhi-Agra-Gwalior sector?
Delhi agra should take you 3 to 4 hrs totally dependent on traffic and never on road conditions.The Taj Expressway is scheduled to open end of April so if your drive is after that then you can take it from Noida.There have been ads in the local dailies about this.if its open noida agra snhouldnt take much time.overall del sagar would be a 14hr drive.

Sagar Hyd is going to be a very long haul.budget for almost 16hrs to 18hrs drive.Why dont you stay at Gwalior on day 1.and day 2 stay at nagpur.third day you could easily do nagpur to blore.its better to do a 16hr drive between ngp and blr on superfast excellent 4laned roads as opposed to doing a 16hr drive via 2laned heavy trafficked roads.nagpur to blore is a very convenient and non tiring drive.start from nagpur around 6am.you would be in hyd for lunch at 1pm.I can guide you out from NH7 ngp side onto NH7 blr side.If you manage to leave hyd even by 3pm you would be at Devanahalli by 10pm latest.

Last edited by ranjitp1 : 30th March 2012 at 16:48.
ranjitp1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th March 2012, 17:57   #64
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Delhi Agra is a very busy 4 lane road. It sometimes can take more than 4 hours to cover this 200 km! Sgiitk does the Agra Gwalior sector frequently. He should have more details.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
Try for an early start from Delhi, earlier than what you are planning as per your last post (5-6 am), tourist traffic from Delhi towards Agra starts early in morning itself, more so since summer vaccations starting. Hence say a start of 4 AM or before will help you in reaching Agra by around 7AM. This way you can reach Sagar bit early and have good rest before your long second day. Remember,cross Agra and Sagar is just ~500 Kms.
Thanks ampere and Suhas!! I guess, it is better if I start a bit early. Would the volume of traffic be the same on a weekday, because I will leave Delhi on a Wednesday morning (as per plan).

Quote:
Originally Posted by v&v View Post
Will be tight. if you start 4ish then hope fully you will hit Sagar by 7 to 8 pm.
Same goes for Sagar - Hybd but doable.

The sectors which will slow you down - Agra bypass(20kms), Dholpur(10kms), Gwalior bypass(20kms), Entire Gwalior - Jhasi (Last 40kms) route and Jhansi - Babina (25kms)

Babina to Sagar is a good 200 kms. We needed 4 hours to cover it.

So you will need a good 8 to 10 hrs to reach Jhansi. You will need to drive tough 14 to 16 hrs of drive to cover 650 odd kms.

IMO it will be very tiring.
Thanks v&v, if we are not able to keep up the pace, I guess it would be better to break the journey at either Gwalior (as Ranjit has suggested) or Jhansi (any good hotels here?). If it gets too tiring, we'll definitely take a break. We don't want to push ourselves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
Delhi agra should take you 3 to 4 hrs totally dependent on traffic and never on road conditions.The Taj Expressway is scheduled to open end of April so if your drive is after that then you can take it from Noida.There have been ads in the local dailies about this.if its open noida agra snhouldnt take much time.overall del sagar would be a 14hr drive.

Sagar Hyd is going to be a very long haul.budget for almost 16hrs to 18hrs drive.Why dont you stay at Gwalior on day 1.and day 2 stay at nagpur.third day you could easily do nagpur to blore.its better to do a 16hr drive between ngp and blr on superfast excellent 4laned roads as opposed to doing a 16hr drive via 2laned heavy trafficked roads.nagpur to blore is a very convenient and non tiring drive.start from nagpur around 6am.you would be in hyd for lunch at 1pm.I can guide you out from NH7 ngp side onto NH7 blr side.If you manage to leave hyd even by 3pm you would be at Devanahalli by 10pm latest.
Thanks Ranjit, hopefully the Taj Expressway will be open by the time I make my trip *fingers crossed*. I had thought this was already open and functioning, that is till I saw the other thread on the Expressway.

I am seriously considering your idea of breaking the journey at Gwalior and Nagpur, instead of Sagar and Hyderabad. The idea of reaching Hyderabad by lunch time from Nagpur sounds good, as anyway, I would have started from there only after lunch even if I had stayed there the previous night. I wouldn't just want you to guide me from NH7 NGP to NH7 BLR, you'll also need to guide me to the best Hyderabadi Biryani in town. I don't want to miss the Biryani, you see.

Last edited by addyhemmige : 30th March 2012 at 17:58.
Old 30th March 2012, 17:59   #65
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Thanks ampere, Suhas, I guess, it is better if I start a bit early. Would the volume of traffic be the same on a weekday, because I will leave Delhi on a Wednesday morning (as per plan).
Since you are traveling mid-year this may not be a problem. But in winters, fog is big menace for Delhi-Agra road.
Last Nov I was on that road it was very bad.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th March 2012, 18:48   #66
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Thanks Ranjit, hopefully the Taj Expressway will be open by the time I make my trip *fingers crossed*. I had thought this was already open and functioning, that is till I saw the other thread on the Expressway.

I am seriously considering your idea of breaking the journey at Gwalior and Nagpur, instead of Sagar and Hyderabad. The idea of reaching Hyderabad by lunch time from Nagpur sounds good, as anyway, I would have started from there only after lunch even if I had stayed there the previous night. I wouldn't just want you to guide me from NH7 NGP to NH7 BLR, you'll also need to guide me to the best Hyderabadi Biryani in town. I don't want to miss the Biryani, you see.
Taj EW was earlier supposed to open on 1st Apr,now its been pushed to end of Apr.So keep your fingers crossed.Politics must be at play as usual.

Plan for night stays at Gwalior & Nagpur.Safer than Jhansi and better hotels as opposed to Jhansi.Sorry no clue of any hotels in Jhansi.Gwalior Regency is a good place in Gwalior.Peanut is good in Nagpur.

I shall pm you my number,give me a call as you cross Medchal on NH7 and shall guide you on from there.Hyderabad is one big long food court when it comes to biriyanis.You could even consider staying back in Hyd and even if you leave Hyd by 4am you would conveniently make it to Blore by 11am-12pm!
ranjitp1 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st March 2012, 09:14   #67
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

You can stay in Hotel Sita in Jhansi
hvkumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st March 2012, 13:42   #68
v&v
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by addyhemmige

Thanks v&v, if we are not able to keep up the pace, I guess it would be better to break the journey at either Gwalior (as Ranjit has suggested) or Jhansi (any good hotels here?). If it gets too tiring, we'll definitely take a break. We don't want to push
You can do easily Jhansi on day 1, day 2 Nagpur, and day 3 bangalore.

Hotels @ jhansi lots of then around sardarilai market and beyond. We stayed at Hotel Prakash regency.

Nagpur @ you will have lots of hotel at Nagpur exit, immediately exiting ORR.
v&v is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th June 2012, 21:28   #69
BHPian

I'm planning to drive down from Gurgaon to Bangalore via the Golden quadrilateral (Udaipur, Surat, Mumbai, Pune, Bangalore) in the last week of this month.

Can someone advise me if the monsoon is going to be a problem during the time?
I'm not asking anyone to be a weatherman( ), rather trying to get a feel for how badly the roads & my schedule will be affected in case it does rain.
Old 4th June 2012, 21:40   #70
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by d3mon View Post
I'm planning to drive down from Gurgaon to Bangalore via the Golden quadrilateral (Udaipur, Surat, Mumbai, Pune, Bangalore) in the last week of this month.

Can someone advise me if the monsoon is going to be a problem during the time?
I'm not asking anyone to be a weatherman( ), rather trying to get a feel for how badly the roads & my schedule will be affected in case it does rain.
Rains would have started in Karnataka, Maharashtra & Gujarat.
However, monsoons are not a problem on this route unless some heavy downpours result in flooding in some parts of South Gujarat. Nowhere while bypassing Bombay region you should face water-logging or disruption.
hvkumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th June 2012, 18:01   #71
BHPian

Hi HVK

Need you advice on this. Am planning to do Delhi (Dwarka) - Bangalore in a new Alto. Helping a friend relocate. Am planning to do it in end of June or July. It is neither a pleasure(read slow / holiday) trip nor a speed record. My guess as of now is that the Alto will also be fully loaded with 3 adults (including me) plus luggage/carrier etc. So I need a no nonsense point A to B mostly good roads.

Which is better?

1. Delhi - Jaipur - Ahmd - Mumbai - Pune - Bangalore? or

2. Delhi - Agra - Gwalior - Nagpur - Hyd - Bangalore

And what are the preferred pit-stops

Am familiar with Blr to Mumbai & Blr to Hyd. Rest I have not done by road.

Hope my friend finishes at least the 1st service before we start this journey. If he does not - can I still do it if I keep the speed within 80 kmph?
Old 5th June 2012, 20:56   #72
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockyb
Hi HVK

Need you advice on this. Am planning to do Delhi (Dwarka) - Bangalore in a new Alto. Helping a friend relocate. Am planning to do it in end of June or July. It is neither a pleasure(read slow / holiday) trip nor a speed record. My guess as of now is that the Alto will also be fully loaded with 3 adults (including me) plus luggage/carrier etc. So I need a no nonsense point A to B mostly good roads.

Which is better?

1. Delhi - Jaipur - Ahmd - Mumbai - Pune - Bangalore? or

2. Delhi - Agra - Gwalior - Nagpur - Hyd - Bangalore

And what are the preferred pit-stops

Am familiar with Blr to Mumbai & Blr to Hyd. Rest I have not done by road.

Hope my friend finishes at least the 1st service before we start this journey. If he does not - can I still do it if I keep the speed within 80 kmph?
Day 1: Del-AMD
Day 2: AMD-Satara
Day 3:Satara-Blr

No problems with doing the route before the 1st service.You could burst into 100kph as well.
Old 5th June 2012, 21:51   #73
BHPian

Satara means I don't touch Mumbai / Pune at all? Good. Can you please mention the NH number and where do i take detour after Ahmd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
Day 1: Del-AMD
Day 2: AMD-Satara
Day 3:Satara-Blr

No problems with doing the route before the 1st service.You could burst into 100kph as well.
Old 5th June 2012, 22:28   #74
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockyb View Post
Satara means I don't touch Mumbai / Pune at all? Good. Can you please mention the NH number and where do i take detour after Ahmd.
You would touch Mumbai and Pune. Satara is further down from Pune (110kms). Considering Ahmedabad-Mumbai in 8 hours max and another 3 hours to exit Pune, you will need another 1.5 hours after bypassing Pune to reach Satara Bypass which has good options for stay.
Del-Ahmedabad on Day 1 looks possible in case you start very early. You might actually want to push it easily till Vadodara as the NE1 would hardly be any stressmaker while adding another 100 kms after Ahmedabad.
Old 3rd August 2012, 08:53   #75
BHPian

OK Guys

Finally am ready for the trip. It will be a relaxed drive considering its a brand new Alto. Here is the route I have finalised

Day1: Delhi to Udaipur
Day 2: Udaipur (Local sightseeing) - Jaisamand lake - Gandhinagar (Gujarat) - am avoiding Amdavad
Day 3: Gandhinagar - Mahabaleshwar or Kashid / Murud (Maharastra)
Day 4: Mahabaleshwar or Kashid / Murud (Local sightseeing)
Day 5: Bangalore

Any Suggestion on Mahabaleshwar or Kashid / Murud. I read it raining heavily in Maharastra.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks