Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th July 2010, 00:44   #511
Senior - BHPian

NICE Road-Kunigal

NICE road ( Bangalore ) to Kunigal on the NH48 (via Magadi) is awesome.It has fast sweeping turns which is fun is drive on with those skinny OE tires that the Alto and the Swift come with .There are some very fast straights like the one in the attached pics where these small cars can easily max out their speedos .

A fast and sensible driver can have orgasmic fun on this road.Its a treat to watch the B7R drivers throw these beasts full of unsuspecting passengers on this road.The first row seats make you feel as if you playing some racing game .
Attached Thumbnails
The Best Roads In India-1.jpg  

The Best Roads In India-3.jpg  

Old 19th July 2010, 11:13   #512
BHPian

Undoubtedly the NH-17.
Old 19th July 2010, 11:27   #513
Senior - BHPian

I like most of the GQ roads around Bangalore. I also enjoyed the road between Thekkady and Munnar. But most of us are "koopa manduka", while talking about the "best roads" in India. People like HVK and others should have much better ideas of what they are talking about.
Old 19th July 2010, 14:27   #514
Senior - BHPian

The Delhi-NCR bhpian must be aware of the Faridabad-Guragoan Link Road, I just got a chance to drive on this and I must say I completely enjoyed the 30 kms stretch.

I will try to click few pics of the same as and when I will travel on it next time.
Old 25th July 2010, 20:22   #515
h.k
BHPian

please make a note, the road condition in kerala is by far the worst of all, and real test to our cars suspensions etc.
Old 27th July 2010, 11:46   #516
mgh
BHPian

East Coast Road from Chennai to Pondichery. Once you are past VGP, you can zoom. It is not a divided highway, but there are no sharp curves, and they are well banked. Don't drive after 10 pm, as drunken cab drivers are a menace. The scenery is excellent, most of the time, the road is less than half a km from the coast.
Old 30th July 2010, 16:01   #517
BHPian

It definitely has to be belgaum-pune stretch. What an awesome road, what an awesome landscape all through the drive. Its used to be such a stress buster to take my car down that road every weekend. Miss those drives. Not to forget the awesome weather around Belgaum, Karnataka
Old 3rd August 2010, 17:37   #518
BHPian

Hosur Road stretch from Bangalore till Avanashi (Tamilnadu). The stretch starts from Silkboard(Bangalore) and goes till Avanashi covering up 310 kms.

I cover it in exactly 3.5 hours on my Esteem mpfi! :-D
Old 3rd August 2010, 20:03   #519
BHPian

Guess NH7 between Krishnagiri and Salem is the best. 4 lane and crazy speeds all along.
Old 3rd August 2010, 20:22   #520
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aa_asif View Post
Hosur Road stretch from Bangalore till Avanashi (Tamilnadu). The stretch starts from Silkboard(Bangalore) and goes till Avanashi covering up 310 kms.

I cover it in exactly 3.5 hours on my Esteem mpfi! :-D

That is some good speed that you do .Any pics of this road?
Old 4th August 2010, 15:23   #521
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedsatya View Post
That is some good speed that you do .Any pics of this road?
Not yet.. Everytime I hit the road for this trip. I try to break my previous personal record
This result was from the last trip which was done to Cochin where I took exactly 6.5 hours to reach Trichur from Bangalore (and took another 1 hour to reach Cochin from Trichur though it was just a 50km drive, all thanks to the road construction and mad traffic rush! ).
Old 4th August 2010, 18:32   #522
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightening-Fast View Post
Guess NH7 between Krishnagiri and Salem is the best. 4 lane and crazy speeds all along.
NH7 is the pretty good beyond Salem all the way till Mahendragiri near Nagercoil. Except for a brief stretch near Karur where road widening is happening.
Old 18th August 2010, 11:55   #523
BHPian

Personally, I would rate the Mumbai Pune highway as the best that I have driven on - given the clear demarcation of lanes, the tunnels, the views and the side enclosures to discourage stray traffic.

Other roads that are cool: Travel to Coorg from Bangalore, last Stretch of the Bangalore Tirupati road.
Old 23rd August 2010, 01:18   #524
h.k
BHPian

how ever the best drivers road, or can i say a drivers delight is this road in kerala read on....As a part of my catering contract works I do visit most of the location and as I enjoy driving most of the times I am self driven.
And in past 5 years I have traveled through the length and breadth of kerala and I have found that the finest, safest and the most exiting driving route in kerala is the one from kochi to thekkady.
Why I say so is because
A) well tarred roads
B) through the rubber plantations
C) excellent corners and full of high and low plains
D) very low traffic
E) can judge the road well ahead
F) safest to drive
There are not many roads that is half as exiting to drive like this one. And a car with a 100+ bhp on, the fun just gets better.
The route is as follows
Ernakulam take kottayam route but do not travel to kottayam
Ernakulam to vaikom to thalayolaparambu to kadathuruthy
From kadathuruthy junction take a left to pala
Kadathuruthy is the most important junction to take a turn if you want to have fun driving
From pala to ponkunnam
From ponkunnam to kanjirapally
And kanjirapally to thekkady
Old 23rd August 2010, 12:41   #525
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbraj View Post
NH7 is the pretty good beyond Salem all the way till Mahendragiri near Nagercoil. Except for a brief stretch near Karur where road widening is happening.
All that is done. I didn't see any when I went last week.

I agree Salem to Madurai and onwards is probably one of the best in TN atleast.

They have rectified almost all issues that were present in the previous 4 laning. (No Ploughing through villages, extra lane for right turn, well marked boards, good service roads in important places)

There's very less lorry traffic compared to Krishnagiri - Salem.

We did Salem - Madurai a distance of 240 kms+ in 2 and half hours. Actually we hit Samayanallur in two hours. It took us 30 minutes to cover the next 20 kms or so into town on a two lane. So probably around 220kms in 2 hrs. With 3 toll gates (Namakkal, before Aravangurichi and after Dindigul)

There are some stretches were there was absolutely no traffic. We averaged 130 kmph for long stretches (15 - 20 minutes).

As always watch out for wrong side traffic.

Madurai - Dindigul sees more traffic.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks