Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th June 2021, 14:59   #826
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Interstate travel with the Covid-19 restrictions

What are the current travel restrictions related to Uttarakhand? Someone needs to go to Nainital for personal work, but neither of us have any idea about current lockdown status in UK.

Please help.
Old 7th June 2021, 15:07   #827
Team-BHP Support

My E-Pass to return via road to Hyderabad from Chennai is approved.

Do I need a RT-PCR report?

Unable to find this information anywhere. Even the E-Pass website does not mention anything. I have also received my first dose of Covishield. Does this have any factor on whether or not I need a report?
Old 7th June 2021, 18:02   #828
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post

Unable to find this information anywhere. Even the E-Pass website does not mention anything. I have also received my first dose of Covishield. Does this have any factor on whether or not I need a report?
As of now, vaccine certificate is not acceptable as a doc for travel. I really hope the govt. enables this to allow free movement for those who are vaccinated.

I feel this will be a tempting carrot for people to get vaccinated.
m8002? is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th June 2021, 20:48   #829
BHPian

Dear All, Finally I made it home in Bangalore after 6 weeks. I was supposed to get back home two weeks ago. Unfortunately, the RTCPR sample which I gave for travel into Karnataka came back as "Covid positive" and I had to undergo a 14-day home quarantine in my parents house. Luckily, I was asymptomatic and did not give the jitters to family.

Started from Tuticorin at 9.30AM today and reached my home in RRNagar at 5PM. Given the lockdown, the roads were free and the Tjet made driving 600kms like a piece of cake. I had taken epass to travel from Tamilnadu to Karnataka. No policeman stopped me even once when driving through Tamilnadu.
The first policeman to stop me was the entry at Karnataka border just before Attibele toll. They asked me the reason for travel and as I was about to show my parents hospital records, they asked me to move and no other questions asked. Even RTPCR report was not asked. Anyone who is traveling from Tamilnadu to KA, as long as you have a valid reason for travel, you wont have any issue to enter Karnataka. Mine is a Karnataka registered vehicle. My cousin drove inside KA with his TN registered car yesterday and he was asked to show his proof of residence in Bangalore additionally.
gopikb is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 7th June 2021, 21:07   #830

I travelled from Pune to Tirur Kerala on 5th-6th June. Wanted to share the details on current conditions. (Things are surely fluidic and change from day to day)

We had secured a pass from Pune to go to Kerala. Registered for Tamilnadu Pass and Kerala Pass.

We started from Pune at 9:30 AM. Both myself and spouse had taken the vaccine just 2 days back and hence did not travel early in the morning.

There were checks at every district borders in Maharashtra. (This could possibly have changed after the unlock today). The Pass we had was checked here and we were allowed to go. Traffic was about 30% of what I would expect normally till Kolhapur.

On the Karnataka border we were stopped and they asked for RTPCR. I showed them the pass and said I do not have the test reports. After some convincing the person (did not seem like a cop) asked me to proceed on an agreement that if anyone asks in Karnataka I would tell them I showed them the report at the border Karnataka had minimum traffic 20% of what I would expect normally. We saved a lot of time in the toll booths with no vehicles. Reached Tumkur at 8 Pm but no hotels were open so we were forced to drive to Bangalore . (We wanted to halt at Tumkur to take the Mysore route to Kerala in the morning.) Reached Bangalore E-city at 10 PM and checked into Radha Regency. We were the only guests in the hotel.

6th June we left at 10:30 AM after a delayed start due to hotel delaying our breakfast. At Attibele we were asked for TN pass and on showing on the phone we were allowed to go in 2 seconds. The traffic was almost non existent on this route.

We reached Walayar at 3:15 PM. Cops looked at all the passes. Asked if we had RTPCR. I said no. I also told them we were vaccinated. They were convinced and let us go. Took about a minute. kerala roads were literally empty and traffic was 2% of normal traffic. We reached our destination at 5:30 PM.

Overall We had packed all our food. Restaurants were available in Maharashtra. Very few in Karnataka and none in Tamil Nadu and Kerala. The only food we ate outside was the breakfast in the hotel we stayed.

My Drive was my BMW X3 and it was fun due to no traffic (hope I don't get any tickets )

In case anyone wants any details please do feel free to ask.
iamsandeep is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 8th June 2021, 22:30   #831
Senior - BHPian

Hello everyone,

Are there any restrictions on business travel from Maharashtra to Hyderabad?
Old 8th June 2021, 22:33   #832
BHPian

Re: B'lore Airport?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMaruru View Post
My sis will be flying from Mumbai Via Goa into B'lore. Will she be asked for one?
She spoke to the Airlines and they told her there is NO requirement of RT-PCR certificate for arrival in B'lore.
Old 8th June 2021, 22:55   #833
BHPian

Re: The Coronavirus Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by chennai-indian View Post
if you are in Chennai, there are lots of slots available in Apollo hospitals. My wife's was fone at Apollo first Med. The wait was only for 10 min.
Hi. I may have to travel to Chennai next week to collect my visa related documents as my organization is currently unable to mail them to Hyderabad. Just wanted to understand COVID and lock down situation in Chennai. I was told, that as of now, I would need negative RT-PCR report and an e-pass for Airport-Office-Airport commute. Therefore, refrained from travelling this week.

Do you expect that to change next week i.e., after 14th June? Thanks in advance.
Old 9th June 2021, 09:56   #834
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiestaST View Post
Hi. I may have to travel to Chennai next week to collect my visa related documents as my organization is currently unable to mail them to Hyderabad. Just wanted to understand COVID and lock down situation in Chennai. I was told, that as of now, I would need negative RT-PCR report and an e-pass for Airport-Office-Airport commute. Therefore, refrained from travelling this week.

Do you expect that to change next week i.e., after 14th June? Thanks in advance.
I do believe that the rules will be relaxed from 14th July but not before that.
Old 9th June 2021, 10:04   #835
BHPian

Quote:
I do believe that the rules will be relaxed from 14th July but not before that.
Woah. Did you mean June 14th or indeed July 14th?
Old 9th June 2021, 10:17   #836
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiestaST View Post
Woah. Did you mean June 14th or indeed July 14th?
Sorry 14th June and not July. I do not think TN Govt can afford to keep extending this lockdown any further.
Old 9th June 2021, 10:26   #837
BHPian

Quote:
Sorry 14th June and not July. I do not think TN Govt can afford to keep extending this lockdown any further.
Thanks, it's reassuring to know from someone that knows ground reality. Also, I thought lockdown will be lifted (atleast relaxed for few hours like in Hyderabad) on May 31st. Well, TN surprised us. Let's wait and watch
Old 9th June 2021, 10:32   #838
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (4)

Hello, any one travelled to Tirupathi from Bangalore recently. What is the current situation now in terms of COVID restrictions and roads too.
Thank you
Old 9th June 2021, 13:55   #839
BHPian

Hi Folks!

I drove down to Kolkata over the weekend of 2nd April. And then rest is history.

Our initial plan was to return on the weekend of 14th May. But with the cases mounting and lockdowns imposed across various states, including Karnataka, West bengal, Orissa and AP, we were stuck here in Kolkata.

Now, we plan our return drive on the weekend of 18th June. Hopefully by then all the states would remove / relax their lockdown norms.

Planned night halts: 18th June - Brahmapur; 19th June - Vijayawada.

But, wanted to check with folks around, what all would I need for this journey:
1. RTPCR reports - Y/N
2. ePass (4 states): West Bengal --> Orissa --> Andhra Pradesh --> Karnataka

Anything else should I be worried about?

Regards
Saurav
Old 10th June 2021, 21:10   #840
Team-BHP Support

Update: Chennai to Hyderabad by Car.

I had applied for the E-Pass from https://policeportal.tspolice.gov.in/
It got rejected.

A few days later I reapplied.
It was stuck in "Pending".

I tweeted about this and tagged https://twitter.com/TelanganaCOPs
Then added in https://twitter.com/hydcitypolice to the Tweet.

The E-Pass was approved.
I also got a E-Pass from https://eregister.tnega.org/ for "Going to Other State"

I had an uneventful drive with only one cursory inspection of the E-Pass on the TS/AP Border.
I did not do any RT-PCR test before this drive.
bblost is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks