Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th July 2021, 12:35   #991
BHPian

Re: Interstate travel with the Covid-19 restrictions

BHPians two questions

1. Is RTPCR test required for travel to Delhi by flight from Bangalore? Will first dose vax certificate be enough?
2. What about return to Bangalore from Delhi?
Old 11th July 2021, 13:08   #992
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m8002? View Post
You should have the RT-PCR negative report for all travellers to enter KA from KL. Since you have a KL registered car, there is a good chance you will be stopped.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ravib View Post
Since you are not yet vaccinated, and given the new threat due to Zika virus, there are strict restrictions to cross via TN and also RT-PCR negative report is mandatory to enter KA.

As m8002 mentioned, since you have KL registered car, you are very likely to be stopped in Attibelle TN-KA border. So keep all sufficient proof documents ready.

-Ravi
Thank you ‘m8002’ & ‘ravib’ for the valuable guidance.

We will go ahead and get the RTPCR done as soon as possible.

As of now, getting slotted and obtain a location for vaccination is not seems to be working properly here at Kerala.

Hopefully the negative RTPCR test results would be sufficient to transit through Tamil Nadu. Fingers crossed.
cjnigesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2021, 13:18   #993
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garth View Post
BHPians two questions

1. Is RTPCR test required for travel to Delhi by flight from Bangalore? Will first dose vax certificate be enough?
2. What about return to Bangalore from Delhi?
1) It depends on the airlines. Check with the airlines procedure, if they are okay to accept first dose vaccination certificate. Also check Delhi government rules too.
2) KA doesn't expect RT-PCR negative certificate for people traveling from Delhi. Currently only from MH & KL they are required.

-Ravi

Last edited by ravib : 11th July 2021 at 13:31.
ravib is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2021, 14:27   #994
BHPian

I am planning to travel by car to Bengaluru from Kottayam (Kerala) to visit my daughter and family. Confused about the requirements - mainly RT-PCR and TN epass. We 3 travellers are fully vaccinated.
I find no provision for a transit pass in the TN epass portal. So contacted a number of officials in TN over phone and all of them were clueless about the transit epass. However one person advised me to travel by bus or flight. The last number 044-1070 informed me with a great deal of certainty and authenticity that travel in a car is not allowed through TN for commuters from Kerala to Karnataka. He too advised me to opt for flight or bus, which of course, I don't intent to. I am totally not convinced and am now left all the more perplexed and confused. C
an someone please help me out?
anilagdr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2021, 16:21   #995
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahil624 View Post
With effect from today, people arriving from outside Rajasthan need to carry only first dose certificate. However, in case the first dose has not been done, negative report would be required. But, when I travelled from Mumbai to Rajasthan last week, there was no checking done at the border or anywhere, even the hotels allowed check in without the negative report.
Thanks.
However, it was my hotel that insisted on an RTPCR, and even denied checkin to one family who arrived without one.
Pretty strict, jaipur about this. Curfew form 7 PM, police vans roaming around shouting at people.

Also, the way back, the Kisan protest will hold you up for an indefinite amount of time. So definitely Jaipur is off limits for client visits for the foreseeable future. If youre forced to go, this is teh route to come back:

https://www.google.co.in/maps/dir/Ja...1e!1m1!4e1!3e0

Head off the highway at Lamachpur any way you can, going backwards, or the wrong side, and then let Google get you back on highway after about 30 minutes of in-village driving. Definitely doable, slightly bad roads, but nothing that cant be managed, even if its a slow slung City.
mayankk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2021, 18:11   #996
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilagdr View Post
I am planning to travel by car to Bengaluru from Kottayam (Kerala) to visit my daughter and family. Confused about the requirements - mainly RT-PCR and TN epass. We 3 travellers are fully vaccinated.
It seems like we both are on the same boat! It’s very confusing indeed. It’s good to know that all of you have got fully vaccinated, but we are not!

We are going to get the RTPCR done first thing tomorrow morning. So far I understood that it is mandatory to have the negative RTPCR result in our possession.

E-Pass doesn’t seems to be a requirement any more as both TN and KA sites doesn’t have that provision.

If the RTPCR results are in our favour, we will be leaving by tomorrow evening.
Old 11th July 2021, 18:25   #997
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjnigesh View Post
E-Pass doesn’t seems to be a requirement any more as both TN and KA sites doesn’t have that provision.
KA has done away with it, but don't know about TN.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjnigesh View Post
If the RTPCR results are in our favour, we will be leaving by tomorrow evening.
Good luck, please share your experience as I am due for the journey in 3 days.

Meanwhile I got hold of the Karnataka Government order dated 01/07/2021 which clearly states that persons coming from Kerala to Karnataka are exempt from the negative RT-PCR report if they have been vaccinated with 2 doses.
anilagdr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2021, 18:33   #998
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilagdr View Post

Meanwhile I got hold of the Karnataka Government order dated 01/07/2021 which clearly states that persons coming from Kerala to Karnataka are exempt from the negative RT-PCR report if they have been vaccinated with 2 doses.
Guess they later revised the two doses requirement to at least one dose. Checks at attibele are not consistent as such.

A friend who entered KA via the Moolehole checkpost( when ones comes via Muthanga,Wayanad) couple of days back were asked to show rt pcr negative report(not older than 72 hours) or vax certificate for one dose. Also check out the below post regarding entry to TN via Walayar.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route...ml#post5098866 (All Roads to Kerala)

Last edited by Bibendum90949 : 11th July 2021 at 18:37.
Bibendum90949 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2021, 18:39   #999
BHPian

Seems like it. Your post in the other thread points out to a problem with the Tamil Nadu officials being ignorant of latest orders, because an official in the Coimbatore collector's office asked me to travel by bus, train or flight when I called up their number today for e-pass clarification.
Old 11th July 2021, 18:51   #1000
BHPian

Just completed drive from Bangalore to Sagar (M.P.) via Hyderabad. No issues and no restrictions. Had done RtPcr for 3 of us in the car, but there was absolutely no checking and did not see any barricades enroute.

Will proceed to Dehradun on 17th July, will update on the situation.
justwheels is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2021, 10:14   #1001
BHPian

Planning to drive from U.P to kolkata next month. Do i need to carry the RT-PCR negative report or a vaccinated report would be sufficient.
Old 12th July 2021, 11:40   #1002
BHPian

What is the regn no of your vehicle? If WB then don't worry all is well and you won't be stopped, if UP then carry the negative report or the vaccinated report. Any one of these reports is more than enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravi Yadav View Post
Planning to drive from U.P to kolkata next month. Do i need to carry the RT-PCR negative report or a vaccinated report would be sufficient.
ssjr0498 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2021, 22:31   #1003
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjr0498 View Post
What is the regn no of your vehicle? If WB then don't worry all is well and you won't be stopped, if UP then carry the negative report or the vaccinated report. Any one of these reports is more than enough.
Thanks, for the update. Actually my car is MH registered. Wondering if Bihar and Jharkand states would accept the same.My concern is, if any of these states don't accept these certificates and insist on a RT-PCR.
Old 12th July 2021, 22:37   #1004
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibendum90949 View Post
Guess they later revised the two doses requirement to at least one dose. Checks at attibele are not consistent as such.

A friend who entered KA via the Moolehole checkpost( when ones comes via Muthanga,Wayanad) couple of days back were asked to show rt pcr negative report(not older than 72 hours) or vax certificate for one dose. Also check out the below post regarding entry to TN via Walayar.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route...ml#post5098866 (All Roads to Kerala)
Thanks.
When I arrived at Delhi airport, there was a police guy who was orally crying out that anyone who doesn’t have a COVID -ve report or vax certificate should give their sample. He didn’t mention is first dose certificate sufficient. People just ignored him and moved on. There was no written direction anywhere which was strange. And no checking or anything after that.
Garth is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th July 2021, 10:30   #1005
BHPian

Vaccination report should be more than enough!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravi Yadav View Post
Thanks, for the update. Actually my car is MH registered. Wondering if Bihar and Jharkand states would accept the same.My concern is, if any of these states don't accept these certificates and insist on a RT-PCR.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks