Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th August 2012, 17:06   #76
BHPian

re: Delhi to Bangalore : Route Queries

How do I bypass Jaipur town while travelling from Delhi to Udaipur?

After Gandhingr am planning to take Sarder Patel ring road and touch Ahmd - Varodara Expressway.

Any tips / suggestions?
Old 13th August 2012, 21:55   #77
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockyb View Post
How do I bypass Jaipur town while travelling from Delhi to Udaipur?

After Gandhingr am planning to take Sarder Patel ring road and touch Ahmd - Varodara Expressway.

Any tips / suggestions?
Jaipur has got an excellent bypass (50 kms long), which starts after Manoharpura toll gate - there is no sign board there, but watch out for the overpass that points to Mahindra World City at Chandwaji, that is the bypass.

Needless to say, go off NH8 at the end of the Jaipur-Kishnagarh expressway, just before Kishangarh, and go via Nasirabad, Gulabpura, Bhilwara & Chittorgarh t Udaipur (NH79/76).

The Sardar Patel Ring Road takes you directly to Baroda expressway. Approaching it on NH8 from Chiloda Circle is on 2-laned road. The Chiloda toll gate ticket is valid for the next Rambol toll gate also.
hvkumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2012, 17:16   #78
BHPian

Hi HV

I guess I missed that Jaipur bypass. I tried to bypass Jaipur near Amer Fort > turned left > Jawahar nagar (quarry) > Bajaj Nagar > touched NH8 again at Tagore Nagar.

I missed Nasirabad, Gulabpura, Bhilwara & Chittorgarh to Udaipur too. I went straight. But reached Udaipur at 7pm to catch the evening dance show at the Museum.

Nevertheless it was a excellent trip. Covered total of 2604km in 5 days. 3.5 days driving and 1 day sight seeing in Mahabaleswar.

I found Chiloda circle and SP ring road in my gps.

Trip log coming up soon.

Lets Goooo... Alto.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvkumar View Post
Jaipur has got an excellent bypass (50 kms long), which starts after Manoharpura toll gate - there is no sign board there, but watch out for the overpass that points to Mahindra World City at Chandwaji, that is the bypass.

Needless to say, go off NH8 at the end of the Jaipur-Kishnagarh expressway, just before Kishangarh, and go via Nasirabad, Gulabpura, Bhilwara & Chittorgarh to Udaipur (NH79/76).

The Sardar Patel Ring Road takes you directly to Baroda expressway. Approaching it on NH8 from Chiloda Circle is on 2-laned road. The Chiloda toll gate ticket is valid for the next Rambol toll gate also.
Old 19th September 2012, 17:17   #79
BHPian

Quote:
You can check out the following detailed route plans for all info on route and hotels, etc:

Delhi-Bombay:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...Fza3c&hl=en_GB

Bombay-Bypass
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1.../edit?hl=en_GB

Bombay-Bangalore
https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0BzW...jODgz&hl=en_GB

Answers to specific questions:

1. What should be the ideal speed to maintain so that I run in the engine properly?

AS has already been observed.

2. is it ok to take a new car over such long distances? Will it adversely affect the engine or any other component ?

I have driven my brand-new Scorpio 10,000 kms in the first month, starting 1 week after delivery.

3. What is the advantage of driving via udaipur / Mumbai / Pune over Nagpur ?

4-laned good roads all the way. Great facilities.

4. What are the toll charges like over GQ?

Rs 1023 DElhi-Bombay
RS 837 Bombay-Bangalore

5. Places to spend the night.

Udaipur on Day 1
Ghodbunder or New Bombay-Kharghar/Kalamboli on Day 2

Friends,

I am planning a Delhi-Bangalore trip on 2nd of October in a Getz Prime 1.1, we are 4 adults. Wants info on the route. The above information looks very very helpful, thanks @hvkumar.

We are planning to take the GQ route.

1. Delhi-Udaipur-Mumbai-Goa-Bangalore
or
2. Delhi-Udaipur-Mumbai-Bangalore ( Without touching GOA ) Which one is shorter and which one is better?

Also can somebody please help me with the Goa-Bangalore route also?

Thanks in advance.
Old 19th September 2012, 17:22   #80
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aston.Martin View Post
Friends,

I am planning a Delhi-Bangalore trip on 2nd of October in a Getz Prime 1.1, we are 4 adults. Wants info on the route. The above information looks very very helpful, thanks @hvkumar.

We are planning to take the GQ route.

1. Delhi-Udaipur-Mumbai-Goa-Bangalore
or
2. Delhi-Udaipur-Mumbai-Bangalore ( Without touching GOA ) Which one is shorter and which one is better?

Also can somebody please help me with the Goa-Bangalore route also?

Thanks in advance.
You can go from Bombay to Goa either via Pune/Amboli or fully on NH17 via Mahad/Chiplun, the latter being very scenic and hilly although the former will be fastest.

From Goa to Bangalore, NH17 is in bad shape south of Honavar, so go via Karwar, Kumta to Honavar, then go up via Jog Falls, Sagar, Shimoga, Arsikere & Tumkur.

This link has the detailed route plan for Delhi-Bombay-Pune-Kolhapur-Amboli-Goa
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...Tk1bkhJUGVUeFE

And this link has the detailed route plan for Goa-Bangalore, on 2 routes, one via Hubli & the other via Shimoga (recommended):
https://docs.google.com/open?id=0BzW...2hxelZNQ05iajQ

And if you want to do Bombay-NH17-Goa, then use this link, scroll down to the end of the worksheet,
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...jFlU0QtMXFza3c

Last edited by hvkumar : 19th September 2012 at 17:31.
hvkumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th September 2012, 17:50   #81
BHPian

Quote:
You can go from Bombay to Goa either via Pune/Amboli or fully on NH17 via Mahad/Chiplun, the latter being very scenic and hilly although the former will be fastest.

From Goa to Bangalore, NH17 is in bad shape south of Honavar, so go via Karwar, Kumta to Honavar, then go up via Jog Falls, Sagar, Shimoga, Arsikere & Tumkur.

This link has the detailed route plan for Delhi-Bombay-Pune-Kolhapur-Amboli-Goa
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...Tk1bkhJUGVUeFE

And this link has the detailed route plan for Goa-Bangalore, on 2 routes, one via Hubli & the other via Shimoga (recommended):
https://docs.google.com/open?id=0BzW...2hxelZNQ05iajQ

And if you want to do Bombay-NH17-Goa, then use this link, scroll down to the end of the worksheet,
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...jFlU0QtMXFza3c
Thanks @hvkumar so much, that was very quick.

My other question was about https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0BzW...jODgz&hl=en_GB is this route better than the Amboli-Goa-Shimoga-BLR route?
Old 19th September 2012, 18:26   #82
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aston.Martin View Post
Thanks @hvkumar so much, that was very quick.

My other question was about https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0BzW...jODgz&hl=en_GB is this route better than the Amboli-Goa-Shimoga-BLR route?
Definitely,as you get to drive on 4 laned GQ roads as opposed to single lane roads on the Amboli-Goa-Shimoga route.

If you want to take the 4laned highway,then the route would be:

Goa-Karwar-Ankola-NH63-Hubli-NH4-Bangalore.Budget for a 10-12hr drive.4lane starts from Hubli.
Old 21st November 2015, 14:55   #83
BHPian

Apologies for resurrecting a dead thread

I shall be doing a Bangalore-Delhi-Bangalore drive with my wife during Christmas/New Year's this year. The car will be a Jetta.

I have been through this thread and am grateful for all the information here. However, as I mentioned earlier, this thread is not longer current and I was wondering if I might get some updated info from you folks here.

We are not interested in being all touristy en-route - all we want is to get to Delhi by the quickest/fastest route possible. This means we would like to be on roads where we can comfortably maintain high average speeds.

I am guessing this means sticking with the GQ all the way, what with proper fuel-stations and comfort-stations along the way.

However, I heard some people mention that Bangalore-Pune-Ratlam might be a faster way to go, and I was wondering if anyone here has any experience with that route and its pros and cons.

I am open to other suggestions too

One point I wish to clarify at the outset: I am not in a hurry to get to Delhi and am OK if it takes me three days as opposed to two; but I do not want to get stuck with bad roads or narrow roads or bad traffic or bad weather conditions.

I do realise fog is something I would have to contend with that time of year.

Thank you all and cheers

Last edited by tilt : 21st November 2015 at 14:55. Reason: Added one too many smileys by mistake
Old 21st November 2015, 18:40   #84
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tilt View Post
Apologies for resurrecting a dead thread

I shall be doing a Bangalore-Delhi-Bangalore drive with my wife during Christmas/New Year's this year. The car will be a Jetta.
--------

We are not interested in being all touristy en-route - all we want is to get to Delhi by the quickest/fastest route possible. This means we would like to be on roads where we can comfortably maintain high average speeds.

I am guessing this means sticking with the GQ all the way, what with proper fuel-stations and comfort-stations along the way.

One point I wish to clarify at the outset: I am not in a hurry to get to Delhi and am OK if it takes me three days as opposed to two; but I do not want to get stuck with bad roads or narrow roads or bad traffic or bad weather conditions.
Hi tilt,
I completed a trip from Ooty to Delhi few weeks back. First leg of the journey was Ooty to Hyderabad. Once in Hyderabad, we planned to head up north via Nagpur, Sagar, Jhansi and Agra.
After some research, decided against it.
Most who define a road as OK, I hear – BAD. I just don’t like driving long distance on roads with holes or even broken surface. I didn’t get me new ride to wreck it in a year.
With regard to your query, I will provide an update from Mumbai on the GQ.
There is considerable truck traffic till Delhi. We spent first night in Pune and Second in Gandhinagar.

Mumbai to Amhedabad (Gandhi Nagar):-
Road surface is good except for a few diversions. There is a lot of traffic. Especially truck traffic. The heavy vehicles will most certainly stay on the right lane, near the divider. There is no option other than to under take from the left. The person seated on my left in the front seat would tell me if it was safe to pass from the left.
The Vadodara – Ahmedabad expressway is still in excellent condition. I last drove on this stretch of road in 2011. This is the only stretch of road where, for some reason, people actually follow road rules.
All stay to the left, indicate and then move into the fast lane, overtake, then indicate and return back to the left lane.
In Ahmedabad, the ring road is in poor condition with lots of diversions.

Gandhinagar to Delhi:-
We did this stretch in one day. In 2011, I had experienced a lot of truck traffic so after asking around I decided to route via Chittorgarh.
After Gandhinagar, till Udaipur due to heavy trucks, the road is squished into two lanes. So basically there are four deep grooves on the road. As long as you stay within one set of grooves, the ride is smooth. To overtake or change lane the car has to come out of the grooves. This makes the ride bumpy.
At Udaipur, if possible, pass through the city and avoid the by-pass, which goes to the east. This road has holes so big they swallowed up my SUV and the AWD activated trying to get out! Also we got stuck for an hour behind a long line of trucks.
The NH76 to Chittorgarh is a good road. (Cemented). The NH79 to Ajmer has the kind of surface I would define as bad. (Some people I spoke to just shrugged and asked what all the fuss was about).

I am heading back south in December and I intend to remain on the NH8.

Although we reached Manesar (outside Gurgaon) by 6PM, we got stuck in the evening rush hour traffic and it took us another three hours to get to our house in Delhi!!
Old 30th November 2015, 15:17   #85
BHPian

Gungax, firstly, let me apologise for my extreme tardiness in responding to you. It completely slipped my mind that I had posted a request here. In fact, I came to this thread today to post the request and discovered that I had already posted it and that you had responded. Once again, my apologies.

Thank you for the info re. BOM-DEL on the GQ. Now I have another question:

Do you (or anyone else here) have any information on the pros and cons of avoiding BOM-AHD altogether and going Pune-Ratlam-Chittorgarh-Jaipur-New Delhi?

Thanks and cheers
Old 4th December 2015, 12:14   #86
BHPian

My apologies to the mods for the double-post, I need to do it to bump my post, hoping for a response

Cheers
Old 21st December 2015, 18:56   #87
BHPian

Hi tilt,
I have now competed my south-bound run and am now back in Hyderabad.
My trip south actually started from Jaipur as we spent a few days in Jaipur. A friend flew down from Hyderabad to Gurgaon just for this trip and he accompanied me back to Hyderabad.

I have been asking around about ways to go up north from Pune as it is the most preferred night halt for me. I have been told that Pune to Nashik route is in bad condition and is under repair. This guy drives a Thar, so if its bad form him, it will be definitely bad.

If you do a Google-map search of the route from Mumbai to Delhi, the fastest route always goes west from Ahmedabad via SH41 and then NH14.
This was the route I took. It was the correct decision.

The SH41 is a bit busy but the NH14 from the turn for Mount Abu was just fun to drive.
The road condition using this route is Excellent to Good by my standards, so for most the road condition can be described as Excellent all the way. Timing wise, I was faster than Google Maps + Traffic estimate. This is because for some reason the traffic updates were wrong when passing small towns.

Please don’t let the additional few 100 Km dissuade you from using a good surface road. You will easily make up time with steady speeds and you will also be able to enjoy your car.

Have a safe trip.
Old 18th March 2016, 18:02   #88
coolbpm

Tips for a drive from Delhi to Bangalore

hi, My friend, me and his pet dog are planning to drive from New Delhi to Bangalore this month end. i have certain queries on the same.

1) Which is the safest and the best route to take?

2) How many KMs and hours of driving is conservatively possible per day with the dog coming along with us?

3) Which are the best options to stay along the route? (should be dog friendly)

Thanks

George

Old 19th March 2016, 08:18   #89
BHPian

Hyderabad to Delhi can be done in two days?

From this thread, it looks like we can do it in 2 days. Which city is good for sleepover in that case
Old 19th March 2016, 12:42   #90
BHPian

Re: Tips for a drive from Delhi to Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolbpm View Post
1) Which is the safest and the best route to take?

2) How many KMs and hours of driving is conservatively possible per day with the dog coming along with us?
Delhi - Jaipur - Ahmedabad - Vadodara - Mumbai - Pune - Bangalore is the best route. 2400 kms and will take three days if you drive for 12 to 14 hrs a day.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks