Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th July 2021, 13:33   #976
Senior - BHPian

Re: Interstate travel with the Covid-19 restrictions

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravib View Post
As per last sunday guidelines from TN, no ePass is required to travel to Ooty or Kodai or other hill stations and no ePass/eRegistration needed for inter-district travel within TN.
While eRegistration for inter-district is cancelled. There is no explicit mention on ePass requirement for hill station, which leaves it to ambiguity. The same story with inter-state travel as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydtraveller View Post
Probably those entering from Mettupalyam side may get away if they do not belong to Kerala or Karnataka.
In March, there was mandatory eRegistration even for TN residents. The pass was checked at Burliar on the Mettupalayam-Conoor section.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlet_Rider View Post
Hyderabad to Solapur
For MH, isn't it only RT-PCR < 48 hours. Official MH state notification doesn't mention acceptance of vaccination certificates in lieu of RT-PCR yet.

Last edited by narayans80 : 6th July 2021 at 13:36.
narayans80 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th July 2021, 14:07   #977
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayans80 View Post
While eRegistration for inter-district is cancelled. There is no explicit mention on ePass requirement for hill station, which leaves it to ambiguity. The same story with inter-state travel as well.
Hello, Narayan sir. agree there is ambiguity but i saw in new channels, that people can now travel to hill stations.
For safe side, i would still assume, for inter-state travel and hill stations, its better to do eRegistration.

-Ravi
Old 6th July 2021, 15:35   #978
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravib View Post
For safe side, i would still assume, for inter-state travel and hill stations, its better to do eRegistration.
Yes that would be the safest bet. While border checking at Attibele is lax, eRegistration check was religiously followed on both Burliar and Mudhumalai entry points even before second wave emerged (when TN cases were in 3 digits). Even mask check was happening in Ooty town limits.
narayans80 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th July 2021, 16:55   #979
Senior - BHPian

Here is latest news i just saw few minutes back.
ePass is must for tourists from KA & KL to enter Nilgiris.
This also means that within TN or from CBE side (inter-district), ePass is not required.
But please note that major tourist spots are not yet open at this time.

https://www.newindianexpress.com/sta...t-2325816.html

-Ravi

Last edited by ravib : 6th July 2021 at 16:59.
ravib is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th July 2021, 17:45   #980
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Why are they still holding on to the e-Pass? I dont think there was any followup of the travellers or contact tracing in case there is a covid +ve case found. I can understand insisting RT-PCR/vaccine status to some extent, especially from KL or MH since the case count there has not reduced a lot.

The only thing I can think of, they are making it a wee bit difficult for public so that a 0.001% people dont travel :-) but given the lax scrutiny, people still go ahead without one.
m8002? is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th July 2021, 18:04   #981
BHPian

Due to a death in the family, had to travel Bengaluru-Kolkata yesterday. We had RT PCR test done and results ready per norms. However no checking either at BLR or CCU. According to West Bengal entry criteria, RT PCR is mandatory
Mamata Didi- Why have guidelines if you don't intend to follow the same?

Last edited by xotiq : 6th July 2021 at 18:06.
Old 6th July 2021, 18:41   #982
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m8002? View Post
Why are they still holding on to the e-Pass?
Quote:
Originally Posted by xotiq View Post
Why have guidelines if you don't intend to follow the same?
Always the case with some government regulation brought in a hurry or to deal with a temporary situation. It's easy to bring the regulation/ban in, especially in the time of an emergency, always tough to have it lifted. In several areas, the regulation/ban will linger on to be used/abused by some minor government official for years to come.

With the covid panic giving local authorities at every level (and several local non-authorities too!) the freedom to impose any and every regulation/restriction that they can dream up (however unscientific or however little it really does to "control covid"), this sort of situation was always on the cards. The number of queries in the travel threads expressing confusion at the local restrictions is testimony to the fallout of such measures.

(Not just the government, people too tend to welcome such measures. Just look at all the 'regulations' RWAs in apartment buildings imposed. Long after covid ceases to become headlines, I'm sure somewhere in an apartment building in a corner of Bangalore, some RWA will continue to scrub all surfaces, operate "disinfecting tunnels", and ban outdoor activities!)

Last edited by am1m : 6th July 2021 at 18:47.
am1m is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th July 2021, 19:38   #983
BHPian

Looking for help and suggestions from fello BHPians who are familiar with north/western karnataka.

Though not yet finalised, my friends are proposing below trip from Hindupur/Bangalore with a group of 10-15 people in personal cars.

Day 1: Hindupur/Bangalore -> Udupi -> Mangalore (halt)
Day 2: Mangalore -> Sringeri -> Hornadu -> Dharmasthala (halt)
Day 3: Dharmasthala -> Kukke Subramanya -> Hindupur/Bangalore

Please help on below queries

1. Whether the plan looks OK considering tightly packed schedule may be time restrictions for darshan and travel.
2. Whether the temples will be open for darshan
3. Recommendations for good hotels
4. Whether epass is required
5. Any information/suggestions on whether this is feasible or not and any issues you foresee.

Last edited by Everlearner : 7th July 2021 at 19:39.
Old 7th July 2021, 20:04   #984
Distinguished - BHPian

Is negative RTPCR still required to get into rajasthan?
Old 8th July 2021, 17:53   #985

We (my wife, my son and I) drove from Bangalore to Rajasthan from July 1 to July 4. We had taken RT-PCR negative test results with us. We drove through Karnataka, Maharastra, Gujarat and Rajasthan. At none of the three borders, were we stopped, nor were we questioned. No one checked the test report either. I had not taken any e-pass for any of the states.

It may be because we were a family traveling. At the Gujarat border, the cops were talking to a couple of other cars, but we just went through without being stopped.
bluestreaks is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th July 2021, 20:10   #986
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
A friend drove from Mumbai to Delhi last weekend, and he said there were no checks anywhere for RT_PCR even though they had carried the reports with them.

Good luck with your drive and do share your experience!
VT-RNS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2021, 15:34   #987
BHPian

Hello BHPians,

I have to travel from Thrissur to Bangalore on Monday 12/07/2021 to drop my sister off, who is studying and working at Yelahanka. We will be using our own car (KL registered) for the same.

One of my friend will be also riding her scooter (also KL registered) along with us for dropping it off there as well.

Once done, myself along with my friend will be driving back to Thrissur on the same night.

Note: None of us haven’t got vaccinated or have a valid RTPCR done yet. We can get the RTPCR test from the nearby hospital if required though.

Looking forward to find out the current restrictions that are in place. Much appreciated all the guidance and advices in advance.
Old 11th July 2021, 09:50   #988
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjnigesh View Post
Hello BHPians,

I have to travel from Thrissur to Bangalore on Monday 12/07/2021 to drop my sister off, who is studying and working at Yelahanka. We will be using our own car (KL registered) for the same.

One of my friend will be also riding her scooter (also KL registered) along with us for dropping it off there as well.

Once done, myself along with my friend will be driving back to Thrissur on the same night.

Note: None of us haven’t got vaccinated or have a valid RTPCR done yet. We can get the RTPCR test from the nearby hospital if required though.

Looking forward to find out the current restrictions that are in place. Much appreciated all the guidance and advices in advance.
You should have the RT-PCR negative report for all travellers to enter KA from KL. Since you have a KL registered car, there is a good chance you will be stopped.
m8002? is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2021, 11:25   #989
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
With effect from today, people arriving from outside Rajasthan need to carry only first dose certificate. However, in case the first dose has not been done, negative report would be required. But, when I travelled from Mumbai to Rajasthan last week, there was no checking done at the border or anywhere, even the hotels allowed check in without the negative report.

Last edited by sahil624 : 11th July 2021 at 11:26. Reason: Correction
Old 11th July 2021, 12:25   #990
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjnigesh View Post
Hello BHPians,

Since you are not yet vaccinated, and given the new threat due to Zika virus, there are strict restrictions to cross via TN and also RT-PCR negative report is mandatory to enter KA.

As m8002 mentioned, since you have KL registered car, you are very likely to be stopped in Attibelle TN-KA border. So keep all sufficient proof documents ready.

-Ravi
ravib is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks