Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th April 2014, 09:06   #211
PVS
BHPian

Re: Weekend Getaways from Hyderabad

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellmet View Post
What would be a cool(er) place to go to about 300KM from Hyderabad, by motorcycle? No temples, or historical monuments, just natural beauty.

It's been a long time since a vacation and my bike's asking for it's first highway ride.

What do you guys suggest?
It's going to be a tad farther than 300 Kms (one way). Head to Bhadrachalam - take a night halt at APTDC hotel, and in the morning head off towards Sileru Dam - the drive is supposed to be pretty scenic - albeit a bit rough though, after Bhadrachalam!
PVS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th April 2014, 11:46   #212
BHPian

Hosley Hills is waste. There is nothing up there, not even cool breeze. APTDC is trying hard but its hard to promote a mound as a hill. Araku Valley is better, but then I would call it a place to visit in winters. I have been there in summers and wont advise my enemies to go there during summers. The falls are dried up, Borra caves will be highly humid etc. More pains and no gains.
Funda is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th April 2014, 18:56   #213
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PVS View Post
Saw your thread. If you had so little water in July itself, i cannot imagine the situation in June first week. Looks like I need to drop my plans this season and plan something after monsoons. Thanks everyone for your suggestions.
Old 5th April 2014, 14:15   #214
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PVS View Post
It's going to be a tad farther than 300 Kms (one way). Head to Bhadrachalam - take a night halt at APTDC hotel, and in the morning head off towards Sileru Dam - the drive is supposed to be pretty scenic - albeit a bit rough though, after Bhadrachalam!
Thanks. That does seem doable.

Some questions:

What would be the best route options? NH9 til Suryapet and then take SH? What's the water condition of the river, and what places to see nearby? Thanks a lot!
Old 5th April 2014, 18:54   #215
PVS
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellmet View Post
Thanks. That does seem doable.

Some questions:

What would be the best route options? NH9 til Suryapet and then take SH? What's the water condition of the river, and what places to see nearby? Thanks a lot!
Yes, the most convenient and best way to get to Bhadrachalam, is the route that you have mentioned - NH 9 till Suryapet and from there to Bhadrachalam.

About the water in the river:
Since its a hydro-electric project, there should be water in the catchment area - more than the river, it is the remoteness of the area that should be of interest. You can find out more details from the Hotel Lobby at Bhadrachalam - they should be having some accurate info.

Here is the route map in google maps: https://goo.gl/maps/RoOcZ

Places to see nearby?
Apart from the temple, not much - people coming to Bhadrachalam usually visit the temple on day 1, and on day 2 head off to Kunavaram on the banks of the Godavari, for the day trip to Papikondalu by the river cruise and back.

If you are interested, instead of heading straight towards Sileru, you can take a left at Chinturu Village and ride on the rugged NH 221 (towards Jagdalpur) for a few kilometers and turn back. This road was in a pathetic condition(when I last saw it in 2007) - might still be in the same condition now, but the scenery around is good.

Last edited by PVS : 5th April 2014 at 18:55.
PVS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2014, 19:52   #216
Senior - BHPian

Hi folks,

We are a group of old time friends planning a get together near HYD around end-December. The plan is to go to a place not more than 150 km from HYD and relax for a day or two. Locations rich in natural beauty would be preferred. This is a stag meet (no families) so no strings attached - any decent acco with basic amenities should do. Looking forward to pointers from stalwarts!

Thanks in advance...
Old 24th October 2014, 20:33   #217
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_dube View Post

Locations rich in natural beauty would be preferred.

You may try out Maredumilli .. not particularly in the range of 150kms, but a very serene place to be at.

Check this travelogue out - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...nds-still.html
Old 29th December 2014, 19:54   #218
BHPian

Any happening place for a family nearby for Dec 31st and Jan 1st. Just some good sight seeing, adventure and some place for my kid to enjoy.
Old 2nd February 2015, 13:27   #219
BHPian

My office colleagues had been to Chirala this weekend. I could make out from their faces that they enjoyed the trip to the fullest. They started from Hyderabad at 7.00 a.m and reached the place at 5.00 p.m in a Tempo Traveller. If one travelling by car, may take about 6 to 7 hours max to reach this place. Most of the time was spent in the beach, playing water games.
Old 13th March 2015, 21:30   #220
BHPian

Can someone suggest a quiet place 50-100km from Secunderabad? We're quite tired of the city and need a break.
Old 21st September 2015, 18:49   #221
BHPian

Came across this link: http://traveltriangle.com/blog/offbe...ear-hyderabad/

Not an exhaustive list, but worth giving a dekko!
Old 19th January 2016, 15:31   #222
BHPian

Another location not often heard about, but have come across a few times in last couple of months: Hamsaladeevi Beach!
deepv is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st March 2016, 12:26   #223
BHPian

Saturday 19 March 2016.

Destination : Medak.
No of KM's driven : 240 KM (two way)
Route information : Miyapur to Medchal. From Medchal we continued on NH7 to Ramayampet Road, took the exit on the left after Ramayampet road onto Jukkal - Kallakal Rd/Medak-Yellareddy Rd to reach Pocharam wild life sanctuary.
Road Condition : Excellent
Toll Paid : Rs 105 (two way) at the Medchal toll gate.

Important Note: Do not take the Chegunta-Medak route as the road is in shambles due to ongoing expansion work.

Places visited : Pocharam wild life sanctuary & Medak Cathedral.

With very limited options around Hyderabad we went to this place with very less expectations and found the trip to be satisfactory. The drive was amazing and we managed to spend time in leisure.

Places skipped : Dam & Fort. Dam was skipped as we were informed by locals that it is dry, and the visit to the fort was dropped so that we can combine the two hopefully in the next visit after monsoon.

Complete details & some pictures available in page 7, post # 92 of the below thread.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post3936323

Cheers,
pdma.
pdma is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 18th July 2016, 12:12   #224
BHPian

Saturday 16 July 2016.

Destination : Mallelatheertham.
No of KM's driven : 403 KM (two way)
Route information : Miyapur to ORR (Shamshabad), exit after Airport towards Srisailam road and proceed towards Srisailam.
This waterfall is situated approximately 50 KM before Srisailam and we need to take a left after the Farhabad view point.
Road Condition : The roads were awesome with 3 small deviations after Dindi due to ongoing construction work related to 2 bridges. There is no proper road for the last 8KM of to the destination, it is a mud trail, so be cautious incase of heavy rains.
Toll Paid : Rs 80 (two way) at the ORR, Rs 10 for Forest entry at check post & Rs 30 for parking at the waterfall entry

Restaurants : We had lunch at Chenchulakshmi restuarant (i assume this run by the Govt). The food was decent & the place is clean. They charged Rs 70/- for plate meals.The restaurant is about 500M, on your right (Hyd .Srisailam direction) after the the forest check post.

Complete details & pictures available in page 8, post # 110 & 111 of the below thread.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...-3l-mjd-8.html

cheers,
pradeep.
pdma is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 26th July 2016, 09:34   #225
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdma View Post
Saturday 16 July 2016.
Pradeep : Good job and please keep updating this thread with little known or known getaways

I like the format that you use for sharing this information and request other members to use the same.

Just one input from my end, pictures of trip should be shared in the same post so all information is available at one location
mobike008 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks