Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Search this Thread
Old 3rd July 2021, 19:35   #961
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Re: Interstate travel with the Covid-19 restrictions

Quote:
Originally Posted by nareshtrao View Post
Folks, Anyone travelled from Karnataka to Goa or vice versa in the last few days? Wanted to know if any restrictions? Plan to travel with family to South Goa via Karwar later in the week and hence the query. Thanks in advance for your responses.
Last I know, Goa was insisting on fully vaccinated or rt-pcr -ve reports to enter. Return to KA doesn't require anything.
m8002? is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2021, 20:03   #962

Quote:
Originally Posted by niranjan94 View Post
Hi all!
I'm planning to travel by road (KA registered car) from Bangalore to my parents' home in Coimbatore.

When I login to the TN epass portal, I only see one option "Others (going out of TN by road only)" apart from medical emergency, funeral, and wedding option.

Did anyone travel the KA to TN route via Zuzuwadi/Hosur recently? What option had you picked for the epass? Was there any checking at the border or anywhere else along the way inside TN?

Thanks in advance
I drove to Coimbatore (TN) today from Bangalore (KA registered vehicle). Was not stopped anywhere. Did not notice any other cars being stopped either. There were checkpoints (or in some cases signs of old checkpoints) but didn't notice anybody manning them.
niranjan94 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th July 2021, 08:40   #963
BHPian

Quote:
I drove to Coimbatore (TN) today from Bangalore (KA registered vehicle). Was not stopped anywhere. Did not notice any other cars being stopped either. There were checkpoints (or in some cases signs of old checkpoints) but didn't notice anybody manning them.
Did you take TN epass? Does it exist or TN has removed its epass requirement?
Old 4th July 2021, 10:15   #964
BHPian

Hi Guys, Do we still require epass to travel to Ooty from CBE?
Old 4th July 2021, 22:40   #965
BHPian

Quote:

Mistakenguy If you don't mind my asking, what had your selected while applying for TN E-Pass ?
Apologies for the delayed response. I had selected medical emergency as the reason(this is the actual reason as well)
Old 5th July 2021, 12:01   #966
BHPian

Just completed my road trip from CCU-BLR with a night halt at Vizag. Was not carrying any RTPCR, vaccine certificate or any e-pass! Neither was I stopped anywhere! One car had WB number and the other one had KA.

Left CCU at 6am and reached the hotel at Vizag at 8pm. Left Vizag next day at 8am, reached home in Bangalore by 2am as there was very heavy downpour along the route. Had to pull over multiple times due to the rain.
ssjr0498 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th July 2021, 12:17   #967
Distinguished - BHPian

Couple of people I know drove from Goa to Bangalore on Sunday. Vehicle number and traveller details were taken at the Goa checkpost, when leaving the state, nothing at the KA checkpost at Karwar and no other checks. No one asked for RT-PCR report. Lots of traffic when entering Bangalore apparently.
am1m is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2021, 16:36   #968
BHPian

Drove from Mumbai to Chandigarh on 26th June 2021. Only Rajasthan Police checked for RT-PCR report at Gujarat - Rajasthan border. Only four-wheelers were stopped. Truckers and bikers were spared. No checking was done anywhere else.
ashtrix is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2021, 16:40   #969
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunramaswamy View Post
Ooty is one of the restricted areas, along with Kodai and a few other places. Do check TN govt notifications. The ePass website has this list.
condor is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2021, 16:50   #970
BHPian

Completed my road trip from Bangalore to Hyderabad on 1st July and returned on 3rd July.

No restrictions or checks anywhere in between. Though many of the food outlets are closed the busy ones or the good ones where people throng are operative with limited menu and staff.
vinukm is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th July 2021, 09:14   #971
BHPian

Need some advice. Two of us would be travelling by road from Hyderabad to Solapur. After an overnight halt, I will return back to Hyderabad and the other person would proceed to Pune in another car. The person proceeding to Pune has taken both doses of Covaxin whereas my first dose is due next month.

Wanted to check whether it would suffice for me to carry a negative RT-PCR report and for the other person to carry just the vaccination certificate? Checking since Karnataka has some rules which are clear for Kerala and Maharashtra but not for other states like Telangana.
Old 6th July 2021, 11:23   #972
BHPian

I've gone through the circulars published by Karnataka Government, and nowehere it is explicitly called out that inter district travel is allowed. However they do mention that there is no restriction outside of containment areas. Does anybody know if there is any such restriction?
Old 6th July 2021, 12:09   #973
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunramaswamy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Ooty is one of the restricted areas, along with Kodai and a few other places. Do check TN govt notifications. The ePass website has this list.
As per last sunday guidelines from TN, no ePass is required to travel to Ooty or Kodai or other hill stations and no ePass/eRegistration needed for inter-district travel within TN.

-Ravi
ravib is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 6th July 2021, 13:13   #974
BHPian

Lot of confusion regarding e pass requirement to enter the Nilgiris.

One notification states that an e pass is required for people to enter Nilgiris from other states while TN residents can enter without e pass. Probably they will check your Identity Card and allow/deny you entry.

Another notification from the District Collector on Monday the 5th states that Tourists and the general public coming from both Kerala and Karnataka must have e - passes to enter the Nilgiris District. This will create problem for those entering from Bandipur side even if they do not belong to Karnataka as they will be coming from Karnataka. Probably those entering from Mettupalyam side may get away if they do not belong to Kerala or Karnataka.
Old 6th July 2021, 13:25   #975
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_joker View Post
I've gone through the circulars published by Karnataka Government, and nowehere it is explicitly called out that inter district travel is allowed. However they do mention that there is no restriction outside of containment areas. Does anybody know if there is any such restriction?
I don't think there is any restriction for inter district travel. The government has also resumed inter district bus services .
Dr.Naren is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed