Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th September 2020, 12:53   #361
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Re: Interstate travel with the Covid-19 restrictions

I just took got the pass for Chennai. It mentions entry is between 7am and 7pm only. at the state border Is that still in force? All these restrictions look really weird.

Last edited by m8002? : 4th September 2020 at 12:53. Reason: Clarification
Old 6th September 2020, 13:48   #362
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route...ml#post4880400 (Bangalore - Chennai - Bangalore : Route Queries)

Linking the update from the other thread.
Old 7th September 2020, 23:04   #363
Distinguished - BHPian

TN Check Post @ KA-TN border(Towards TN/KL) :

I crossed around 3PM today and they were checking for E-Pass. Vehicles without E-Pass were asked to take U turn and register for E-Pass.
Attached Thumbnails
Interstate travel with the Covid-19 restrictions-img_20200907_153019087.jpg  

Interstate travel with the Covid-19 restrictions-img_20200907_154309678.jpg  

arun_josie is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 8th September 2020, 09:20   #364
BHPian

Re: Kerala to Chennai

Quote:
Originally Posted by swageo View Post
I have to travel to Chennai from Kerala by road ( own car ) and return after 4 days. I applied and got epass instantly.

But TN epass says 14 days home quarantine at Chennai. Is this true ?
I drove (returned) from Cochin to Chennai on 5-Sep. Received a call from Chennai Corporation 2 days later asking whether I have arrived and informing that I need to quarantine myself at home for 14 days. This was a returnee pass. There may be a short visit option for business travelers that does not require a quarantine.
Btw:There wasn't any checking on KL side. However as soon as you cross over to TN at Walayar, there was a checkpoint where the car had to be parked in queue, one person needed to alight and show the ePass at a makeshift shamiana. Softcopy ePass on the mobile was being accepted. All that they asked was about number of passengers and a paper token with current date was then issued. This token was required to drive out of the queue. No checking anywhere else.
knockout is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 8th September 2020, 10:08   #365
BHPian

Input for anyone planning to use NH44 near Nagpur to head northwards:

Seems there is a significant diversion near Pench and would be advisable to detour towards Chindwara and rejoin NH44 after Narsinghpur.

Read this on a post on a Resident Community Group by someone who did Bangalore-Gwalior recently:

Quote:
Day 3: Started from Pench at 7:30AM. Google maps showed NH44 (again) so was pretty happy. As soon we exited jungle and joined NH44, there was a diversion a km ahead (not marked in Google maps yet). It was the longest diversion I have ever seen! Took us to SH43 and kept us there for good 1.5 hrs before we joined NH44 again. Roads were of a SH quality. Enough patches of deep potholes. NH44 stretch was again not that smooth. Sudden potholes and herd of cows wandering around on the highway. Not recommended to drive at more than 80kmph speeds! Took the narsinghpur - sagar - jhansi route. Reached home in Gwalior at 6:30PM (which was surprising considering the road conditions and 1.5hrs diversion). May be, because we didn't stop anywhere for lunch and took 5-10mkns break to stretch out
Thanks to the good Samaritan who shared their experience!
Old 8th September 2020, 20:30   #366
BHPian

Team,
I have got approved pass for travel from Chennai to Thrissur for 13th Sept.
Now, TN epass website does not show any option for travel out of TN. Does it mean that no pass is required from TN side?
Please advise.
Old 8th September 2020, 21:40   #367
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivr1612 View Post
Team,
I have got approved pass for travel from Chennai to Thrissur for 13th Sept.
Now, TN epass website does not show any option for travel out of TN. Does it mean that no pass is required from TN side?
Please advise.
Yes, TN epass is for entering TN from other states. For exit, it's not required.
arun_josie is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th September 2020, 22:26   #368
BHPian

Planning to go for Tirupati Darshan next week as tickets are available and also haven't been out of home since March with WFH.

A quick question -- I would be driving down from Bangalore to AP so do I need a entry pass for AP?

TIA
Old 9th September 2020, 12:21   #369
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
Yes, TN epass is for entering TN from other states. For exit, it's not required.
And what are the latest quarantine rules for those who enter TN/Chennai from other states by Road? My understanding is those who are symptomatic alone need to go through 14 days quarantine. Quarantine rules are there for Rail and Air passengers. For all others, its not required. Is that correct or am i missing something?

-Ravi

Last edited by ravib : 9th September 2020 at 12:40.
ravib is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th September 2020, 13:34   #370
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajinibm View Post
Planning to go for Tirupati Darshan next week as tickets are available and also haven't been out of home since March with WFH.

A quick question -- I would be driving down from Bangalore to AP so do I need a entry pass for AP?

TIA
AP has scrapped the E-pass system. You can directly travel to AP
srimath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th September 2020, 19:23   #371
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravib View Post
And what are the latest quarantine rules for those who enter TN/Chennai from other states by Road? My understanding is those who are symptomatic alone need to go through 14 days quarantine. Quarantine rules are there for Rail and Air passengers. For all others, its not required. Is that correct or am i missing something?

-Ravi
As per the guidelines mentioned in the E-Pass, it's 14 days HQ. It doesn't talk about symptomatic/asymptomatic. However it looks like they are not tracking/monitoring the interstate travelers via road.
arun_josie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th September 2020, 11:08   #372
BHPian

I did Mumbai-NCR-Mumbai this week via GJ-RJ-HR-DL covering about 3,000 KMs. No E-pass, no check posts, no restrictions on no. of people int he car.
sinharishi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th September 2020, 18:42   #373
BHPian

I just did a quick day trip to Pondicherry and back from Chennai. Technically it is supposed to be an interstate journey but there were no police checks at all.

I'm not sue whether this no-check is only for Pondicherry but I've heard other entry points into Tamil Nadu are asking for an e pass.
Old 12th September 2020, 19:00   #374
Distinguished - BHPian

I drove to Kasaragod from Manipal 2 days back. There was no checking at Kerala border. I didn't register online or applied for any pass too. I believe Kerala still says pass is mandatory, but they are not checking at any borders.
Dr.Naren is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th September 2020, 23:37   #375

Quote:
Originally Posted by NowNew7 View Post
I have the same worry... While the Unlock guidelines now specify no requirement for passes - exit, transit or entry, the ground reality is far from clear.

Do share your experience, as I am planning for a trip which shares quite a bit of the same route as yours. I intend to do the same once I complete mine, to set the correct expectations for subsequent travellers.
I just completed a solo trip from Bangalore to Rourkela via Bangalore->Hyderabad->Nagpur->Bhillai->Jharsuguda. Started on 10 Sep, at 4pm and reached Rourkela on 12th September, 6 am.

I had tried applying for a pass for Odisha, but the status just showed "registered" for over a week. Even the contact details provided didn't pick up the call.

I was stopped only at the AP-Karnataka border where cops asked where I was headed to and was coming from where. I said I am driving down to Hyderabad from Bangalore. He just glanced inside the car to see what I was carrying (it was mostly food kept in the backseat) and let me pass. No question of pass or anything.

Nowhere else in Maharashtra, chhatisgarh or Odisha was I even stopped.

I will post the trip details in a separate thread - https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route...e-queries.html (Bangalore - Rourkela : Route Queries)
animosity1123 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks