Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th November 2013, 20:31   #76

Re: Bangalore-Wayanad route /places to stay

Quote:
Originally Posted by denver85 View Post
It took 30 minutes for me to cover the 33 kms between C'Nagar and Gundlupet in the twilight condition. I was expecting bad roads after the rains (I drove this route in June 2013), but was better than my expectation. THe C'Nagar to Terakanambi is in good condition and road deteriorates at some parts after this. There are some bad patches(with some big potholes near some of the culverts) as near Gundlupet.
In short, Denver, if we need to choose a road from Mysore to Wayanad which is less of potholes and smooth roads, which one would you prefer.

Last edited by aah78 : 6th November 2013 at 21:56. Reason: Post edited. Excessive dots removed. Please quote only relevant portions of posts. Thanks!
Old 6th November 2013, 22:45   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drgvrao View Post
In short, Denver, if we need to choose a road from Mysore to Wayanad which is less of potholes and smooth roads, which one would you prefer.
The best route without any bad roads is Mysore-Nanjangundu-Gundlupet-Bandipur(Molehole)-Muthanga-Sulthan bathery. Other than numerous speed breakers in the forest road and village limits, this route is awesome to drive.
Old 11th November 2013, 15:21   #78
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drgvrao View Post
Thanks Denver....will sure take this road...and post back my experiences...
Though the road surface is quite nice, drive carefully, some of the speed breakers on this route are pretty nasty ones though it wouldn't seem so from a distance.

Also it's always safer to keep your speed below 60 when inside the forest - even on the Kerala side where there aren't any speed breakers. Though wild animals generally stay away from the road during day times, it isn't that rare to find a wild elephant (or group) suddenly emerging from the side of the road to cross the road.

So drive slow and enjoy the beauty of the forest.
kala is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th November 2013, 19:27   #79
Senior - BHPian

My boss and family is looking for a Holiday Resort or Homestay near Sulthan Bathery from Dec 26th to Dec 31 st (5 Nights and 6 days).
- Purpose of visit: His 10 year old son has a Karatte International competition to attend in Sulthan Bathery for 2 days. Rest of the time will be spend on site seeing
- Mode of transport: Own Indica Vista with driver
- Budget: Around INR 4000 per day with Breakfast including Tax (flexible to some extent)
- Distance from Sulthan Bathery should not be more than 15 Kms
- Good food (Both Veg and Non-Veg) and a nice campus to chill out is looked upon
- Some facility for the stay for driver is desired
- Fun fishing is a nice to have facility

Since it is the Xmas and New Year weekend, good places are getting filled up quickly, early response will be big help
Old 11th November 2013, 22:21   #80
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadadhar View Post
Since it is the Xmas and New Year weekend, good places are getting filled up quickly, early response will be big help
Check Blue Ginger Resorts. Have heard good reviews from others.
And its close to Bathery.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th November 2013, 12:38   #81
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Check Blue Ginger Resorts. Have heard good reviews from others.
And its close to Bathery.
Thanks Ampere, this is looking way too pricy with the cheapest option at 7500 + 20% tax, the budget is around 4k per day
Old 12th November 2013, 12:50   #82
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadadhar View Post
Thanks Ampere, this is looking way too pricy with the cheapest option at 7500 + 20% tax, the budget is around 4k per day
Here is one at Bathery. Decent place. Since I have not stayed, I suggest you also check other opinions.

http://www.issacsregency.com/
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th November 2013, 13:11   #83
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Here is one at Bathery. Decent place. Since I have not stayed, I suggest you also check other opinions.

You can't really call Regency a resort, it's a more of a hotel right in the middle of Bathery town.

But my nephew who stays there very often says their rooms as well as service is quite good. And it isn't too pricey either. So if one is OK with a hotel, Regency may be a good choice.
kala is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th November 2013, 13:30   #84
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kala View Post
You can't really call Regency a resort, it's a more of a hotel right in the middle of Bathery town.

But my nephew who stays there very often says their rooms as well as service is quite good. And it isn't too pricey either. So if one is OK with a hotel, Regency may be a good choice.
Thanks ampere and kala, please let me know if there are any homestays you can recommend, sorry to trouble you all again, I too feel Issac Regency is more like a hotel than a resort.
Old 13th November 2013, 15:17   #85
Senior - BHPian

Please let me know if you have reviews about the place Crescent Residency in Sulthan Bathery http://www.crescentresidency.com/ .. I understand they had a recent ownership change and is re-branded as Emarald Crescent Residency now.
Old 17th January 2014, 15:00   #86
Senior - BHPian

First off, want to thank the folks who have posted here in the last few pages.

A friend and I are planning to ride out tomorrow (one night stay) and we decided on Wayanad.

Based on the information posted here, we called Banasura Island Resort for accommodation. A pleasant suprise - the kind lady who answered my call voluntarily upgraded us from the standard room to superior cottage for no extra cost.

We plan to take the below route:

http://goo.gl/maps/kfLlR

https://maps.google.co.in/maps?q=ban...ed=0CAgQ_AUoAg

Would be a great help if anyone can let us know the condition of the roads.

We will be riding to this place on our motorbikes.

Doing an over-nighter after almost a year so super excited.

Last edited by n_aditya : 17th January 2014 at 15:01.
Old 17th January 2014, 15:56   #87
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
We plan to take the below route:
There is latest update on this route in another thread .

Been a while since I took this route, however my preferred route would be Bangalore - Kanakpura - NH 209 - Chamarajnagara - Gundulpet - Sultan Bathery - Kalpetta - Banasura dam.
mpksuhas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th January 2014, 16:47   #88
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karty_83 View Post
@Fauji : Bansura resort is supposed to be even more expensive than vythri. I have heard good things about rain country resort. A colleague of mine claims it to be better than vythri.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fauji View Post
I agree with Karty on Banasura. They are also not VFM. My presonal choice is Fringeford or Rain country. Haven't stayed but have heard good things about them. Their location looks lovely and very crowded unlike Vythri and Banasura hill.
We're riding out to Wayanad tomorrow and have made a reservation at Banasura Island Retreat.

I checked a few reviews on Trip Advisor and the reviews look good for Banasura while those for Rain Country are pathetic.

Maybe things have changed in the recent past for both these places - positively for Banasura and the converse for Rain Country.

I shall post my experience here accordingly.

Just thought I'd post this bit of information for the benefit of others, since the above posts are pretty old and things look different now.
Old 17th January 2014, 17:06   #89
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
I checked a few reviews on Trip Advisor and the reviews look good for Banasura while those for Rain Country are pathetic.
Banasura I think there are two of them. Hill Resort and Island Retreat.
Both may have the same management though. Or are they different properties altogether ?
Old 19th January 2014, 11:07   #90
BHPian

Re: Bangalore to Mananthavady/ Talapoya (Wayanad)

Quote:
15.11.10: On my trip to Wayanad this weekend, I tried out both the Kabini route as well as the Nagarahole one, reports are rather mixed.

While going on Saturday morning I took the Mysore-HDKote (Handpost)-Bavali route (SH33). The road from Mysore till the turnoff towards Kabini River lodge (about 65 kms) is excellent, but at that point the forest road is closed and we have to take a deviation to the left (the one that goes to the river lodge at Karapur) and pass through several villages for about 10 kms. This portion is pretty rough road with plenty of potholes, but managable for a sedan/hatchback. The road from thereon till Mananthavady is again very good even though there are frequent speedbreakers in the forest stretch (which is about 8-10 kms after you join back onto the main road). Absolutely no traffic, plenty of wild life (I saw a tusker, lot of deer and a few peacocks - all at close quarters on the way). Took me 2 hours 5 minutes to cover approx 110 kms between Mysore and Mananthavadi (Of which about 20-25 minutes were spent traversing that deviation).
Quote:
01.04.12: Difficult to suggest a "best" route. The 3 alternatives you have are :

1) Bangalore-Mysore-HDKote Handpost-Bavali-Mananthavadi - The shortest (approx 250 kms). Very good roads all the way with the exception of a 15 kms stretch of bad to very bad village roads between HD Kote and Bavali. Very low traffic between Mysore and Mananthavady, and good chances of wildlife sightings between Karapur and Bavali.

2) Bangalore-Srirangapatna-Hunsur-Nagarahole-Kutta-Tholpetty-Mananthavady. Longer by about 15-20 kms. Average to bad roads between Hunsur and Kutta (approx. 45 kms), but passes through the heart of Nagarahole WLS and you get to see a lot of wild life on the way.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramsnavy View Post
09.04.12: Just wanted to update that the road condition is still worse (you need to find the road amidst the craters and rocks; the off roadies will love it though) between Kabini and Bavali. It was an ordeal navigating the stretch of 15 kms. This bad stretch really eats away the advantage of being the shortest route to Mananthavady.
Hi:

1 year 9 months later, am looking for the latest update on route 1, i.e. , Mysore-HDKote (Handpost)-Bavali route (SH33).

If road conditions have not improved on the above route esp. "15 kms stretch of bad to very bad village roads between HD Kote and Bavali"

then route 2 is what will be taken.

Thanks for any update/s on the above.

Last edited by RSUDARSANAN : 19th January 2014 at 11:10.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks