Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th August 2021, 13:20   #1111
Senior - BHPian

Re: Interstate travel with the Covid-19 restrictions

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
Thank you for sharing. Did you register in advance on the TN ePass website?

Trying proactively to get ePass also but there's a 'Travel Reason Document' to be uploaded which is new.
Only when I reached Attibele checkpost is when I remembered that I forgot to take ePass.

So I pulled over just before the checkpost and registered through mobile and got one. Just uploaded vaccine certificate as travel reason document as I wasn't sure what to upload. Since the pass is auto generated, I dont think anyone verifies it or how relevant that is. But alas, there was noone checking for it at the border.
balenoed_ is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 17th August 2021, 14:21   #1112
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by temala View Post

Alternatively, You can also try via Chittoor. I did Bangalore - Chittoor on Sunday. I didnt see any checking in this route.
Thank you. We live closer to Hosur, so opting for that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by balenoed_ View Post
So I pulled over just before the checkpost and registered through mobile and got one. Just uploaded vaccine certificate as travel reason document as I wasn't sure what to upload. Since the pass is auto generated, I dont think anyone verifies it or how relevant that is. But alas, there was noone checking for it at the border.
Great minds think alike

Just after I put up that post, I did the same and have the epass generated. We are carrying fully vaccinated records with us so assuming no issues even if they do check.

Thanks guys!
ninjatalli is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th August 2021, 17:04   #1113
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
Did you register in advance on the TN ePass website? And was there any validations for KA number plate cars (in case other vehicles around were with KA number plate)?

I'm planning to head to Chennai from Bangalore on Thursday. Trying proactively to get ePass also but there's a 'Travel Reason Document' to be uploaded which is new. Not sure what I can offer now. Any suggestions?
I know I'm not the poster you responded to, but I did a Bangalore-Trichy and back trip on Sunday with a KA vehicle. The person I was with was fully vaccinated and I had the RT PCR but there was absolutely no checking of any sort at any place.

There are traffic stops where the infra for checks are present, but no cars were being stopped. There was one checkpoint where commercial vehicles were being asked to go into a separate lane, presumably for checks, but passenger vehicles were free to go.

I didn't bother with the e-pass as I did not know what to submit for reason for travel. Hope this helps.
Coyote is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th August 2021, 17:51   #1114
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathwalkr View Post
Is the RT-PCR negative test result still mandatory to enter TN from Kerala?
Either, certificate of 2 dose vaccination or RT-PCR negative report tested within the preceding 72 hours. This was my experience last Saturday at Walayar, while traveling from KL-07 to TN-07.
knockout is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th August 2021, 16:13   #1115
BHPian

Planning a drive from Trivandrum to Leh to explore the region at leisure in September-October 2021. Himachal Pradesh now requires Epass to transit the state. Ladakh requires negative RTPCR to enter. What about the other states?

Has anyone gone through this process? Where in Manali can we get an RTPCR test done and how long does it take to get the result?
Thans in advance for any information in this regard.
Old 20th August 2021, 19:46   #1116
Senior - BHPian

Curious to know what is needed when a person who has been vaccinated out of India (both doses) and is back to India needs to travel? Will the certificate from a different country accepted or is the RT-PCR test mandatory for them? I am guessing it is the latter.
Old 20th August 2021, 22:49   #1117
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueyTechie View Post
Curious to know what is needed when a person who has been vaccinated out of India (both doses) and is back to India needs to travel? Will the certificate from a different country accepted or is the RT-PCR test mandatory for them? I am guessing it is the latter.
In case of my parents, they returned from US 2 weeks back. Dad was fully vaccinated in India, and had the certificate. Mom had the Pfizer certificate from USA. Both were accepted as proof by the team stationed at Mumbai airport (As only fully vaccinated passengers with proof can get home quarantine, else it would be 7 day institutional quarantine at a minimum).

My guess is, the certificate should work. In fact, parents drove to Delhi from Mumbai 2 days back, and were carrying their certificates in case its checked. We were curious too on your question. However, no checks happened till now (they are in Delhi now).

Will share an update if there is any.

cheers!
VT-RNS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2021, 12:29   #1118
BHPian

What's the inexpensive way of getting RT-PCR tested in Mumbai? What with every state asking for RT-PCR certificate for Maharastrians, there should be a way for RT-PCR test for frequent travelers.
Old 21st August 2021, 18:20   #1119
BHPian

Here is the summary of our today's trip from Puducherry to Bangalore.

Started at 7:45 AM from home. Crossed PY-TN border at around 8 AM. No checking. Could be because it was a village road.

Crossed TN-KA border at Attibele at 2:15 PM. No checking for any vehicle including other state registered ones.

Though every district border in TN continue to have checkposts, either they were unmanned or the police there did not bother to stop the vehicles for checking for ePass/test report/vaccine certificate/etc.

Most of the popular restaurants are open on the highway and are allowing dine in. Traffic was heavy from Krishnagiri onwards. Bangalore traffic was too much as expected.

Looks like people and govt have forgotten the impact of covid second wave.
Old 21st August 2021, 23:21   #1120
BHPian

Travelled from BLR to Kerala, via Makutta, Kootupuzha around 10PM on 20Aug21. Entered Kerala, no checking at the border bridge. Continued forward till Vallithode (If i remember correctly) where a lone policeman was flagging down vehicles. Again, no RT PCR asked or checked, but he was more worried about Kerala ePass. Not sure if this laxity was due to Onam eve. We had RT PCR report ready anyway.
xotiq is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2021, 19:40   #1121
Senior - BHPian

Today crossed from TN to KA via Attibele at around 4.30pm. Noticed several KL and MH registered vehicles are being stopped, probably for RTPCR report checking. Not stopping any other registrations.

Saw a KL registered red baleno with LTD sticker who was right in front of me getting pulled over. Any BHPian?

Last edited by balenoed_ : 22nd August 2021 at 19:56.
Old 22nd August 2021, 21:36   #1122
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balenoed_ View Post
Today crossed from TN to KA via Attibele at around 4.30pm. Noticed several KL and MH registered vehicles are being stopped, probably for RTPCR report checking. Not stopping any other registrations.
Interesting. We traveled from TN to KA today, crossed Attibele at 2pm. Neither were we stopped, nor saw any other cars being stopped. KA vehicle here btw.

Same was the experience when we traveled from KA to TN a few days ago. No stops at all, for us or anyone else around us.
ninjatalli is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2021, 21:57   #1123
AZT
BHPian

Did a same day flight outside Maharashtra and back. If you are 2 doses complete and less than 14 days since second dose, mandatory negative report needed. Over 14 days are exempt.
Old 23rd August 2021, 09:45   #1124
BHPian

I have to travel to Sri City (AP-TN Border) from Bangalore in next 3-4 days. There are 2 routes, one through AP and another through TN. Via TN route is ~40 kms more but ETA is similar to AP route.

Considering border restrictions, would appreciate any suggestion on the right route to take. Also, is RT PCR mandatory for KA residents, when returning from other state?
Old 23rd August 2021, 18:38   #1125
BHPian

I traveled from Hyderabad to Gurgaon over the weekend. Starting on Saturday morning from Hyderabad and reaching Gurgaon on Sunday afternoon, with a halt at Sagar. I took the following route: Hyd - Nagpur - Pench - Sagar - Jhansi - Gwalior - Agra - Gurgaon. I was stopped only once by a cop in Nagpur who asked me for the car papers. Nobody asked me for the RTPCR test, though I was carrying the RTPCR negative report for me and my family. I had the vaccination report also with me in the bunch of paper I had prepared.

Nowhere I was stopped or asked for any paperwork related to Covid-19 restrictions.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks