Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th June 2022, 08:56   #196
BHPian

Re: Delhi to Bangalore : Route Queries

I will be attempting a two day Bangalore-Delhi drive tomorrow early morning. Plan A: Bangalore - Nagpur (Day 1), Nagpur - Delhi (Day 2)
Plan B ( If we don't reach Hyderabad by 11am) : Bangalore - Hyderabad (Day 1), Hyderabad-Bhopal (Day 2), Bhopal - Delhi (Day 3).

I am my wife will be driving with no other passengers. Let's see how it goes.
anvay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th June 2022, 11:49   #197
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anvay View Post
Bangalore - Hyderabad (Day 1), Hyderabad-Bhopal (Day 2), Bhopal - Delhi (Day 3)
Any specific reason to go via Bhopal? Nagpur - Jhansi - Agra - Delhi would be much faster.
Old 17th June 2022, 15:24   #198
BHPian

I was unable to find good hotels approx 800km on hyd Delhi route via sagar. Bhopal is a big enough city to take a break and shard two equal mileage running.
Old 20th June 2022, 12:45   #199
BHPian

Finished the route. Started from Bangalore at 5am on Friday and reached home in Noida at 7:30pm on Sunday. Some more details posted in car’s thread. https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...ml#post5340659 (2022 Toyota Camry launched at Rs. 41.70 lakh)
anvay is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th June 2022, 13:40   #200
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anvay View Post
Finished the route.
Excellent. Details on how you broke down your journey, intermediate stops and recommendations of food joints if any along the route will be helpful to everyone and much appreciated.
Old 20th June 2022, 14:57   #201
BHPian

I finally broke down the journey like this

Day 1 (Bangalore to Hyderabad)
  • The road from Bangalore to Hyderabad is not as good as it used to be.
  • There are speed breakers every now and then.
  • You will find a lot of private cars through out the way who are not that well trained with Highway driving. It's best to stay away from them and not get in EGO show off.
  • Started at 5 am. Crossed KIAL at 6am. Reached Hyderabad at 2:30pm. No stop throughout the way, not even a washroom break.
Day 2 (Hyderabad to Jhansi)
  • We knew it was going to be a long drive, so after a very pampered night started at 8:30am.
  • First Refuelling on the outskirts of Hyderabad around 11am.
  • Lunch at 3:30pm on the Nagpur Bypass road. A random Dhaba, there are many.
  • Second refuelling and washroom break on the MP UP border at 11:30pm.
  • Reached hotel at 2am.
Day 3 (Jhansi to Noida)
  • Started at 11:30am after a good rest.
  • Drove non stop with no breaks to Noida. Reached at 7:30pm.

PS: We carried our own snacks for the way hence did not stop for food. All warm meals happened at Hotels. Both me and my wife are super chatty, so we really cherished the drive. There are not many times when we can talk to each other for hours without distractions.
anvay is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st June 2022, 15:10   #202

Moderator: I am unsure, if I have posted this at the right place. Please tag this at the right place. Apologies, I am still learning!

Folks, thanks for all the suggestions. We completed the Noida - Bengaluru trip.
Car: Creta SX(O) Diesel 2018 model. Done 52,000 km so far.
Overall journey: 2,130 km, Toll charges: Rs 3,435/-. For mileage enthusiasts, Creta delivered roughly 14km/l.

Here is the experience in my words:

Day 1: Noida – Jhansi: 430 Kms. 8 hours (two 30 min breaks at Yamuna expressway and Gwalior each)
Creta was tanked up to full in Noida, tyre pressure checked. We started from Noida around 4pm. Stopped for 30 mins at one of the yamuna expressway joints for a pizza treat for my niece. Drove non stop after that to reach Gwalior around 9pm. Quick 30 mins dinner break (we were carrying dinner) along side a dhaba. We resumed to reach Jhansi around 11.45 pm. Checked in at Natraj Sarovar for a good night sleep. Yamuna expressway is a cruise. The NH44 stretch between Agra and Gwalior is drivable at night except that at Agra at spot where the Yamuna expressway ends, google maps routed us to a single lane road for a good 10-15 km stretch which was slightly painful with high beam from the oncoming traffic. NH44 Gwalior - Jhansi is good to drive barring few rough patches.

Day 2: Jhansi – Adilabad: 800km. 13 hours including one 30 min break at Narsinghpur. 2 fuel breaks (I chose to tank up at the nearest petrol pump the moment fuel meter reached 50%).
We started around 8.30 am after breakfast at the hotel. The roads after Jhansi are a pleasure to drive. Just watch out for stray cattle on road. We drove non stop except for a fuel break after Jhansi and lunch break in a roadside dhaba near Narsinghpur around 2pm. There are not many eating joints on NH44 unlike Delhi - Amritsar route etc., so its recommended to stop at any slightly decent joint comes your way. Rains greeted us enroute. Resumed from Narsinghpur around 2.30 pm. Our initial plan was to halt at Nagpur but the rains enabled us to cruise at 120 - 140 kmph on the highway (as all bikes, cycles and slow moving traffic vanished). Reached Nagpur by pass around 6pm and decided to continue till Adilabad. Barring a 12-15 km stretch after Nagpur which had slight potholes, the drive is excellent! We reached Adilabad around 9.30 pm. We were in two minds whether to stop for dinner and continue or to call it a night by checking in a hotel. It was extremely difficult to find a decent dinner joint, forget hotels in Adilabad. Finally, we found hotel Sai Panchvati recommended by a few locals. Stopped there for dinner (strictly ok food) but no rooms available.

Day 2/3: Adilabad – Bengaluru: 900km. 14 hours. 2 breaks (30 mins for tea and 1.5 hours power nap and tea break)
After a slow relaxed dinner at Adilabad, we took the call to continue the journey, initially till Hyderabad (a 5 hour drive). We started at 11.00pm, tanked up the car at Adilabad. The drive from Adilabad to Hyderabad at night was simply amazing. Not a single speed breaker or pothole - commendable job by NHAI. Hardly any traffic around, we were able to cruise consistently at 120+kmph speed. We passed Hyderabad around 2 am (just a 30 min tea break in a road side dhaba around 12 midnight); as there was no traffic we opted to travel from within the Hyderabad city rather than take the by-pass which would have been longer by 35-40 km.
We continued the journey from Hyderabad and stopped at a roadside dhaba near Kurnool around 5 am for an hour long power nap in the car. The dhaba served excellent chai which was a refresher. Continued our journey around 6.30 am. The roads continued to be excellent till Anantpur where we stopped for breakfast around 9am. While the journey till Anantpur was a cruise, after Anantpur we encountered day traffic. Also, need to watch out for the odd unmarked speed breakers at the intersections. With traffic in tow, we reached our destination - Whitefield around 1 in the afternoon.
Overall, Creta performed brilliantly. Gobbled most potholes on the road. Both me and my brother in law never felt stressed during the drive. No body ache or lower back pain. My niece was happily enjoying throughout in the back seat and in fact slept undisturbed during the journey.

To sum up the conditions:
Noida - Jhansi: Brilliant
Jhansi - Adilabad: Excellent except do watch out for stray cattle and lack of good restaurants
Adilabad - Hyderabad: Amazing roads. No stray cattle. No good restaurants.
Hyderabad - Bangalore: Ok road (some ongoing constructions) with unmarked speed breakers. Some food options available.

Overall, an excellent trip! Till next time, drive safe!
GKR268 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th June 2022, 22:41   #203
BHPian

Has anyone done Bangalore - Delhi non stop? May be with 2 drivers
Old 28th June 2022, 12:46   #204
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vagabond128 View Post
Has anyone done Bangalore - Delhi non stop? May be with 2 drivers
I have done Delhi to Hyderabad Non Stop but the reason was Covid second wave during march 2021. Didnt want to stop during that time and check in to a hotel.

I would advice NOT to do it and brake the journey to one halt at least if not two. First day you can do Delhi to Nagpur and second day Nagpur to Bangalore.
nitinralli is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th July 2022, 11:29   #205
BHPian

Hi all,

I am planning to drive down from Delhi to Hosur sometime in the first half of August. My dad will be accompanying me (he doesn't drive though). I have been trying to figure out the ideal 2-stop plan but unable to do so satisfactorily.

What I have come up with -

Day 1 - Delhi to Sagar (MP)

Delhi to Bangalore : Route Queries-fidosagar.jpg

Day 2 - Sagar to Hyderabad

Delhi to Bangalore : Route Queries-sagarhyd.jpg

This is a stretch but I am not able to figure out an alternate. Is Nizamabad a decent place to stay for the night? It would also balance out the day 2 and day 3 distances a bit.

Day 3 - Hyderabad to Hosur

Delhi to Bangalore : Route Queries-hydhosur.jpg

If anyone has better alternates, I am open to that. From whatever I have read, this route is better than doing one from the western side of the country (through Raj, Guj, Pune, Belagavi etc).

Please let me know your suggestions. I have done 600kms trips before, me being the only one driving (BLR-GOA, DEL-Manali), but this has stretches of almost 900kms.

Last edited by chaksjr : 8th July 2022 at 11:30.
Old 10th July 2022, 12:35   #206
BHPian

Hi, quick update on my trip from NCR to Puttaparthi ( in AP, 150 kms from BLR) and road condition of NH44.
(This is my third trip since the first unlock.)
Car - Honda BRV V-CVT.
Pax - 1. Solo drive .
Luggage - made up with luggage packed till the gills. One can move a house in the BRV with the 2nd and 3rd rows folded.
About the car / ride - the BRV is an effortless cruiser and I have done several "1000kms in a day " trips, more than in any of my other cars previously owned ( including Fortuner, E class, 3 series). High seating, good engine, smooth CVT, high GC, good ride and handling balance, nice steering that weighs up at highway speeds, work in its favor.

Day 1 - Started from Faridabad at 715 am, took NH2( mathura road), all the palwal flyovers are ready now so it was a breeze. Drove on NH1 past Mathura, Agra etc and took the exit to Gwalior and then Jhansi, Sagar, Narsinghpur and stayed at Seoni for the night . Reached Seoni at 8 pm ( just before Pench tiger reserve. Wanted to cover that in daylight)

Day 2 - Seoni ( 7 am start) - Nagpur bypass - Adilabad - HYD ORR - kurnool- anantapur - exit NH44 - Dharmavaram - Puttaparthi (reached at 910pm )

Total ODO reading - 1990 kms
Mileage ( MID) - 14.5 KMPL

Word of caution - NH44 after Nagpur is in bad condition till AP border - big craters due to heavy rains I guess. So please drive carefully and try and avoid at night .

please feel free to reach out if you need any help with the route.
FAIAAA is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th July 2022, 16:41   #207
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FAIAAA View Post
Hi, quick update on my trip from NCR to Puttaparthi ( in AP, 150 kms from BLR) and road condition of NH44.

Word of caution - NH44 after Nagpur is in bad condition till AP border - big craters due to heavy rains I guess. So please drive carefully and try and avoid at night .

please feel free to reach out if you need any help with the route.
Hi, did you mean to say from Nagpur till the Telangana border?
Also, any hotel suggestions at Seoni? I'll be doing Delhi to Hosur in August and any more suggestions from you would be very valuable.
Old 10th July 2022, 18:46   #208
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaksjr View Post
Hi, did you mean to say from Nagpur till the Telangana border?
Also, any hotel suggestions at Seoni? I'll be doing Delhi to Hosur in August and any more suggestions from you would be very valuable.
Yes, my bad, living in a time freeze. Telangana.

Very few options in Narsinghpur and Seoni. Since I was traveling solo, I stayed at this place called Shivani Palace in the main bazar. Decent place - clean room, sheets and bathroom. If I were traveling with family, would stay either at Nagpur or Sagar
FAIAAA is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2022, 19:50   #209
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FAIAAA View Post
Yes, my bad, living in a time freeze. Telangana.

Very few options in Narsinghpur and Seoni. Since I was traveling solo, I stayed at this place called Shivani Palace in the main bazar. Decent place - clean room, sheets and bathroom. If I were traveling with family, would stay either at Nagpur or Sagar
Yes Sagar is what I was thinking for the 1st night halt, only concerned of then doing almost 900kms the next day till Hyderabad, can't find an alternate. Well thanks!
Old 10th July 2022, 20:16   #210
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaksjr View Post
Also, any hotel suggestions at Seoni?
During end of March I drove from Kurnool, AP to Seoni, MP, a distance of 897 kms in 14.5 hours. Details on this thread (Suggestions for Bengaluru - Assam - Bengaluru road trip).

We stayed at Vatika Celebrations in Seoni. If there is no wedding on your arrival day, you should get a room.
airbus is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks