Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st June 2011, 17:49   #31
Team-BHP Support

Re: Bangalore-Wayanad route /places to stay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerfan View Post
Also one more question guys. Which is the best route from blr to gundalpet?
bangalore-mysore-nanjangodu-gundalpet or bangalore-kanakapura-chamrajngar-gundalpet
bangalore-mysore-nanjangodu-gundalpet is the best one. B'lore to Mysore is good as usual. Mysore to Gundalpet too was being repaired when I went last in Dec.
Old 1st June 2011, 17:54   #32
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Here is one in Bathery.

HOTEL ISSAC'S Regency | Hotels in wayanad, Resorts Wayanad, Honeymoon Tour Packages

I have not stayed, but had heard good responses.
Can any one also confirm?
I'm a member of their pool club. A year before, their services were excellent and very VFM. Though the food lacked.

I heard that they increased prices, and have not visited them in about an year. If needed, I can call the up, and get you a discount. But I thought Soccerfan was looking at resorts and homestays?.

In any case, if hotels are an option, then the best ones are.

Bathery: HOTEL ISSAC'S Regency | Hotels in wayanad, Resorts Wayanad, Honeymoon Tour Packages

Hotel Mint Flower - Hospitality Redefined - The Three Star Luxury Hotel in Sulthan Bathery, Wayanad

Kalpetta: Hotel accommodation for a comfortable stay in Wayanad - The Woodlands Hotel -

Haritagiri Hotel kalpetta wayanad -wayanad tourism-Pookote Lake,Muthanga Wildlife Sanctuary,Thirunelly Temple,Edakkal Caves,kerala tourism india ,Waterfalls ,Wildlife ,Wayanad tourism

Green Gates Hotel | Green Gates Hotel Wayanad, Green Gates Hotel at Wayanad, 3 Star Hotel, Hotels in Wayanad, Green Gates Hotel in Wayanad, Greengates Hotel in Wayanad, Greengates Hotel at Wayanad, Greengates Hotel Wayanad

Last edited by dhanushs : 1st June 2011 at 17:56.
Old 1st June 2011, 17:55   #33
BHPian

Quote:
bangalore-mysore-nanjangodu-gundalpet or bangalore-kanakapura-chamrajngar-gundalpet
Bangalore - Mysore - Gundlupet would be a better choice since it is 4 laned. I had taken the Kanakapura route 3 weeks back on my return from Calicut and the roads were pretty good (2 lane).

The Innova will do fine on these roads but do watch out for unmarked humps on the Mysore road.
Old 1st June 2011, 18:00   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Need your suggestions on route to wayanad. We are attending a marriage in bangalore on july 9th, saturday and are planning a wayanad trip from there. We can start only by around 2PM from Bangalore (Jalahalli). Will be driving an Innova
Quote:
From Jalahalli, please dont even think of Kanakapura route for obvious reasons !!!
Old 1st June 2011, 18:02   #35
Senior - BHPian

Soccerfan stick the same route as mentioned by you, easiest route.

Quote:
bangalore-mysore-nanjangodu-gundalpet
Quote:
Originally Posted by lloydofcochin View Post
The Innova will do fine on these roads but do watch out for unmarked humps on the Mysore road.
Not many to be worried off for now. They have come up with these rubber speed bumps which are pretty much visible in-spite of being small. Just drove the Mysore Road stretch on Monday and they have put up the rubber speed breakers in most places.
Old 1st June 2011, 18:09   #36
BHPian

Had recently stayed at Mintflower. The Hotel is good but pricey. We did not get an AC room and ended up paying 1600 bucks for a Non AC double. IMO the room though neatly kept was really not worth the money. The service was OK and the food was good. You get a complementary B'fast too.

I had stayed at one of the cottages at Green Gates 3yrs back and it was a pleasant experience. The Service & Food was good.
Old 1st June 2011, 20:13   #37
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

soccerfan - an edit to my earlier post regarding vythiri resorts-
From my experience of Vythiri Resorts (2006) I wouldn't suggest driving the Innova in to the resort (it's 2-3 km off the highway and you're better off in an off-roader !).

Other resorts you may want to try:
Harithagiri Resorts - it's on a road almost opposite to the Woodlands hotel in Kalpetta (some time ago there was some renovation work in progress so you may want to contact them before deciding on that place).

Wynberg Resorts - heard it is good, but I haven't stayed there myself.

And regarding the route as other folks here have said - just stick to Bangalore-Mysore-Nanjangud-Gundlupet - it's simple and the roads are excellent (barring a minor pothole or two when you near Nanjangud).
Old 1st June 2011, 21:47   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
soccerfan - an edit to my earlier post regarding vythiri resorts-
From my experience of Vythiri Resorts (2006) I wouldn't suggest driving the Innova in to the resort (it's 2-3 km off the highway and you're better off in an off-roader !).

Other resorts you may want to try:
Harithagiri Resorts - it's on a road almost opposite to the Woodlands hotel in Kalpetta (some time ago there was some renovation work in progress so you may want to contact them before deciding on that place).

Wynberg Resorts - heard it is good, but I haven't stayed there myself.

And regarding the route as other folks here have said - just stick to Bangalore-Mysore-Nanjangud-Gundlupet - it's simple and the roads are excellent (barring a minor pothole or two when you near Nanjangud).
thanks NPV. I am checking on the resorts around kalpetta/bathery. The nagarhole road is closed after 6PM till 6 AM right?
Old 1st June 2011, 22:01   #39
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
thanks NPV. I am checking on the resorts around kalpetta/bathery. The nagarhole road is closed after 6PM till 6 AM right?
I guess you were referring to Bandipur since Nagarhole is in Coorg/Kodagu district or

The forest checkposts in Karnataka on the roads after Gundlupet one leading to Tamil Nadu and the other to Kerala (the one in context for the Wayanad route discussed here) - these close at 9 pm and open at 6 am (karnataka forest dept.'s inititative to save animals from rash driving of humans).
Old 1st June 2011, 23:52   #40
BHPian

One more question guys. One of my friend would be able to start from bangalore in the evening only (5PM). So we are now looking for some stay options before the bandhipur checkpost. Are you guys aware of any such there/in gundalpet? Please help...
Old 2nd June 2011, 01:33   #41
BHPian

I have heard good reviews about Bansura Resort at Vellamunda in Wayanad.
This is in the league of Vythiri Resorts interms of cost.

Banasura Resort - Wayanad | Kerala Eco Hotel | Nature Resorts | India

How good are the roads during rains ? rains have started in Kerala and i am not sure how good & safe are the roads during rains. Maybe, wayanad guys can comment.

I am in Mysore this weekend for a friends wedding and am planning for a visit to Wayanad. Have blocked a room in Banasura Resorts but not yet finalised the plan because of the rains.
Old 2nd June 2011, 06:04   #42
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
One more question guys. One of my friend would be able to start from bangalore in the evening only (5PM). So we are now looking for some stay options before the bandhipur checkpost. Are you guys aware of any such there/in gundalpet? Please help...
Then he might as well start at about 3:30 or 4 in the morning next day and he would be in Waynad by 10. Why spend money staying in between?
Old 2nd June 2011, 09:06   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Then he might as well start at about 3:30 or 4 in the morning next day and he would be in Waynad by 10. Why spend money staying in between?
Also driving on Mysore road in the evening during peak time is a pain which your friend can avoid.
Old 2nd June 2011, 12:07   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Road quality wise, both are good and the 'mysore-nanjangud' route is wider road, and you can do pretty good speeds. You will almost always have to slow down considerably as you reach Channapatna, Maddur and Mandya due to heavy traffic.

Nevertheless, if you are driving down, I will suggest to take the Kanakapura-Chamrajnagar route, just for the peace of mind in driving as well as taking in the awesome scenery of the country side on this route. You will leave behind all the chaos caused by the Bangalore-Mysore bound cabs and buses and freedom from the numerous speedbreakers found on the Mysore road. The road is a treat to drive at a sedate avg. speed of around 80 kmph.
  • If you are driving yourself - Take the Kanakapura road ( and enjoy the drive)
  • If you are hiring a cab - Take the Mysore road ( and probably reach quicker since cabbies are experts on that road)
Old 2nd June 2011, 12:31   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
I guess you were referring to Bandipur since Nagarhole is in Coorg/Kodagu district or

The forest checkposts in Karnataka on the roads after Gundlupet one leading to Tamil Nadu and the other to Kerala (the one in context for the Wayanad route discussed here) - these close at 9 pm and open at 6 am (karnataka forest dept.'s inititative to save animals from rash driving of humans).
Suppose we reach mysore by only 8.30PM, can we go to wayanad (mananthavady) via nagarhole?. Or will the checkpost in this route will also be closed by 6/9PM? I want to know if there is any checkpost to wayanad (bathery route, bavali route or nagarhole/tholpetty route) which is open through the night.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks