Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd May 2021, 23:16   #781
BHPian

Re: Interstate travel with the Covid-19 restrictions

Quote:
Originally Posted by balenoed_ View Post
It is there in the GO which was released yesterday. Attached the pdf. Also the relevant snippet from it below:

Attachment 2159289

It says so, but I think it is still vague. Likely to to be true too.

Attachment 2159292
Thank you so much for attaching the government order. This provides me the much needed confidence to drive back to Bangalore on Monday. I will take print out and keep this handy. The grin on the face of my daughter and son was a treat to see after 4 weeks. Never been out so long even when I travel on office work. Hopefully the police will not play spoilsport and allow a smooth entry and drive back home.
Unfortunately my wife has put a strict two week quarantine for me at home. I cant even go near any of them even after I reach home. Will miss those hugs. Strange days we are living in.

Last edited by gopikb : 22nd May 2021 at 23:23.
gopikb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2021, 18:09   #782

Hope this post is useful for some.

We had driven to Shillong in April after school's vacation started - for a workcation before the 2nd wave started happening. We had a medical situation back home and had to return.

We got back from Shillong to Bangalore this week. In Shillong we had got a Medical Emergency pass to leave Shillong for May 20th.

We were on a KA car.

May 20 :

Shillong to Assam : Open border. No-one at checkpost.

Assam to West Bengal : Open border. There was a lone cop sitting in the checkpost booth but did not stop us.

We stopped for the night in Malda in a random Oyo.

May 21 :

Inside WB we had to take a fork - one that goes to Kolkata and one that goes to Kharagpur on NH 16. The one that goes to Kolkata cars were being stopped. On the fork we took - there was none.

West Bengal to Orissa : Checkpost at border just before the toll. They saw KA vehicle and asked for proof for residence. Gave Aadhar card copy, RC Card copy and were allowed to enter.

But just after crossing the toll, a plain clothed man asked us to get ourselves registered in a makeshift hut away from highway. There were bunch of plain clothed people - wearing gloves, and again asked where you are going etc. Same time another man from their team came to me separately and started doing small talk. The wife was talking to the head - he was asking for RT PCR test, which ICMR has said is not needed. After a few minutes of convincing on the emergency they let us pass. Didn't have a good feeling.

We found a place to stay (Treebo Hotel Oasis - which is just off the NH 16 highway
) - and there is a lockdown. We entered around night 10PM - and there was no one manning the barricades.

Morning when we started around 8:00 AM, right in front of the hotel the cops were manning the barricade. We showed the Meghalaya pass and said we are leaving Orissa to Bangalore - they let us off.

May 22 :

Orissa - Andhra Pradesh border. Open. There was a checkpost and there was a cop with a red flag and he waved the lorry ahead of us, but let us pass without any checks.

Inside Andhra - before Vijayawada around 6:00 PM - they were checking for e-pass I think. Before starting I had seen the site, but for a passing through the state scenario there was no option.

There was a huge traffic pile up and they let all the cars pass.

Inside Vijayawada we were pulled over again. They asked for e-pass. We told about the medical emergency and we showed the the Meghalaya pass. He was not accepting as validity say 20th. We told we are not stopping anywhere and we are going directly to Bangalore - which was true. Entire trip we had packed food and water and found a place to stay the first 2 nights ( Malda and Bhubaneshwar). He took photo of number plate and let us pass.

May 23 :

Andhra Pradesh to Karnataka border

Morning around 3:00 AM we crossed Bangalore border on Old Madras road. There was a lone cop - he just stopped us and waved to turn back. We moved to the side and waited. 2 more cars came and he did the same. One was a taxi - the passenger got down and spoke to the cop and showed something on the phone - he let them pass. Similar thing happened with the other car. One of us got down and told him that we have to get back because of the emergency. Showed the pass and the medical reports we got - he said but validity has expired. After a few minutes of pleading he let us pass.

Reached home around 5 AM. No other stops - even though we saw lot of barricades. Not sure if we could have moved freely if it was in the day time.

My tips will be to avoid any travel - and if you have to - time it for a late night / early morning entry. Also showing the medical reports helps. Except the Orissa border I felt the cops are reasonable and are implementing the State's orders.
vencat is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2021, 18:14   #783
BHPian

Today my wife alerted me that there is a news in Times that the Karnataka home minister has made Covid negative Test report mandatory for inter-state travelers. So I will be going out to give the Test tomorrow and get the report before driving to Bangalore. Hence the plan to drive back home has been deferred to Wednesday.

Interstate travel with the Covid-19 restrictions-times.jpg

I think this should be a cleaner path instead of getting into a situation at Karnataka border. This should be true for people entering Karnataka from any other state also.

Last edited by gopikb : 23rd May 2021 at 18:16.
Old 24th May 2021, 19:39   #784
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopikb View Post
the plan to drive back home has been deferred to Wednesday.
Based on an update I received today. Stranded persons who have residency in KA are allowed through. It does however take time for checks at Attibele. Get a TN ePass which is asked at every district.
narayans80 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th May 2021, 19:51   #785
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayans80 View Post
Based on an update I received today. Stranded persons who have residency in KA are allowed through. It does however take time for checks at Attibele. Get a TN ePass which is asked at every district.
Thank you Narayan. I did get the TN epass to drive out to Bangalore on Wednesday from Thoothukudi. So passing through TN is not an issue. I have also gone and given sample for RTPCR test today and should get the result tomorrow which will enable smooth entry into Karnataka. I have my parents hospitalization records to show as proof of Medical emergency. It is a matter of one more day now. I have waited for a month. So one more day and I can travel with confidence.

Thank you for your information anyway. Hopefully it will be useful for many other stranded people like me.
Old 25th May 2021, 07:03   #786

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayans80 View Post
Thanks for the information.
At Attibele, is it sufficient to provide residence proof?
Old 25th May 2021, 08:03   #787
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (4)

What is the revised guidelines as per which persons can travel interstate. The article only says interstate travel permitted as per revised guidelines.
Old 25th May 2021, 09:48   #788
BHPian

Lockdown extended in Uttarakhand till June 1st.
People entering Uttarakhand from other states need to get RT-PCR negative report not older than 72 hrs & compulsory registration & e-pass on portal to enter the state.

The hills are seeing a rise in covid cases & many villages are under containment zones. With hardly any medical facilities available up in hills it is advised not to travel to take any unnecessary travel.

The chardham yatra (Badrinath, Kedarnath, Gangotri & Yamunotri) to the shrines is closed for this year too.
dieselburner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th May 2021, 10:01   #789
BHPian

Hi all, I am planning to return back to Bangalore from Kerala over the weekend with my family. Plan is to start early morning and reach Bangalore by mid-day. We plan to carry RTPCR reports and TN transit pass. Is there any other document that we need to carry? Will there be any issues while crossing TN or after entering into Bangalore at Hosur since Bangalore will be in lockdown at that time?
Old 27th May 2021, 18:36   #790
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

This query is for a friend who wants to travel from Bangalore to Chennai, someone in their family has a medical emergency that was diagnosed today and will need to undergo a surgery this week.
What are the current procedures for travel and what documentation is required ? Appreciate any and all quick responses.
Old 27th May 2021, 18:52   #791
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangy62 View Post
What is the revised guidelines as per which persons can travel interstate. The article only says interstate travel permitted as per revised guidelines.
This is a very ambiguous statement issued by KA. I happened to undertake an intra-district travel within Karnataka thinking that they have relaxed the restrictions. Luckily I also carried some health documents to justify my travel. I was stopped several times both on the highway (NH4) as well as after entering Bangalore. I was told by the cops that one can only travel if they have a permission. I had to inform them that there is no channel to get the permission in Karnataka. On one occasion I was even fined Rs.250 for violating the social distancing rules! I believe that I was lucky and could get away only because my family was with me.
Old 27th May 2021, 22:53   #792
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
This query is for a friend who wants to travel from Bangalore to Chennai, someone in their family has a medical emergency that was diagnosed today and will need to undergo a surgery this week.
What are the current procedures for travel and what documentation is required ? Appreciate any and all quick responses.
NPV, Traveling from Bangalore to Chennai is no issue. Just ask your friend to get TN epass from below link
https://eregister.tnega.org/#/user/pass
It is instant approval and download pdf and stick on the front and drive.
Old 28th May 2021, 07:32   #793
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopikb View Post
NPV, Traveling from Bangalore to Chennai is no issue. Just ask your friend to get TN epass from below link
https://eregister.tnega.org/#/user/pass
It is instant approval and download pdf and stick on the front and drive.
Thanks gopi

On the return (after 2-3 days), what's the process on the Karnataka side for entry back in to Bangalore ?
Old 28th May 2021, 10:32   #794
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Thanks gopi

On the return (after 2-3 days), what's the process on the Karnataka side for entry back in to Bangalore ?
For Tamilnadu, same ePASS apply to travel to other state. That will do. For entry into Karnataka, right now inter state travel is allowed. So he should be able to pass through. However, the home minister has given a statement that RTPCR negative report is needed for entry into Karnataka. But this is not clearly put in the circular of lockdown.
When entering Karnataka I am hearing that some cops ask for RTPCR report, but if your friend shows proof of residence in Karnataka, they allow to pass through without any more questions. My cousin traveled from Madurai to Bangalore day before yesterday and he was not even asked for RTPCR report.
So I think it depends on his luck.
gopikb is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th May 2021, 13:03   #795
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

^^^Thanks again Gopi!

Another query for another friend (so many people in my circles seem to be battling some crisis or other and need to embark on emergency travel):
For air travel in to Bangalore, is RTPCR negative report required ? Are there enough Cabs / Vayu Vajra airport buses plying now in Bangalore ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks