Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Search this Thread
Old 23rd June 2021, 12:53   #886
BHPian

Re: Interstate travel with the Covid-19 restrictions

Anyone recently travelled from Bangalore to chennai via hosur route?. Is e pass necessary?. I have some travel coming up in July.
Old 23rd June 2021, 16:25   #887
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

What option did people choose for travelling through TN? I dont see an option to travel between Bangalore and Kerala through TN.
It gives an option ( going out of TN by road ) but no option to enter TN. Also, what document did one upload as proof?
Old 23rd June 2021, 16:50   #888
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
I was stopped near Kovilpatti for TN epass check.
Arun - is ePass mandatory ? A friend is planning to travel BLR-MAS-BLR this weekend. The plan is for this weekend

Last edited by condor : 23rd June 2021 at 17:07.
Old 23rd June 2021, 17:11   #889
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srini1785 View Post
Anyone recently travelled from Bangalore to chennai via hosur route?. Is e pass necessary?. I have some travel coming up in July.
Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Arun - is ePass mandatory ? A friend is planning to travel BLR-MAS-BLR this weekend.
I think it is and better to take the epass. From the Blore-Chennai route thread, there is checking now and then.
Especially with few Delta+ cases been identified in TN, I have a feeling KA will re-introduce the Epass.
tharian is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2021, 17:17   #890
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Arun - is ePass mandatory ? A friend is planning to travel BLR-MAS-BLR this weekend. The plan is for this weekend
Yes, better to take one. It is just a e-registration and no approvals required. I saw TN police checking at KA-TN border for the traffic entering TN.
arun_josie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2021, 18:26   #891
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m8002? View Post
What option did people choose for travelling through TN? I dont see an option to travel between Bangalore and Kerala through TN.
It gives an option ( going out of TN by road ) but no option to enter TN. Also, what document did one upload as proof?
To travel from Bangalore to Kerala, you can take the "Other - going out of TN by road" option. That's what I took.

Also, for the document to be uploaded as proof, I gave the Kerala ePass
Repsol is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th June 2021, 16:18   #892
BHPian

TN transit epass was simple and straight forward last year.
Now it allows only 3 people in car(including driver) and 4 people in SUV/Innova. Are they enforcing it during the check?
Looks like a family of 4 cannot travel in a car!!!

Also, what do the cops check at Attibele/zuzuvadi border when entering TN without an entry e-pass? Damn, it is really messed up this time.

Last edited by m8002? : 24th June 2021 at 16:35.
Old 24th June 2021, 18:03   #893
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m8002? View Post

Also, what do the cops check at Attibele/zuzuvadi border when entering TN without an entry e-pass? Damn, it is really messed up this time.
They charge a fine of Rs.200 or Rs.500 and that receipt will become a epass for that specific date. Some cops will ask you to register on the spot.
Old 24th June 2021, 18:23   #894
BHPian

I travelled last week to Chennai with e-Pass. Not sure whether its mandatory or not. but took it. And we were only 2 in one car. so not sure of any number of passenger restrictions.
my post..
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route...ml#post5085703 (Bangalore - Chennai - Bangalore : Route Queries)

Last edited by Vizay : 24th June 2021 at 18:25. Reason: additional link
Old 24th June 2021, 18:44   #895
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
They charge a fine of Rs.200 or Rs.500 and that receipt will become a epass for that specific date. Some cops will ask you to register on the spot.
OK. I figured out that if we choose the Others option, then it allows only exit from TN and no Entry.

I am basically looking for a TN transit pass to go from Bangalore and Kerala and the only option seems to be using Medical Emergency.
Old 24th June 2021, 19:15   #896

Has anyone traveled through the Kognoli Nippani border from Maharashtra side towards Karnataka? What checks are being done and how much time should one provision for checks at the border? Also, since I will be traveling to Bangalore from Mumbai, is there any chance of hiccups if I reach Bangalore during the curfew hours?
Old 25th June 2021, 19:03   #897

We are travelling from Bangalore to Rajasthan starting July 1. I emailed the SPs of Kolhapur (Maharashtra) and Valsad (Gujarat) to check for any cross border travel requirements. The Kolhapur SP replied that no e-pass for Maharashtra is needed, but did not comment on whether RT-PCR test is required. The Gujarat SP has not responded yet.

I am planning to anyway get the RT-PCR test report, just to be sure. I was just wondering if we need it for our 5 year old kid who will be travelling with us as well. Any one has any experience on this?
Old 25th June 2021, 22:38   #898
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerremee View Post
Has anyone traveled through the Kognoli Nippani border from Maharashtra side towards Karnataka?
Travelled from Mangalore to Mumbai yesterday with a halt at Karad. No checks throughout the entire journey. I did have a -ve rtpcr report in hand. Karnataka police were doing checks at MH-KA border, for those entering Karnataka. So better to have a valid reason for travel.

AFAIK Karnataka police is very strict about the curfew. And they seem to consider the essential shops closing time as start of curfew, not 7 pm. So be careful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluestreaks View Post
We are travelling from Bangalore to Rajasthan starting July 1. ....Any one has any experience on this?
As I said earlier, no checks at the border. But carry the reports to be safe. Plus the delta plus variant has forced Maharashtra to again enforce some restrictions.

Last edited by TROOPER : 25th June 2021 at 22:58.
TROOPER is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th June 2021, 08:27   #899

Guys, I had done Chennai to Bangalore on June 23rd and Bangalore to Chennai on June 24th both ways via Vellore / Krishnagiri / Hosur Highway. The travel was am emergency so had to take with 3 people on my Grand i10 Nios.

On 23rd Morning recieved a call about the emergency, applied for a pass saying "Going out of TN via Road" uploaded Aadhar card in both the fields of Travel Document and ID proof field as well (As I don't have a Travel Document for my emergency) the pass got generated in an instant. Took print on the way and stuck it on the windscreen and started at around 8am.

Around 12.45pm reached Attibelle where I was stopped by some police in civilian getup. He was asking for a Pass. I told them Karnataka has no pass system for interstate travel however I have a TN pass to exit TN. He had a look at my TN pass on the windscreen and let me go. I have seen some cars are being pulled randomly and people have been made to wait due to some reason. May be I was lucky. Also please note KA registered cars are being left inside KA "No Questions Asked" Somehow managed to sneak in as mine was TN registered.

Similarly 24th at around 1pm generated an epass for Entry to TN saying it was a medical emergency. Pass got generated at an instant. Stuck on the screen, and left BLR at around 3.30pm. Huge traffic at Attibelle Toll. Reached TN entry Zuzuvadi checkpost of TN at around 4.45pm. The cops were checking for E-pass. They saw the E-pass on my windscreen and let me pass through the border. Post that no checks anywhere till I reached my home at Chennai at around 9.30pm (with 1 hour break in between)
Please note not many Hotels / Dhabas are not open in KA / TN . So make your food arrangements accordingly.
letsgo2016 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th June 2021, 09:43   #900

Thanks @TROOPER. Any thoughts on whether they will enforce RT PCR report for a 5 year old kid? I know it's a speculative question, but I don't want to get it done for him unless absolutely necessary. We parents will have our reports.

Most Viewed