Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd June 2008, 12:21   #61
Senior - BHPian

@Guys : The toll rates mentioned. Are Defense guys exempt from paying toll like they are up here in the north or do we also ahve to pay? Any latest route info? I will be driving down from Pune to Panjim on 10th June. Any latest route info will be highly appreciated.
Old 11th August 2008, 14:09   #62

Hi,

Going to drive down to Goa from Pune in last week of Aug.

Does any one have any latest updates on the Nipani-Uttur strech? It it still a mess? Last I heard was there was some repair work going on.

Thanks
Akshay
Old 6th October 2008, 18:59   #63

Pune - Goa by car

cheers:Planiing a trip to Goa this weekend. Any one from Goa could help suggesting decent accomodation in Panjim. Have parents me, wife and 2 kids. Taking my City 1.3 . Any precautions etc....etc? Anu suggestions about the route to be taken?
I am planning to start on 9th afternoon and stay in Kolhapur and then proceed to Goa. Any /all suggestions are most welcome.
/shri
Old 6th October 2008, 22:33   #64
Senior - BHPian

If your looking at staying in panajim itself, I would suggest Panjim residency, panjim sessions court, it on the left after entering panjim, opposite the panjim jetty. or the the one at miramar both are good the one at miramar has cottages too. They are in the city so going around is easy. there are lot of other places but don't know about those. These once are owned by goa turism. I have been to these.
Route wise take the the rigth turn after neppani [after climbing the hill] the azgra , amboli, sawantwadi, mapusa, panjim route. Leave Kolhapur early so you wont get much traffic till nippani, after which the road is not that good so you loose time there. but thats the shortest and better of the other routes.
Old 7th October 2008, 02:05   #65
BHPian

I suggest you read this as well. http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...preciated.html
Old 7th October 2008, 10:08   #66
Senior - BHPian

You can have inputs and turn off markings from this thread too. http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...-5500-kms.html
plus there are numerous other travelogues for this route. Search is the key my friend.
Old 7th October 2008, 15:09   #67
BHPian

Goa....

you can head off early from pune and reach satara - mahendra residency - decent place to stay for the night.

drove during ganesh chaturthi - from mumbai - left at 5.30 from mira road reached satara (mahendra residency) at 1 am - on the left side of the road (you wont miss it). headed for goa at 8.30 am took the right from nippani. there is a restaurant / hotel and a pan beedi shop on the left (nippani) take a right from there.

once you turn right - bad roads, but after about an hour or so - you will find the most amazing (sunflower) plantation, big as a melon. nice place to stop and click some images with family.

further ahead - there is a temple - also a sunset point so to speak again a good spot to stopover relax, not far away from here is the AMBOLI waterfalls. amazing site and location to take a dip. keep your spare clothes on (sadly i could not as all my clothes were stacked way down in the dicky)

thereafter there is just one route to reach GOA - just follow the signs till sawantwadi... and u will reach GOA... from the tried and tested roads

Stayed over at my uncle's place.... so you will have to take help of those who stayed in Panjim. Miramar which is not too far has lots of hotels/motels and apartment which are given on hire... have a look at them too.[IMG]C:\Documents and Settings\Salil\Desktop\TBHP[/IMG]
Old 7th October 2008, 17:40   #68
Senior - BHPian

Last month, I had been to Widernest, which is a Goa border. It takes around 7 hours of driving to reach there.
If you aren't taking too many halts you should reach Goa withing 8-9 hours from Pune. Sawantwadi is the best route.
While coming back we took Kankawli route. It takes around 90 min from Sawantwadi to reach Kankawli. I found this road better. From Kankawli, another 30 min drive and there comes the highway on the right which says Pune 225 Kms. Once on this highway, you should reach pune in 4-5 hours max.

If you leave at 6 in morning, you should reach Goa by 3-4 max. Just make sure to get out of Pune before the traffic begins. The traffic before Katraj Ghat is ridiculous.
Old 7th October 2008, 17:45   #69
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinit.merchant View Post
From Kankawli, another 30 min drive and there comes the highway on the right which says Pune 225 Kms. Once on this highway, you should reach pune in 4-5 hours max.
which road you are refering?
is it radhanagari road via fonda ghat or gaganbavda road via bavda ghat or malkapur road via anuskara or amba ghat?
Old 7th October 2008, 18:01   #70
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASHISHPALLOD View Post
which road you are refering?
is it radhanagari road via fonda ghat or gaganbavda road via bavda ghat or malkapur road via anuskara or amba ghat?
I am referring to Gaganbavda Road.
Old 7th October 2008, 18:17   #71
Senior - BHPian

kolhapur-pune itself is @225 km.
i think the road to pune via gaganbavda is more than 300km from nh17 turnoff.
Old 7th October 2008, 18:47   #72
Senior - BHPian

It could be 325, as I dont remember it so clearly. But I found that route better route. What do you suggest? I think Pune Goa is do-able in a day, there ain't any need for an overnight halt.

Even 325 Kms is a matter of 5 hours max on that highway. Roads are pretty good.

Last edited by vinit.merchant : 7th October 2008 at 18:51.
Old 7th October 2008, 22:04   #73
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinit.merchant View Post
What do you suggest? I think Pune Goa is do-able in a day, there ain't any need for an overnight halt.
yes vinit,
pune goa is just daylight journey. no need to halt midway.
after kolhapur, one has lot of options to join to nh17 but i think most preferable is amboli ghat.
distance of pune-panjim may be max 450 km via amboli.

Last edited by ASHISHPALLOD : 7th October 2008 at 22:07.
Old 8th October 2008, 16:20   #74
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfs250 View Post
cheers:Planiing a trip to Goa this weekend. Any one from Goa could help suggesting decent accomodation in Panjim. Have parents me, wife and 2 kids. Taking my City 1.3 . Any precautions etc....etc? Anu suggestions about the route to be taken?
I am planning to start on 9th afternoon and stay in Kolhapur and then proceed to Goa. Any /all suggestions are most welcome.
/shri
If you leave Pune by 6 am, you could comfortably be in Panjim by 3 pm. I have done it by 2 pm , two years ago, Baleno with three kids and wife, few stops for the kids enroute. At that time the tunnel through Katraj was not ready, so I imagine it will be smoother sailing today.
Old 8th October 2008, 20:15   #75
BHPian

I would like to suggest the following route:

Pune - Kolhapur NH-4

Kolhapur - Radhanagari - Phonda (Maharashtra) - Kankavali - Sawantwadi - Goa

Kolhapur to Phonda** is a Ghat section and the road start from Kolhapur city. Ask for wat to Radhanagari or Phonda to any autowalla.

Phoda - Kankavali road will lead you to NH-17.

This route is a short and safe route to Goa from Pune.

HTH.

** Phonda Ghat honey is famous.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks