Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Search this Thread
Old 19th July 2021, 10:23   #1036
BHPian

Re: Interstate travel with the Covid-19 restrictions

Quote:
Originally Posted by balenoed_ View Post
Did you do this? And which border are you referring to and how did it go?

Does any one have the current update on Attibele border checking for TN > KA travel?
Last week I drove to Mangalore from Chennai in a KL registered car. I was stopped at Attibele. Only KL cars were stopped. Had to go to the counter, showed them vaccination certificate (1st Dose), told them the destination and they let me go.

So if you're driving a KL car, keep your vaccination certificate handy.

I returned Yesterday to Chennai. There was no checking at all at the border.
revver is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th July 2021, 17:27   #1037
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravib View Post
1) You don't need ePass to enter KA, but for return back to Salem, to enter TN, you may need one as there are random checks.
2) neither of it is mandatory, but if you have fully vaccinated certificate, that will be helpful.
3) yes you can use flight tickets as proof.

-Ravi
Update : Started at 5 AM from Salem,picked my brother from the Bangalore airport and reached salem by 2.30 PM.There was absoutely no check any where and we were not stopped at all.

I had the following ePass/certificates in case there was a check.
a) TN epass to pick people from airport
b) Vaccine certificate and flight ticket
c) RAT test report(No RT PCR)

Thanks ravib for your comment
hdi_pro is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th July 2021, 21:35   #1038
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bj96 View Post
... Is RT-PCR required in GJ / Daman for 11 and 16 year old children...
Answering my own question for the benefit of the group. Just back from the trip. There were no Covid checks at GJ/MH or GJ/DD borders, however, hotels and some restaurants in DD were asking for Vaccination/RTPCR proofs (for kids too). DD has lockdown enforced post 10pm and walk-in guests were denied entry in the restaurants after 10 pm.

-BJ
bj96 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2021, 00:32   #1039
Senior - BHPian

Does anyone know what is the kind of checking happening while entering KA on Kolar road while coming from AP (Chittor/Tirupathi), Chennai side?
Old 22nd July 2021, 11:53   #1040
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Does anyone know what is the kind of checking happening while entering KA on Kolar road while coming from AP (Chittor/Tirupathi), Chennai side?
No checking is happening.
However, becareful that in Nangli toll (which is the border) few people will stop the car and ask to donate money saying the are collecting money for Army/Military people and demand to pay money. Politely refuse it and move on.

-Ravi
ravib is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2021, 12:55   #1041
BHPian

When I drove down from Calcutta, about 2-3 weeks ago, there was no checking of any sorts!

Quote:
ssjr0498 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2021, 13:08   #1042
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
TN e-Pass system is not letting to select any date from July 20th onwards, it is all greyed out. Not sure if TN is done away with it?

Attachment 2180895
Epass is available on the website now. I have got the epass to travel to Tamilnadu tomorrow.
speedmiester is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th July 2021, 09:13   #1043
BHPian

Re: International Arrivals?

Any information about international arrivals in India?

Are there any requirements for RT-PCR certificate OR would the vaccine certificate will do?

Please advise!
Old 25th July 2021, 21:26   #1044
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjr0498 View Post
When I drove down from Calcutta, about 2-3 weeks ago, there was no checking of any sorts!
Is it that there is no requirement of any pass or was it just luck. I plan to travel to Hyderabad from Kolkata this August. Hence any update on epass requirements would be helpful.
Old 25th July 2021, 23:40   #1045
BHPian

Returned to Bangalore today after a 3 day trip to Munnar. I have completed 2 dose of vaccination and my friend has one dose. For Kerala, RTPCR test is not required if both the doses are completed. However, to avoid any issues I also got a RTCPR test done. Route was Bangalore-Hosur-Salem-Udumalpettai-Marayoor-Munnar and same route for return journey. Epass for both states, TN and KL was registered.
Few points:
1) Onward journey no checks in TN side
2) We were stopped at Chinnar checkpost, just to check I only provided my final vaccination certificate and friends 1st dose and RTPCR. Forest official was still questioning, however when I clarified for final dose RTPCR is not required for KL, they let us pass.
3) Stopped at two more checkposts in KL side, only vehicle and occupant details were noted. Reached Munnar peacefully.
4) Epass was not checked in TN and KL
5) For return journey from Munnar, we did not register the Epass. Were feeling a little confident(over)
6) At all three checkposts in Kerala, basic details of vehicle and occupants was asked, no Epass or any other information demanded.
7) When we entered TN at Chinnar, we were asked to provide Epass. Luckily the guard at the post let us go after we showed vaccination certificates and asked us to register for E-pass as soon as we had network. Did precisely that however till we reached Bangalore, no checks at all.

The checkpost officials are more concerned about vehicles from other state entering their state, they don't have a problem when other state vehicles are exiting.

My two cents for conclusion,
*Keep a copy of the vaccination details
*RTPCR must if one vaccination is done, some check posts check and some don't. Dont take a chance on this
*Carry E-pass copy for KL and TN, there are required and depending on the official you will be asked to provide it. It is a 10 min process to register online, can help you avoid unnecessary hassles.
*Saw lots of KL vehicles being parked aside at multiple TN checkposts with family members waiting inside, extra scrutiny for KL registered vehicle. If traveling with family, please plan ahead and dobt make them suffer.

Hope this helps.
Raghunath Singh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th July 2021, 08:56   #1046
BHPian

No requirements, they know WB = Didi! Means "Warning Brother" do not touch!

Anyway, during my recent rides towards Hyderabad and towards Kolar, I have seen the folks stopping cars bearing registration that have AP, TN, KL & MH!
If you're car has any of these, then you need to plan maite, chances are that you might be stopped!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderer View Post
Is it that there is no requirement of any pass or was it just luck. I plan to travel to Hyderabad from Kolkata this August. Hence any update on epass requirements would be helpful.
ssjr0498 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2021, 09:16   #1047
Distinguished - BHPian

What is the logic with stopping out-state registered vehicles? Do 'local' vehicles not carry the coronavirus? Is a local address as good as a vaccine?

Really ridiculous. Crowds in Bangalore are more or less back to normal, even restaurants are full. Scientifically is it realistic to suppose that whichever xyz variant is not already circulating in every place and every state? By stopping a fraction of 'outside' vehicles are they really protecting anyone or just harassing people?
Old 26th July 2021, 11:00   #1048
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by am1m View Post
What is the logic with stopping out-state registered vehicles? Do 'local' vehicles not carry the coronavirus
The onus of handling the pandemic lies with states. If you note the restrictions closely, these are either on source states that have high case load (KL, MH) or states/places with poorer medical facilities (Goa, Nilgiris). Double dose vaccination or RT-PCR is accepted anyway.

For the moment, I see nothing wrong with the status quo.
narayans80 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2021, 11:19   #1049
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayans80 View Post
If you note the restrictions closely, these are either on source states that have high case load (KL, MH) or states/places with poorer medical facilities (Goa, Nilgiris).
The point is why harass only the non-state registered vehicles? If the idea is to control variants from states with high case loads or lesser medical facilities, shouldn't all vehicles coming from those states be stopped/checked? I drove last week back home to Bangalore from such a state and there was no checking only because we have a KA-registered car, or more probably because it was raining. And trust me, with the crowd in Bangalore, the chances of me getting/spreading something is far higher here at home than it was in the area of the state that I drove in from! So why stop only the other state vehicles? Let the policy be uniform and based on science. By all means ask for an RT-PCR negative report or single/double vaccine certificate. But let it be uniform.

Last edited by am1m : 26th July 2021 at 11:23.
Old 26th July 2021, 12:03   #1050
BHPian

If common sense was so common, then this problem would not be common!
ssjr0498 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed