Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th April 2009, 13:09   #16
BHPian

delhi to mussoorie??

urgent help to decide route from delhi to mussoorie...i was told to go from kurukshetra to yamunanagar to saharanpur to dehradun to mussoorie. n to avoid the merrut route.will be leaving on tuesday so help needed urgently.thanks in advance.
Old 5th April 2009, 20:49   #17
Senior - BHPian

You've to go via Doon only. The Meerut road is quite bad and lots of road construction work is going on. The yamunanagar route is a bit longer but better.
Old 5th April 2009, 20:52   #18
Senior - BHPian

Few kms from Yamunanagar towards paonta are really horrible(AFAIK from last update).
rest of the route is good
drive safe.
Old 6th April 2009, 11:19   #19
BHPian

so the yamuna nagar route is the best one-n recomended by TBhp...any advise on the best places to stay in mussoorie-budget 2500/ night.

Last edited by drchernish : 6th April 2009 at 11:23.
Old 6th April 2009, 11:38   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

Personal favorite - Delhi-Karnal- Leave NH1 and take fork right just after karnal byepass - Indri -Ladwa-Yamuna Nagar-Jagadhri-Kalesar-Here cross Yamuna at barrage and then take a left along canal to power house-Right to Sahfipur-Left towards Herbetpur-Right on Paonta-delhradun road near Herbetpur. The route passes through scenic areas especially after Kalesar where you cross Yamuna using Hathnikund Barrage.

But of course you can also contnue straight at Kalesar and go Paonta Sahib and from there to Dehradoon. Here again road between Paonta and herbetpur is adjacent to canal and has lovely view.
Old 6th April 2009, 13:02   #21
BHPian

Just update to Sudev's route

Delhi-Karnal- Leave NH1 at Jewel chwonk to Kunjpura - Yamuna Nagar-Jagadhri

Idri ladwa road is in very bad shape
Old 6th April 2009, 13:25   #22
BHPian

from yamuna nagar should i take the route from poanta sahib or through sahranpur ?? leaving tomm so please can i have fast help.thanks a lot.
Old 7th October 2010, 10:18   #23
BHPian

Anybody did Delhi Dehradun recently? What are the road conditions after latest floods in uttaranchal. I am planning to drive next weekend.
Old 7th October 2010, 12:19   #24
BHPian

>>>

You might like to check the thread on road conditions during the monsoon, to check out the updates on roads in Uttarakhand.

Regards
Old 7th October 2010, 12:34   #25
Senior - BHPian

Avoid the usual route through Merrut Roorkee as its in a big mess. Suggest you got through other threads on this route and maybe take the Ambala- Kalamb- paonta route. Though not excellent but comparatively better than all other alternatives.
Old 7th October 2010, 13:59   #26
kkg
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by perseus View Post
Anybody did Delhi Dehradun recently? What are the road conditions after latest floods in uttaranchal. I am planning to drive next weekend.

I did this route last weekend (on bikes). Roads are very bad, specially while coming back from modinagar to shahdra. If you leave Delhi early morning, you can manage to go past Merrut bypass easily, past that there are many diversions. DO not go via muzzafarnagar- saharanpur route, There is litrelly no road for about 50odd kms. Ask me.

Take the usual haridwar-dehradun road, its quite managble but remember to go slow.
Old 7th October 2010, 18:24   #27
BHPian

Thanks for the info kkg.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kkg View Post
If you leave Delhi early morning, you can manage to go past Merrut bypass easily, past that there are many diversions.
I plan to start at 4:30 AM from Indirapuram. I will be taking my Figo (low ground clearance )

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkg View Post
DO not go via muzzafarnagar- saharanpur route, There is litrelly no road for about 50odd kms. Ask me. Take the usual haridwar-dehradun road, its quite managble but remember to go slow.
So I should take the below route ? Which route did you take while riding back?
Attached Images

Old 7th October 2010, 19:41   #28
Senior - BHPian

^^@kkg: I did this run before Monsoon. I saw the new bridges and nice new roads with toll plaza near completion. What was the condition of these?

I might have to do a Gurgaon Haridwar soon.

@perseus: All the best, do let us know how it went.

Cheers!
Old 7th October 2010, 20:16   #29
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by perseus View Post
So I should take the below route ?
The route you've defined from Muradnagar runs along the Upper Ganga Canal. It's equally broken up, but without HTV traffic on that road, you'll be able to relax a little more while driving (progress will be slow anyway). After you come out at Khatauli, cross the NH58 and carry on along the canal again, and you'll come out at Roorkee (you'll cross the NH58 again at <IIRC> Manglur).

In spite of the Roorkee-Chhutmalpur-Dehradun route being bad in parts (upto @40 km before Clement Town), I'd suggest you still follow this road rather than going via Haridwar - the route is longer, and you are likely to face heavy traffic around Haridwar & Doiwala. And neither is the road from Roorkee to Haridwar in good shape, esp. after Bahadurabad.

Also, when approaching from Chhutmalpur side (NH72A), the road will bring you directly to Rajpur Road, which is crowded. If you take a left diversion after Transport Nagar, you can then take the route via Gen. mahadev Singh Road>>Alkapuri>>Rajendranagar directly onto Mussoorie Road - faster and less crowded.

Bon voyage.
Old 7th October 2010, 23:39   #30
Senior - BHPian

A little OT, I had gone to Mussoorie a couple of weeks back, it was nice and slightly chilly. The route from Doon to Mussoorie was awesome with a waterfall included. It was so lovely to see it so green and pretty. Do take some warm clothes with you.

Have a wonderful trip. Aaah I miss home.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks