Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th October 2010, 13:43   #181
Senior - BHPian

Ranjit sir what about Sahir Kitur's tilari ghat route? any idea if it is good or bad at the moment?
Old 16th October 2010, 19:03   #182
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deutscheafrikar View Post
Ranjit sir what about Sahir Kitur's tilari ghat route? any idea if it is good or bad at the moment?
Oh yes,Sahir's Tilari route has been reported to be ok as well,though I dont think it would be a reccomended route unless one is an experienced driver!!
Old 16th October 2010, 19:57   #183
Senior - BHPian

Thank you, ranjitp1! This time, I think I'll try the NH4A option mentioned by you.

I hope there's only one "Goa road" from Belgaum, else I'll reach Goa via some totally different route!

Cheers,
Vikram
Old 17th October 2010, 10:39   #184
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
Oh yes,Sahir's Tilari route has been reported to be ok as well,though I dont think it would be a reccomended route unless one is an experienced driver!!

" Sahir's Tilari Ghat " Like the way its called here. Well as I have allways said. You have to really visit this place to understand the beauty. I will be back in Belgaum from 4th till 20 th. of Nov. If anybody wanst to visit this place, Be my guest.
Cheers.
Old 17th October 2010, 11:50   #185
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
Ranjit I hope there are some good hairpin bends there to drive down slope in low gear. Hopefully I will get the small niggles in the car fixed before Diwali so that I can drive that way soon after.

Quote:
Originally Posted by comfortablynumb View Post
I hope there's only one "Goa road" from Belgaum, else I'll reach Goa via some totally different route! Cheers,
Vikram
On the contrary, I think there are more than a couple of routes from belgaum to Goa. So I hope you find the road you are looking for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAHIR.KITTUR View Post
" Sahir's Tilari Ghat " Like the way its called here. Well as I have allways said. You have to really visit this place to understand the beauty. I will be back in Belgaum from 4th till 20 th. of Nov. If anybody wanst to visit this place, Be my guest.
Cheers.
Me, me, me. What else can that be called since no one else has spoken of it so lovingliy or seen the beauty of that ghat. Very few atleast. Sahir do you have anymore photos to share to revive my memory

Last edited by deutscheafrikar : 17th October 2010 at 11:55.
Old 17th October 2010, 12:20   #186
BHPian

Sahir do you have anymore photos to share to revive my memory[/quote]

Here's One enough to tempt you
Attached Thumbnails
Pune to Goa - advice on planned route would be appreciated-07.jpg  

Old 17th October 2010, 12:59   #187
Senior - BHPian

It couldnt get better than that!!!Hey Sahir,could you post the route details once again in here.It might be repetitive-sorry for that.What is the best way to get onto this route?Via Belgaum?
Old 17th October 2010, 13:01   #188
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for the photo Sahir. I just spoke to my Goa house painter. He says the tilari route is bad atm since they let in a lot of vehicles on that route during the blockage of amboli ghat due to landslide during these heavy rains .

Ranjit you will find the route in my post
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/1336299-post30.html

Also see Sahir's old post's

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/1335078-post26.html
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/1335117-post27.html

So when are you planning on driving there Ranjit?

Last edited by deutscheafrikar : 17th October 2010 at 13:14.
Old 17th October 2010, 13:15   #189
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deutscheafrikar View Post
Thanks for the photo Sahir. I just spoke to my Goa house painter. He says the tilari route is bad atm since they let in a lot of vehicles on that route during the blockage of amboli ghat due to landslide during these heavy rains.
Well sorry to say, but thats good news for me. That helps to keep the unwanted crowd away from Tilari. As I told you, get in touch with me when I am down there, Promise that you will enjoy the place.
Cheers.

Last edited by FlyingSpur : 16th December 2010 at 18:41. Reason: Fixed the quote tags.
Old 2nd November 2010, 10:11   #190
Senior - BHPian

Just back from a refreshing Goa-Gokarna-Kumta-Murudeshwar-Chikmagalur trip.

ranjitp1 - You were right! The Anmod ghat route was awesome - both road condition wise and scenery wise.

Traffic was dense till about 15-20 kms out of Belgaum, but then it thinned out and the drive was an absolute pleasure. 80 - 85% of the road from Belgaum to start of Anmod ghat is good, with the rest being a mix of not so good and really bad. However, the thing to remember is that most of the bad patches are on the curves, so they are not easily noticeable till it's too late.

The Anmod ghat itself is a belter. It was totally shrouded in fog, with hardly any traffic - it really was a drive to remember.

There was a 2-3 km long line of parked dumper trucks some distance after the ghat ended, but luckily there was hardly any oncoming traffic, enabling me to slip past them quickly. After this, the drive till Panaji was a mix of moderate to heavy traffic.

Drive time from Pune to Panaji was 9 hours 15 minutes including a 30 minute breakfast break at Sai International near Kolhapur, and a couple of tea and photography breaks on the road from Belgaum to Panaji.

Cheers,
Vikram
Attached Thumbnails
Pune to Goa - advice on planned route would be appreciated-anmod.jpg  

Last edited by comfortablynumb : 2nd November 2010 at 10:13.
Old 2nd November 2010, 14:54   #191

Hi all

Me planning for Mumbai - Goa for diwali vacation.
like to leave on 4th of Nov and back on 8th Nov.
thinking of taking NH4 thistime. i have done bullet ride on NH17 till goa but never been to goa via NH4.
planning to take the following route my objective is to reach fast with no long breaks,target time is 10-13 hours,
route :- mumbai-expressway-pune-dehuroad katraj byepass-shindewadi tunnel on
nh4-nh4-satara-kolhapurbyepass-nh4-kagal-nipani-sankeshwar-turnright-gadhinglaj-ajra-amboli-sawantwadi-goa.

Is this the best route and fastest route Via Nh4 to reach goa . In goa I need to go to Mapusa.

any suggestion please.

Thanks
Rajesh Vegad
Old 2nd February 2011, 02:06   #192
BHPian

Re: Pune to Goa - advice on planned route would be appreciated

Hello,

i am planning to travel to goa on my bike with my wife this 19th. i came to know from about this route 'Nipani-Uttur - Ajara - Amboli-Sawantwadi' could someone throw some light on how safe the road is. I had done a ride via gagan bavda in the past (riding solo) but found that it was too deserted. also if i could get the exact kms for this route it would be very helpful

Warm Regards,
Shashi
Old 2nd February 2011, 08:04   #193
BHPian

There is another thread related to Goa route. One of the more recent posts suggest the Pune-NH4-Belgaum-Khanapur-Anmod route for South Goa. I am leaving this Friday for Goa and am going that route.

Will post updates once back.
Old 2nd February 2011, 09:15   #194
BHPian

Quote:
There is another thread related to Goa route.
I guess you're referring to http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...ur-goa-19.html or maybe http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...ueries-14.html. I recently posted an update there on the short cut route between Khanapur-Anmod. Note that this road is driveable -- with caution -- but only if your vehicle and passengers take the bumps well. It's about 17 km shorter than the NH-4A route via Londa/Ramnagar.

I'll be driving to Mumbai next Tuesday or Wednesday and stil haven't been able to decide which route to prefer. It'll largely depend on the angle of sunlight when I reach the Anmod junction -- on the shortcut route, it can be difficult to keep your eyes peeled for the next pothole when the sun is in your eyes.

In that thread, I forgot to mention that the Ponda bypass (for turning towards Madgaon from NH-4A) is rough-surfaced and dusty, but is still a faster route than driving through the town at most times of day.

db
Old 2nd February 2011, 09:26   #195
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl.Burke View Post
I guess you're referring to http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...ur-goa-19.html or maybe http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...ueries-14.html. I recently posted an update there on the short cut route between Khanapur-Anmod. Note that this road is driveable -- with caution -- but only if your vehicle and passengers take the bumps well. It's about 17 km shorter than the NH-4A route via Londa/Ramnagar.
Yep! That's the one. I will be driving the Xylo which takes bumpy roads well, but am not hardpressed for time either. I don't mind the longer route if the road is devoid of potholes. What do you suggest?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks