Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th May 2011, 13:41   #136
Senior - BHPian

Re: Weekend Getaways from Hyderabad

Please suggest some place within 300-350 Kms radius of Hyderabad for a weekend getaway. Places already covered include:
  1. Hampi
  2. Suryalanka
  3. Vijaywada
  4. Kuntala Falls
  5. Basar
  6. Nagarjuna Sagar
  7. Srisailam

Cheers
Old 24th May 2011, 13:49   #137
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
Please suggest some place within 300-350 Kms radius of Hyderabad for a weekend getaway. Places already covered include:
  1. Hampi
  2. Suryalanka
  3. Vijaywada
  4. Kuntala Falls
  5. Basar
  6. Nagarjuna Sagar
  7. Srisailam
Cheers
MC, how about Bijapur? You have the Gol Gumbaz to visit there, and decent accomodation.

What about Bhadrachalam and some place nearby that Suren visited?
Old 24th May 2011, 21:36   #138
BHPian

Ani, Jungle Lodges has recently opened a property at Bidar. You may want to check that out, although its not too far away.

[Jungle Lodges and Resorts Ltd]-[Wildlife and Adventure Ecotourism Destination]

Cheers,
Old 25th May 2011, 15:26   #139
BHPian

you can consider

Belum Caves
Deccantrails.com
Old 6th June 2011, 16:56   #140
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ardy View Post
Ani, Jungle Lodges has recently opened a property at Bidar. You may want to check that out, although its not too far away.

[Jungle Lodges and Resorts Ltd]-[Wildlife and Adventure Ecotourism Destination]

Cheers,
ani,They have 30% discount running till 30th June.
However, it is very new and has some rough edges. Blackbuck sighting is with 15 Km radius and given that they are very shy, the closest you will get is with a 300mm zoom lens or a good binoc.
The staff is very helpful.
The coracle boats will start only when the reservoir gets fuller - which should be after the rains.
Place is great for quite walks with several different types of birds and animals around. not bad for a relaxed quite evening for a day and early morning offroading to see the blackbucks. They are more than happy for you to use your vehicle to chase the bucks around.
current state - the water should get to the bottom to the closest hut you see in the picture to get it interesting. Fishing is allowed and seems to have quite a lot of fishes.
Attached Thumbnails
Weekend Getaways from Hyderabad-resort.jpg  

Old 15th June 2011, 14:32   #141

I dont think that would be a good idea. You need to spend one full day at Humpi, if you really want to enjoy the trip.
I had a three day (2 Ni) trip with my family to Humpi, and felt it was adequate.

Regards,
Chandyboss.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwarakv View Post
How about the Kuntala and the pochera waterfalls. I myself haven't done it, planning on doing it sometime in the near future.

I am also planning on a trip to mantralayam from hyderabad. I am planning to include Hampi, Tungabhadra dam also.

Questions to the travel gurus are:

1) Is it possible to do all the 3 in a weekend?
2) Out of the two routes from hyderabad to mantralayam(one via mahboob nagar, another via kurnool), which is the better route.

Planning on doing this on my 4 month old baleno.

Thanks,
Dwarak
Old 22nd June 2011, 15:52   #142

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
  1. Hampi
  2. Suryalanka
  3. Vijaywada
  4. Kuntala Falls
  5. Basar
  6. Nagarjuna Sagar
  7. Srisailam
Cheers
Hi

You could consider the following places:

1. Warangal - I visited warangal last year and places to see include warangal fort, 1000 pillars temple, Rock Garden, a temple on the banks of a lake (sorry, forgot the name). These places are in warangal itself. There are a couple of lakes (paakhal and lakhnavaram) which are like 60 - 70 Kms from Warangal and they are worth the visit. The last mile for these lakes is bad (worse for lakhnavaram). However, i did this last year and conditions could be better now.

2. Bidar - Visited in early this year. Places to visit include Bidar fort, Jharani Narashimha cave temple, Gurudwara, Papanas Temple and lake, Bahamani tombs. One of the most fascinating things is the Jharani Narashimha temple where you will have to wade through water in an underground cave to worship.

Cheers!
Old 4th October 2011, 09:51   #143

Travel Around Hyderabad

Hello Guys!

Accept my apologies if this is a re-post. I did a search and could not come up with anything so I decided to start a thread. (It is not something I usually do :P)

I am planning to drive down (about 750 to 100 kms should be okay, even less is fine) to some place. My criteria is a good road and a nice place (more of the place than of the experience) and decent accommodation - all in that order.

I am planning to start on the morning of 6th October 2011.

I know the NH7 to Bangalore is one hell of a road, but I did a road trip to Hampi recently and would like to try other roads.

If there are any other places on the same road that I could visit, please do let me know. I have a driving companion so we could share the driving but we plan to drive during the day and settle down for a the night.

Would love to have options - and maybe this thread could turn out to be of help for someone like me (which I am sure there are a lot amongst us).

Just a reminder, I am more worried about good surfaces - i wan't the drive to be fun and incident free (talk about cracked rims and all!)

Thank you once again!
Old 4th October 2011, 10:53   #144
Senior - BHPian

Re: Travel Around Hyderabad

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulweaver View Post
Hello Guys!

Accept my apologies if this is a re-post. I did a search and could not come up with anything so I decided to start a thread. (It is not something I usually do :P)

I am planning to drive down (about 750 to 100 kms should be okay, even less is fine) to some place. My criteria is a good road and a nice place (more of the place than of the experience) and decent accommodation - all in that order.

I am planning to start on the morning of 6th October 2011.

I know the NH7 to Bangalore is one hell of a road, but I did a road trip to Hampi recently and would like to try other roads.

If there are any other places on the same road that I could visit, please do let me know. I have a driving companion so we could share the driving but we plan to drive during the day and settle down for a the night.

Would love to have options - and maybe this thread could turn out to be of help for someone like me (which I am sure there are a lot amongst us).

Just a reminder, I am more worried about good surfaces - i wan't the drive to be fun and incident free (talk about cracked rims and all!)

Thank you once again!
Is it 75km or 750kms?If its 750,then you could easily drive Hyd-Ooty and come back in around 12hours.

If its 75kms,I am afraid I cant help you much with that.
ranjitp1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2011, 17:44   #145
BHPian

Anantagiri hills or Nagarjuna sagar are the potential places. Suggest you going through the below link:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...hyderabad.html

mods: Please see if this thread can be merged with the above thread.
Old 4th October 2011, 18:31   #146
BHPian

My list:

On the Bangalore Highway - NH7:
Lepakshi : After crossing Anantapur ( 500 kms approx). Nothing great to stay there.
Mantralayam: ( 250 kms)
Tirupati and Talakona (again 700 kms)
Horsley Hills
Pulicat Lake: From Tirupati its about 100 kms

Vijayawada side:
1. Suryalanka Beach ( AP Tourism resorts) - 330 kms
2. Hamsaladeevi Beach: No place to stay here ( 400 kms)
Link for this beach done around October end 2010
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post2134904

3. Bapatla beach

Near Kakinada/Vizag:
1. Bheemili Beach - Excellent beach but very rough waters. You can stay in Vizag and visit places around (500 kms) - I will add pictures tonight of Bheemili beach in this thread.
2. Araku Valley (700 kms) - Right time to go there
3. Papikondalu - Again Near vizag
4. You can have bamboo chicken in Maredumulli. LInk below
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...nds-still.html
5. Coringa National Park - Mangrove Forests.

Papikondalu is a must visit. Apparently this will go under water once the Polavaram project is completed. So there is not much time to visit this place.

(Basically Alluri Sitarama Raju Forest Area) - All above 4 can be done in 3 days.

North eastern Side:
1. BhadraChalam - Lord Rama temple (Excellent place IMO)
2. Further from Bhadrachalam, one can go into the thick jungles. Sileru is a good place to see waterfalls and dams. 10 years ago on this route, the jungle canopy on the road was so thick that even sun wouldnt fall on the road. Not sure of road conditions now. But travelling at night in these areas is not advisable.

Basara: Good temple. Road is excellent NH7 on the Medchal highway side towards Nagpur.

Then there are the usual suspects:
1. Srisailam
2. Nagarjun Sagar and Ettipothala falls
3. Yadagirigutta (Temple)
4. Warangal (1000 pillard temple and Ramappa temple: Ramappa temple is a must visit place IMO)

West side:
Bidar: If you can get hold of some resorts close to Bidar, it will be a good place to spend one night there.

Also if you want to go to some tiger reserve, there is Tadoba Tiger reserve (about 500 kms) and it is again on the NH7 to Nagpur.

These are the options for < 750 kms range that I can think of.

Edit: You can also see Kuntala Falls.

More info on Bidar:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...ml#post2401682

Last edited by himavanth_m : 4th October 2011 at 18:35.
himavanth_m is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2011, 19:01   #147

Hey Himavanth! Thank you again for all the information. I have covered most of the places in AP. Also, my earlier message did not seem to have appeared. In my first post I meant 750 - 1000 Kms - I mis-typed it as 100.

The Tadoba tiger reserve was something that I was considering, but the last time I went there I really did not spot a tiger.

Lets see what I can do, I might actually drive down to Ooty. I would have loved to drive down to Jog falls via Shivamogga, but the last time I did that, the roads were pretty bad, so I am not really sure how the surface is now!

Also, the Optra does not really have a forgiving ground clearance!
Old 4th October 2011, 22:45   #148
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulweaver View Post
Hey Himavanth! Thank you again for all the information. I have covered most of the places in AP. Also, my earlier message did not seem to have appeared. In my first post I meant 750 - 1000 Kms - I mis-typed it as 100.

The Tadoba tiger reserve was something that I was considering, but the last time I went there I really did not spot a tiger.

Lets see what I can do, I might actually drive down to Ooty. I would have loved to drive down to Jog falls via Shivamogga, but the last time I did that, the roads were pretty bad, so I am not really sure how the surface is now!

Also, the Optra does not really have a forgiving ground clearance!
Have you got a chance to visit around Pune? Its a lovely place and right now is the correct time:
Mahabaleshar, Neelkanteshwar, Lonawala, Khandala, Khadakwasla dam, Pavna Dam, Pratapgarh fort, Sinhagad fort and many many more. I can literally count 100 places around pune.

Also you can visit the Konkan belt: Harihareshwar, Kashid Beach, Gokarna (Down south) and many many more here too.

If you have a type of place in mind, I can suggest you. Ooty is too common a destination IMHO. If you dont have anything else, the last option should be Ooty No offence meant.

1000 Kms means you can Do orissa as well. Or extreme south which is Kerala.
Old 5th October 2011, 12:20   #149
BHPian

I guess the choices at 750 to 1000kms range are many in all directions. It really depends on what kind of place you want to go, budget and your travel preferences.

My suggestions:
1. If you have already covered Tadoba, suggest going to Pench national park.
2. Ganapathipule and Tarkali. MTDC is the only option and I am going there on Dec end.
3. Goa is by default and can't get missed from any list
4. Mahabaleshwar and Pondicherry
5. Coorg
6. Vythri

Last edited by prabingade : 5th October 2011 at 12:21.
prabingade is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th October 2011, 17:33   #150

Thanks Prabin - I went to Bangalore and from there on moved to Mysore. The Bangalore - Mysore road was traffic ridden and extremely patchy. It was a pain driving there. My consideration was primarily for good road condition.

I am thinking of taking a road trip to Allahabad soon. I am hoping that NH7 has been laid out fully!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks